Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:00 pm
DJ Double B
Had another quick question or two if that's alright
A lil over a month ago, you guys mentioned making a thread dedicated to explaining the Evren region as well as some of the norms of other regions/places.

Is there any update on this?
Will it be taking into account how current characters have described their hometowns? Or is this less about specific towns and more about the regions in general/how they interact?

Also, would it be possible for regular members to voice input on characteristics/norms of some of the canon regions their characters are from?
Not at all Evren, but Kanto, or Johto?

Thanks!

The thread explaining the Evren region and relations to other regions will mainly focus on the Evren region since it where our story mainly takes place. Anything else will mainly be based on canon reference for the pokemon regions (kanto, johto, hoenn etc...) but we do watch what others talk about since each person has their own unique aspect of their home.

However everything has already been written by the crew BUT we haven't been oblivious to the homes and experiences of everyone else's characters. That being said we aren't looking for any input on this stuff right now as it could become a little complicated but I hope I helped answer your question ^^"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 pm
Prairiefox
DJ Double B
Had another quick question or two if that's alright
A lil over a month ago, you guys mentioned making a thread dedicated to explaining the Evren region as well as some of the norms of other regions/places.

Is there any update on this?
Will it be taking into account how current characters have described their hometowns? Or is this less about specific towns and more about the regions in general/how they interact?

Also, would it be possible for regular members to voice input on characteristics/norms of some of the canon regions their characters are from?
Not at all Evren, but Kanto, or Johto?

Thanks!

The thread explaining the Evren region and relations to other regions will mainly focus on the Evren region since it where our story mainly takes place. Anything else will mainly be based on canon reference for the pokemon regions (kanto, johto, hoenn etc...) but we do watch what others talk about since each person has their own unique aspect of their home.

However everything has already been written by the crew BUT we haven't been oblivious to the homes and experiences of everyone else's characters. That being said we aren't looking for any input on this stuff right now as it could become a little complicated but I hope I helped answer your question ^^"

Yoy did answer it, no worries! Cant wait to read it. Thank you!  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:27 pm
I have a question and it is sbout the status Infatuation. Does it work the same way as Paralysis? Or does it have its own dice rule or something like that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 pm
London the Carbink
I have a question and it is sbout the status Infatuation. Does it work the same way as Paralysis? Or does it have its own dice rule or something like that?

Yes it is classified as a status ailment so the 10 sided dice mechanic will apply ^^  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:20 pm
Prairiefox
London the Carbink

Yes it is classified as a status ailment so the 10 sided dice mechanic will apply ^^
But what I meant is the rolling. What number should we expect to see after hitting a certain Pokémon with Attract to know if that Pokémon is Immobolized by Love so I can't attack or what number should be the result so that the Pokémon can snap out of Infatuation.

Sorry if sometimes my questions are hard to understand. cat_redface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 pm
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink

But what I meant is the rolling. What number should we expect to see after hitting a certain Pokémon with Attract to know if that Pokémon is Immobolized by Love so I can't attack or what number should be the result so that the Pokémon can snap out of Infatuation.

Well with the move Attract it actually has 100% accuracy so no need to roll with that attack. Though also remember that attract is only effective against pokemon of the opposite gender

but with Igglybuff's charm ability its 30% success
so when you roll the die if it rolls a 3 it is successful ^^  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm
Prairiefox
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink

Well with the move Attract it actually has 100% accuracy so no need to roll with that attack. Though also remember that attract is only effective against pokemon of the opposite gender

So let's just say that it worked~ heart

Then how about the opponent? Does it have to roll for the possible effects it might cause to its affected Pokémon? Does it need to roll whether it was infatuated enough to the opposite Pokémon that it won't even listen to the trainer's order? Or the infatuation has the same effects of Sleep Status where it is very vulnerable to attacks and where the opponent will have to rely on its luck on dice rolling to snap out from Infatuation?

Again sorry for the long discussion. cat_redface
I'm really curious about the Infatuation Status since it hasn't been covered in the battling rule. whee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink

Then how about the opponent? Does it have to roll for the possible effects it might cause to its affected Pokémon? Does it need to roll whether it was infatuated enough to the opposite Pokémon that it won't even listen to the trainer's order? Or the infatuation has the same effects of Sleep Status where it is very vulnerable to attacks and where the opponent will have to rely on its luck on dice rolling to snap out from Infatuation?

I'm really curious about the Infatuation Status since it hasn't been covered in the battling rule. whee

You're rolling for yourself when you battle your opponent unless you're in battle with another trainer. You roll for yourself and write out how your opponent reacts depending on the result. Yes- a trainer whose pokemon is infatuated would have to roll to see if their pokemon could attack or if their too immobilized to do so.

The reason it's not in the rules is because we generalized it with the infliction of Paralysis and Poison rolls since that also takes infliction of Sleep, freezing, burns and other basic ailments into consideration. Infliction has varying percentages of happening so that is why the roll for it will depend on the percentage, in case of Infatuation 30% so roll 1-10 dice and if its a 3 it's a success.  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 pm
Prairiefox
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink
Prairiefox
London the Carbink

You're rolling for yourself when you battle your opponent unless you're in battle with another trainer. You roll for yourself and write out how your opponent reacts depending on the result. Yes- a trainer whose pokemon is infatuated would have to roll to see if their pokemon could attack or if their too immobilized to do so.

The reason it's not in the rules is because we generalized it with the infliction of Paralysis and Poison rolls since that also takes infliction of Sleep, freezing, burns and other basic ailments into consideration. Infliction has varying percentages of happening so that is why the roll for it will depend on the percentage, in case of Infatuation 30% so roll 1-10 dice and if its a 3 it's a success.

I see now! cat_sweatdrop I finally understood the ruling of Infatuation. Thanks for clearing this up to me. yum_strawberry
Until next time that I will have my own questions again. emotion_yatta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 pm
emotion_yatta Hello, hello! I have another question for you guys. I've been wondering, what are the effective ways of obtaining items, especially the held items?
That would be all and until next time. cat_wink emotion_kirakira

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm
London the Carbink
emotion_yatta Hello, hello! I have another question for you guys. I've been wondering, what are the effective ways of obtaining items, especially the held items?

We generally get items during events. So like for Halloween their were games you could win prizes from. We had a tournament a while back and the winners got items from that as well. So usually it's a surprise what items you'll end up receiving but the crew will always let us know when we have a chance to get items. Oh and rare candies are given out during time skips Hope that helps answer your question.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:43 pm
murruelecreuset
London the Carbink

We generally get items during events. So like for Halloween their were games you could win prizes from. We had a tournament a while back and the winners got items from that as well. So usually it's a surprise what items you'll end up receiving but the crew will always let us know when we have a chance to get items. Oh and rare candies are given out during time skips Hope that helps answer your question.

I see. So that's why there is no currency system in this roleplay. cat_xp I rrally thought there were gonna ba shops or something but I guess I was wrong and even tried to look at the Lamia District. Lawls. cat_whee

But aside from that, thanks Murrue! Yup you can be totally sure that I understood what you have said. I wonder when's the next event. And where? Oh my goosh. I hope it will be a summet event where they go to a beach or something. cat_4laugh heart cat_wink emotion_kirakira

yum_strawberry

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:32 pm
heart

Hello! cat_biggrin It's nice to be here again. And that's mean I have another question. I've been wondering... About the evolution that has many alternative forms and our best example for the is Eevee. We already know that the Flareon,
Vaporeon and Jolteon can be achieved through the evolution stones. We also know that Espeon and Umbreon can be achieved through full friendship alone and Sylveon can be achieved through Eevee learning a Fairy-Type move. Now my questions lays on the Leafeon and the Glaceon eeveelutions. How can you achieve these evolution? Well we can say that Leafeon is achievable because we have forests and grasslands here, but how about Glaceon?

Aside from that, do we really have to be in a specific place to level them up in order to achieve the desired evolution? Like Glaceon, do we have to be in a icy mountain or any ice terrain in order for my Eevee to evolve into a Glaceon?

Once again, thanks for taking the time for reading and have a good day.
Also sorry in advance if this has been questioned before, it's just that I'm really lazy af to go an read the past 26 pages. cat_4laugh emotion_kirakira

heart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 pm
London the Carbink
heart

Hello! cat_biggrin It's nice to be here again. And that's mean I have another question. I've been wondering... About the evolution that has many alternative forms and our best example for the is Eevee. We already know that the Flareon,
Vaporeon and Jolteon can be achieved through the evolution stones. We also know that Espeon and Umbreon can be achieved through full friendship alone and Sylveon can be achieved through Eevee learning a Fairy-Type move. Now my questions lays on the Leafeon and the Glaceon eeveelutions. How can you achieve these evolution? Well we can say that Leafeon is achievable because we have forests and grasslands here, but how about Glaceon?

Aside from that, do we really have to be in a specific place to level them up in order to achieve the desired evolution? Like Glaceon, do we have to be in a icy mountain or any ice terrain in order for my Eevee to evolve into a Glaceon?

Also sorry in advance if this has been questioned before, it's just that I'm really lazy af to go an read the past 26 pages. cat_4laugh emotion_kirakira

heart

Hey, I'm not crew but I asked about this on the last page over so I can direct you to my question and the answer

Basically, there's been a lot of other stuff going on, special evolutions havent been a big priority
So for now, hang tight!

Also Sylveon is not set in stone as of yet, as there is the Pokemon Amie factor to consider in addition to the fairy move

Hope it helps! If anyone wants to elaborate/update on this, feel free  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

London the Carbink

Ursine Donator

1,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:52 pm
DJ Double B
London the Carbink
heart

heart

Hey, I'm not crew but I asked about this on the last page over so I can direct you to my question and the answer

Basically, there's been a lot of other stuff going on, special evolutions havent been a big priority
So for now, hang tight!

Also Sylveon is not set in stone as of yet, as there is the Pokemon Amie factor to consider in addition to the fairy move

Hope it helps! If anyone wants to elaborate/update on this, feel free

heart

I see now! So they are called as special evolutions. Thanks for the reply DJ Double B. cat_wink

I really hope that will discuss it soon. cat_sweatdrop

heart

Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas