Submit

Early pregnancy
  good
  bad
  good/bad
View Results

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 pm
I was 15 when I had my son James. I'm 17 now. My son stays at the day care center at my high school and I visit him during my lunch period so that we can eat and play together. I find nothing wrong with early pregnancy, I just find something wrong with some of the teen parents. A lot of them are irresponsible. They leave their child with a different member of their family each day so they can go out to get drunk stoned and laid. It disgusts me that they think that they can keep on doing that without any affect on their child.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:54 pm
I think people that have interests in getting drunk, stoned, and laid shouldn't be having kids, but are usually the ones that do.

Then again, one of my best friends was married and had a kid at the age of 17, she was still in school and planning military service. Kid'll be a Marine brat ^^. Stupid as I think she is for making a baby she can't support with a guy who had a history of drug/alcohol abuse, I still love her and I think she'll make a good mom.

Personally I couldn't have a kid at a young age because that would interfere. I have enough to do keeping myself alive and another person would just be an annoyance to me. I can't make plans for s*** and haven't got a clue what's going on with my life, much less keeping up with anyone else's.

I just think there's more to life than simple reproduction, and having a kid to early would get in the way of a lot of oppurtunities, but to each their own.

XEditX incidentally, how would someone who's pastimes didn't include getting laid end up with a kid anyway?  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:05 pm
You'd be surprised. I used to think I'd have a kid when I was thirty because any sooner would interfere with my life. I was wrong. Having a child has changed and matured me. Teenage parents have the same opportunities as anybody else does if they put themselves to it. Unfortunately not a lot of them do.

As for your edit comment: Rape is always a possibility.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:06 pm
Why did you have one at 15 then? Just curious, I don't really expect an answer.

I don't really plan to ever have a kid, I suppose that one day I might have one, perhaps adopt a couple. I don't intend to, but it's harder to change the future than the past.
A child forces responsibility and maturity, I hate having to clean up other people's messes.
Some things are actually excluded from kids with kids, some colleges won't take you if you have 2 kids...At least that was what my friend encountered.

I will not ever understand why anyone would keep a rape child, especially if they themselves are underage.
Academically I get it...I just can't find the same response in myself.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:39 pm
I had a child at 15 because I had sex and wouldn't allow my family to force an abortion on me. I could never kill my own child, no matter how much I hate humans. I never planned to have a kid at such a young age, but now I couldn't see going through my teen years without James. I'm not sure if I plan to go to college, but if they won't let me in because I'm a teenage parent you can be sure I will be protesting the ******** out of them.

Just because a child is a rape child doesn't mean the mother can't love it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:25 pm
I know that happens...I don't think there is much of anyone I couldn't kill. Especially a fetus.
Meat eaters kill millions of innocent, living, conscious, sentient, friendly animals every year.

To me, mass murder, torture and animal equivalents of concentration camps is slightly more inhumane than the painless in vitro euthanization of a fetus that could quite easily have spontaneously aborted itself anyway.

Since you only have one kid, I'm sure you're fine. My college even has an on-campus daycare for the student's kids.

I've managed to love people who had convinced me that they were serial killers, it's not that a kid wouldn't be lovable even if they were incredibly violent (violence is genetic, in addition to sometimes being a learned behavior), I just couldn't see keeping a kid I didn't purposely make.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:07 pm
Efstathios
I know that happens...I don't think there is much of anyone I couldn't kill. Especially a fetus.
Meat eaters kill millions of innocent, living, conscious, sentient, friendly animals every year.

To me, mass murder, torture and animal equivalents of concentration camps is slightly more inhumane than the painless in vitro euthanization of a fetus that could quite easily have spontaneously aborted itself anyway.

Since you only have one kid, I'm sure you're fine. My college even has an on-campus daycare for the student's kids.

I've managed to love people who had convinced me that they were serial killers, it's not that a kid wouldn't be lovable even if they were incredibly violent (violence is genetic, in addition to sometimes being a learned behavior), I just couldn't see keeping a kid I didn't purposely make.

I didn't purposely make James, but I still kept him. He's the only person in my life that I do/ever did/ever will love.

When you talk about meat eaters killing living creatures have you ever stopped to think that plants are, technically, living too? I have, and for this reason I am an omnivore. I figure it's either eat dirt and rocks which were never alive or eat things that were once living. Be it animal or plant.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:55 pm
I guess therein lies the difference? The person that I love was already made by someone else.
I don't have any problem with an underage mother who's still in school and who is responsible and taking good care of her kid. It's just not a choice that I would make myself.

Fruitarians actually don't kill plants either, they only eat things that can be taken without harming the plant.
I recall saying that I'm against hurting other beings, plants don't have nerves so I don't think they suffer as much. I don't have any problem with animals being killed in accordance with kosher slaughter laws (Which require that the animal be killed alone by a single clean slice to the throat and are allowed to bleed to death before being dismantled. Normal slaughter allows living, conscious animals to go through the line). Animal products are also incredibly unhealthy. Like all things though, it's a personal choice and I'm not saying you should stop eating animal bits.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Starbranded

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:22 am
It's irresponsible. I think that babysitting should be mandatory for those who are promiscuous( I probably spelled that wrong). I have been a nanny for three years and there is no way that I will have children until I am married and have a house suitable for children. It sickens me that girls that I went to school with were pregnant at graduation. It just shows what type of world we live in these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:18 pm
Getting pregnant that young is totally stupid. All it does it put you and the child in a bad situation. Why would you even be doing that at such a young age? Again, stupid. I think by time I was in seventh grade, almost half of the kids in my class had...you know. burning_eyes  

MsDevin92

Chatty Friend

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:14 am
What is so bad about it? We made a mistacke. Whoops! Everybody makes mistakes. But if teen parents take responsibility, what's the harm?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:57 pm
My take on this is simple. If you want to have the kid and are perfectly able to be taking care of the child/children as well as yourself, AND get all neccesary bills and taxes paid, go ahead and have the kid. If you are not capable of all these things, on your own, then do no have the kid. Simple.  

AvariciaMooneater

My Haitus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:27 am
It depends on the person. I think generally teenage girls that get pregnant shouldn't have done so. And if there was something they could have done, but didn't, then that's stupid, and not acceptable. I think that some people, are mature enough to handle pregnancy. Some people are ready for it. But generally, I'm against teenage pregnancy because most of the time if you're still in school then you don't have any where near enough life experience for something as hardcore as bringing new life into the world.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:56 am
As long as she is able to keep her baby alive and herself mentally, emotionally, physically and financially able, then there's no problem.

Of course, there are those teenagers who got pregnant but were irresponsible enough to allow their children to suffer under their immature parent's/s' lack of humanity and brain cells. These teenagers, who deliberately and willingly had sex for the sake of entertainment, are the ones who need an immediate wake-up call. They brought life into this world and as such, they should protect that life.  

iivi

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:45 pm
This nation was built on a society of families with 14 years between generations. It can't BE much "earlier" than that.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff