Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - OOC Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:07 pm
Shame is one of those concepts that non-shapeshifting people came up with, just like beauty and honesty  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Arc Vembris
Shame is one of those concepts that non-shapeshifting people came up with, just like beauty and honesty
hey, not all of single formed beings are burdened with such things  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 am
I'm not saying it's a trait they share, just a foreign concept to certain more fluid peoples  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 am
It would be a nice advantage... claiming to have slept with him would make him lose face in front of his allies... especially if you took the form of an old man as you said it. neutral  

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:27 am
iDragow
It would be a nice advantage... claiming to have slept with him would make him lose face in front of his allies... especially if you took the form of an old man as you said it. neutral
or some kind of hag, then ask him if he's up for round two. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:58 am
Aye. But, I have a feeling Nayr would want a Bluff check to see if the henchman would see through it. Then again, Changelings are naturally gifted at Bluffing.... ninja

joe-dude667
Still cackling madly, Cain falls onto the floor and starts to roll around. People close to him would occasionally hear the word "gate" and "lord" in between loud cackles.

Well, at least the crow is having fun. blaugh  

iDragow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:06 am
SporkMaster5000
iDragow
or some kind of hag, then ask him if he's up for round two. rofl

Or I could just threaten if he doesn't open up to sell myself to any passersby while wearing milord's face. Hars is better at intimidation than bluffing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm
lolz, whatevah u do, do it b4 he esplodes an attacks...  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm
aww, but Hars is even better at attacking  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:41 pm
can he/she do it through bars?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 am
nooo crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 pm
Hey guys, just got this from our guild master:

Quote:
Nayr,

I'd just like to give you a reminder that despite the nature of your game, Gaia is a PG-13 website and as such - all games in the guild have to abide by that PG-13 limitation or else I'll be forced to shut them down (or risk the guild being shut down if someone reports it and I take no action.)

Nothing in the thread I've seen so far really makes me think its' gone past that, however, the caution comes from the way you've been advertising your game and such (If you can stomach it, etc... )

I just thought I should mention this. It feels as if it may have bene overlooked. If not, I'm out of line and for that - I apologize. However, as I always say:

Better safe than sorry.

If your game continues as-is though, I don't see there being anything wrong as - like I said - I read the thread and I've seen nothing that I consider to break the PG-13 rule.

Happy Gaming
- Reeve

I think he sent that before I posted my Lord Dregthuk bit with him swearing left right and centre, so I may get another one with a stern telling off lol, but I thought I should mention it. But atm, I'll stop swearing, or I'll at least blank it out, but the dark nature of the campaign is still O.K ^^  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm
NayrVentess
I think he sent that before I posted my Lord Dregthuk bit with him swearing left right and centre, so I may get another one with a stern telling off lol, but I thought I should mention it. But atm, I'll stop swearing, or I'll at least blank it out, but the dark nature of the campaign is still O.K ^^
actually, gaia has a pretty well established "we don't care about swearing" policy. Especially with the built in censor if a user wants to use it. i'm pretty sure the only way the campaign could get out of line is if our death-dealing exploits are explained in grim detail and/or rape and sex get involved.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:41 pm
NayrVentess
But the one who stands out most is a man with dark oily hair, standing and observing the worshippers. A small snake writhes around his neck and shoulders, and he constantly twirls a dagger in his right hand.

am i to presume this is Rithin Fyord? Or is it just some random guy that draws my eye?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm
Wikipedia on PG13 ratings.
If a film[[or in this case pbp game of DnD]] uses "one of the harsher sexually derived words" (such as ********) one to four times, it is routine today for the film to receive a PG-13 rating, provided that the word is used as an expletive and not with a sexual meaning (this was mentioned in Be Cool, when Chili Palmer complains about the movie industry.). Both Back to School and Away from Her contain four uses of "********" in non-sexual context. An example of a film that might suggest this criterion is Waiting for Guffman, which contains mostly PG-13 content, yet is rated R (brief strong language) because a man auditioning for a role uses ******** in a sexual context while quoting Raging Bull (the only time it is spoken in the movie).

Swearing is fine. People (including me) have swore all over this site, even this guild on one or two games. The mods don't really mind too much about that. Just don't try to start any explicit rape sections and you SHOULD be fine. ninja

Saying that, just don't say anything in the main thread about this game and you'll probably be fine anyway. I've seen people get away with worse on Gaia (for anyone who's ever walked into a random house in gaia towns will probably know what I'm talking about).

So to sumerise:
First rule of "The Evil of Ravenholm" is, you do not talk about "The Evil of Ravenholm".
Second rule of "The Evil of Ravenholm" is, you DO NOT talk about "The Evil of Ravenholm"!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff