Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic the Hedgehog!
  The Blue Blur!
View Results

Chao Trall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:04 pm
i think old school rules.

theres been something ive been noticing with each adding new sonic game,theyve been getting worser and worser ever since sonic heroes.
i dont know what but they have.i guess sonic heroes was too short or got really repetitive and didnt have much to do.actually, i think thats it.every sonic game after sonic hero's hasnt had much to do in there.

NEW (which sucked)
--------------------

shadow the hedgehog-the only extra things to do is unlock new weapons,find keys(which lead to cars or something thats EXTREMELY useless),and finding new endings.but those things arent as exciting as finding a chaos emerald in sonic 3.

sonic rush-all you did was beat the level and see the cutscenes,the only extra thing to do is find the chaos emeralds which are pretty useless in this game except getting all of them leads you to the final boss.

sonic hero's-just like sonic rush except it gets REALY repetitive.

OLD (which were better than new)
--------------------
there were tons of old ones and i liked all of them so ill just post my absolute favorites here

Sonic 3-i think i loved this one due to the fact that you can do debug mode(where you can mess with the levels and such),play as knuckles,sonic,and tails, and be their super forms whenever you want if requirements are met.

SA2-I LOVED THIS ONE!!! i think its because there was more to do in the chao gardens or something. it was pretty cool playing as rouge and eggman doing levels in a certain order.and two player mode was pretty neat also except that the levels were short but playing as metal sonic and a chao made up for it!.

Sonic CD- i liked this one because of the music.everything went with each other perfectly. i also liked listening to sound test mode while seeing the little animations in the background.i also liked how there was a past, present, and future levels.

Sonic shuffle-not many people liked this one for some reason and i cant understand why but i enjoyed everything from it, the mini games,the mini battle mode, and i liked how it was a board-game type of game thing(was that confusing?).its espiacially good if you have other people to play with such as sibblings.you can always play against them until they got really good and offered a real challenge.

so yeah...my little reveiw of why old school is better than new,in fact all old school games are still cool today.it seems as if they offered more challenge and/or more things to do after you beat the game.OLD SCHOOL FOR LIFE!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm
xd i loved sonic and knuckles the best xd  

moko123456789

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 pm
I haven't really played too many new Sonic games, but I have a Sega Genesis and Sega Game Gear, so I guess I prefer the Old-School Sonic the Hedgehog.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:54 pm
I prefer the old school Sonic games. I don't like the new school games that much.  

Aquatic_Denizen

Gaaraslostfriend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:18 am
I never really care about the games.as long as there good,Ill play them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:14 pm
new school is deffinatly better graphics wise but old school was cuter  

dog-mai

Ori-chan14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:55 am
New school is more awesome and better graphics but I love them both as long as its just sonic I'm glad with it  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:37 pm
I like the new-school character designs much better than the old-school, but the old-school games were much more enjoyable to play (and play again over and over). I think the Sonic games have gone downhill after SA2.

My absolute favorite is S3&K. I have the roms on my computer (and a program that combined Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles for me) since I can't hook everything up to my Genesis anymore. It's too old and freezes up at the slightest bump or touch.

The Evil Rabbit

Pton32

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:52 pm
I'm torn. I'm not much fond of the new school plots and such, although I loved Adventure 2. <3

But I will always be a fan of the super-old show and the REALLY OLD Sonic games for the Game Gear. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 pm
dog-mai
new school is deffinatly better graphics wise but old school was cuter
Just because because a game has good graphics doesn't mean It's good.  

Chao Trall

Shiny Chao

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 pm
i like both old n new skool but i prefer old skool just becuz u can never beat the classics. the're just way too much fun. that's y i got sonic mega collection plus 4 the ps2  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:42 pm
Old school sonic is the cool.
I like the sega games. Still have my brothers.
I play them and they are such a blast!  

Blackhearts-ect

Magical Poster

Deavon Kidd

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 pm
My favorite has to be old school. Even though new school looks so cool.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 am
I'm not a hardcore fan of Sonic but i do love him ^_^
i have the old sonic games for Sega game gear and i loved playing them even after i got a PS2 i still would go back and play the game gear lol but now i just have kind of stopped playing video games *sigh* but i think that the old school Sonic was awesome especially the old school cartoon show!!!! i remeber watching that when i cam back from school and even when i wasn't in school!! it was awesome. the new one seemed iffy. i wasn't able to get into it!
the way in which the old sonic looked was that he looked like a good guy. it was like you couldn't see the stuff he could do if that makes sense. he was hiding his true power *lol sorry that just sounds so cheesy lol* where the new sonic looks like a bad a** and he acts a bit more like one too...i guess what i mean is that the new sonic is a bit too cocky for me to like and enjoy lol but i still love the little blue guy ^_^
keep up the faith
Cleopatra LV Tempus

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

xXx_takashi58_xXx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:04 pm
I say old-school Sonic. Have you seen the opening of Sonic CD? That is BADASS!  
7: Sonic the Hedgehog 101

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff