Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 pm
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Im sorry, i just dont see it. If there was, wheres the proof? and if there is global warming, it wont affect me.

umm... yea. Watch the movie An Inconvient Truth.

I've been reading about Global warming for YEARS now. It's nothing new or recent. Everything he says in An Inconvient Truth is true and accurate and totally unbiased. Watch it.

I dont go off movies for scientific truth, i go off evidence. The tempreture going up, what, a 1-2 degrees across the planet? That dosent constitute global warming....and thats probly just due to someone breaking the interdimensinal barrier a few times to many....sorry, got off track there
A question for you, would more carbon in a jar when directed at sunlight as a jar with are regualur atmosphere heat up faster or will it be the same as the jar with the normal air? Now what hapens if unlocked carbon which the sole reason why we are not like the planet Venus because Earth contained it. Now the tundra perfrost is melting; carbon is being realsed does that constitute as something unusual? Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?

Thats a very complicated question, and id like to direct you to a certain part.
Earth does have its warming cycles and cooling cycles but chemo-induced cycle constitute as one?
you just said We have our cooling and warming cycles. Chemo induced im guessing here, means that it was induced by chemicals, which is highly unlikely. And, back to this, the temperature has only risen 1/2 a degree, not exactly devestaiting
Of course it has cycles, its proven from core sampling, though global warming is taken out of contexts, though reduction of carbon would slow the process down, which should be done. My concern is more on carflourichydrates that hurts the ozone than carbon. Global warming means heat is trapped in the atmosphere and not into space were it warms the Earth. If I recall Earth has warmed two degrees not by humans but by volcanoes in the last two hundred years, which should be taken into account. Oil burned and carbon released is chemo induced so and any other man made carbon product thats unnatural.

If it takes 100 years to rise one degree, why are we worried?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 pm
It's not warming the same amount over all the earth. It's only one or 2 degrees at the equation, but it's like 14-15 degrees at the poles. That's what's dangerous. If we get the polar caps melting then there's many many problems that will arise from that and make our lives very very difficult.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:04 am
AstronomyGirl
It's not warming the same amount over all the earth. It's only one or 2 degrees at the equation, but it's like 14-15 degrees at the poles. That's what's dangerous. If we get the polar caps melting then there's many many problems that will arise from that and make our lives very very difficult.

IF that were happeing, then it wouldnt be in the short term. Dont get me wrong, im all for these new solar corn cars and stuff, but there so much at the caps, its not all going to melt, and we can all move to texas and the four corners and china, lots of area there to inhabit  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:15 pm
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl

IF that were happeing, then it wouldnt be in the short term. Dont get me wrong, im all for these new solar corn cars and stuff, but there so much at the caps, its not all going to melt, and we can all move to texas and the four corners and china, lots of area there to inhabit
Expect weather change, the US Dept. issued thing on weather change and states of water storages in the south west. Actually we have chemicals that were banned that actually cooled Earth rather than warm it that were banned in the 1980's. thought that was on interest to a few.  

UF6

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:57 pm
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl

Expect weather change, the US Dept. issued thing on weather change and states of water storages in the south west. Actually we have chemicals that were banned that actually cooled Earth rather than warm it that were banned in the 1980's. thought that was on interest to a few.

Yeah, thats interesting. note: This is the coldest April in 113 years  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl

Also not how very little rain we had in April.  

UF6

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 am
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl

Also not how very little rain we had in April.

That has nothing to do with global warming. And forget rain, there was snow.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:37 am
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
Oh yes, globbal warming, its what caused the massive snow fall in New york, colorado, and various other places. From my stand point, it seems more like global cooling

there may be local areas where it gets colder and thus snow, but the overall trend of the planet is warmer.

Im sorry, i just dont see it. the word 'global' institutes that all of the earth is warming, which is not the case.

Yes like I said. Overall the globe is warming. Just cause the whole earth is warming though, you can still get local minimums, aka areas where the temperature cools.

BAH! It's simple calculus... global vs local minimums and maximums.... it's a really simple concept.

Im sorry, i just dont see it. If there was, wheres the proof? and if there is global warming, it wont affect me.

I've been reading about Global warming for YEARS now. It's nothing new or recent. Everything he says in An Inconvient Truth is true and accurate and totally unbiased. Watch it.

acctually the UN in its report had one or two conflicting facts, some thing like 20 feet to 20 inches. go to the facts for your answer pls. al gore is a politition, and politics is ALWAYSE biased. don't trust a movie alone. It's never good when science is poitisised. Just double check your facts. hollywood and gore aren't scientists.  

soviet-endlesswaltz

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:15 pm
soviet-endlesswaltz
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Im sorry, i just dont see it. the word 'global' institutes that all of the earth is warming, which is not the case.

Yes like I said. Overall the globe is warming. Just cause the whole earth is warming though, you can still get local minimums, aka areas where the temperature cools.

BAH! It's simple calculus... global vs local minimums and maximums.... it's a really simple concept.

acctually the UN in its report had one or two conflicting facts, some thing like 20 feet to 20 inches. go to the facts for your answer pls. al gore is a politition, and politics is ALWAYSE biased. don't trust a movie alone. It's never good when science is poitisised. Just double check your facts. hollywood and gore aren't scientists.

I AM a scientist. I've been hearing about and learning about global warming for years. The general ideas that he is presenting, and all the graphs, are correct. I have checked.
Don't trust anything from the popular press. (not saying the UN is, just saying in general) Look to scientific papers that have been published by credible experts in the feild.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:28 pm
AstronomyGirl
soviet-endlesswaltz
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

I AM a scientist. I've been hearing about and learning about global warming for years. The general ideas that he is presenting, and all the graphs, are correct. I have checked.
Don't trust anything from the popular press. (not saying the UN is, just saying in general) Look to scientific papers that have been published by credible experts in the feild.

No one here is a scientist. We might aspire, but we're not. Listen to Rush Limbaugh, [more fun the a human being should be aloud to have] He has the facts, he knows whats going on. And scientists have been wrong and many many occasions, through out history, so i wouldnt trust them as much unless i can see the results and findings, which i cant in this case. Not to mention that the global warming people have filp floped how many times?  

Kurzon_Dax

UF6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:05 pm
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
soviet-endlesswaltz
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

No one here is a scientist. We might aspire, but we're not. Listen to Rush Limbaugh, [more fun the a human being should be aloud to have] He has the facts, he knows whats going on. And scientists have been wrong and many many occasions, through out history, so i wouldnt trust them as much unless i can see the results and findings, which i cant in this case. Not to mention that the global warming people have filp floped how many times?
Since the 1960's have they been saying it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:24 pm
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
soviet-endlesswaltz
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

That was random  

Kurzon_Dax

UF6

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:46 am
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
soviet-endlesswaltz

That was random
Ok I saw that Al Gore movie and it was utter bullshit, not at what he was saying but the movie himself, he never clearly stated were he got the sources from, why the information might be correct he never does. I found the movie talking more about him than global warming itself, it's only good if you have no idea whats its all about. and he fails to state the natural global warming and how this century has be en a lot volcanic activity.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:23 pm
Just to throw out an idea, The animal cycle has something like this. I forget where i got this theory but its very logical. It goes like this...When there is plenty of grass there will be a lot of antelope to eat the grass, because the antelope will reproduce and since there is plenty of food, the babies will be fed. With this the predators like lions will increase in size because of the plentiful antelope. Then the decline happens with the exseve amounts of grass the antelope will eat it much quicker thus dimishing their numbers rapidly thus in turn killing the lions. OR the lions eat to many antelope and the lions themselves die out. till the numbers are small enough so that the cycle can begin again...what does this have to do with global warming? what do people exhale? plants are the only thing that i know of that convert CO2 to O2. To put this into perspective, with the massive amounts of people living in the world today, and the destruction of the plants, do you think its just the chemicals? yes the chemicals add to the problem, but in whole people are going to cause it. That is how the cycle will happen, too many people then big flood, less people refreezing of ice caps. then the cycle begins again  

scotch0069

UF6

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:27 am
scotch0069
Just to throw out an idea, The animal cycle has something like this. I forget where i got this theory but its very logical. It goes like this...When there is plenty of grass there will be a lot of antelope to eat the grass, because the antelope will reproduce and since there is plenty of food, the babies will be fed. With this the predators like lions will increase in size because of the plentiful antelope. Then the decline happens with the exseve amounts of grass the antelope will eat it much quicker thus dimishing their numbers rapidly thus in turn killing the lions. OR the lions eat to many antelope and the lions themselves die out. till the numbers are small enough so that the cycle can begin again...what does this have to do with global warming? what do people exhale? plants are the only thing that i know of that convert CO2 to O2. To put this into perspective, with the massive amounts of people living in the world today, and the destruction of the plants, do you think its just the chemicals? yes the chemicals add to the problem, but in whole people are going to cause it. That is how the cycle will happen, too many people then big flood, less people refreezing of ice caps. then the cycle begins again
well natural disasters kill of a lot plant life along with water pollution in the oceans that kill off the algae. Also note deforestations also. So if thats not a factor then what is?  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff