Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History (Sandbox D&D 3.5 Game)(Open/accepting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
glitterboypilot rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 5, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4, 5, 3, 5, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4 Total: 79 (20-120)

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 am
Making 2 people.  
glitterboypilot rolled 8 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 4, 4 Total: 23 (8-48)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 am
wahmbulance  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5, 1, 6 Total: 62 (20-120)

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 am
11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 9 10  
glitterboypilot rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 4, 5 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:11 am
10, 12, 10 12, 15, 14  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 6, 4 Total: 18 (4-24)

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am
cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 pm
May I play a Clockwork knight for one of my characters?  

glitterboypilot

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm
glitterboypilot
May I play a Clockwork knight for one of my characters?
Hmm... *thinks about how this is going to fit into the world*

I'll allow it because it has intrested me enough but am still iffy. So I'm going to have to restrict you a little and say you'll have to be a part a certain orginization (Inthera Military) as a prototyper... Meaning your the only one so far. However this will not stop you from doing what you want(it may even help you over the long run) it will provide me with an easy wasy to say this character can exist without fully releasing it to free player use.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm
I might be interested. Are you allowing monstrous characters?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:00 pm
iLL iNTENT

Will answer, cause it has been asked earlier and is now lost in the pages. Yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm
iLL iNTENT
Controlled Freedom. That's my style.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:59 pm
purest_heart
iLL iNTENT
Still trying to figure out how to play an awakened slab of tofu though... lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 pm
Alzzak
purest_heart
iLL iNTENT
Still trying to figure out how to play an awakened slab of tofu though... lol
Animated object!! lol xp  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm
I would be interested in playing an Armand, pg 10 of Monster Manual 3.
They're basically a small race of nomadic armadillo people, who follow monastic principles. I'd want to make him a monk of some sort.

I see that the starting ECL ranges between 1 to 3. As it stands, the Armand has an ECL of +3, which puts it on par with a level 3 character. However, I would be interested in applying some nerfs to lower the ECL, so I could start with a few class levels, if you would allow it.

I played one before in a previous game (and ended up loving the character, but sadly the campaign ended before really going anywhere) and below are the changes my previous DM and I agreed on:

Standard Armand: ECL +3
+6 Dex, +6 Con
Small Size
Speed: 20ft / Burrow 10ft
+4 Natural Armor
2 Claw Attacks (1d4)
Darkvision 60ft
+4 Racial bonus on Survival Checks
Stability (+4 vs Trip and Bull Rush)
Defensive Stance: As a move action, an armand can take a defensive stance, gaining phenomenal precision and durability, but cannot move while in this stance. The creature gains a +2 on attack rolls, a +2 resistance bonus on all saves, and a +4 dodge bonus to AC until it moves.

and with the changes:

Amended Armand: ECL +1
+2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha
Medium Size
Speed: 30ft / Burrow 10ft
+4 Natural Armor
2 Claw Attacks (1d6)
+4 Racial bonus on Survival Checks
Stability (+4 vs Trip and Bull Rush)

The ability bonuses were lowered dramatically, and a penalty was added to Charisma. The Defensive Stance ability was removed, and the size was increased from small to medium, removing the size bonuses and penalties. (No +1 to AC and attack rolls, no +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty to grapple checks removed, speed increased from 20ft to 30ft, and claw damaged raised from 1d4 to 1d6.) The DM felt that the benefits to being small greatly outweighed the penalties, hence the change in size.

If you feel these changes are fair, I'll start rolling up a character. (I was thinking ECL 3? +1 From the racial ECL, and 2 levels of monk?) On the other hand, if you wanted to keep things simple, I could just use the base armand and take no class levels. He'd be incredibly tanky for level 3, but on the other hand, his damage output will be nil (a measly 2d4 with a full attack with his claws.)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 pm
iLL iNTENT

I feel these changes are fair to lower your level adjustment. However Small size is no issue with me. Halflings are small and have just as many abilities, I see no reason why a creature with a level adjustment cannot be small with these abilites, especally sense you have a claw attack and claw attacks are ALWAYS determined by the size of the creature. If you were a medium creature your claws would deal 1d6+whatever applies.

I would also allow you to incrementaly gain some of your other race abilites by gaining "levels" in your race, much like other high ECL monsters allow.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces