Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the Rest of you life: Chapter one; Betrayal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm
Thy'lis stops. "Flash fire? Cleanses forests? You think fire is so great but its not all it has use is to destroy I can survive a winter without fire. And I can survive without the sun if you need your fire then you keep it. But the only thing I need it for is to burn my enemies. Fire kills and its good for nothing more." He breaths a little getting a bit 'heated.' "And you will not speak of causing any fire in any forest. Or the next fire you know will be the one burning you. End of discussion." He said as he started up with the rest of the group.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm
Laucien rolled his eyes as Thy'lis and Vahni had their little argument.

"Personally, I think you two will make an excellent couple. Now, can we please focus on the task at hand?"

Laucien had suddenly changed his mood from joking to serious, apparently. He was wielding his spear in a ready hand, waiting to impale the first thing that wasn't a friendly.

"And I thought I was the annoying one. Rule #1 of adventuring, people: Dissent in a party risks the party."

By this, Laucien meant that if this spat between the two continued, then it could be bad later on when they were either counting on each other or their arguing gave them away.

"Let's raid this place and move on to something more original."  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:03 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
"Interesting indeed. You must teach me your language I still have yet to find studies on it. What other tongues can you thrash about in?" Words seemed a little awkward when he spoke he seemed to know talk much as it was know. But he couldn't help but question and seek out new and interesting facts.

User ImageGrinning at the question about her linguistics skills, she began rattling off her languages, in each language, of course.
"I think I'm rather adept at Elven, for what it's worth.
"Oh, and do you know Dwarven? It's a swell tongue, but a little rough.
"And don't get me started on Giant. It's such such a dumb language. No big words, but it sure is fun to swear in.
"I'm dying to learn some of the planar languages, though! I think I'm almost ready for some interplanar travel, y'know. I've got this thing worked out where I can take some folks with me into the astral, which is just so exciting. But it won't do any good not to speak the languages of the folks we'd meet in other worlds."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:06 pm
"Ahh Gnomish" Var said remenisently. "Such a detailed launguage, alot of mages will pick it up to converse it better terms on studdies and advancements as it has such subbtle destinctions. I'd be happy to teach you"

He smiles at the question, before taking a breath"Common and Gnome as is obvious. Dwarven, Goblin and Giant, I picked them up from home. Good for trading and incase anything happened. We have problems with Goblins and Giants while we Trade with Dwarfs. My master taught me Draconic, his own spell book was written in it. Elven and Sylivan I picked up in a forrest, first stop on my travels. Undercommon is self taught. Gnoll and Orc as well, much less interesting than Undercommon though. Celestial and Abyssal are my newest launguages. I payed a nice sum to learn them. Very interesting launguages all the same"

He smiled simply after this, happy someone had taken an intrest.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 pm
Thy'lis' examination of the blood told him that it wasn't more than 30 minutes old. And the thing it had came from had been posioned. The posion used is unknown, but it was inhaled.  
Drugged Lolli rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 20 Total: 38 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 pm
Tik clicked a few irritated phrases in 'Kreen about overly talkative gnomes, and scanned the area.

((Spot 28, Listen 30))

Drugged Lolli

Jacior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm
"Guys, and ladies," E says pointing towards the guard tower, "I saw a small human-thing with a crossbow up there, it could be, like a kobold or something. Also there was a shadow in the second story window of that tavern. Speaking of that tavern, who do you think named it? I mean, 'The Foaming Chicken'? I would not have that as my first choice, that's for sure."
Listening to the gnome rattling off her various language skills, E chuckled, "I speak a bit of Elven myself. And I could match the average dwarf pretty easy, but what was that last language? Goblin? Giant? I don't think it was gnoll, but I could be wrong."
Looking increduously at Var, "You speak sylvan? I love hearing sylvan, even if I don't understand it. Don't ask why," He says, getting defensive. Then he adds softly, "I love the sound of the language." He looks off wistfully into the distance, ignoring the clicking bug-creature.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 pm
Rolling the sunrod between her fingers, Isaz idly keeps an eye on the Foaming Chicken someone noticed a figure in the building, "Fire is a rather pathetic element. Warm and passion will cloud judgment, leading even the greatest to ruin. For me, ice reigns supreme. Only those will with the coolest head and the coldest heart will conquer any challange. For instance, the figure in the tavern, they could either be friend or foe. But to enter a building that we know nothing about is almost no different than sticking your hand into a bear trap." Tapping her leg rhythmically, whisps of steam slowly rise as she contemplates on which spell to use.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

gamingguru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
The silent man turned to look at the mention of figures in the area. The tavern was closer so it was first to be greated perhaps one of the guards still lived and had taken up shelter. He turned to the entrance of the foaming chicken and with a resolute stature began to calmly walk towards it. Though he agreed with the first half of her statment, calm must be maintained to prevail, Isaz's last words sounded more of cowardice then logic to him, we new nothing about any of these buildings and would not get far without going into them. He thought to himself, as he walked toward the tavern clearly planning to enter.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm
((The second story tavern window... how high above the ground outside is it, and what sort of window is it (size, shape, does it have glass or just shutters, open/closed, curtains, etc)?))

Drugged Lolli

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 am
Thy'lis shook his head. "All this talk of fire has made be a bit heated myself." He breathed calmly and then spoke again. "Oh the blood back on the ground couldn't have been more then thirty minutes old and I also found small traces of an inhaled poison." Thy'lis looked to the tower and then spoke low. "I don't know a lot about the planes but I know enough to say things there, usually don't need poisons. I have a feeling that either what killed the people here is different then what killed the guards or someone has come here to find things before we have. We should keep our eye open and our mouths closed."  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm
User Image"I'd rather be consumed by passion than live a frozen life of cold logic." Vanhi pulls out her grappling hook and rope, dashing over to the wall by the tavern where the window was. Throwing the rope up to catch, she begins scaling the wall to the window and the potential threat therein. After all, the enemy likely already knew they were there, so it would be best to engage them sooner rather than later.

{Use Rope to throw the Grappling Hook. +6 bonus thanks to silk rope. That's a 25, which means I can definitely get it a full 50' up if I really need to to snag the thing.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:50 pm
User Image"Aye, that last one was giant. I counted myself a decent linguist, but here's another gnome who trounces me good. I do have a little psionic trick that allows me to understand and be understood, but it's nothing like being fluent. Oh, uh... what's this? What th'heck is that fire girl doing?!" Sharty gets ready to move Scaley as fast as possible for back up, but she's not really looking forward to this...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm
Letting the fire enthusist do what she wants, Isaz heads to the front door of the tavern. Hammering it a few times with the end of her walking stick, she calls out loudly with a voice even and emotionless, "To whomever it may concern within this building. I am of neutral mind and have no initial intent of harming you. With that said, I must also ask that you extend to me the same courtesy. If there is someone within this building, make yourself known least there be a misunderstanding and unnecessary blood shed." Giving whoever it may be a few moments, Isaz will declare herself entering and slowly nudge the door open with her staff.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
gamingguru rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

gamingguru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 pm
(( people need to reread the dm's post there are no doors or windows.))
The silent man enters the front opening stomping loudly as he steped on the floor to anounce his presence and after alook around started straight for the stairs. ((Spot check + 0))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff