Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeEye

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm
I am very afraid to see what would happen if purewalkers were available for customs/bribes. Events with premades? Or concept contests? Sure. Allowing people to pay out the nose to have Princess Fluffycheeks made into a purewalker? No thanks.

EDIT: If they did go back to customs, then there needs to be STRICT RULES and they need to be enforced. People will take a mile as soon as you give them that inch.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 pm
@Jynk: Supply and demand actually DO work in the BC. Because there is soooo much demand for soquili's and so few in supply they automatically are worth more. Hence why the auctions can go for crazy amounts (not JUST because of the edits) So I'd have to disagree with you. And it's still possible to keep skin walkers rare in customs if they're regulated. Let a colorist do only one or two a year (waiting six months or so in between) like it was said before. adding just a few more a year isn't going to make them that common.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 pm
Beejoux
I agree there should be more chances for -everyone- to get purewalkers. Perhaps not customs, but more ways to win them in events that don't require an a** load of gold. Rp contests, for one.

This.

JadeEye
I am very afraid to see what would happen if purewalkers were available for customs/bribes. Events with premades? Or concept contests? Sure. Allowing people to pay out the nose to have Princess Fluffycheeks made into a purewalker? No thanks.

And this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:15 pm
Kamiki

Everyone should have the OPPORTUNITY to try for one every now and then without a special "in"

This. The end. heart

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:15 pm
btw Staff are not allowed Pure Skinwalkers whenever we please. we are only allowed one every 6 months and it takes ALOT of credit saving to get.

but i have to agree that it would be nice if they were given out more often. cause really they are waaaaaaaaaaaay to rare and hard to get. i think there are ways to keep them rare and still give them out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 pm
But you just said earlier that events were out of hand. Nobody is saying OMG GIVE AWAY PUREWALKERS I sense a very defensive vibe because you own one and it will lose its value and exclusivity.

I will agree with you though, and this has BOTHERED THE ******** OUT OF ME FOR A LONG TIME, that people are ******** up the breed by being ooc with them. It is sad and annoying when people rp their purewalker/regular walker even and give him a gary stue secretly a softie inside attitude. Walkers OF PURE OR CURSED regardless are supposed to be psychotic and evil. Like.. the confusion of gender role is not supposed to be their thing haha  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:17 pm
samus x
btw Staff are not allowed Pure Skinwalkers whenever we please. we are only allowed one every 6 months and it takes ALOT of credit saving to get.

but i have to agree that it would be nice if they were given out more often. cause really they are waaaaaaaaaaaay to rare and hard to get. i think there are ways to keep them rare and still give them out.

^ This  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:17 pm
Jynk
CheshireKttty
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.

You ever cruise the customs and see a soq someone wants made and go "what the? why? why would you make a horse like that?" Come on, you know you've seen at least one that made you have that reaction. Well, how about people doing wildly out of character things with Soqs? Or having cosplays that probably should not be made into horses? Now... imagine that but with purewalkers.

Custom purewalkers = too easy to be ooc with them.

And maybe the issue here shouldn't be so much of "more pures for everyone!" (sounds like a campaign slogan), but more pures given out in events and more events per year.

I can understand that smile but they should have regulations on them. Obviously 'princess fluffy cheeks' would not be allowed. Perhaps the forms should be approved before actually being customed. And YES There may be soquili i don't like, but i'm sure they're very dear to those who did custom them and they may have different tastes than you. I don't like to judge, it's not my place.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:18 pm
CheshireKttty
@Jynk: Supply and demand actually DO work in the BC. Because there is soooo much demand for soquili's and so few in supply they automatically are worth more. Hence why the auctions can go for crazy amounts (not JUST because of the edits) So I'd have to disagree with you. And it's still possible to keep skin walkers rare in customs if they're regulated. Let a colorist do only one or two a year (waiting six months or so in between) like it was said before. adding just a few more a year isn't going to make them that common.

I'm not exactly stressing the explosion part in customs... more the issue there that it would be too easy for someone to get a custom pure and go absolutely ooc with it. It is a potential disaster waiting to happen.

JadeEye said it best... more premades in events and available in other ways besides auctions... and having more events per year will bring the population up well enough without a potential out of control issue either in population or the breed becoming what it is not.  
JadeEye
I am very afraid to see what would happen if purewalkers were available for customs/bribes. Events with premades? Or concept contests? Sure. Allowing people to pay out the nose to have Princess Fluffycheeks made into a purewalker? No thanks,

Why, yes, this WOULD suck... -.-

I still think I can see the merit in wanting to develop a character and a design instead of having a premade.

I still PERSONALLY think they should be allowed in very limited amounts in customs, just because I'm old fashioned and I like the idea of "You work hard, you save, you eventually get what you want."

But I can concede the need for quality control.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

StarieMichie

Unicorn

@Samus: I do not mean to be rude with this, so please don't take it that was, but being able to get one every six months is a lot more than anyone else has a chance to get one.

@In General: I just want to see more RP contests for pures. The mention of concept contests is really cool also.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm
I have a question- you have to get a purewalker from scratch right? You cant curse an already owned soq and then it become a purewalker, is that correct? (only a cursed)  

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 pm
King Inversitle
I have a question- you have to get a purewalker from scratch right? You cant curse an already owned soq and then it become a purewalker, is that correct? (only a cursed)

Right. Purewalkers have always BEEN purewalkers, like a demon. Never a regular Soquili.  
*laughs at Jynk's post* Really? Supply and demand isn't the same? Then why is this forum here? We asked for it and it was supplied. I don't know what world you live in, but that's sounds the same to me. *shrugs*

My last line was saying that I agreed and giving an example. I didn't point out anyone in particular. YOU were the one that assumed on my meaning.

ANYWAY, I still think there should be more availability. However, I think there should be strict rules and they shouldn't be available through every custom. For the rules, I was thinking that if you wanted to custom one, you have to have the entire staff approve it.

King: Yes as far as I know that's how it works.  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Jynk
CheshireKttty
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.

You ever cruise the customs and see a soq someone wants made and go "what the? why? why would you make a horse like that?" Come on, you know you've seen at least one that made you have that reaction. Well, how about people doing wildly out of character things with Soqs? Or having cosplays that probably should not be made into horses? Now... imagine that but with purewalkers.

Custom purewalkers = too easy to be ooc with them.

And maybe the issue here shouldn't be so much of "more pures for everyone!" (sounds like a campaign slogan), but more pures given out in events and more events per year.

By this theory, IRL or Staff Credits should not be allowed either as they're allowed to create them how they want. Doesn't matter if it's rare or not, people are STILL creating them.

They need to be regulated not be refused outright.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff