Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse Obsession? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chelsea Caitlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:29 pm
Guilty as charged for loving the twilight series and can't wait for breaking dawn, the movie, and midnight sun!!!! (although thats probably still a ways away.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:54 am
Void Dragoon
I work at Borders, a bookstore. People do indeed get too worked up over these and other books. I will most likely be working the night we have the Midnight release for Breaking Dawn.

God save my soul.

Holy s**t.
God save your soul indeed. My friend works at borders. She's praying for an epidemic. Not that that would stop some of them.
Yes, I am quite alarmed by the ay some people get obsessed. Yes, it has put me off a bit. crying I don't want the film to come out. It'll be s**t.  

Lady Heatherington-Smythe

iceyprincessaqua_93

Fashionable Phantom

13,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:17 pm
i think ppl r gettin overly obessive (cant spell). its not that i dont like the book. it is good. but im not that into it like my friends. i feel bad 4 the ppl that r not into it and work at a book store, cuz in 2 days, the place is gonna b crowded with ppl.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:42 pm
Army Amaranth
I, Like any other reader, love the Twilight series. But my friend brought up a good point. People are becoming over obsessed with the books. I LOVED the series- But now I'm starting to back off because of the creepy obsessions people fall into. I'm wondering, Are other people being affected by the Twilight obsession too?

im a fan, but i aint obsessed though xP
though im kinda excited about Breaking Dawn and the movie ><  

Acheshiree

Shy_Red

Green Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 pm
I really do not want to see that movie come out. Kristen Stewart is not at all how I pictured Bella to be. Jacob either! From the photos I have seen he looks asian...not Native American...pftt. As for Edward, whatever, I never really had a clear picture of him in my head to be exact. Save for the whole bright n' shiny stunt he pulls in the sunlight. So, I suppose 'Cedric Digory' playing Edward just seems dull.
Eh, I'm all for Jacob personally...woof-woof.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 pm
Yeah, I think people are getting waaaaayyy too obbsesed with Twilight and Edward. My friend Kerri was thinking about crossing Bella out with Sharpie on this twilight shirt she got from Hot topic and taping a picture of her over it. I find it really really really stupid that some people love Edward that much. I don't love Edward, he's cool but I don't see why people would fall in love with someone that doesn't exist.

I also don't go crazy about the actors and actresses that they picked out for the movie. Krsiten Stewart seems like a great actress, she was great in the movie Speak. And it doesn't matter what people look like it matters how they act and so far the actors and actresses are good from the scenes I saw and people are getting way too upsest with the people they choose to be the characters.

I also find the team Edward and Team Jacob thing stupid. Sure I would hate it if Bella ended up with Jacob, but whatever.

Okay I'm done with my rant of how much fans are going overvoard with the book. Bye bye!  

Shizuka467

kyoharushigure

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 am
BREAKING DAWN COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 pm
I read the second one around halfway, but stopped because I didn't like it.  

Unwary Wanderer

Meii-Mo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:19 pm
Yes! I love the series. But what bugs me is that most people are just learning about the series. My friend is is just reading the first book, thinking it was a lame romance series. and omg?! she loves it.. um pretty late in the game Kiley. But it's still awesome that many more are finding the amazing story behind the Twilight series.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:57 pm
I don't know if I'm obsessed, I was going to wait till midnight to get the book (like I did for HP 7 and the 5ht HP movie), but I just got out of the hospital [check journal] and my mom says for me to take it easy. So I'm going with a friend tomorrow and make a day out of it. 3nodding I love when I introduce the books to a new person, they immediately want to borrow the next one, which is great! whee The author, Stephenie Meyer is of the same religion as I am and most of my friends from college too, so it's good to know that they're appropriate and not over the top well, you know rolleyes neutral

suicidal_sal

Timid Lunatic

Firefly Inferno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 am
I was obsessed at first about it, but then people started talking about it too much and I went off it. I'm not as excited about BD, but maybe I'll re-read the series to get me into it again.
Although I do think that Edward is a bit of a Gary Stue, and Bella a bit of a (pathetic) Mary Sue, and that's only from the things that flamers have pointed out >.<

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:18 pm
I love the books and I have gotten most of my friends to read them. Unfortunately the nearest Barnes and Noble and Borders are 2 and half hours away so i have to order mine. sweatdrop Stupid small town. Err. Really, we have a Starbucks that we don't really need. We already have 7 coffee shops. There are only like 2000 people in our county. Why cant we have a book store? stressed  

beaniegurl_92

Seance Midnight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:18 pm
I like the series. So does one of my friends. Though, I think that she is way more obsessed with it then I am. I just read to read. She and others read to gossip or whatever they do. I like to get into some debates, but sometimes people take it too far. As in, I like Edward, and my friend like Jacob... *shrugs* I mean, Jacob is great and all, but Edward did get there first... =^.^= sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Ok, well I just got Breaking Dawn today and haven't started yet. I'm not going to start it until tomorrow because I have things to do today. But did everyone who read it like it? Or was it a disappointment? Any comments?  

clivethemagicalfish

luna_luv_manga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:16 pm
TOTALLY OBSESSED

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items