Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:32 am
Count Drago shook his head, "Oh no, this is not my ship, I am but an honored guest for its first flight. Welcome." He fumbled around a little bit until one of the hobos sent him in the right direction, then he held out his hand and ask, "The others are with you I assume?" A hobo answered for him, "No Boss, he's alone." Drago looked at this Hur'orc guy and said, "Well we can either camp here and wait, or we can go out and look for 'em. Or you can go on your own and look for 'em an' I'll wait here. Not to many dotes around these parts that wear armor, so most of 'em should be easy to spot. I'm sure you also notice this town is primarily humans and half bloods, so maybe another orc or an elf may be a hint."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:40 am
He looked about, shrugged "I suppose I'll hit up Gabe then. Can you or your help point me towards Gabe? Finding people who look fresh off the boat should be easy enough. I think I missed a few basic things too... Not that I think I'd be too pressured to find rope with rigging like that... Gabe should be a pleasant short cut, do you know what Gabe's usual tracking fee is?" He was still keeping an weather eye about the crowds while he was talking. The sooner he got the rest of the crew the sooner he wasn't alone.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
He looked about, shrugged "I suppose I'll hit up Gabe then. Can you or your help point me towards Gabe? Finding people who look fresh off the boat should be easy enough. I think I missed a few basic things too... Not that I think I'd be too pressured to find rope with rigging like that... Gabe should be a pleasant short cut, do you know what Gabe's usual tracking fee is?" He was still keeping an weather eye about the crowds while he was talking. The sooner he got the rest of the crew the sooner he wasn't alone.

The gnome smiled, "You must be a tourist here in Prosper. Gabriel is the Emperor over everything you see here, he is no mere tracker, and I doubt he ever was. He is merely a hand for the Gods to work with, a puppet if you will, and he acts out their divine ideas on how to better mankind. That is why we have managed to hold up well for ourselves even when the rest of the world declines into poverty. We have the hand of the Gods on our side. The ancient Gods too, none of those hoity toity new Gods. Bleck." He looked in the direction of the Orc. "Maybe its best we both stay here, a giant like you is sure to attract a lot of attention to himself." He turned around, "Can three or four of you gents go find the rest of my body guards? I can't keep the voyage waiting for to much longer."  
Laelless rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am
Taelka frowned at the crowed, too many of them looking innocent. He decided to continue looking around, moving around the town, trying to pick out a rogue-like character in the crowd. If this keeps up, I might just have to go to a dirtier bar... ick.

(( BIG BUCKS NO WHAMMIES! ))  

Laelless

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm
Laelless
Taelka frowned at the crowed, too many of them looking innocent. He decided to continue looking around, moving around the town, trying to pick out a rogue-like character in the crowd. If this keeps up, I might just have to go to a dirtier bar... ick.

(( BIG BUCKS NO WHAMMIES! ))

You see a flying machine miniature on the street made of garbage, oh wait, that was just a pile of garbage.

((I have a sick sense of DM humor.))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:19 pm
Lad meanders the market, looking for someone matching the description he'd been given and asking around to see if anyone can give him more current information. Without really consiously thinking about it, he tends to ask women first, as his pretty face and charming manner tend to get better responses from them. But he keeps his eyes peeled, trying to make sure that nothing untoward is going on....this isn't a very nice market, and he doesn't want his pocket picked.

{+12 Diplomacy, +2 Perception}

{Picked the market because you italicized it, so I figured it was more important. wink }  

jennibert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
Hur' Oc paused, taking the statement and it's implications in. He then played the fool that everyone was so eager to believe "Ah, yes. I think we had some like those too in the under dark. It's actually how I got this scar, rite of passage that didn't go well..." He sighs heavily before continuing "Still I'd be happy to keep you and your friend company. Would you like some jerky?" Speaking directly to the dragon. He knew that they were intelligent, and prideful. To a fault, playing to it's ego would be simple "His scales are coming in nicely, have you been helping him groom or have you" He looks to the dragon before continuing, "been taking care of that." Taking his backpack off he searches through rummaging about for some jerky in his rations for the dragon to get into.  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
{And I should probably actually make those dice rolls, huh?}

{The 20 Diplo probably got me somewhere...the 9 Perc probably didn't. razz }  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:05 pm
{Definitely my bad... I'm so used to inns having a restaurant or other amenities for residents that I assumed that even if the inn had a bar in the basement, it still had a place for people to eat in the inn proper. C'est la vie...}

User Image"Sorry to be offending you all. I will certainly be leaving you to go about your business now. Thank you again for the information. Please, keep the silver. It's the least I can do since I went and killed the mood. Heh..."

Cley moves quickly through the door, trying to extricate herself as soon as possible from a confrontation that really wouldn't be necessary. Overly concerned with the folks in the bar, she wasn't really paying much attention to her exit route. And then the demon bumped into her... She stumbled for a moment, but the demon woman's arm grabbed hers and helped her stabilize, which was certainly a very odd thing for a demon to do. "Uh... it's alright, I suppose. Why, exactly, are you looking for Count Drago? I mean... well, not to sound rude, but you're a demon. Why are you here? And, y'know, not killing people and such?"

{I'm good with it, Anatarei. Cley's not very worldly in the ways of outsiders (no Know: Planes, afterall), so she's not going to be able to tell you aren't a demon, though. Fortunately, she also isn't a "smite first, ask questions later" kind of gal.}  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm
jennibert
Lad meanders the market, looking for someone matching the description he'd been given and asking around to see if anyone can give him more current information. Without really consiously thinking about it, he tends to ask women first, as his pretty face and charming manner tend to get better responses from them. But he keeps his eyes peeled, trying to make sure that nothing untoward is going on....this isn't a very nice market, and he doesn't want his pocket picked.

{+12 Diplomacy, +2 Perception}

{Picked the market because you italicized it, so I figured it was more important. wink }

Many strange things go on in the market unbeknownst to you, but while speaking to the numerous vendors they all tell you that there is a place where the product can be bought. They all seem to be rather shady. You did learn however that Count Marcus Draco, or Boss Drago, is at the docks with a large number of associates at the current time.

(Make another Perception or two.)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 pm
Justice takes a last look around the market, idly noticing the half-elf who's asking around and the druid nursing some rat bites, but she doesn't speak to them. She begins to head for the flying machine, making her way through the streets.

{Justice has been in the market for a while--should I have been making perception checks as well? Or was that covered by the checks I made earlier?}

{Apologies if anyone else besides Lad and Ziya are in the market...I didn't intentionally omit you. smile }  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm
"Someone's clearly been mistreating the rats here," Ziya mused to himself as he stumbled out of an ally dodging the blighters. "Not that I'd expect much better behavior from them, of course... They are just vermin, after all." He straightened up, dusted himself off, and looked around. Several bystanders were staring at him openly, as if they'd never seen someone talking to animals before or getting into a minor scuffle with some rats. How odd.

Trying to make himself a little less of an object of interest, he hummed a little tune that he remembered from his homeland and started looking at the wares of the merchants in the area. He had an affection for handicrafts, so he wasn't above a little shopping. Maybe he should ask the people about his employer, while he was at it. Or maybe he should look for that air machine. The smell from a nearby stall caught his nose, and he sidled over to it to investigate. Some sort of roasted meat on a stick was being sold, so he bought a small amount of it by way of politeness. "I'm looking..." he said around bites of the poorly seasoned food, "for a flying machine. I was hired by a Count Drago to participate in its first launch. Do you know how I might find it or the Count?"  

Emerald the Crow

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:04 pm
Mastur Sage

Many strange things go on in the market unbeknownst to you, but while speaking to the numerous vendors they all tell you that there is a place where the product can be bought. They all seem to be rather shady. You did learn however that Count Marcus Draco, or Boss Drago, is at the docks with a large number of associates at the current time.

(Make another Perception or two.)

Product? What product? I wasn't looking for any product... Lad smiles and nods and tries to look like he knows what they're talking about.

Lad wanders for another minute or so, asking a few more people for information just to be sure he hasn't missed anything, and is drawn to the smell of food. He too buys some of the mystery meat on a stick, and only barely manages to avoid wrinkling his perfect nose as he tastes it (expressing such distaste would be rude after all). He grabs the excuse to not eat any more as he hears Ziya's question.

"You're looking for Count Drago? So am I. I've heard he's down at the docks, though I'm still a little fuzzy on how one gets there from here." He grins a little sheepishly. "Perhaps we could assist each other in finding our employer?" Lad discreetly feeds his meat to a cat hiding under the vendor's table.  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 20 Total: 28 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm
{So I meant to make those Perception checks, with Lad's whopping +2}

{Hey, a natural 20! Maybe that'll get me somewhere.}  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:22 pm
User ImageDemon, huh? Well, that's not exactly the best foot to get off on... Tehila stared blankly at the armored woman for a moment before just starting to laugh. "Oh, gods, that is just great! 'Why aren't you killing people and such?' I mean... it's just so polite and all. I just... wow. There is a story there, I can tell you that. But I'm really more of a singer than a storyteller, so it's not much good to me right now. Heh. Oh, sorry. I'm not a demon, honey. Just a woman cursed with a tad bit of fiendish blood in me. The term's 'tiefling,' though I'm okay with demon, I guess. Just so long as you don't whip that big sword out and go crazy or something." She reaches out a hand in a gesture of good will (equivalent to a handshake - whatever is appropriate in this society). "The name's Tehila, and I won't bore you with the sobriquet. Sorry again about bumping into you before. I'm looking for Count Drago to actually start my body guarding job, though to tell you the truth I'm really more along for the chance to ride on a flying machine."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff