Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medication?
  yeah
  no
View Results

RizaMustang24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:20 pm
I used to be on Prozac, but the problem was the person I was when I was on it wasn't ME, it was weird. I was all happy and hyper and stuff

I need a counselor, but the one I had didn't ask me very many questions. I need a counselor who will listen, is proffesional, and asks questions, because for therapy? I don't break the ice, I just find a way to sidetrack so I don't have to talk about my depression as much  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:28 pm
I was given Zoloft.
Took if for a few weeks.
Then didn't want to anymore.
The next time I took it I got a stomach ache for about 2 days.
Haven't taken it since.

Slaves To The DJ

[X~Housaku~X]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 pm
My older brother had depression. He went through the whole medication and therapy process, and eventually got better. Now that my parents know that I have depression, my mom wants to send me to a doctor and get me on some medication. I told her I didn't want to see a doctor or go to therapy or anything like that, because it would make me feel like a crazy person, thus making me hate myself even more. And besides, for the first couple of months that my brother was on medication, his depression worsened, and I just don't want to go through that. So me and my mom came to an agreement. She won't send me to a doctor, but if I break down like I did last weekend, she'll give me one of my brother's old pills to calm me down.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:14 pm
I take prozac. Prozac is really strange for me...if I take too less then I'm still depressed and if I take too much then I'm numb and when I take what I'm taking now...its just strange...I feel...yet I'm numb...Its really weird. I spent a month testing my mother's Zoloft...that made me extremely angry and irritable like I was PMSing times 20. I ended up quite violent, but I hurt only myself afraid I would hurt my siblings, who instigate everything...

My family has a history of depression, my mother is on Zoloft and my dad's sisters are on medications, Dad is the only one that is abnormally happy in the family. I never new that I was depressed...I mean I felt unusually sad a lot but I always had something to keep my mind busy. When we moved I had some adjustment issues and then, being the natural empath that I am, I ended up taking on the emotions and problems of my friends when I normally had a thick wall up so no one could get in but when my mom found out about my suicide attempts she sent me to a therapist. I objected to that full on but I was forced to see her and then a year or two later I began seeing another therapist, who was more like a preachy babbling idiot then we moved again...I have to be careful to take my medications or I'll go into a dark depression.

[.Netsuke.]

RizaMustang24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:12 pm
[.Netsuke.]
I take prozac. Prozac is really strange for me...if I take too less then I'm still depressed and if I take too much then I'm numb and when I take what I'm taking now...its just strange...I feel...yet I'm numb...Its really weird. I spent a month testing my mother's Zoloft...that made me extremely angry and irritable like I was PMSing times 20. I ended up quite violent, but I hurt only myself afraid I would hurt my siblings, who instigate everything...

My family has a history of depression, my mother is on Zoloft and my dad's sisters are on medications, Dad is the only one that is abnormally happy in the family. I never new that I was depressed...I mean I felt unusually sad a lot but I always had something to keep my mind busy. When we moved I had some adjustment issues and then, being the natural empath that I am, I ended up taking on the emotions and problems of my friends when I normally had a thick wall up so no one could get in but when my mom found out about my suicide attempts she sent me to a therapist. I objected to that full on but I was forced to see her and then a year or two later I began seeing another therapist, who was more like a preachy babbling idiot then we moved again...I have to be careful to take my medications or I'll go into a dark depression.

Ummm, call me an idiot, but I can kind of relate to you. I hate prozac because it makes me feel numb, it was the only med I ever really did take... oh, if you don't have the doctor help you get off of it... well, I don't know exactly but I got a REALLY bad rash and it was driving me crazy.
My family has had a history of depression as well I believe, and I never knew I was depressed either. My parents don't know I have suicide attempts but my mom has found my suicide notes. My therapist was in "training" and she really didn't know me that well or tried to get real deep with me.
I'm just a book closed too tight, and then I'm open and you're reading me, I got those secret hidden meanings so I'm often misread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:13 pm
RizaMustang24
[.Netsuke.]

Ummm, call me an idiot, but I can kind of relate to you. I hate prozac because it makes me feel numb, it was the only med I ever really did take... oh, if you don't have the doctor help you get off of it... well, I don't know exactly but I got a REALLY bad rash and it was driving me crazy.
My family has had a history of depression as well I believe, and I never knew I was depressed either. My parents don't know I have suicide attempts but my mom has found my suicide notes. My therapist was in "training" and she really didn't know me that well or tried to get real deep with me.
I'm just a book closed too tight, and then I'm open and you're reading me, I got those secret hidden meanings so I'm often misread.

I know exactly how you feel. My mom wouldn't have found out if my friend's mother hadn't read the emails that her daughter and I were sending, they were suicide notes in themselves. I can understand being misread a lot...I get that too but most of the time I can't even be opened and I have a real issue trusting yet I cling to my friends because of it...its really contradicting.

[.Netsuke.]

Rune Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:25 am
Well... lets see...

*starts ticking things off on fingers*

1.) I took St. John's Wort for a couple years. It worked ok at first (although it made me light sensitive.... err... MORE light sensitive. Finally it got to the point where it wasn't doing anything at all.

2) My Physician gave me Zoloft and Seroquel. Those had nasty side effects of essentially removing all motivation from me and killing my libido, and actually did nothing to help my depression.

3) Finally went to a psychiatrist, and he took me off those and put me on something briefly that just made me incredibly anxious and violently ill. I don't remember the name. Rispardal?

4) He took me off that and tried Effexor XR, which I was on for about a year and half, until it quit working too. He backed me off that until I was taking a really small dose in conjunction with Welbutrin, Lorazepam (for anxiety), and Trazadone (for anxiety and sleep)...

Truth be told, I'm still not feeling all that great, and I'm subject to bouts of depression and anxiety frequently. The best it seems to manage is the reduce the time I remain that way. The odd thing is... although *I* can't see a difference, I've been told by others that they *DO* see a difference.

So, does that mean the meds are helping and I'm just too close to the problem to notice? Or does it mean I'm just better at hiding it around people to make them think I'm ok?

question  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:12 am
Rune Wraith
Well... lets see...

*starts ticking things off on fingers*

1.) I took St. John's Wort for a couple years. It worked ok at first (although it made me light sensitive.... err... MORE light sensitive. Finally it got to the point where it wasn't doing anything at all.

2) My Physician gave me Zoloft and Seroquel. Those had nasty side effects of essentially removing all motivation from me and killing my libido, and actually did nothing to help my depression.

3) Finally went to a psychiatrist, and he took me off those and put me on something briefly that just made me incredibly anxious and violently ill. I don't remember the name. Rispardal?

4) He took me off that and tried Effexor XR, which I was on for about a year and half, until it quit working too. He backed me off that until I was taking a really small dose in conjunction with Welbutrin, Lorazepam (for anxiety), and Trazadone (for anxiety and sleep)...

Truth be told, I'm still not feeling all that great, and I'm subject to bouts of depression and anxiety frequently. The best it seems to manage is the reduce the time I remain that way. The odd thing is... although *I* can't see a difference, I've been told by others that they *DO* see a difference.

So, does that mean the meds are helping and I'm just too close to the problem to notice? Or does it mean I'm just better at hiding it around people to make them think I'm ok?

question

I couldn't ever see the difference. My mom always said that she could see a MAJOR difference but I never saw it and I told everyone that I don't see the difference and I still felt the same but everyone kept telling me to give it time...I've given it almost three years and sometimes...I don't feel anything at all.

[.Netsuke.]

Enraptured By The Sky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:05 pm
I was on Serqouel for a while, but it made me violent and easily angered. When I came close to punching my best friend in the face, I told my shrink I wanted off of it. She put me on Abilify...which did nothing to help me. I didn't feel any different and people said they couldn't see any difference. So for two years I've been off meds and having panic attacks, nervous breakdowns, and having rapid mood cycles. I'm bi-polar with schizophrenic tendencies is what I've been told. And then the next doctor told me Borderline Personality Disorder. I did some research and what person my age doesn't have BPD? I don't trust doctor's judgment when they diagnose me. My aunt is very much bipolar, and I don't feel that I act like her in the least. Even my mom said I don't show much bipolar tendencies. I don't know what to do because I cannot afford medication because I'm unemployed. But I can't get a job because of my social anxieties...I have panic attacks in the middle of work and hyperventilate and start crying hysterically. I need something to control that so I can actually function like a normal human...but I can't get the medicine because I have no money. Cute little cycle x.o  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:09 am
Hi: Call me the queen of meds. I'm on Klonopin, Topamax, Remeron, Lunesta, Trazadone, and Perphenazine for psych stuff. I also take Naproxen and Percocet for chronic pain. I see a councelor twice a week and every two weeks with my husband. I've been in-patient too many times to count. Being a borderline is a real pain in the a**!  

jandlholmes

Calixti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:01 pm
I'm not on meds. Effexor XR made me fuzzy, Welbutrin made me apathetic, and Prozac made me psychotic. After that, my doctor wanted to try stimulants, starting with Concerta. ******** NO.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 pm
Not sure if you guys have heard,but statistics say depression meds aren't too good for you.There are really good all natural medicines for depression with less side effects.Vitamin E is supposed to be really good.  

Sorrow Surgeon

47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces