Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Xmas '09 Contest] -- Race to the North -- Pick Your Prizes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:46 pm
Actually, that sounds like a fun character. A duel weilding drow ranger driven into madness by everyone calling him drizzt. Now he kills everyone he sees screaming "I'M NOT DRIZZT!!!!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:25 pm
Shingami Hiroshi
My gods, I can't believe whats going on here. The halfling rogue isn't labeled a Lidda copy and the dwarven fighter isn't labeled a Tordek wanabe, but the moment a dark elf picks up two sowrds, bam, they are called Drizzzt. You know the diffrence? the color of their skin -_-...RACISTS!!! DX jk
I'm not even a full dark elf! Unlike Rain with his full blooded dwarven fighter aka "Bruenor Battlehammer".  

Oshi the Killer

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 pm
Oshi the Killer
Shingami Hiroshi
My gods, I can't believe whats going on here. The halfling rogue isn't labeled a Lidda copy and the dwarven fighter isn't labeled a Tordek wanabe, but the moment a dark elf picks up two sowrds, bam, they are called Drizzzt. You know the diffrence? the color of their skin -_-...RACISTS!!! DX jk
I'm not even a full dark elf! Unlike Rain with his full blooded dwarven fighter aka "Bruenor Battlehammer".

I think we should end this conversation xp

But yeah unfortunately, any drow ranger (or part drow) is going to draw comparisons to Drizzt, just because he is such an iconic character. I haven't even read any of the books, although I do play Forgotten Realms mostly. Even so, I have never encountered or even put Drizzt in any of my games, he is just so huge anyway that every knows him. And every knows he is a drow ranger...So yeah, you have to except that people will make comments 3nodding even if only for laughs and to get a reaction...like now  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 pm
I like the sound of it XD With that you could argume a chaotic nuteral easier to get him into campains.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 pm
Maybe I should have stressed the the jk part...

Agreed Nayr, or else even if we win we will only get a coal crying which actually may not be so bad this time of year.

Haha, thats a good suggestion Rock. I need start making a character sheet for Drassp, the not Drizzit drow ranger.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 pm
Oh wow, this looks like awesome fun, I wish I could play but I took up a seasonal job for ten hours a day, great pay though.  

felinoel

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 am
So, do we go in this thread, or a new one that Reev hasn't made yet? ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 pm
Rain Yupa
I was wondering the same thing.  

Oshi the Killer

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:04 pm
UPDATE!!!

As some of you already know, Reeve is having to deal with far from reliable internet issues. He sent me a message to relay to you guys that...

Yes...he still plans on running the game.

Yes...the end date will be extended to make up for the days lost.

And No...he isn't sure when he'll be back, but he hopes it will be within the next few days.

He asks that you please bear with it a bit longer, and he thanks you guys for not having a mutiny or anything. I'm still here to help you however I can in his absence.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 pm
bamaotaku
he thanks you guys for not having a mutiny or anything.

Hm, a mutiny, you say... twisted

... jk ninja  

iDragow

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 pm
Half-Elf Paladin
Str 16 Dex 8 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 18  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:20 pm
User Image
Arrrgh!
Ahoy thar, mateys! All ye scallywags and buccaneers join me crew. Fer I be startin' a mutiny! I be worryin' bout 'em blaggards'n landlubbers who be aft me doubloons! Ain't be ready to lose me hard earned booty. Who be among ye be joinin' me mutiny?

(Human Bard: Str 12, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 10)

Deadusernamelol

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm
NayrVentess
iDragow
Hm, I believe I'll go with an Eleven Monk...

But your only allowed one character... HO HO HO!

+1. ;p That made me chuckle.

Bound Birdie
no druids yet huh....hmmm *is torn* it's sounds like fun... but yet I'm sooo not competitive... the trail sounds like so much fun though ...mmeeeh I'll lurk for now... actually I might not even have enough posts >.<

According to the member list, you do have enough posts last I checked. And it is just a friendly game.

joe-dude667
I was a Sorcerer, but then changed to rogue when I realised a Sorcerer with 8Cha would be the worst character in the world... sweatdrop

Maybe that should be added to the rules? IE to qualify as a wizard you need min of 15int, Sorcerer 15cha, Barb 15str, etc.

Vorastrix
despite the fact that...and i'm just guessing here, that stats don't effect class at all...? at least not in this game

That is correct - the stats do not affect anything but your bonus on the ability checks. I just wanted to keep it simple this time around.

The idea that you need a certain stat to qualify for a certain class, though, is something I hadn't considered and I do thing the idea is a good one. However, as we're already pretty far along.. I think I'll save it for future attempts.

Oshi the Killer
Rain Yupa
I was wondering the same thing.

We'll be playing in this thread as soon as I am able to get things started, however, I'm making a few changes which I will be posting in my next post. I apologize (again) for my ISP being retarded and delaying the start of the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 pm
I apologize to everyone for the stupidity of my ISP. ;_:''

I invite you all to stab them as much as you desire and call it names.

My internet has been up and stable since yesterday now, and assuming nothing comes up or my ISP doesn't kill off my internet again (*crosses fingers, knocks on wood, ect... *) we'll get this game started on the new date below. I've also extended the end date to make up for my disappearance.

I will be allowing people to sign-up until December 7th, so if you were thinking about doing so.. I suggest you do so now. You can find where that new start/end dates fall for you in the links I have provided below. As well, since we've a lot less people this time around (and thanks to a donation) - I've re-arranged how the prizes will go, which ultimately will probably work out better.

I get the feeling I am not adding something I should be.. so I am open to questions. Oh! All submitted characters have been posted on the first post, though I have yet to update it with this new information - I will do that when I can.. for now, I have some stuff I need to do so we can get started on the 7th.

[ "Rule" Changes ]

5] The contest begins Monday, December 7th at 12:00 AM EST. Sign-ups also end here. If you wish to participate, sign-up soon!
4] The contest ends Saturday, January 2nd at 12:00 AM EST.

[ Treasure Pile ]

Due to a large donation from The Jester of Equilibrium, I will be saving my own gold for a future contest. As well, I am condensing the prizes down since we have a lot less people this time around. The new treasure pile is as follows:

As we have 13 people right now... this means everyone will win at least something. If nobody else signs up, this probably won't change.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:10 pm
If you will have me:
Race: Gray Elf
Class: Wizard