Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e game idea] Heavy RP, low combat game(1 slot available) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:47 pm
Guru! Sure man, get tossing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 pm
Ok have the character done, just needs a backstory.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=184723  

Durgress

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm
hooray, another ranger....this one not be a family member tho...

it also apears you added your con mod and not your con score to your HP  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 am
I just got martial power 2 so I hope it's ok to use, otherwise it's back to the drawing board sweatdrop

I'm using the following options: Canny Leader (replaces combat leader: you and allies within 10 get +2 insight and perception), Archer Warlord (lose chain mail and shield proficiency, gain military ranged weapons proficiency and use strength for ranged basic attacks with bows), and Skirmishing Presence (replace standard warlord presence choices, allies may shift my intelligence modifier squares before or after the attack when they spend an action point) All ranged warlord powers use strength and have mostly int or wisdom kickers.

I'm finalizing the character sheet, but my idea is to be the reluctant heir of the family estate. His attitude will be slightly different depending on whether someone is going to play the current house head or if the house head is a bed ridden npc or something.

---
He was sent to boarding school in Harkenwold to the southeast to learn how to be a proper noble several years ago. He spent most of his time there in the library or hunting with baron Stockmer's sons. He was never the greatest tracker himself, but had a knack for leading their expeditions to great success.

Never the quickest shot, he used the keen mind his grandpa gave him to shoot where the target would be instead of where they were. That voracious appetite for knowledge would see him spending time all over the barony and at times getting into places and things he shouldn't. When asked, he'll admit to "dabbling" in things here and there.

He hoped those glory days would never end. When the news of the family estate falling into disarray reached him, he solemnly said his farewells and reluctantly returned to a home that wasn't as he remembered. The faces were the same, but the servants seemed haggard, old beyond their years.

He doesn't wan't to take responsibility, but then again, he never liked Baron Kamroth.  

SlimeGuru

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 am
I'll allow that stuff, it seems to support your concept nicely.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:52 am
Ok, got everything written down. If you find anything too specific/unsuitable it's all open to change however you like. biggrin My character lacks a name so far because I was waiting to see what the family surname would be.
Reluctant Heir  

SlimeGuru

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 am
@Slime Guru - By 'Grandpa' do you mean my character? Coz I am Grandpa and since you are the heir to the family estate, I assume that means you are the son of the current head of the family, who is my son... yeah?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:33 am
NayrVentess
@Slime Guru - By 'Grandpa' do you mean my character? Coz I am Grandpa and since you are the heir to the family estate, I assume that means you are the son of the current head of the family, who is my son... yeah?

You are correct! I also cannot believe how much Katherine has grown since I've seen her and how much more (good natured) trouble Hammond seems to get into. Ward, well, you're been part of the estate since there was an estate and Del doesn't age like we do so it's nice that some things haven't changed after all.  

SlimeGuru

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 am
Heh, sorry for the intrusion, but I can't stop myself:

Your party consists of one leader, one defender, one controller, and three strikers. Odd choices for a combat-light campaign. xd

I was thinking of joining in, but I'll give it to Rain. Since I got my 360 a week ago I've been... infrequent on updating. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:15 am
Only two more persons and we can start this razz  

Cunning Witch Angus

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am
Still need the head of the house, and maybe his wife?

Loving the background SlimeGuru! I might do mine in a bit that incorporates yours a little. We still need a family name. =/ I'm not fussy, so someone else can choose. =)

@Durgress: Any ideas for how Del is involved in the house yet?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am
Arc Vembris
Reeve, if you make a subforum, you you title it "The Bonds of Family"?

Subforum.

I was just about to send you a PM about what you'd like it called, glad I browsed through the thread real quick first. xD.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm
The other thing to think about is that one of you will be holding the Glove of Holding, as described in AV.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:05 pm
I vote than Grandpa found/has it. He's the only one who can detect magic in any way (trained only use of arcana). Also it seems appropriate for the crazy old mage to just show up with a baby he "found in a glove" biggrin  

SlimeGuru

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:11 pm
And family needs a name. Throw some out folks!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff