Are you pentecostal?
  yes
  no
View Results

KanadajinGaijin

Big Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:02 pm
I don't deal with dead people - I don't encounter them too often. ^_^
I deal with the religious people you see wandering the streets. Those that choose not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge and wander in ignorance. Those kind of people. That kid sounds like she has an argument for her religion that's more than: "I believe, so there." That, I respect. And to be honest, I'm not big on historical figures, either. Everyone who's done great things has probably transgressed just as much. Hitler was a wonderful person, except for his bigotry. Didn't drink or smoke, was a community leader... And Roosevelt, I believe, was an alcoholic who beat his wife. History remembers their grandest contributions, not who they are. So no, your popes don't have my respect until I look into their past.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:13 am
Then be marveled by John Paul II. Since he was a child, he wanted to eb a priest. During WWII, he spent all his time either in a church, or teaching the word of God. He really was a truly great man.  

Iron_Felix

actsofanewapostle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:25 pm
I respect the memory of John Paul II but its kinda hard to respect HIM now since he's dead.
There's one thing i can't get over though, and that is the man must have encountered the truth about salvation several times throughout his life and he chose to ignore it. why question  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 pm
I cant speak for him, only he can do that, but I believe that he had true faith in God. He was a true believer, rare in these days.  

Iron_Felix

actsofanewapostle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:40 pm
very, very true, i have to agree with you there  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:11 pm
I know personally, I used to be faithfull, then I saw the truth of humanity, and the truth of God. That made me lose whatever faith I had, John Paul undouptably saw what I have seen, but he truly believed...  

Iron_Felix

itzadoozi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 pm
Not pentecostle... more Bapstist/Assemblies. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:10 pm
I'm not sure of what "pentecostal" means but I am Christian.

Very nice story, I love how children think. Plus, almost everything you see around you is carbon-based. Do you see any carbon though? There, I just supported the little girl too. =)  

KrazyKrayla

Friend of God

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:53 am
actsofanewapostle
I was wondering how many pentecostalgaians there are. Vote and post to let me know. maybe we can form a guild!

There was a little boy and a little girl in a second grade class. The teacher was trying to dissprove intelligent design. She said to the little boy,

"Billy, look out the window at the bird. Do you see God in that bird?"
-"No."
"And look at the grass. Do you see God in the grass?"
-"No."
"And look at the sky. Do you see God in the sky?"
-"No."
"Then if you can't see God in those things, he must not exist in those things."

The little girl spoke up: "Teacher can I ask Billy a question?" she replied, "Sure."

"Billy, look at our teacher. Can you see the brain in our teacher?"
-"No."
"Then according to her, if you can't see the brain in her, then it must not exist in her."

Smart little girl.

That's awesome! Bet the teacher was speechless! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:54 am
KrazyKrayla
I'm not sure of what "pentecostal" means but I am Christian.

Very nice story, I love how children think. Plus, almost everything you see around you is carbon-based. Do you see any carbon though? There, I just supported the little girl too. =)

'pentecostal' is a denomination of christianity.... 3nodding  

Friend of God

Karrobher

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:51 pm
actsofanewapostle
Jesus te ama, no?

Se bien que Jesús me ama mas que nadie en este ancho mundo... es una verdadera pena que yo no tenga la profundidad emocional como para amarlo a el. en la parabola del sembrador, soy un camino, con piedras y espigas cubriendo la tierra fertil.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:22 pm
I only know basic spanish.... I couldnt hold a conversation for my life.  

Iron_Felix

actsofanewapostle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:19 am
same here. I had to use an online translator for that one. but basically what i think he said is "Who loves me like jesus? no one in the whole wide world. Its a pain that I don't have the emotional depth to love him like that. In parable of the sower it says he sows seeds in the way, and among stones, and among weeds, and in fertile soil." So i think he wants to be the fertil soil.

Karrobher, te quieres le amo que te ama? te qieres ser la tierra fertil?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:48 pm
Yea... Interesting quotation.  

Iron_Felix

Karrobher

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:26 am
Karrobher
actsofanewapostle
Jesus te ama, no?

Se bien que Jesús me ama mas que nadie en este ancho mundo... es una verdadera pena que yo no tenga la profundidad emocional como para amarlo a el. en la parabola del sembrador, soy un camino, con piedras y espigas cubriendo la tierra fertil.

I apologize for the Spanish to all.
"I know well Jesus loves me more than anyone in this wide world... it's a real shame I don't have the emotional depht to love him back. In the sower's parable, I am a road, with stones and spiky weeds, covering precious fertile soil"

it's like 1/8 inch of soil anyway. I don't do a good Christian. Never did. simply not "feeling" anything. I accepted this as my Christian way.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff