Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Fool's Grove [4e] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 pm
Falling suit with the rest of the group, Taem walks through the one way wall, his gaze shifting around at the odd looking armadillo things before curiously focusing on Fawk's interaction with one. This would be interesting, he thought to himself. Very interesting indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am
As some laughed and other's followed suit, everyone was entering the grove. Well, i guess as long as we are all trapped together....." Sylvanis thought to himself. "well everyone, we might as well keep exploring". Sylvanis took lead, walking down the trail slowly and observing his environment closely to not fall for any other mischievous deeds to be full filled.

After taking a few steps, he turned his head to clearify, "and don't hurt anything unless it tries to hurt you first..." facing his head forward, "...we don't know who or what lives here and we could use the least amount of enemies we can get".

veccna

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am
"That's right, I believe it was the legendary General Saxarse who once said 'Lead me unto the deepest thicket, that I may provoke my foes while surrounded by them.'"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 am
SporkMaster5000
Fawks hears a voice echo in his head as the closest of the creatures back away from the growing group of adventurers, "Then why are you waving that big hammer around?!"
"Fawks doesn't mean to cause offense little guy. Fawks is just cautious that is all." Fawks not being much of a diplomat remains on the defensive.  

Oshi the Killer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:47 am
"I would like to make friends as well," Vanguard added to Fawks' speech, though it was questionable if he heard the armadillo as well, and even more questionable if he was even bothering to make sure he wasn't the only one before chiming in.

He'd readily stroll down to the length of path adjacent to the pond to get a closer look at the strange creatures and pillars, not even bothering to draw his weapon as the warforged sated his curiosity.

It was true enough that Vanguard was interested in making friends. The things here were fleshy, or at least these were, but some of them had be created by sentients, not the gods, just like he was. If they'd be friendly, the warforged had every interest in getting to know them. He'd grown close to the world and spirits and had favor enough to be granted power despite his nature. He'd tried for a lot of reasons, but in his case there was always still doubt. Things that were the same as Vanguard, but different- that was interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 am
"Ah, such beautiful creatures, abominations against the gods. I'm sure a swift blow to the head should sort them out." Colbertron walks along with the others admiring the creatures in his own way.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000 rolled 7 20-sided dice: 4, 18, 5, 20, 17, 20, 16 Total: 100 (7-140)

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:57 am
Surprize!
((+9 vs. AC. 2 aim at van, 2 at sylvanis, 2 at fawkes, 1 at colbertron))

Van doesn't make it nearly so far as the pond before the adventurer's approach provokes an ear-piercingly high voice to squeak "Kill them all! Steal their nuts!" which is followed by a tiny hail of tiny arrows flying out of the tree branches toward your group.

One of the little toothpicks bounces off of van's plating, but another finds a spot between his joints to jam itself uncomfortably, as does the arrow fired at Colbertron. One shoots wide of Sylvanis while another sticks him in the arm. Fawks takes two in his bicep, probably because he's holding that hammer so high.

((5 damage to van, sylvanis and colbertron, 10 to fawks.))

After the tiny carnage is over, you all finally notice that the little red squirrels perched among the tree branches are wearing crude clothes made of leaves and armed with tiny bows. It'd be cute if they didn't want to kill you with them.

((please place yourselves on one of the numbered squares on this map and roll initiative, the squirrels are out to get you!))  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:21 am
Colbertron's at 2, +2 to Init

"No rodent claims my nuts!"  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 am
((Now I feel dumb. Had it in my head we were approaching from the North.

Question: Are the squirrels low enough to be reached with melee and/or reach melee, or will they require ranged attacks?))

Vanguard paused, in such a way as one might have expected a blink from a human face, and turned, just in time to catch a tiny arrow through his hide armor and into a joint of his plating.

"That is not friendly."

The relative carefree attitude vanished.

[Initiative: 1d20+2+2(warlord's bonus)= 12]
[Starting: Square 1]

SporkMaster5000 rolled 14 20-sided dice: 16, 16, 20, 8, 11, 20, 20, 5, 9, 19, 20, 19, 13, 5 Total: 201 (14-280)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:30 am
((The treebranches are only about five feet off the ground, putting the squirrels in melee reach of even the shortest of weapons. They do provide cover for anyone who wants to climb a tree as well. also, i should probably roll initiative too. +1, +2 ,+4))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am
((Meaning the squirrels have cover right now?

And thank you.))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:06 am
Psychofish
((Meaning the squirrels have cover right now?

And thank you.))
((yes they do, it's how they managed to keep stealth while you were all yelling at the psychic armadillos.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Oshi the Killer rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Oshi the Killer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:48 pm
"Is that all you got" Fawks says mockingly.

Fawks takes (3)

+2  
veccna rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:25 pm
Something whizzed far to the left. Sylvanis turned around to see where it came from when something pierced his arm. Grunting from the surprise pain, he Looked down, noticing a small piece of arrow protruding from his armor. The small chatter in the trees took his notice, spotting squirrels with armor and tiny bows readying arrows for a second volley. "AT ARMS!" Sylvanous yelled, making his men more alert. "Kill those damn squirrels before they can fire again!"

(+1 init, +2 to allies and myself=+3 initiative.

-taking square 4)  

veccna

Saccharine Venom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 am
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 +2 = 26
Taking Square 8

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items