Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
PHB3 I got mine, and It's pretty sweet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 pm
Made an addendum to my last post. Also, moving onto Coliseum next. I started working on the Survivors team last night, and I had the map done, but I conked out before I could get the post done.

Also, Play By Post = PBP = Project Bad Pirates.

You just HAD to make acronyms difficult for me, didn't you?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 pm
Rain Yupa
Also, Play By Post = PBP = Project Bad Pirates.

You just HAD to make acronyms difficult for me, didn't you?
making life difficult for the DM: priceless.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm
As a notice to everyone, I received my PHB3 today, and it is now listed under my accepted sources for my Players.

@ Shardmind + Wilden: confused

@ Hybrid Characters: Needlessly Complicated  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:22 pm
Rain Yupa
wilden take some getting used to, but shardminds too? Those guys are so cool.

Quote:
i prefer to think of them as unfortunately complicated.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Rain Yupa
As a notice to everyone, I received my PHB3 today, and it is now listed under my accepted sources for my Players.

indeed they are (even for this player)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 am
so for those of you who don't like shardminds, this greatly amused me. especially some of the weird habits and insults. i think these bits of extra flavor that are really ingrained in races like elves and dwarves make them a bit more appealing.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 am
SporkMaster5000
so for those of you who don't like shardminds, this greatly amused me. especially some of the weird habits and insults. i think these bits of extra flavor that are really ingrained in races like elves and dwarves make them a bit more appealing.

This one received a brown gift box upon clicking reply; you may be onto something here.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:26 pm
Tactical Observation for the Seeker:

Elemental Spirits (at-will power) does 1[W] + Wis elemental damage of a chosen type. Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the target takes damage equal to your Dex mod.

... so, would hitting an ally who, say, has Fire Resist with a fire shot, then having the second half of the power kill off any surrounding minions be a useful tactic?

Hmmmm...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Rain Yupa
Tactical Observation for the Seeker:

Elemental Spirits (at-will power) does 1[W] + Wis elemental damage of a chosen type. Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the target takes damage equal to your Dex mod.

... so, would hitting an ally who, say, has Fire Resist with a fire shot, then having the second half of the power kill off any surrounding minions be a useful tactic?

Hmmmm...
only so long as you rolled low enough as not to overtake their resistance.

I actually wanted to make a tiefling blaster wizard shortly after the core books came out that dropped scorching burst and fireballs centered on himself just for shits and giggles.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 pm
SporkMaster5000
also, wilden, apparently. I like some of these, especially the threats. I kinda want to play a wilden druid or shaman that just makes up s**t like that, and never explains it.

ooh, just thought of one that'd be good for a wilden wizard/sorcerer with a fire fetish: "We see you as the volcano sees the foothills." (I will rain fire down upon you!)  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:48 am
Are Wildens the rising sun? We now see them as the vole sees the first grain after a long winter. A child is not born to work before he can walk. We see speaking such as the Cat sees twine, as Dogs see sticks. When the wind breaks a Spider's web, the Spider repeats his previous work. There were no buildings before man, and time is a slave to no man.

Translation:
Hahaha!
I think I like Wildens after reading this. I'm quite excited about this race now. I'd quite like to play one. Speaking like this is so fun. It will annoy ALL other players, but I'd still do it. I'm going to go work on one now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:37 pm
I was just trying to poke around for what I'd use to make a barbarian with amazing checks on athletics, and acrobatics and endurance too if I could help it. Just spend all my feats on specializing him to be a super athlete. I was especially getting excited since I noticed that there's a paragon feat to let you roll twice for all athletics and acrobatics checks, which would mean it wouldn't be necessary for him to be a goliath.

I was worrying about the poorer defenses from wearing leather armor, and how I'd handle doing that stuff in combat, when holding weapon(s) might prevent him from climbing or stuff. Which reminded me that monks, who wouldn't have that issue, have movement abilities in their powers.

...I'm still debating making him a barbarian though just because... the monk would make it SO easy to make a super athlete that it almost feels like it would be cheating.

Maybe I'd decide when I find a game, but opinions? Is monk too much easy-mode?  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:51 pm
Monks, I am finding, have a poor to-hit bonus. Most of their attacks are against Fort or Reflex, so it kinda cancels out, but you still get pissed when you have a +4 to hit and roll a 3. mad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:10 pm
Well, I'm not worrying about combat more than just "I don't want him to be so crippled his party hates him when the fight starts" which... well, 4e makes it incredibly easy to avoid being a liability.

Just want a character who can go ANYWHERE. The teleport of fly abilities seem really neat for that, but I was mostly focusing on just keeping him with a massive bonus to athletics primarily. Because with a 18+ in strength, no armor check penalty, training, rolling twice on all checks, and stuff like climbing your speed instead of half or jumping as if you have a running start from full...

Then again, I guess it wouldn't hurt as a mid combat thing either. Just find ways to scale environment and go clear around the frontline and say "hi" to the squishies.

And you can always basic attack for that +3 proficiency bonus. Not that a BA compares to an at-will power, but it's there. But yeah, I know what you mean. Non-weapon attacks are tricky. You can even it out by hitting lower defenses, but if their defenses are nearly as high as your AC you can easily wind up eating a -3 on your bonus to go after a defense that's only 1 lower without realizing it.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm
Psychofish
...I'm still debating making him a barbarian though just because... the monk would make it SO easy to make a super athlete that it almost feels like it would be cheating.
could be fun to have a party with both. The monk is this super-acrobatic guy who jumps over the front lines with a flip and style, while the barbarian's just kinda like the hulk, taking a standing start to hurtle over everyone's head.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff