Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SR3] Shadowrun 3rd Edition Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you familiar with Shadowrun?
  Not at all! What is it?
  I've heard of it, and know a little ab it.
  I've played 3rd (or 2nd) Ed. before.
  I've played 4th Ed. before.
  I've played more than one version, chummer.
View Results

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 pm
Alright, I've got character sheets posted for the elf and the ork, so go ahead and look them over. They're in the subforum.

There's probably still some tweaking to be done, and feel free to ask questions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:46 pm
I hear you. I also see some of the backstory you have in mind for the Owlelf. He lives in the back of an abandoned barn,eh? smile  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:01 am
I'd always thought of him as a straight city type, but that sounds like it would work.

Also, just to establish some setting, I should mention that this game isn't set in Seattle. It's set in the dead center of the UCAS: Detroit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 am
*nods* What year?

Also, Etiquette is a base skill in third edition with specializations and all of that fun stuff, so a character with street etiquette should be Etiquette (Street), or Corp etiquette should be Etiquette (Corp) >< Just pointing it out.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Also, I've yet to write up my list of house rules, but the Etiquette change is one of them. Defaulting between Etiquettes is possible.

I'm admittedly a bit unorganized getting all this ready to be played online, but it'll come together eventually. House rules will be up sometime soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:32 pm
Fun times.

Ork seems very interesting. Even with his paintball knowledge.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm
I assume he uses paintball as a legal way to hone his skills during downtime.

Interesting good or interesting bad? Anything in particular?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm
How open to suggestions on change are you?

I think I have a pretty good grasp on Hooter (Like who didn't see that one coming?) Are we free to write up the backgrounds?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:24 am
Suggestions are fine, though I probably won't make changes that only serve to make the characters more powerful. I'm willing to work with you to make the characters more your own. On that note, backgrounds would be great.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:59 am
Good good. He lives kinda crappy, but he probably only does that so he's not shot. He seems to be relatively intelligent and has knowledge of corporate workings and such (especially that Knight-Errant tactics... I'm going to have to look that one up).

His real name is Yonzibit vil Farthin III. His street name, and much more commonly used named, is Mac.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 pm
Man, whoever named his grandfather was...well, they had an interesting take on names.

I envisioned him as a somewhat self-trained military type, who's done a decent amount of working directlly for various corps. I also imagined him as having ramrod-straight posture. It's up to you how you want to play him, though.

I don't know if there's anything published about Knight-Errant practices, but they do security in Detroit (it is the location of Ares World Headquarters, after all), and this ork has experience with them.

Also, I'm slowly compiling my house rules in the Rules discussion thread. Shadowrun has a nice, realism-oriented system, but it's got a lot of details, and there're definitely some cracks that could use patching. I've made a few tweaks to the characters, mainly things I missed (like the elf losing one combat pool die from armor). I'm also noticing that neither of these characters has a Fixer contact, so if it ends up just being you two we could probably scrounge up 5000Â¥ from the ork somewhere to start him with one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 pm
Or he could've given it to himself like Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Or it could be his "Or'zet" name or something like that.

As for a change request, I wonder if it's possible to trim a force point or two from somewhere and get Transform or Shapechange from MiTS?

Another solution to our fixer problem is to use Friend of a Friend rules.

It's also a good thing I got Vice. It's for fourth edition, but it has a big section on the Ancients.

As far as character names, I've got Thomas "Hooter" Daniels. I'll get what I can write up of his background to you later.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm
Yea, basically that's what I thought. Expect him to be one hell of a paintball player.

But seriously, he's going to know that caution is the best solution and that if they can do a job without having a big firefight, the better it will be for them... if they have to have the firefight... that's why he has a lot of ammo and the ability to ******** people up with lots of dakka.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm
Shapechange...ugh. I'm not sure I like that spell as it is in the book, but I'll see if I can hammer it into something less abuseable while still being useful.

Heh, dakka. I made an ork I dubbed the "More Dakka Decker", once.  

KamikaziFreak

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm
As far as I see it, you can only shapechange or transform into normal critters like foxes or bats. Also, force ratings control what can be turned into what.

In example, let's say Hooter has a Transform of 3. For his benefit, it's night and he's fighting down an average Troll Go Ganger. Hooter doesn't want to make his opponent more dangerous, so he decides to transform him into a seal. He cannot transform the troll into a rat because the difference between the rat's body and the troll's body exceed the force of the spell.

First, we determine the threshhold. This is half of the average Troll's body (4) +2 for the two points of difference between the troll and the seal. If the seal had dermal armor, that would've been added to the seal's total body and reduced the difference and made it a little easier for hooter. Anywho, we have a target number of 6. We roll five dice (three for force and two for night time) and we get two successes (one at six and the other at 11 according to the home rules)

Mr. Troll is now a seal wallowing around in a troll's clothing. Hooter rolls to avoid drain at a target number of four (force/2 rounded down; +1=2) to avoid a serious stun wound. He rolls three successes and stages it down to a moderate stun wound.

Mr. Troll in the meanwhile, is only a seal as long as Hooter keeps the spell up. Hooter can't astrally project or end astral projection, summon spirits, and the drain numbers of any other spells he cares to cast are increased.

Shapechange is slightly different as it requires a willing target and the drain is only M.

Anyrate, I've posted my thoughts. It's wholly your call, Kamikazi. *goes back to writing Hooter's background.*  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff