Submit

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:44 pm
Not be harsh, but to put it bluntly: she may be dead.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 pm
Maybe.. But I will not allow myself to go into that state again. I just wont.

And she cant be dead, I would have found her spirit by now. Its been nearly a year of searching.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:03 am
I don't think she's dead either. More and more I think the only way to find her might be through psionic energy, as that's how she was lost.
I'm afraid though, that the price of bringing her back may be too high.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:51 pm
Hahaha! Don't be ridiculous. Besides, equivalent exchange, right? (Well, that's an alchemist thing, but I'm the general philosophy can be applied to all aspects of life.)  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:25 pm
Shes right. The price I would have to pay would be far too high... I must meditate on this more.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:14 pm
Wind to thy wings.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:23 pm
Its hard. Knowing that I could possibly save her, but also knowing that to do so would mean the deaths of others. Innocent others.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:07 pm
One friend or a dozen strangers?

sad

I do think that if you could control your powers, you might be able to bring her back without paying the price of inexperience and recklessness. If you tried now you might cost other lives and still be unsuccessful. You don't understand that part of you well enough yet, if my thoughts are correct.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:08 pm
I would most definitely pick the friend over the strangers. If few dozen people (whom you have no connection to) die, who cares. They shouldn't mean anything to you. And, think about this--what knowledge would your friend have, what experience could she share with you if you brought her back?

Kill the many, save the one. It's worth it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:21 pm
But I cant control them. Not yet. I could try, but it would jsut turn out like last time..... Id lose another friend. And how do I know that those people arent other friends? or Family? Or even either of you? I dont know.

How do I know what state she would be in? The time could have passed in a blink for her. If she came back, she might not remember anything. Or, she could know everything. Absolutely everything, and in humanly form, the body cant hold that much information. She could die instantly. And how do I know she wouldnt hold a grudge against me? Try to kill me as soon as she's free?  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 pm
I don't know why. but for some reason I think it's the "blink of an eye" theory. I think she's o.k. and should stay that way, but I don't know if the girl I saw was really her. I have no way of knowing.

The thing that gets me is, I think of losing the people who mean the most to me, my lover, my mother, my sister. All people I have had nightmares of losing...And I realize that I inflicted that pain on someone else.
That I'm lonely and miss someone, but they'll be back I'll get to hold them again. But the innocent families of the people I killed feel that loneliness so much more profoundly because they will never get to hold them again.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm
And that is why my conscience was taken away. I didnt lose it, it was removed. I often think along those lines, but dont care. If I lose someone close, I know I'll see them soon. I dont cry, I rejoice. As for those I kill, I dont care. I make sure they have a proper funeral atop a funeral pyre. (I live in Canada btw, hiding a funeral pyre is bloody hard, not to mention the smell.) That is the only respectfull way to pass.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 pm
Well, I can see how a conscience would be an impediment.

A cremation is a respectful way to dispose of a body. Also a good way to get rid of evidence.

I know that if I lost someone I'll see them again, it's just that other people don't have that comfort. I can now deal with death, but back when I had those nightmares, before my sister died, I couldn't. So I know forever what it is like for someone who is innocent to lose someone. To me, death is only fate. As much a part of life as living and just as worthy of grief. In other words, not really worthy of it at all. I'll cry a dozen times for life, but only once for death.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:07 pm
Death is part of life, people dont want to aknowledge it. I havent cried in a long time... Tears show weakness, and that is something that I cant afford.  

Iron_Felix

Karrobher

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:43 am
I'm certain that I'm way over my head but maybe she's the price you unknowingly paid for a power increase... but then again, if you didn't feel any difference in yourself, I guess she just might be too far for you to feel her. Just outside your boundaries. Like a blind spot or something.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff