Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 am
((No, as I said in the first post with a map they are on the way towards the fight, although they don't know it yet, and you will join at the beginning of the fourth round. You are following the kobold atm, and in the next post I do I am going to describe the rooms you are going through))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am
The Humans were attacking them! That meant Cain got to throw his dagger! In all his excitement he let go too fast and the knife rocketed to the ceiling. Instead he ran forward, pulling out his sword as he went. Cain wanted to get this human on his own...

[[I have 7(out of 8 ) surges left. =) ]]

Quote:
Move:
2W, 1NW

Minor:
Take out sword

Standard:
Sequestering Strike vs G1
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC= 16/12
Edit:
Forgot I didn't have a sword equipped, so ignore the second roll as he's not oathed yet.

2d10+6=21 damage and I teleport him up to four squares [3NW,1W to 5B] and teleport to a space adjacent [4B].

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:33 am
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14-
A-W--A--L--L---------W--A--L--L--W---A---L---L--A
B-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--B
C-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--C
D-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--D
E-------------------------G1-C------------------E
F-------------------------D--Gr-----------------F
G-W-----------------------CB-----W---A---L---L--G
H-A-----------------------H------W---A---L---L--H
I-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--I
J-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--J
K-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--K
L-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--L

Initiative Order
1. Captain Basch: 58 damage
2. Guardsman 1: 9 damage
3. Guardsman 2: 45 damage, bloodied
4. Hars: 6/50hp, bloodied and marked by Captain Basch Initiative
5. Cain: 32/50hp, marked by G2
6. Daelos 15 damage, dazed (save ends) marked by Captain Basch
7. Grashuk: 31/45hp, marked by Captain Basch

Not liking how she had been treated by the humans, Hars executes an acrobatic flip over their heads. As she is upside down, her blade comes swinging towards one of their heads, but said head manages to move out of the way. As Hars lands she narrows her eyes and lashes out quickly, her blade connects viciously with the humans back and he shrieks out in pain! ((Btw, I had a look Hars, and Dual Strike cannot be used against the same target. You must attack two different targets with each attack))

After his dissapointing dagger throw, Cain charge forward, drew his sword and stuck it in the guard....! Well, what actually happened was it got caught underneath the guards arm, and it only looked like it had gone through his body. Cain withdrew his weapon and saw the truth as the guard wiped sweat from his forehead.

Daelos decides to go straight for the heavily armoured Captain. But there were soldiers in the way... no bother, the Bloodstone Stalker jumps forward and rolls, before spinning on his back and launching himself over any stray blades, landing next to the Captain. Daelos gives the human a cocky grin before beginning his dagger assault. It starts off poorly though, getting a dagger through plate armour can be pretty tough.

Grashuk took his job as protector of the group very seriously, and he was annoyed at himself for allowing Hars to get so ******** so early on in the fight. And so he struck out at the human between himself and the changeling, unfortunately he failed to give her the chance to attack him again...mainly because the Bugbear had just decapitated the poor fellow, and his head was now rolling across the floor towards Hars' feet.

Captain Basch let out a loud groan, "Another man down! Garr, I'll get demoted for this!" In his anger he lifted his flail and stepped to where his guard was standing mere moments ago. When he was in position, he swung his flail violently around his body, attacking everyone bar Cain. His flail smacks Daelos right upside the head, dazing the poor elf! ((Finally, my critical hit table has come into play! I've rolled badly for every crit up until now)) His heavy spiked weapon also manages to knock a chunk or two out of Grashuk and Hars, the latter of the two not looking good at all!

The final guard lifts his longsword and strikes out at the Kenku who had just appeared in front of him, he takes a puff of feathers off of Cain as he hits him for 13 (max!) damage and marks him.

Gerash and Pelloth, the kobold leads you away from his room, and you turn right. Heading through a door, you find yourself in a short corridor that ends at another door, opening it you enter a room with two other doors leading away from it, an open trapdoor in the ceiling and a corridor to the left. Seemingly ignoring everything else, the kobolds head straight across the room and begins making his way down a long corridor. He turns to you and says, "I hear battle..."

Hars, Cain and Grashuk go!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:44 am
The b*****d! He was only pretending to be hurt! Then he REALLY hurt Cain. That wasn't fair. Well Cain would have to get him on his own to make sure he wasn't going to cheat anymore.

Quote:
Move:
Shift NW

Minor:
Oath G1

Standard:
Overwhelming Strike vs G1
+12 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh, 3CA]vsAC= 22/15
1d10+6=8 damage and I shift 1 [N], sliding him into the square I occupied.

Man, Dice roller really doesn't Insane, Evil Kenkus. =/

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:39 am
Hars would love to drop some sneak attack damage on this guy, but instead she'll second wind since nobody thought she was worth healing last round.

Hars keeps her blades trained on the human and tries to regain her composure, tightening her stance and breathing through her nose.((Second wind, 12 hp regained, +2 to all saves))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:31 am
"Just keep going. As long as you don't do anything stupid we'll keep you alive," Gerash informed the kobold. The open trap door made it pretty clear someone was here, the wizard just hoped it was someone they knew and not someone they'd have to kill. He wanted to get the trip through these tunnels over with.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 am
Pelloth was glad he was in the dark, because he couldn't help grinning at what the wizard just said when thinking about what had happened in the previous room.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm
Grashuk was not impressed by this human. Nor was he entertained by the fact that he came very close to killing off one of the bugbear's men. "Human Captain; though you seem to know how to use that weapon of yours, you do not yet realize what a terrible mistake you have made."

To emphasize the point, Grashuk would slash at the captain's arm, hampering his ability to protect himself. Know it was time to tend to the dual-blade warrior; s/he was always getting her/himself hurt, it seemed...

"Hars! Know would be a good chance to tear this bloke's arm off, if you wouldn't mind."

Quote:
Standard Action: Warlord's Favor on CB. 26 vs. AC; 15 damage, and (Hars) gains a +4 to attack against the target until the end of my next turn.
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Hars. Surge +1d6(5) healing.

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:18 pm
A-W--A--L--L--------W--A--L--L---W---A---L---L--A
C-L-----------------------C------W---A---L---L--C
D-L-----------------------G1-----W---A---L---L--D
E-----------------------------------------------E
F----------------------CB-D--Gr-----------------F
G-W------------------------------W---A---L---L--G
H-A-----------------------H------W---A---L---L--H

Initiative Order
1. Captain Basch: 73 damage, bloodied
2. Guardsman 1: 17 damage Oath'ed
3. Guardsman 2: 45 damage, bloodied
4. Hars: 35/50hp, +2 to all defenses, +4 to her next attack against Captain Basch Initiative
5. Cain: 20/50hp, bloodied
6. Daelos 15 damage, dazed (save ends)
7. Grashuk: 23/45hp,

Hars was annoyed at her apparent lack of importance to her allies, and so spent a few seconds sorting herself out and trying to avoid getting hit again.

Cain, angered by the cut on his flesh nimbly stepped into an advantageous position and sliced the human's stomach. As the human bent over, Cain grabbed his hair and dragged him a few feet away from the other fighters, all the better to deal with him.

Daelos, reeling from the blow the Captain gave him a few seconds ago only had the energy to give Basch a quick strike in a weak spot. But in his dazed condition, the dagger narrowly missed piercing the soldiers armour and finding the soft flesh beneath. He also couldn't shake the blow from his mind.

Grashuk focused the next few important seconds of the battle on helping Hars. Firstly, he tore a chunk of bloody flesh from the Captain's arm, which gave the changeling the opportunity to attack him with ease. And he also perked her up a bit, allowing her to further heal her wounds.

"You will regret that Bugbear..." snarled Captain Basch, "Let's see how well you fare with your guts hanging out." And with that, his flail which had been 'revved up' a couple of times came swinging like an uppercut into Grashuk's stomach. But, the Bugbear has a very resilient gut protected by thick armour, and the blow was only a minor one, dealing 8 damage. The Captain grunted with displeasure as he stepped out of his bad position.

The guardsman fighting Cain seems to be driven to great swordplay by his fear. Despite sweat dripping down his face and worry in his eyes, he gets another good solid hit on the Kenku. This time his sword comes out of Cains chest covered in blood.

Gerash and Pelloth follow the kobold down the corridor, and before long they do indeed see a battle. One being fought between two humans and Grashuk, Hars, Cain and Daelos! Roll Initiative Pelloth, Gerash already has at 14, and you will join the battle next round! (after the PC's have gone.)

Hars, Cain and Grashuk go!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 am
Grashuk sneered at Daelos' back, eager to get back into touch with his human opponent. Stepping around the elf, the Bugbear would lean in close to the captain, his face a completely blank slate. "And tell me just how you intend to gut me with that heavy stick of yours, foolish man."

He would swivel back on his left foot, putting just enough room between man and beast for the Warlord to attack. He would stab down at the man's foot, hoping to convince the human that moving away again would be a very bad idea.

Over his shoulder, Grashuk would shout to Cain: "Make quick work of that guy, would you Cain? The faster we can move on from here, the better."

Quote:
Move Action: Shift 1 square NW
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on CB. 24 vs. AC; 11 damage, and if the target shifts before the start of my next turn, it provokes an OA from an ally of my choice (Hars).
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Cain. Surge +1d6(6).

iDragow

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 am
Reinvigorated, Hars circles around ((move to F7 without provoking OA from CB)) in order to tighten her position against the human. With Daelos and Grashuk coordinating with her blows, she drives her blade deeply into the pompous warrior.
((Melee basic +11 +2 flanking +4 warlord's favor @24 vs AC. Sneak attack expended, 18 damage and CB is marked))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am
Cain started laughing hysterically as the human drew blood from him. Taking one finger, he stuck it into the wound. With his finger covered in his blood, he put it into his beak, messily sucking it clean before manically cackling once more.

Quote:
Standard:
Bond of Pursuit vs G1
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC= 21/17
1d10+6=16 damage and blah blah blah.

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:48 am
D-L-----------------------G1-----W---A---L---L--D
E-------------------------Gr-----------------P--E
F-------------------H--CB-D------------------Ge-F
H-A------------------------------W---A---L---L--H

Initiative Order
1. Pelloth: 44/44hp, Initiative
2. Captain Basch: 73 damage, marked by Hars and will provoke an OA from her if he shifts next turn, bloodied
3. Guardsman 1: 33 damage, Oath'ed, bloodied
4. Guardsman 2: 45 damage, bloodied
5. Hars: 35/50hp,
6. Gerash: 37/39hp,
7. Cain: 38/50hp,
8. Daelos 15 damage, prone
9. Grashuk: 23/45hp,

Hars gave her enemy a wide berth as she snuck up on him. But even with the direction from Grashuk, Hars doesn't manage to get her sword through the Captain's thick plate armour. ((Sorry but Daelos is dazed and thus can't flank with you. Which means that with a minus two, your sword doesn't penetrate the Captain's defenses; you still have sneak attack)).

The only other remaining human then got a bit of a fright as Cain consumed his own blood before knocking aside the humans sword and driving his own deep into the guards stomach. The guard coughs up blood and his eyes show great fear as he barely manages to keep his sword up.

Still dazed, Daelos grits his teeth and swipes his dagger at the Captain's throat. But he slips on an uneven bit of flooring and falls down! (Crit Miss...) Cursing, he at least shrugs off his dazing headache.

Grashuk shakes his head as he steps past the prone Daelos; so much for the Bloodstone Stalkers reputation eh? Using the distractions all around the Captain, Grashuk just manages to stick his sword in the humans foot, causing a howl of pain. He then gives Cain a bit of inspiration which allows the Kenku to regain some valuable vitality.

With the fight raging, Pelloth and Gerash arrive on the scene! Their kobold minion hides in the shadows of the corridor just behind them as they head on into the fight.

Pelloth, go!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:55 pm
Pelloth waltzed in the room, and saw the only person that he actually enjoyed being around, and moved to her aid first. With a snide "Start the party without us?" before cursing the captain and firing off a blast that just sizzled right past.

Quote:
Move: move to H9

Minor: Curse CB

Standard: Eldritch Blast on CB...and with a 11 v Ref, i'm pretty sure i missed

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:13 am
D-L------------------------------W---A---L---L--D
E-------------------------Gr--------------------E
F-------------------H--CB-D------------------Ge-F
H-A-----------------------P------W---A---L---L--H

Initiative Order
1. Pelloth: 44/44hp,
2. Captain Basch: 73 damage, marked by Hars, cursed bloodied
3. Guardsman 1: 33 damage, Oath'ed, bloodied
4. Guardsman 2: 45 damage, bloodied
5. Hars: 25/50hp, marked by Basch, bloodied Initiative
6. Gerash: 37/39hp,
7. Cain: 38/50hp,
8. Daelos 15 damage, prone
9. Grashuk: 23/45hp,

Pelloth entered the room and shot his patented Eldritch Blast. And it did indeed sail past the Captain, who barely noticed the attack, but did notice the two newcomers...

"What the ******** is this? Bugbear, Elf, Kenku, Drow and....what the hell are you?! Oh no, you're all from Ravenholm aren't you!" With a heave, Captain Basch swung his flail around his body, attacking Daelos, Grashuk and Hars. Daelos was too low and the Captain's flail barely past over the elf's face as it swung...and clattered into Grashuks shield, before gaining momentum, and smacking Hars in her arm! She takes 10 damage, is bloodied and marked! Captain Basch realises he is in a grim situation, but seeing Hars' careful eye on his every move, he stays put and hopes to his God that his armour protects his fleshy body.

Seeing the reinforcements, the guardsmans morale fails. Dropping his weapon which clatters to the floor, he screams and attempts to flee down the west corridor. Grashuk and Cain may want to stop him though...

Opportunity Attacks with CA from Grashuk and Cain, (With Cain shifting closer to the target down the west corridor if he desires) And then everyone may go! ((And I hope I don't get confused with the order ^^))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games