Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 am
Xiatian Li
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
I started watching Glee on a dare and now I lowkey want one for Ordell..or like..just a music room

Or a band like in anime. If anyone is interested, they can start one. Honestly go ahead and do it. I would love to see one being made lol

Xia likes playing flute, the chinese one. just saying -whistle-

I might make my next character a performance nut and zhey may or may not start a club like that if one isn't started.
Cause unlike a band where there's a set number of people and only certain instruments...a glee/music club would mean everyone got to perform from time to time...and there'd be more singing.
I wonder if the drama club would also serve as this now that I think about it..( makes not to ask Hitsukei)
Marcus likes percusion rn and will pick up guitar in his later years around the academy.
Maybe he and Xia can be music/jamming/aspiring rangers/pokemon watching/buds?....if she'd want to? >>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 pm
So ideas for Marcus team include a rain team mostly made of water types or a team of sweepers to supplement Slakoth's truant.
I also really like the idea of hom having predator pojemon/ pokemon that most people are afraid of (he'd love to teach about them)
Any ideas? I feel like I'm the only one without a dream team ( I've never made a team nefore and literally just got into smogon/showdown)  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:52 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
So ideas for Marcus team include a rain team mostly made of water types or a team of sweepers to supplement Slakoth's truant.
I also really like the idea of hom having predator pojemon/ pokemon that most people are afraid of (he'd love to teach about them)
Any ideas? I feel like I'm the only one without a dream team ( I've never made a team nefore and literally just got into smogon/showdown)

At least for me in making "dream teams" for Ava and Nirav, I took into account interest instead of whether or not the team is viable in battle/coordination, as well as the fact that it is subject to change overtime

Like, Ava is super into bugs right now.
Yeah, one fire pokemon could completely wreck her team, but it's just what she's into at the moment.
Someone in the RP might come along and convince her otherwise, but in this moment as a 10 year old, she'd only ever want to raise bug pokemon and be super happy with that

Nirav doesn't think much to the distant future, so his team is kinda random in comparison to Ava's
More so focusing on pokemon/types he normally wouldn't see from home
Or stuff that just looks weird enough to get his attention
But then there is stuff that also kinda reminds him of home -- Water pokemon like Kingdra,
Or brightly/Oddly colored pokemon that remind him of patterns and fabric back home like Sylveon or Drifloon
His household were basically seamstresses and fishermen, so it makes sense from that angle, at least to me.

Personally, I think it's good to keep in mind various types of pokemon a character would be interested in catching/working with.
However, I also feel like you also gotta account for the fact that it could very well change in a couple of years whether that is planned deliberately by the RPer or just happens as you continue RPing, and the fact that they are only 10 or 11
And that's kinda how I handle the whole dream team thing

I'm not much for making battle teams either, but I have used showdown to battle friends years ago
I had a team with a Muk and I had it learn the move "Attract" cause I thought it was really funny
and it totally was  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:37 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

I'm not really planning my pokes, cause you never know what will come up. For Josh my plan had kind of focused on something like a poke ranger that deals with pokes like tyrannitar and gyrados  

Xaven the Raven

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:38 pm
DJ Double B
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

At least for me in making "dream teams" for Ava and Nirav, I took into account interest instead of whether or not the team is viable in battle/coordination, as well as the fact that it is subject to change overtime

Yeah, one fire pokemon could completely wreck her team, but it's just what she's into at the moment.
Someone in the RP might come along and convince her otherwise, but in this moment as a 10 year old, she'd only ever want to raise bug pokemon and be super happy with that

Nirav doesn't think much to the distant future, so his team is kinda random in comparison to Ava's
But then there is stuff that also kinda reminds him of home -- Water pokemon like Kingdra,
Or brightly/Oddly colored pokemon that remind him of patterns and fabric back home like Sylveon or Drifloon
His household were basically seamstresses and fishermen, so it makes sense from that angle, at least to me.

Personally, I think it's good to keep in mind various types of pokemon a character would be interested in catching/working with.
However, I also feel like you also gotta account for the fact that it could very well change in a couple of years whether that is planned deliberately by the RPer or just happens as you continue RPing, and the fact that they are only 10 or 11

I'm not much for making battle teams either, but I have used showdown to battle friends years ago
I had a team with a Muk and I had it learn the move "Attract" cause I thought it was really funny
and it totally was

I agree with this  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:30 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

I might make my next character a performance nut and zhey may or may not start a club like that if one isn't started.
Cause unlike a band where there's a set number of people and only certain instruments...a glee/music club would mean everyone got to perform from time to time...and there'd be more singing.
I wonder if the drama club would also serve as this now that I think about it..( makes not to ask Hitsukei)

Actually imo, I think it's more of drama club's performance than music club's. Besides, if one were to be made, the two would probably be finding themselves competing against each other on a stage often than not.

I like the idea of creating a band because of the focus on the friendship between limited number of members. United by their love for music or musical instrument and performed just because they feel like it. Not for fame, reputation, or money.

Wait, money will be a good excuse for Aiden to take interest in music, maybe picking up a guitar.....mhmmmmm (evil plan in the making)

Quote:
Marcus likes percusion rn and will pick up guitar in his later years around the academy.
Maybe he and Xia can be music/jamming/aspiring rangers/pokemon watching/buds?....if she'd want to? >>

xD sure. In case you're wondering, Xia isn't mad at Marcus...yet. That really depends on what you and Fox plan to do for the future. Currently Xia only knew about the argument that happened between the two and something about Ray avoiding her. Friends not really seeing eyes to eyes in a few things are normal in her mind. They just have to talk; that's all.

But don't go and physically hurt Koru (punch, kick, etc). Xia grew up having wild pokemon as her playmates, always playing in the forest, and really doing many things children are told not to do.

Let's just say that the nice one is always the scariest. heart

Xiatian Li
Crew

Cheery Otaku

9,750 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Animal 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Xiatian Li
Crew

Cheery Otaku

9,750 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Animal 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:50 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Pffft! I've finished with mine. I actually made two teams but I decided to go with this one mostly because my friends said this set suit her the most. It's not easy to make a good team for a character, I would say. I've had only played Red, Yellow and Emerald, so I'm not very familiar with the rest. How did I come up with this team? I pretty much look at the final result--basically her adult self. Then I'll work my way to reach that goal.

You're not the one making a dream team. Spazz and Fox did too and I'm working on Aiden's dream team. Not sure what it would be yet, but definitely going to catch a buneary for him. Don't care if he doesn't like it. I WILL. WAHAHAHAHAHA. Though, I'm not really a fan of bunny.

Really, DJ's advice is pretty good. You can do as she said if you want. 83  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:08 pm
Xiatian Li
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Actually imo, I think it's more of drama club's performance than music club's. Besides, if one were to be made, the two would probably be finding themselves competing against each other on a stage often than not.

I like the idea of creating a band because of the focus on the friendship between limited number of members. United by their love for music or musical instrument and performed just because they feel like it. Not for fame, reputation, or money.

Wait, money will be a good excuse for Aiden to take interest in music, maybe picking up a guitar.....mhmmmmm (evil plan in the making)

Quote:

xD sure. In case you're wondering, Xia isn't mad at Marcus...yet. That really depends on what you and Fox plan to do for the future. Currently Xia only knew about the argument that happened between the two and something about Ray avoiding her. Friends not really seeing eyes to eyes in a few things are normal in her mind. They just have to talk; that's all.

But don't go and physically hurt Koru (punch, kick, etc). Xia grew up having wild pokemon as her playmates, always playing in the forest, and really doing many things children are told not to do.

Let's just say that the nice one is always the scariest. heart

Well Marcus doesn't consider Koru exactly a friend but he is and will be sorry that he hurt her ( they'll go from acquaintances to rivals to possibly friends later lol) but he'll certainly appreciate Xia's friendships. I actually think he may even want to be her friend if the two talked at all before the festival ( since they have both classes together)
Maybe they can get to know each other in photomania club ^^
That and they're both friends with Ashley now.
Marcus wouldn't raise his hand against a classmate he knows better. He's just a bit annoyed at Koru and is avoiding her cause of Ray avoiding her...he's also sad Ava's mad at her and is avoiding her too so he'll be happy Xia's cool with him.
And he also grew up right next to Eterna forest and doing things kids probably shouldn't do maybe they can bond over that ( he knows how to track and is as likely to climb and explore as Xia is)  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:09 pm
Xiatian Li
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Pffft! I've finished with mine. I actually made two teams but I decided to go with this one mostly because my friends said this set suit her the most. It's not easy to make a good team for a character, I would say. I've had only played Red, Yellow and Emerald, so I'm not very familiar with the rest. How did I come up with this team? I pretty much look at the final result--basically her adult self. Then I'll work my way to reach that goal.

You're not the one making a dream team. Spazz and Fox did too and I'm working on Aiden's dream team. Not sure what it would be yet, but definitely going to catch a buneary for him. Don't care if he doesn't like it. I WILL. WAHAHAHAHAHA. Though, I'm not really a fan of bunny.

Really, DJ's advice is pretty good. You can do as she said if you want. 83

Um I actually HAVEN'T made a dream team I was saying I feel like I'm the only who hasn't.
Marcus just likes too many pokemon the closest I could come was a wishlist crying  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Um I actually HAVEN'T made a dream team I was saying I feel like I'm the only who hasn't.
Marcus just likes too many pokemon the closest I could come was a wishlist crying

Oh, my apologies. My eyes aren't working at their best. They saw 'with' instead of 'without'. My bad.

Xia likes all pokemon; they are her friends. The only problem I have is the catching part. 'Cause this girl isn't going to catch any if not forced by the situation. I would have to be creative of her encounter with one of her future team members and decide what factor that makes her decide to capture them.

Wish I could help you with Marcus, but I guess I don't understand him as much as you do. sweatdrop  

Xiatian Li
Crew

Cheery Otaku

9,750 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Animal 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:45 pm
DJ Double B
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

and it totally was

Thanks for the advice. ^^
I made a wishlist so I kinda have some idea the kind of pokemon he would catch..mostly he's looking at predator pokemon..pokemon who would scare people because he thinks they're cool..also pokemon who come with a little tidbit of trivia
It's definitely more than six thou sweatdrop
So far I have these ideas
A Team to counter balance Valiant's truant
Slaking -Pelliper-Jumpluff-Carracosta-Seismitoad

Team Rain Dance ( he may even call it that cause he's a silly boy)
Slaking Swanna Arbok Salamence Lanturn Kingdra

Team for Exploring
Flygon Carracosta Raichu Abomasnow Liligant Sentret

I don't think the last is that likely tho cause he'd have to get rid of Valiant and he already used up his pokeballs.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:48 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Well Marcus doesn't consider Koru exactly a friend but he is and will be sorry that he hurt her ( they'll go from acquaintances to rivals to possibly friends later lol) but he'll certainly appreciate Xia's friendships. I actually think he may even want to be her friend if the two talked at all before the festival ( since they have both classes together)
Marcus wouldn't raise his hand against a classmate he knows better. He's just a bit annoyed at Koru and is avoiding her cause of Ray avoiding her...he's also sad Ava's mad at her and is avoiding her too so he'll be happy Xia's cool with him.
And he also grew up right next to Eterna forest and doing things kids probably shouldn't do maybe they can bond over that ( he knows how to track and is as likely to climb and explore as Xia is)

Actually I'm looking forward to their interaction. Honestly I'm just waiting for the right time where the two finally really talked. (by that, I mean rping it out, not something happened during the time-skip ^^)
I really didn't know that Marcus is a member of the club too until you mentioned it in OOC. And sure. Good opportunity to meet new friends owo

Xia is okay with him alright, but she would be sad if her friends don't solve their on-going problem.  

Xiatian Li
Crew

Cheery Otaku

9,750 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Party Animal 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 pm
Xiatian Li
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Actually I'm looking forward to their interaction. Honestly I'm just waiting for the right time where the two finally really talked. (by that, I mean rping it out, not something happened during the time-skip ^^)
I really didn't know that Marcus is a member of the club too until you mentioned it in OOC. And sure. Good opportunity to meet new friends owo

Xia is okay with him alright, but she would be sad if her friends don't solve their on-going problem.

I mean they will eventually. Marcus does need a friend though he'd be scared she hates him cause Ava and Koru are both mad at him rn. He'll be glad for her company
I'm so excited about this
SpazzticPanda1311

Also I'm qouting spazz cause oh my lord poor Ray. I can see both Marcus and Xia doing just all this stuff to get good shots ( since they both grew up watching/mimicking pokemon) like Marcus would straight up follow pokemon into shaky trees and climb things...he grew up with a forest as a backyard XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:34 am
Hope the kind

User Image

So I got Gimp and I did a thing.
I have absolutely no self control  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 am
DJ Double B

Awesome -- I replied a little while ago
Next day sounds good

I'm just kinda going based on what they would like
What Nirav would catch is a lot harder to think about than Ava, but I think it'd be more stuff he usually doesn't see or things that look kinda weird or cool
Ava's little dream team is currently just bugs cause it's what she's hardcore into
If either would be concerned about countering, it'd be Nirav
Ava's just doing her thing for now

I see.
sometimes, it is best to go with what your character happens to pick up.
I think, it gets easier when you have more pokemon as your choice get narrowed down.
for me at least, since I am rather concerned with the whole 'balanced' team.
I do prefer to cover weakness and have way to deal with various typing.
Cyril has a dream team set up, but it's going to change soon.
I may want to add in that alolan ninetales once it's officially comes out.  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games