Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:35 pm
diamond-stealer
Time Bandits...

Midgets freak me out…

Enough said.

rofl Thanks for the chuckle.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:12 pm
Eragon was pretty damn bad. There was a power outage in the middle of the movie right when the sword was flying tword Eragon and I laughed. Having the movie stop in the middle was the best thing that ever happened to me. I haven't even read to books and I thought it was horrible....  

vesta_vesves_star

CONVERSExo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:55 pm
Lol, I also wasn't so fond of Eragon. No offence to those who liked it.

But the way Saphira kinda grew up within 15 seconds, and Arya bugged me. The whole thing wasn't as epic as it was supposed to be. THey should have spent more money on it XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:32 am
Fantasy Movies I Hate:

Eragon = SUCKFEST!

Dragonheart= PUTS ME TO SLEEP  

asgre chan caddug

Luscara

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:07 am
For me it's a tie between the glitter-tastic Legend w/ Tom Cruise and Tim Curry and Sci-Fi's awful Amber Benson romp Attack of the Gyphon...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 pm
I'm not sure if I can classify Jurassic Park as fantasy, but anyway, it sucked. Like, it was the worst crap I've seen in my entire life.

Superman, too, if I may add. xd  

hilaire11

cycozombie4

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:14 pm
Eragon was boring. And the 3rd to the 5th Harry Potter movies cut all the important bits out, and left the crappy bits in.... Grrr....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:32 am
cycozombie4
Eragon was boring. And the 3rd to the 5th Harry Potter movies cut all the important bits out, and left the crappy bits in.... Grrr....

Oh, thanks for reminding me! Yes the harry potter movies ate at the top of my steaming piles of crap list. With the exceptions of the first and second. And that's only because The first one had alchemy in it and the second one had Fauxes (I dun remember how to spell it sad )  

Ursano

mystic kitty kat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 am
a lot of movies that were based on books suck. I think it is because a book is a lot longer and anyway, movies always have to have this soppy trying-to-make-you-cry ending and only some books have that. Even Harry Potter (number one for example) skipped all the main bits and instead concentrated on the 'boo-hoo-Harry-is-all-alone-being-a-teachers-pet' bits.

but I feel a bit mean slagging off movies...
maybe I'm too nice whee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:45 pm
Blood and Chocolate... But that's only if you compare it to the book. The book was SO much better, but I think the movie was awful. The only thing that made it even resemble the book, were the names of the characters. They were the same as the book and the title of the movie was the same as the book. Other than that, it was awful. Completely and totally awful.

Nightmare Loves Fishies

Lloyd_the_Pantless_Wonder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:18 pm
Living Ink
Sorceress

I cannot begin to describe how bad this movie is. But if you read the user comments on the link above, you may understand. burning_eyes

I concur! Of course, anything written or directed by Jim Wynorski is bound to fail epically.

Thanks for inviting me to the guild, by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:05 am
Slither -- the worst crap I've ever seen. The aliens just started invading the earth for no reasons, making their creepy crawlies attack humans and then turn them into blood sucking monsters -- and the main character kisses her monstrous husband [believe me, the scene was disgusting] who is the cause of all this horror?!

scream I hate Jurassic Park the Lost World too. The dinosaurs attacks the city, L.O.L. The book is so much better, according to my sister. But I don't have to read it to know that the J.P.L.W the movie isn't good.

Am I over reacting? Sorry. sweatdrop  

ladyyk

ipod killa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:51 am
Lonelycry
I have to say Eragon.I read the books of the Inheritace trilogy and all the most important parts were cut out.It was nothing like the book at all,I wanted to throw my slushie in Brom's face.

you know i agree
infact (the program location is lost to me de to complications) i made a animation where bacicly the movie producers threw eregon the book on the ground and ran it over with a lawn mower before picking up the reamanes and theres the script  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:59 pm
Eragon. worst. movie. ever. mostly because it was not the book. at all. spoilers, I guess.

one: brom was old in the book. he wasn't in the movie. I mean OLD. like, well over a hundred years. he looked just barely outside of his prime in the movie.
B... no, wait second: the razak LIVED through not only the first book, but also the second. they died halfway through the movie. I think FOX knew that the movie wouldn't work, so they didn't even try to keep the plot in tact.
third or C: they shortness. or rather, the quickness. they jumped through way too much. the first book took place over more than a year, IIRC. the movie made it look like a month at most. because of the sheer amount of time required, I am FINE with making those long nothing-of-importance sections shorter, but a montage wouldn't hurt, considering the circumstances.
and finally or D: everything else. the shade can't fly, his skin wasn't white enough in the beginning, Saphira's wings had feathers, the fight at the end was a war of attrition, followed by about 2 minutes, at most, against the shade in totally failed combat.  

Zimmian Zisk

booksquirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:29 pm
Lonelycry
I have to say Eragon.I read the books of the Inheritace trilogy and all the most important parts were cut out.It was nothing like the book at all,I wanted to throw my slushie in Brom's face.

Eragon was my least favorite as well, mostly it was the way they aged Saphira with the lightning pissed me off. Also the wide sweeing shots of their journey, it was similar to LOTR and didn't fit.

75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff