Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Sun 3.5 - Surviving (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Wrasynth Ksyamen rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 2, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2 Total: 27 (8-48)

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 am
once more

4, 5, 2, 1= 11
5, 3, 5, 2= 13

I feel like a wiser man all ready.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 pm
Candy: No. No actual money. And no metal just fyi.

Keith: So, what are you making, friend?

Wrasynth: Good choice. Right, time to answer that list o' questions.

Uh, Time Period... well, we're doing a bit o' custom timeline. Mr. Big Dragon guy is sealed, but Teccy is still alive... (Forget his name, I just call him that). And I'm pretty much just rolling from that.

Uh, "Unseen Way"? You lost me bud.

For a psychic warrior, probably have a decent weapon, some fit together armor, and a bit of other stuff.

Mul: Free, right now at least. That all can change depending on what happens. You're not from Tyr though.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 pm
Well, I was thinking Soulknife from XPH, but the problem is... that class sucks. Bigtime. So right now? I'm not sure. I'm playing an elf for sure, but class-wise? I have no idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm
hmm... well, you could look into Gladiator or Bard (Bard is SO different now), or something else. Uh, no Templar. Unless you want to try it without spells. It'd be interesting, but you'd pretty much suck until you somehow got a new sorcerer-king to become a templar of. And then, you're kinda stuck to that SK's domain if you want to keep your powers.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm
Raga, how 'bout this:

Give Soulknife Fighter BAB.
The Soulknife's weapon gets a +1 every five levels. Make it every 2 levels. By level 10 the party will probably have like +9 or so weapons.

Can we use Pathfinder stuff?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm
I think what we have here, is a failure to communicate.

The soul knife gets, at level 20, the equivilant of a +9 weapon. (or two + cool .

However, I do remember seeing a really good fix once, I'm going to try to find it.

And no, no pathfinder.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm
No, he gets a +5 weapon with a few enchantments that don't really make it the equivalent of a +9 weapon. The Soulknife is a straight up melee class, and has mediocre BAB for something that is supposed to get up close and personal. Even if you forgot the enhancement bonus I spoke up, boosting it's BAB would be logical.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Eh? No moneys? OK, well I spent it now. Also, this is probably stupid, but I just wanted to make sure: When you said 100gp, you meant 'Cp' in this world, right?  

candy express

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm
Hey Keith... I can't find the fix. Everything is just... well... not balanced for Dark Sun.

Your assumptions there, bud, are really made for a more 'Forgotten Realms' setting. Dark Sun... well the power shift is interesting. You'll be using Masterwork stuff for a bit, and non-magical crafted stuff (if you have crafting and what not). And you may find some minor magic or psionic items (more likely psionic), maybe get a +3 equiv. Until you start going after the good stuff, that is hard to get an well protected. Those items... they are ancient weapons and artifacts that do crazy stuff. Like Dark Flame (adamantine longsword, +5, fire burst. Casts cl 10 combustion on hit) or if you make items from particularly terrifying things, such as if you somehow find the remains of a dragon. Don't worry, I have a decent idea for some fun items that can be found later.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:27 pm
candy: Uh, yea. Sorry, forgot that they translated the 'adventuring gear' over to Ceramic.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 pm
... So... looking at the DS 3.5 ruleset... they don't have SoulKnives. So this whole argument is moot.

However, Keith, I'm willing to work with you here to try to get you able to play something you want. Just not soulknife. Why? Not needing a weapon in Dark Sun just doesn't fly very well. Reduces having to think through some situations. Or having to be resourceful, like using a bone as a weapon. ><;; No offense.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm
A SoulKnife can still lose his weapon, he must spend a move action to materialize it. I dunno what to play, honestly.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm
I've never heard of the DS setting until now... And after reading through most of the books on that website, I'm interested. I can has elf ranger?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm
Sure, Mush. Just remember that elves are really tall and jerks. Most of the time. ******** elves... if I ever find that group again, I'll rip their eyes out... er... ignore that...  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 pm
Tall and jerks. Got that...
Must run away before eyes get gouged out...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff