Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dragon Age Game: Recruitment 6/6 FULL! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 pm
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35402
Grodan, Human Bravura Warlord

Here's my rough draft background. Anyone else from Redcliffe?

Grodan was a recruit in the service of Arl Eamon of Redcliffe. When Soveliss saved the Arl's life, Grodan was inspired to become a brave hero just like him. Years later he eagerly jumped at the chance to join the Gray Wardens, ready to prove himself in the battle for justice.

@IL, first level creation isn't so different, but the distinction really becomes apparent when creating characters at higher level. Of course, the more resources you pick options from, the longer your choices might take.

Rogues are dexterity sneaky types by definition, so it won't be difficult to just be that.

There is no detailed description of the tents in the equipment table, so no assumption can be made about its capacity beyond 1 person.

Weapon Proficiency grants you the proficiency bonus of the weapon to your attack powers with the weapon keyword. Most weapons grant a +2 prof bonus, but straight blades like longswords and daggers grant +3.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 pm
Sooo... I add that to my total attack bonus on the weapon then?

Or just when using at will powers and such?

Also, what does the 2 W and such mean on the powers? lol

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35403

My Sheet

Can I be quoted as saying "Maker's Breath!"

Anywho.. I think that I got it all down, just gotta pick my feats.

Then understand the system a bit more, like the questions I just asked.

Feats selected.

I'll just keep a few bolts in my hand if need be or strapped to my wrist or something so that I won't have to use quick draw. >.>  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm
Yes, it adds to your total attack bonus. [w] indicates how many weapon dice you use with a power. 2[w] mean you do double weapon dice.

You'll have two feats as a level 1 human. As a rogue you automatically are trained in Stealth and Thievery  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:49 am
If I'm automatically trained in stealth and thievery, how come it adds those two skills to the four skills that I can choose to train?

I know that I'd have two, I used my one talent or feature or whatever to get Far Shot

Far Shot is from my Sharpshooter. It's like from Martial Path 2 or whatever the hell it is.

Replaces my Weapon Talent or whatever.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 am
The list of skills to train in is the full list of class skills. Rogues just get auto-trained in Stealth and Thievery, just like Wizards automatically get Arcana and Clerics auto-train in Religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:34 am
Insanity, since we're making level one characters, I would highly suggest downloading the Character Creator from the DnD website. It goes over everything with you, and makes the process really easy and enjoyable. I'm not sure if it'll have the most recent updates on it without a subscription, but it's definitely worth a look.

Anyway, here's Theron, the Dalish Ranger, sans background and stuff. I'm gonna try and make him dislike Humans, but what with so many of them in the party so far... confused

EDIT: And I suppose I should say this: I haven't beaten Dragon Age yet, but I'm trying to quickly before we start. That doesn't mean that I'm going to be cutting anything out on the playthrough, it just means I'll focus on that and only that, instead of the other four games I bought a few days ago. sweatdrop  

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 am
Wow this thread has exploded since last time I checked razz I think we have seven people now so I'm going to stop recruiting before it gets too much for little old me to handle sweatdrop

O.K. I'm going to answer some questions -

Rhaegar - I was thinking about Assassins, but I think the whole shadow source doesn't fit with DA:O, since their isn't a Shadowfell, and I don't think the fade fits that very well. Also, I'm thinking for a lot of the specializations, Paragon Path's can cover that, because one of my IRL PC's made a level 14 Rogue, and he was so much like an assassin it was unreal, he was didn't use shadow. Also with the Barbarian, I decided against it because warriors in DA:O are very 'martial' whereas barbarians seem too primal... Again, a fighter with a berserk-type Paragon Path could do the Beserker/Reaver thing well. When/If we get to level 11 ^^

I'm going to leave the swordmage thing as it is I think, since the class gets ridiculous AC anyway, (well it seems to for me) and having them wearing Plate Armour seems odd. I was thinking about using Goliath's but not for Golems, for Qunari, but decided to just leave the three main races as playable. Also Golems would cause too much of a problem because they would have to have DR etc. and it would take too much effort to fit the crystals in.

