Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((Game Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 pm
Alarmed by his Kiri's protectiveness, Demitry shouts at her without realizing, all presence of weakness or frailty gone, "Don't! You don't know what happening. I can only guess magic. If it's a mental attack, I should be strong enough to resist. If not, you are one of few with a weapon." Finally letting out a feeble cough, he wipes his mouth and smiles at you, "I-I think *hack cough cough* we can all agree... It'd be simpler to contend with me than fight against you. Ri-r-right?" Without waiting for her to act before him, he reaches out to pick up the artifacts.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm
@ All: The wind picks up and seems to scream as it moves through the city, dust and debris flying. "QUICKLY, INTO THE TEMPLE!" Bolafus shouts to the panicking crowd. No one beyond the stage can hear him and the people start running towards their homes.

@ Demitry: The Chalice is cool to the touch, about what you'd expect from the metal. The dagger however realeases an electrical charge up your arm, causing you to drop it. The Saint-Knight Picks it up quickly and sheathes it in a special slot in his cuirass. "Don't touch it unless you're a paladin, it could kill you." He yells over the screaming wind, grabbing the chaloce from you as well.

@ All: Lightning strikes all around and the sound of thunder is like the howl of a hundred angry demons. Rain begins to fall.

But it's not rain...

The smell of copper fills the air and a metallic tang bites your tongues. It's... blood. When it stops, you are all soaked and the only people still outside are your group, Lamont's family and a single man standing in the middle of the square.

Lightning still strike and the wind still howls as the man looks up at you, an inhuman light burns from behind his eyes.

[Blood Rain have fallen, take heed. (Will Save: DC 20, penalty -1 on ttacks, damage, saves, and checks for 24 hours)]  

Jacior

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm
Blood... so much blood. Pooling, staining his armor, skin, and hair. And the smell of the blood boiling away from his blade, burning. The combination of it all and seeing his close friends also look like bloodied corpses didn't help much. "Why..."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:00 pm
Shaking the numbness out of his hand, Demitry quickly follows form with the others by heading to the temple. Barely even taking a step the sound of thunder startles him enough for another round of coughing fits. At first it was only small drops that sizzled after it seeped into his clothes, but as the rain grew stronger so too did the smell. The sickeningly sweet smell of metal filled his nose. His legs, paralyzed by nausea, causes the frail mage to collapse to his knees. "Stars and stones..." Gasping those words, he begins to claw at the cloth around his throat. Surrendering to the worst part of himself and begins to vomit.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 am
User ImageNadyei's discipline and resolve see her through the strange downpour and storm. She looks directly at the mystery man. "Who are you?! For what purpose have you come here?!" she calls out through the thunder, her massive bow trained in him, an arrow of ruby energy knocked and drawn.  
Avatar129142137 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 pm
(Because it can be made as part of this post. And I would had I posted, thus actual character evens. Urged my family to enter the temple or they themselves would have taken the initiative after the high priests order. So... I don't think they need the save.)

Will Save Result: 25
-------------------------------------------------
Lamont heeds the words of his commander and rushes to the sides of his family to protect them. "What is happening!?"  

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:46 pm
The mans mouth splits open into an impossibley wide grin when Nadyei yells at him. Pointed teeth of unnatural whiteness greet the darkened square. Almost all the noise from outside has vanished, leaving only what noise the group is making to be heard.

The thing opens its mouth and from its maw erupts possibly the most horrible, dissonant noise imaginable. Shrieks and bellows, howls and moans, snapping bones and grating metal all come from that single twisted figure. The glass on all the buildings, excluding the temple, shatter into a thousand tiny shards and rain rain upon the square, joing the much more sinister rain that fell before it.

It pulls a hood over its face, leaving it in total blackness. Except for its disturbing grin and glowing eyes. Its hands erupt into fire as it stares you down, Daring you to make the first move.

((As another note [I sure seem to give a lot of notes to you people], you will never see any of the rolls I make. It helps with the story.))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 am
Kiri is trembling, causing her armor to set off a slight metallic rattling. Despite this, she crosses the platform, jumps down it, and then moves forward so that her bardiche is pointed directly at the thing's disturbing eyes.

"What the hell is going on here?"

{Kiri moves diagonally until she is directly in front of Lamont, jumps down there, and then moves another fifteen feet forward until she is 2 squares from the creature. This is a double move, so she can't attack unless it gives her an attack of opportunity--which she will take.}  

jennibert

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:10 pm
Tabitha draws her ever-present rapier in the concealment behind a pillar, and slowly starts to sneak around to a better position to strike at the man.

((Circling around behind the top end of the platform at half movement speed))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 pm
"Lamont." He looks at the man as he steels himself, before charging the evil being. "Be Judged by the Watcher and fall!"

Charging if I can do so off the thing we're on, activating SMITE EVIL on it.

If I can't charge off the thing, I'll move in, jumping off the platform anyways. And still making it my Smite Target. Dunno about you, but this thing doesn't look like it'd be the 'only detects as evil' type of thing.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am
"May the light of the Dawning Lady redeem your course!" Lamont Casts Nimbus of Light.

Quote:
As a standard action you may spend a use of Lay On Hands to conjure a Nimbus of light that emanates from your person in a 30 ft radius. Yourself and allies receive a +1 morale bonus to AC, To Hit, and Damage, and Saving throws against Fear. Duration 1 minute.

Lamont will then stay within thirty feet of his comrades so that they receive the bonuses from his boon granted by the Lady Sarenrae. He shall also try and maneuver closer to his family so that he may better protect them.

Scimitar drawn and facing the opponent the entire time. "Leilah, stray from this!" He speaks to her softly enough so as not to draw attention with a shout.

Leilah and the children will flee defensively to a safe location as fast and safe as possible. I presume this is going to mean inside the temple. I presume there are already civilians inside the temple, and that they would join them. I also presume the remaining Temple staff shall be doing their best to care for the citizens and also join us shortly.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 pm
Cupping his hands around his mouth, "Invocabo potestas terrae matris. Congregamini nata. Sit arma eripit injuriis pupillo." Completing the spelling, Demitry drives his fingers into the platform. Immediately phantom plants and dust gather around the frail mage forming a protective armor. Standing up, he prepares to face this new enemies beside his friends.

((Extended Mage Armor))  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm
User ImageThe thing wasn't going to do anything more than show off just how ugly and monstrous it was? Fine. Nadyei wasn't particularly phased by monstrous or terrifying critters - not after the hell she'd been through at the hands of the gnolls. She rapidly drew back her bow and unleashed her first arrow at the monster, drawing the next one in a flash and sending it towards the beast as well.

{Taking a longbow flurry at the monster.}  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm
Commotion, hubbub, chaos... But not the good kind. No, this was the bad kind. Shane didn't like the bad kind. While it made for excellent distraction, something he used to his benefit by attempting to slip into obscurity and move around to outflank this... whatever it is, it also caused undue fear, suspicion, and suffering.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:06 pm
Initiative:
Beast
Jennibert
Lamont
Disciple of Sakura
Little Miss Chloroform
MT the Clown
Laertes Ursus
Raganui Minamoto

Beast: The Beast grins even wider, if possible and his eye light up as he makes gestures and motions, chanting words in a foul and unfamiliar language. The square glows brightly before returning to normal, leaving only a shimmering film in doors, windows and roads.

Kiri: The creature watches as you, the swiftest member of the group springs into action. You flip off the stage and land in front of it. It seems rather confused by the bold action, hesitation clouds its eyes for a second.

Lamont: Lamont's magic causes the square to light up, accenting the shimmering films with a rainbow of colors, similar to that of a soap bubble. His family runs to the mighty doors of the Temple, only to find they cannot penetrate the film. They look desperately at Lamont and move behind a pillar.

Nadyei: Nadyei steps forward and releases the glowing missiles. They thud heavily into the creatures chest, making it shriek again, this time in agony.

Tabitha: Tabitha sneaks around the edge of the pillar, her always trusty rapier glinting in the still lightning filled skies. The creature is too distracted by Nadyei's assault to even remember you still exist. The shriek causes you to grind your teeth slightly.

Demitry: The creature stops shrieking suddenly and eyes you curiously, mayhaps, even hungrily as your armor forms around you. Saliva drips from its mouth a lot anyway, it's hard to tell.

Shane: You slip away, unnticed by the Beast. Between its pain at Nadyei's hands and its curious facination with Demitry, it really could seem to care less.

Mordred: Mordred atempts to follow Kiri's plan, but his being unused to his new plate armor causes him to trip and stumble over the edge. Landing heavily on the cobblestones, he picks himself up and invokes the strength of his god.

((Gonna post for the beast again, so people can figure what to do from there))

Beast: It keeps its eyes on Demitry as it casts another spell. Weaving the words and gestures, the air becomes unnaturally still. A grave sensation comes over those gathered.

((Map as it currently stands.))
User Image  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas