Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm
After Reno responded to him, Lykas quickly excused himself and headed to the Library. That was information he wasn't familiar with. Maybe he could find some more information with that as a starting point?

"If I recall correctly, wasn't he the guy we went to see when Ryan was sick? We already went to visit his spirit in Hoenn once already." Odd pointed out to Reno, turning his attention back to Keiko now.

"What happens depends on how it goes down. If the hybridization happens under irregular circumstances, it could be extreme. If it's done how it was with Kaya and, I presume, Leslie, then nothing happens to them. GRAY has the technology to turn people into Hybrids at will with nothing but a small DNA sample." He explained, rubbing his chin as he tried to think on it. "Then of course, there's cases like Lykas and Night, who appear to have basically fused with the Pokemon in question, though to different degrees. But they were both rather....mystical circumstances."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:06 pm
Down the halls and in the training room, yet another sparring session was being had between what was not only a father and son but teacher and student. Accompanied to the sides of us were our own respective Weavile, my own that I had since I started Pokemon training, and Tristen's that he snagged off from the Snagger in Orre. With not much training between those two, as far as working together, I'd figure it was high time to talk on that. "Alright, Tristen, now a Weavile's two key fortes. Go."

"Its speed and its attack prowess." Tristen said, virtually reciting what he had learned word for word.

"On the flip side, what it tends to lack?"

"Its defense." Tristen then recited again.

"And that's what we're going to talk about now. Now, just because that may be true, sometimes the lack of staying power is a blessing in disguise. Fast creatures such as Weavile don't have bulk or armor or anything of that sort, relying more on evasion and wit than anything else. Up until now, the only Pokemon you have that works similar to Weavile is Galvantula. He's not going to stand up to a whole lot compared to say...Dragonite. But you know that, right?"

"Yea, its why with Galvantula I have him use stuff like Electroweb or Thunder Wave to slow down or if not stop guys." Tristen said.

"Unfortunately, Weavile doesn't have such luxury." I said to him. "So you have to play it other ways. Ways that Weavile works with." The boy then looked down towards his own Weavile, who had its arms crossed and looking away, staring at a wall, not really paying the lesson much mind at the moment. Far as it was concerned, this was just battling basics. My Weavile though was no different, kicked back for the moment, since it was just there to help out for the moment and waiting for its moment to do what he needs to.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:14 pm
Sub just stood back and listened, he didn't really have anything to say that was already said. Besides, Lykas seemed to already have gotten some useful information from Maya via Reno. When Odd started explaining things to Keiko about hybridization did Sub speak up. "What Odd said. Your Pokemon would be totally fine if you ever let GRAY go all mad scientist on you." He reassured her. "Now if you'll excuse me I have a funny feeling a certain bird is nearby." With that said Sub walked off.

-----

"What you two up to? A little school session going on?" Sub asked as he entered the training room, having just caught a little bit of their conversation. "Don't mind me though, continue you." He said, waving at them to do their thing as he sat on the floor to watch.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm
SubonicXP
"What you two up to? A little school session going on?" Sub asked as he entered the training room, having just caught a little bit of their conversation. "Don't mind me though, continue you." He said, waving at them to do their thing as he sat on the floor to watch.

"Now the-" Before I could continue on, I looked back and saw Sub coming in. "Eh, I guess you could say that. Tristen hadn't had much experience with a Weavile on his own let alone gotten around to getting into actual battles with his."

"Though I thought I might had to a while back with Aile." Tristen said, thinking back to the chaos in the mansion.

"Got to admit though, apart from Freth, I never really expect any audience when I'm trying to help Tristen out. Not that I really mind it, anyways." I said. "Though, yet in your case a little strange. Something we can help you with?" I asked. Apparently this gave Tristen's Weavile something new to look at, its glance shifting and his ear raising a bit towards Sub. My own Weavile didn't really mind it, though, still lounging around for the time being.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm
Blizzard120

"Got to admit though, apart from Freth, I never really expect any audience when I'm trying to help Tristen out. Not that I really mind it, anyways." I said. "Though, yet in your case a little strange. Something we can help you with?" I asked. Apparently this gave Tristen's Weavile something new to look at, its glance shifting and his ear raising a bit towards Sub. My own Weavile didn't really mind it, though, still lounging around for the time being.

"Ah, makes sense to understand your own Pokemon a little better before you use it in an actual battle. Funny, there are a good few Weavile around this place now that I'm thinking about it...mine included." He said, putting a finger on his chin as he thought about it. "Nah, I'm fine. You know me, when there is battling, or anything remotely like it, going on I'm there to get a good view. So go ahead, carry on. Maybe I'll learn something myself from the Bird Sage Blizzard." He said with a smile.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 pm
SubonicXP
"Ah, makes sense to understand your own Pokemon a little better before you use it in an actual battle. Funny, there are a good few Weavile around this place now that I'm thinking about it...mine included." He said, putting a finger on his chin as he thought about it. "Nah, I'm fine. You know me, when there is battling, or anything remotely like it, going on I'm there to get a good view. So go ahead, carry on. Maybe I'll learn something myself from the Bird Sage Blizzard." He said with a smile.

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes for a second then gave a bit of a sigh. "Alright, have it your way." I said, turning back to Tristen. "Alright, then, as I was about to say...so Weavile isn't able to use Thunder Wave or Electroweb, or stuff like Galvantula does, right?"

"Uh-huh?"

"What does a Weavile have?"

"Its speed." Tristen said.

"Which means what?"

"He can dodge real good." Tristen said. "Weavile are some of the more...uh...limber? Pokemon?"

"Right phrasing, sure, but not what I was going for. Weavile doesn't really have a lot of options when it comes to range. Probably the best is Icy wind, which could cut a foe's speed down, but then another drawback of Weavile."

"Special prowess." Tristen said.

"Right. Weavile is...?"

"Physical."

"And Weavile doesn't have really have ranged options that are physical, right? Rather, none of any considerable use. So what then?"

"Weavile has to get close." Tristen said. "But that puts Weavile in bigger danger, doesn't it? I don't get that about your Weavile. You make him close in really fast even though one bad move will get Weavile hurt really bad."

"Well, apart from the fact that judgment calls like that comes from experience, its also how Weaviles fight best." I said. "That said, its not like you see my Weavile throw himself into the arms of an opponent. He has means to get in close, rather he gets there himself, or he gets his opponent to and when that happens, half his job is done already because while it may be true Weavile's being within arms reach to take a Hammer Arm is not a kosher thing, like wise Weavile being in something's face is not going to be good for the opponent either in one regard or another. Those claws are not for show, hence the lesson: Defense as Offense."

"Defense as offense? I...don't get it..."

"Tristen, rather you are aware of it or not, you've already done it a few times already with other Pokemon. However, such a thing usually came in the form of statuses, like...well, Elecroweb and Thunder Wave if we're going to use those examples again. You got to realize there's more than one way to get the upper-hand on a foe and not with the conventional means, either. For example, answer me this: name an attack that you've seen my Weavile do that I commanded that doesn't cause damage at all."

"......" Tristen had to think back for a moment.

"I'll give you a hint, more than one Pokemon of mine actually has it. Like Zangoose."

"Uh...oh, Taunt?" Tristen asked.

"Right. Now what does Taunt do?" I asked.

"It makes a Pokemon mad." Tristen said.

"Yes, and...?"

"Uh...well, the Pokedex says that it usually makes most Pokemon so mad that they just do nothing but attempt to attack to cause damage. They don't do anything else like statuses and stuff." A realization then occurred to the boy, now that he thought about it. "Wait...they don't, do they?"

"Right, which makes them predictable. They become deranged to the point of obsession to take your Pokemon down. Anger tends to be a bad thing more often than not." I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:05 pm
"So it's possible to go hybrid without fusing with a Pokemon?" Keiko asked, as that was pretty much the only thing she got out of Odd's explanation. She glanced at Sub when he left, wondering if he was referring to either Blizzard or Amaranth, but she didn't follow him yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:06 pm
"Think of Taunt like when Freth gets her wig snatched off her head." Sub spoke up with a joke. It was kind of true though, take her wig off and that is one hybrid that will certainly think about doing nothing but damage. He couldn't help but make a joke, but he was enjoying Blizzard's tutelage either way. "Also, less jokingly, tell him about Sneasel and Weavile's more signature move, one of my favorites; Beat Up."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:23 pm
SubonicXP
"Think of Taunt like when Freth gets her wig snatched off her head." Sub spoke up with a joke. It was kind of true though, take her wig off and that is one hybrid that will certainly think about doing nothing but damage. He couldn't help but make a joke, but he was enjoying Blizzard's tutelage either way. "Also, less jokingly, tell him about Sneasel and Weavile's more signature move, one of my favorites; Beat Up."

"Beat up?" Tristen asked.

"Not really part of the lesson plan...for that matter, not one that I tend to get my Pokemon to use either..." I said.

"What does that do? That's not...defensive?" Tristen asked.

"Truthfully, thats more of Sub's wheelhouse with the dark type. Another trait Weavile are known for are its underhanded tactics, some that I do have Weavile use like Feint Attack." I said. "Besides, the point though. Beat Up is where Weavile, or for that matter any Pokemon capable of learning it, chains its attacks in succession, so quickly that some may argue is as if its allies, namely the party it came from, comes all out and attacks all at once. In some cases, that's taken to its most literal meaning." I said.

"You said that you don't have your own Weavile use it. Why?" Tristen asked.

"Eh, even in its most literal case, thats multiple Pokemon trying to crowd in and strike a target. Kind of inefficient." I said. "It kind of becomes a case of the old saying 'death of a thousand cuts'. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the attack bad, because again, like I was getting at, more than one way to use attacks, even in unconventional ways. For example, in double battles, pair a Beat Up user with someone with say...a Justified trait." I said. "Something that wouldn't get too badly hurt by Beat Up."

"Like...Cobalion?" Tristen winced, nearly cringing, at the sheer notion of that one, remembering the Challenger's Cave years ago.

"That thing is not the only one that has a Justified trait." I said to him. "But yes. You'd be right about that one."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm
Blizzard120

"That thing is not the only one that has a Justified trait." I said to him. "But yes. You'd be right about that one."

"Hey, ain't nothing wrong with underhanded tactics, in fact that's what all Dark types specialize in sooo...yeah, that's my wheelhouse." Sub said with a chuckle, he did like his dirty tricks and such. "Speaking of abilities Weavile also has another 'underhanded' trait to it in its ability, that is its hidden ability, Pickpocket. Does almost exactly what you think it does. But enough about me trying to be a bad influence, continue, senpai Blizzard."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:19 pm
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

"Hey, ain't nothing wrong with underhanded tactics, in fact that's what all Dark types specialize in sooo...yeah, that's my wheelhouse." Sub said with a chuckle, he did like his dirty tricks and such. "Speaking of abilities Weavile also has another 'underhanded' trait to it in its ability, that is its hidden ability, Pickpocket. Does almost exactly what you think it does. But enough about me trying to be a bad influence, continue, senpai Blizzard."

"...what's a sen-"

"Later." I said, cutting the boy off. Freakin' hell, leave it to Sub to pull something like that.

"Uh...okay?"

"Ugh..." I shook my head. "At any rate..." I then rubbed my eyes for a second then looked back at Tristen. "Where were we before all of tha-wait, Taunt. Right. Yea, alright. So there was that-where's your Weavile." It was only then I realized that Tristen's Weavile was missing by the boy's side, only for the two of us to notice that it was near Sub, practically studying the leader. "Oh..."

My Weavile perked up, staring at his counterpart for a second then went back to leaning back for the moment.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 pm
Blizzard120

"...what's a sen-"

"Later." I said, cutting the boy off. Freakin' hell, leave it to Sub to pull something like that.

"Uh...okay?"

"Ugh..." I shook my head. "At any rate..." I then rubbed my eyes for a second then looked back at Tristen. "Where were we before all of tha-wait, Taunt. Right. Yea, alright. So there was that-where's your Weavile." It was only then I realized that Tristen's Weavile was missing by the boy's side, only for the two of us to notice that it was near Sub, practically studying the leader. "Oh..."

My Weavile perked up, staring at his counterpart for a second then went back to leaning back for the moment.

Sub would notice Blizzard's glance over at him and then his Weavile's. Did he has something on his face? Why were they staring at him? "Have you finally fallen in lo- oh, hey there." His sentence cut short as he noticed Tristen's own Weavile staring him down. "Can I help you?" He asked the Pokemon. He wasn't unfamiliar with attracting Dark type Pokemon but some times it would catch you off guard, especially that one time a Mightyena got a little too friendly. He could have caught it but it was too...'friendly' with him to keep around.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Not getting an answer from Kaya or Reno, Keiko started walking in Sub's footsteps, wondering where the leader had run off to. She had gotten to the entrance to the Training room when she heard something she'd never expected to hear Sub say.

Did he mean it? Did he really feel for Blizzard? That can't be true, right? The Snagem leader was clearly messing with the ice-cold hybrid... right?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:31 pm
SubonicXP
Sub would notice Blizzard's glance over at him and then his Weavile's. Did he has something on his face? Why were they staring at him? "Have you finally fallen in lo- oh, hey there." His sentence cut short as he noticed Tristen's own Weavile staring him down. "Can I help you?" He asked the Pokemon. He wasn't unfamiliar with attracting Dark type Pokemon but some times it would catch you off guard, especially that one time a Mightyena got a little too friendly. He could have caught it but it was too...'friendly' with him to keep around.

"Vile..." Weavile said, quickly turning around and finally walking off. Apparently nothing of note. My own Weavile then perked up again, giving a rather hard grin for a second.

"Weavile, what was that all-oh...um...Blizz?"

"What-oh. Um...Sub?" I asked. "Uh...boxers or briefs?" I asked.

Speaking of pickpocket...as Weavile twirls a set of underwear around on one claw finger.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm
Lykas was, by now, buried in a pile of books in the Library, poring over every single thing he could find about the ancient Kreek, searching for a mention of this Great Fog Calamity Reno had mentioned. There had to be something in here, right? Entire civilization don't vanish overnight without someone, somewhere recording as much as can be learned about it.

Back upstairs, Odd had simply nodded to confirm that Keiko had understood him correctly before she walked off. With her and Lykas both gone off to do their own thing, he decided to retrieve something to eat from the kitchen, leaving Reno alone, unless he chose to follow.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games