@Wolfram - Yes, everything that is on the CB is allowed.

@Arc - Languages aren't important in DA:O really, because pretty much everyone only speaks 'Common' or whatever, but there is elvish and dwarven, but they're only really spoken by those races. So you can just have common, or if you want you can think of a reason as to why you know the other languages. Also thanks for answering some of the 4th ed questions ^^

@Everyone - I'm going to a gig soon but will get back on tomorrow night and do the audits of the characters and stuff smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:56 am
Aw, everyone loves Grodan, he's balls-out awesome  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:59 am
Hey Arc, I could be from Redcliffe. We could have both fought beside the warden as militia in the zombie siege or some such. Fighting the blight really brings folks together. Human brawler fighter, uses a longsword and has one of those big gauntlets everyone seems to wear on his other hand (spiked gauntlet)

Edrick. An older man, early 30's, he worked as a fisherman and served in the Redcliffe militia. His wife and daughter worked at Redcliffe castle, they were slain by a demon, and became the living dead. The Warden saved the town, but he couldn't save everyone. Edrick swore to keep others from feeling his loss and joined the group that went to the battle against the archdemon. He never got anywhere near the front lines of the fight, but many darkspawn fell that day, along with many brave warriors. Half dead and exhausted, he spent the weeks afterwards in a chantry infirmary. He went back to Redcliffe to try and pick up the pieces but it was hard.

When the Warden came back later looking for recruits he was quick to give up his nets and lonely house. Grizzled, and suncorched, he had nothing to lose and everything to give to Ferelden.

What sources are you allowing? I'll have a sheet up later.

@Arc- Grodan can't help he's so awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 am
Grodan lost his parents and older sister to a fire when he was not yet a young man. Orphaned, he spent his youth picking fights and scratching out a meager living for food. He was nearly ready to form a gang of youths and turn to crime when he was taken in by a kind Chantry priestess by the name of Berwa. She fed and clothed him and soothed his turbulent heart and ultimately led him to funnel his frustrations into the Arl's militia.

It was here he met Edrick, and the two became close friends. Edrick taught him the patience of a fisherman and how to work in a unit, which Grodan took to easily. Grodan considered the older man his sometimes brother, sometimes father-figure.

When the Blight came Grodan fought valiantly alongside Edrick and was heartbroken when he discovered the loss of not only Edrick's family but of Berwa as well. When Edrick left afterward to join the Gray Wardens, Grodan stayed behind to help rebuild Redcliffe and he was overjoyed to see his friend return.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 am
Why would I need to download anything. I'm done my character, at least I should be.

I just fixed the skills.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:37 pm
please check this over and tell me how it is: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35429  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 pm
and i'd have joined to with a Midnight Student-style Fighter. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm
@Insanity Logic- You should have 24 hit points, a bloodied value of 12 and a healing surge value of 6. You add you whole constitution score, not you modifier. Your armor class should be 14 and your reflex should be 15, it's not adding in your dexterity modifier.

Your hand crossbow should be +5 to hit and 1d6+3 damage. Sharpshooter adds to hit, weapon focus adds to damage. (the feat weapon expertise adds plus 1 to hit if you want it)

For your first 4th ed character you're doing mighty fine! Everyone does the con thing with hit points and I think that the tangled web character sheet caused the ac/reflex errors. I just noticed you're Erik and I'm Edrick, so I'll instead be Hedrik to avoid confusion.

@Mt the Clown- You should have 22 hit points, bloodied 11, surge value 5, and your reflex should be 15, other than that looks fine! I think again, the tangled web sheet is to blame for reflex.

Hedrick (Human Brawler Fighter) is posted. What do you think?  

SlimeGuru

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 pm
I heard about the new fighter build, but didn't really think much of it until I read Hendrick's sheet. That sounds AWESOME! XD

Theron is still kind of a blank slate for me right now. I imagine he probably fought with the other Dalish against the dark spawn, but I can't think of much before that... confused  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff