Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:38 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Like i said, i am new to this. It's alright to point out if i am doing something wrong.
Well, I mean, I'm not gonna immediately point to something and go "Dude, that isn't chill." But Dragon tends to add a whole lot more options of every race, and most/many of them are for the sake of re-balancing out a character or building a class in a different way, not necessarily more effective. The second or third issue of Dragon that was published online, for example, adds in some new feats and powers for Star-pact Warlocks, because the build was seen as lacking explanation/flavor in the PHB and was lacking a lot of direction insofar as what they were good at. Your character builder has all the new feats and powers from every Dragon mag in there anyways, though you can also set it to turn them off when making characters.

I don't mean to rag on you. sweatdrop I've just been playing 4E for a while, and I also ramble like hell. If I overstep my bounds, tell me so and I'll gladly keep my trap shut.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 pm
Understood and i know what you mean. Just trying to keep this to the books as much as possible and necessary.

Any luck with character building?  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:55 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Understood and i know what you mean. Just trying to keep this to the books as much as possible and necessary.

Any luck with character building?
Mm, some. If I had a decent spread with the rolls I was gonna go for a Resourceful Warlord; usually a sub-par build at best, because you require a nice high Strength to hit, a good Cha to heal, a good Int to have a nice, high AC, and at least a decent-ish, not-so-wholly-useless Con in order to back it all up and not die every other time you go into melee. That said, I won't really be able to pull it off with regular point-buy, so I'm currently looking over all of my classes and seeing what I'd like to pick. I've got an interesting idea for a Dragonborn Fighter who doesn't actually use weapons, and the build for it is readily available, but we'll see what I do with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:10 pm
Psychofish, I had some fun with your stats and what I ended up with was a dwarf shielding cleric  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm
CrazySopher
Dragonborn Fighter who doesn't actually use weapons,
INTERESTING. i like the idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm
Sweet, mind if I join?
Dibs on conjurer wizard.  

5Crispy

5Crispy rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 1, 1, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1 Total: 84 (20-120)

5Crispy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:55 pm
Stat rolls 1-5
6, 5, 5, 3 = 16
3, 3, 4, 5 = 12
4, 6, 5, 6 = 17
1, 1, 6, 5 = 12
5, 5, 5, 1 = 15
4, 3, 3, 6 = 13
2, 4, 5, 1 = 11
2, 1, 3, 5 = 10
3, 1, 5, 4 = 12

Final stats: 17, 16, 15, 13, 12, 12  
5Crispy rolled 16 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 5, 4 Total: 52 (16-96)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 pm
Rolls 5-9  

5Crispy

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:32 pm
holy crap ... i prefer the more average high rolls for this kind of thing. Let me do a test build of your conjurer.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:40 pm
Yipe ...

Only 62 hp for a wizard, but pretty decent base armor (19) - not to mention in many cases of this campaign, gaining low-light or dim-light vision from the dragonborn would be a good idea ...

just my opinion. Night will play a factor in chapter 1.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
CrazySopher
Dragonborn Fighter who doesn't actually use weapons,
INTERESTING. i like the idea.

Oooh yeah. List of potential character concepts I'm thinking about for this campaign:

Dragonborn Fighter: Former gladiatorial slave, fought his way to freedom. Doesn't actually like to use weaponry... instead, if he can prefer it, he likes to use nothing more than his bare, brawny fists (though I think in this case, spiked gauntlets wouldn't really hurt all too much). Goes by the name "Rhavash the Flaming Cannonball", mainly because he likes to charge into battle, lighting everything on fire, roaring, and potentially barreling into an enemy and out of control, pinning him by the throat with one hand while his other clenches into a fist and... well, you get it.

Tiefling Rogue: Not a trap-master, an assassin, or anything of that sort, but a nobleman skill-monkey armed with dry-quips, a knowledge of history, over-patronization of "lesser" classes and a razor-sharp rapier, not to mention a belt of throwing daggers and the traditional education of the nobility; discussion, discourse, courtly fineries, and swordplay. I'll give you three guesses as to which one he's best at.

Revenant Invoker of Ioun: Skinny, youthful-yet-old-feeling religious scholar with an investment in the knowledge the Tomb would obviously hold. Built for protection and single-target damage, and would more than serve as the party's wizard. Doesn't know quite why he's alive and all that, but hopes that perhaps uncovering the numerous secrets buried within the tomb of a demi-lich might give him some insight into the matter. Also, I mean... c'mon. Acerak? Invoker of Ioun? s**t, he's practically honor-bound to recover and spread whatever information and secrets he finds in there. In fact, he is.

Half-Elf Warlock: HEYLOOOOO. Flamboyance. Not quite - I mean, he's not overtly effeminate - but anyone willing to cast magic with a dark-purple swirly great-coat, goggles, a tri-corn hat, and star-maps bursting from every pocket, not to mention a cavalier attitude towards most things dangerous and a dangerous tendency to seem not so with this whole real world deal, tend to create an amusing persona that isn't trustworthy; if not because he calls on powers so otherworldly, than because he might not notice the pit of spikes the party falls into when he's first in line in marching order. Besides, he was a Lawyer. C'mon. That said, he bounces around EVERYWHERE. The man WON'T STOP TELEPORTING. And so if you need someone to get somewhere rather quickly and safely, he might be your bet.

There are plenty, plenty more ideas that I'm not gonna fill this thread with unless asked. A few leaders I have in mind, for example. But I can play any of those and more, depending on what the party needs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm
sucks that revenants aren't legal for this super-adventure ...  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
sucks that revenants aren't legal for this super-adventure ...
....oh yeah. XD He's Human then. Easiest way to put it.  
Alzzak rolled 18 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 3, 1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 6, 4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 6, 6 Total: 78 (18-108)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm
I am just creating a character, using your rules mind you. I don't know if I would play or not. I just want to see if their is any issues I don't understand, or if I got everything down pat before I start playing a 4th edition game.

I hope you don't mind.  

Alzzak

Alzzak rolled 18 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 4, 5, 6, 1, 5, 3, 6, 5, 6, 6, 1, 6, 3, 4, 3, 6 Total: 80 (18-108)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 pm
6, 4, 3, 1.....13
6, 4, 6, 4.....16
6, 4, 4, 5.....15
5, 2, 3, 3.....11
6, 6, 5, 5.....17
4, 5, 6, 1.....15
5, 3, 6, 5.....16
6, 6, 1, 6.....18
3, 4, 3, 6.....13

18, 17, 16, 16, 15, 13