Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:55 am
--99--0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--
A-W---W--W--A--L--L--------W--A--L--L---W---A---A
B-A---A--A-----L4----L1-----------------W---A---B
C-L---L--L--------------Ha--------------W---A---C
D-L---L--L--Ca----WP----Gr--------------W---A---D
E-----------D1----------------------------------E
F-----------------------------------------------F
G-W---W--W--------D2-Da-----------------W---A---G
H-A---A--A------------------------------W---A---H
I-L---L--L--------------------Pe--------W---A---I
J-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---J
K-L---L--L-----------------------Ge-----W---A---K
L-L---L--L--------------------------KM--W---A---L

27 - Daelos: 2 damage
25 - Hars: 11/50hp, bloodied
24 - Kobold Wyrmpriest: 24 damage
24 - Kobold Cleaver 1:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 2:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 3:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 4:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 5:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 6:
17 - Kobold Slinger 1: 18 damage, bloodied
17 - Kobold Slinger 2: 27 damage, bloodied marked by Hars
17 - Kobold Slinger 3: 26 damage, bloodied
17 - Kobold Slinger 4: 5 temp. hp
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 1: 60 damage, a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, weakened until the end of Gerash's next turn, bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 2: 17 damage, cursed by Pelloth
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 1: 30 damage bloodied marked by Hars
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 2: 38 damage, bloodied marked by Hars
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 3: 33 damage, bloodied
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 4: 31 damage, marked by Hars bloodied
12 - Grashuk: 15/45hp, bloodied Initiative
8 - Cain: 19/50hp, bloodied Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts it's turn adjacent to Cain takes a -2 to AC until the end of it's next turn, ongoing 5 acid damage and immobilized (save ends)
7 - Pelloth: 39/44hp
4 - Gerash: 37/39hp

Hars dodges past a kobolds spear before swiping her blades at two flanking her. A powerful cut bloodies the slinger, who almost drops his sling, but the other kobold does drop his weapon, his spear clatters to the ground.... shortly before his head accompanies it... Happy with a kill, Hars then takes a step back to stand next to Grashuk.

Finally seeing an opportunity for his best attack, the Wymrpriest steps towards Hars and Grashuk. He then throws his head back before launching it towards the changeling and bugbear; a blast of acid erupts from his mouth and douses both of them in burning liquid. The acid bloodies the bugbear, and doesn't do much good for Hars either!

The only other remaining kobolds, the slingers look down the corridor and contemplate running, but the sight of their wyrmpriest breathing acid renews their resolve. They both move further into the room, using their shifty nature to get away, WAIT! Hars, L1 has shifted, show him your wrath! ((I will finish his move off after Hars has attacked, as for the other kobold...)) He moves up to behind Cain and launches a bullet at his back! The projectile 'whaps' into the Kenku's feathery back for 8 damage! Cain is bloodied!

The Dragons then make their play for the deaths of all non-kobolds! The one having his battle with Cain shirks away from the frightening Kenku once more, before roaring and launching two claws at the feathery b*****d! It hits with one claw, but thanks to Gerash's weakening spell only deals 4 damage. Although, the acid on its claws once again immobilizes and deals ongoing acid damage to Cain. The other, by Daelos firstly stands up, and then launches two acidic claws at the elf. Unfortunately for the dragon (and the rest of the party) Daelos nimbly dodges both attacks.

Hars, Combat Challenge OA! Grashuk, go! Cain, take 5 acid damage and then you can go! And then Pelloth and Gerash go!  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:32 am
Gerash watched the skull-adorned kobold bathe his allies in acid. Then he looked at Cain going to town on his wyrmling of choice. Deciding the less acid the better, he turned his attentions to helping Daelos. Much as he would like to see the elf softened up a bit more, they still needed him. Gerash points his orb at the wyrmling and fires out a bolt of ghostly energy at the beast.

((majeek missile D2: 16 vs ref, 8 damage))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 am
As he stared at the acid-spewing kobold, Grashuk was once more overwhelmed by his beastial nature. Leaving intelligence behind, the bugbear would rush up next to the small lizard, raise his b*****d sword high over his head, and attempt to cleave the priest in half.

After so thoroughly thrashing the target, Grashuk's tactical mind once more took over, and he positioned himself so that if the small foe moved in anyway, either he or one of his allies would take him down.

Quote:
Move Action: Shift 1 SW
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on WP. CRIT!! vs. AC; 25 damage, and if the target shifts before the start of my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice (Hars, but if she's not within range Gerash).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:09 am
Cain was happy where he was, he didn't even want to move, but the fact he COULDN'T move was infuriating. The Kobold behind him throwing annoying pellets at him wasn't helping him. All this fuelled him into getting a good hit on the Dragon, before shacking off the acidic taste from his feathers.

He was planning on eating this Dragon afterwards, but after all the stingy burning, Cain decided that it was possibly a bad idea.

Quote:
Pre Turn:
5 Acid Damage

Standard:
Bond of Pursuit vs D1
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC= 19/26
1d10+6= 15 damage and if he moves I follow (up to 4).

Post turn:
Save vs Acid/Immob: Saved

joe-dude667

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:29 am
[Aura: 1]

moving closer to his initial target, Pelloth steps up next to Grushuk to gain a good angle, and after cursing the target, he summons a grey mist to surround the creature.

Quote:
Move: to E6 and gaining concealment

Standard: Twilight of the Soul on D2: 11 v. Will....on the off chance that hits: 12 initial and 10 ongoing necrotic damage, and he has a -2 to saves against the ongoing damage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm
Nobody walks away intact! ((@28, 8 damage))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 am
B-A---A--A-----L4-----------------------W---A---B
D-L---L--L--Ca--------------------------W---A---D
E-----------D1-------Gr-P------------------------E
I-L---L--L--------------------Pe--------W---A---I

25 - Hars: 11/50hp, bloodied
24 - Kobold Wyrmpriest: 49 damage Carved into two pieces!
24 - Kobold Cleaver 1:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 2:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 3:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 4:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 5:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 6:
17 - Kobold Slinger 1: 26 damage, bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 1: 75 damage, a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 2: 17 damage, cursed by Pelloth
12 - Grashuk: 15/45hp, bloodied
8 - Cain: 19/50hp, bloodied Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts it's turn adjacent to Cain takes a -2 to AC until the end of it's next turn,
7 - Pelloth: 39/44hp, Initiative

That sneaky little kobold tried to get away from Hars, not happening! Hars' short sword made short work of the beast and his body slumped to the ground!

Grashuk took a step closer to the kobold wyrmpriest, forgoing any sort of more intense tactics, the Bugbear brought his sword up above the kobolds shoulder and brought it down with all the force he could muster. (I have to apologise here, the kobold wymrpriest was bloodied a while ago sweatdrop ) The strength behind Grashuks blow caused his sword to enter the kobolds shoulder, go through his chest and come out at its groin! The wymrpriests face was well and truly one of horror as its life left it and its body fell apart in two neatly cleaved pieces!

Cain carried on his quite successful battle with the Gray Dragon Wyrmling by once more sticking his broadsword under the thick scales of the beast. The Kenku then shook his feathery body quickly and shook the thick acid off of himself.

Pelloth needs to adjust his turn (My fault completely) since the Wyrmpriest is now dead. Unfortunately keep your die rolls, but you can change your curse target and your attack power. So you can save Twilight of the Soul if you change your attack to an Eldritch Blast or something.

Again, can Gerash re-do his turn keeping the same die rolls, thanks. Daelos will be done after this.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:47 am
((I'll do the same turn, but shoot D2 instead then. 16 vs ref and 8 force damage. post edited to reflect that))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:38 pm
((*points up* what he said...edited my post apropriatly.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:10 am
B-A---A--A-----L4-----------------------W---A---B
E-----------D1-------Gr-Pe-----------------------E
I-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---I

25 - Hars: 11/50hp, bloodied Initiative
24 - Kobold Cleaver 1:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 2:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 3:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 4:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 5:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 6:
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 1: 75 damage, a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 2: 47 damage, cursed by Pelloth, bloodied
12 - Grashuk: 15/45hp, bloodied
8 - Cain: 19/50hp, bloodied Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts it's turn adjacent to Cain takes a -2 to AC until the end of it's next turn,
7 - Pelloth: 39/44hp,

Pelloth walked towards Grashuk, wrapping the shadows of the room around himself as he did so. He then attempted to attack the dragon near to him with a grey mist, but the winged beast shrugged the attack off without much trouble.

Gerash trained his orb on the wyrmpriest....oh, he's dead, well let's take care of that dragon then. Gerash's bolt of magic missile blasted towards the creature, who dodged just in time....no wait! Gerash curved the bolt of force right at the last second and smacked it into the creatures scales! The dead wizards control of magic is something to behold.

Daelos narrowed his eyes at the dragon before him and took a quick faint to the side, when the dragon went to claw him, the elf dodged back and caught the beasts snout with his dagger for 6 damage. With his combat advantage set up, the Bloodstone Stalker then went to viciously drive his dagger into the back of the dragons' skull. His attack struck with precision, and the dagger made a sickenging sound as the dug deep into the dragons head, causing it to roar with pain and blood to gush out of the wound when Daelos withdrew his dagger. He smiled with savage glee and said, "I will sacrifice you in the name of Zehir!"

Hars, go go go!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Arc Vembris rolled 3 20-sided dice: 4, 5, 6 Total: 15 (3-60)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 pm
That was a disgusting fight, everyone was exhausted. Then Hars saw an opening and darted to Cain's side. With a moment's effort, her blank face snarled into a hideous mask of nightmares, a dragon's maw sprouting writhing with tentacles and burrowed with worms.
((move to E3, Bluff +5 vs D1's passive insight))
Hars whirls in a dance of blades, cutting at both dragons before slipping back to give Cain an advantage.
((Tempest Dance +11 vs D1's AC, shift S, +11 vs D2's AC, Shift W to flank with Cain))  
Arc Vembris rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 pm
On the very narrow chance that any of that connected
13 damage to D1(17 if I beat his insight, thus getting combat advantage), 7 damage to D2.

Regardless, both dragons are marked. and now I die.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 am
B-A---A--A------------------------------W---A---B
C-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---C
E-----------D1-------------Gr-Pe-----------------E
F-----------Ha----------------------------------F
G-W---W--W--------D2-------Da-----------W---A---G
I-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---I

27 - Daelos: 19 damage, ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends)
25 - Hars: 6/50hp, bloodied Initiative
24 - Kobold Cleaver 1:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 2:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 3:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 4:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 5:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 6:
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 1: 75 damage, a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, marked by Hars bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 2: 47 damage, cursed by Pelloth, marked by Hars bloodied
12 - Grashuk: 6/45hp, ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends) bloodied
7 - Pelloth: 30/44hp, ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends)

Hars was breathing heavily, with multiple wounds all over her otherwise perfect body. Seeing an opportunity, she ran over to Cain and attacked at the dragons near him. Her whirling blades would have easily snuck into the flesh of less armoured targets, but the thick draconic scales on the back of the beasts she attacked managed to keep them from coming to any harm. She then challenged the dragons to keep them away from her allies...perhaps that wasn't the greatest idea...

"RUN AWAAAAAY!" shouted the only remaining kobold, in draconic. He dropped his sling, and bolted down the corridor to the right. ((He is 9 squares north of the map if anyone wants to attack him))

"RROOOOOOAAARR!" Hars, is almost deafened as the dragon between her and Cain, ignores the feathery target and instead goes for the girly elf who poked him on the back earlier. One claw came flying at Hars' face, but she dodged it nimbly. THe same could not be said for the second claw that came with great speed and caught her arm, drawing more blood, but only 6 damage!

Deciding to go for the male elf still, rather than the female elf; after all, the male one just stabbed him in the head, the other dragon went to claw at Daelos. One claw the Bloodstone Stalker deflects with his dagger, but the other catches him right on the side of the face for a CRIT! The dragon snarls evilly before using an ACTION POINT! To launch a blast of acidic breath at the craetures in front of him. Everyone is caught in the blast and takes 4 acid damage, pushed 2 squares and takes ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends)

Grashuk and Pelloth take 5 acid damage, and then they and Cain and Gerash can go!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:52 am
With Hars in position, Cain saw his opportunity. Now was the time to end this. He thrust his sword into the beast, coating it (along with a good amount of his arm) in the Dragon's blood. As the beast fell, Cain could feel power going to his Lord. Tharizdun was pleased with him, and rewarded him with a fraction of His power. Cain seemed to grow a few inches, as his arms seemed to grow thicker and his feathers more defined. Looking upon the dead Dragon's brother, he walked up to it to shed it in his purple light.

Quote:
Standard:
Aspect of Might vs D1
+12 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh, 3CA]vsAC= 15/28
3d10+8= 33 damage and I'm Mighty (+5 athletics, +2 speed, +2 damage to melee EoE).

Move:
2SE

Minor:
Oath a b***h.

joe-dude667

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:00 am
As the dragon sprayed him and his allies with its acidic breath, Grashuk grunted his displeasure. Staggering from the stinging stench, the bugbear took a moment to regain his senses. He had went a little crazy on that Kobold just a moment ago, and going at a dragon like that would only get him killed.

Regaining his reserve energy, the bugbear would move toward the dragon slowly, but deliberately. When he got within reach, he would hold his blade high above his head. "There's only one foe left! Focus all your might upon it, and it shall fall just like all the others!" He would then cleave downward with the blade, attempting to lop the dragon's head off outright.

Quote:
((I'm not sure how many APs I have left, so I'm going under the assumption that I have at least 1.))
Standard Action: Second Wind. Healing surge spent.
Move Action: 1 W, 1 SW
Action Point!
Standard Action: Stand the Fallen on D2. 17 vs. AC; 19 damage; all allies within 10 squares of me can spend a healing surge and regains additional hit points equal to my Charisma modifier (+1).

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff