Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  </3
View Results

Metaphorical Nonsense

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:54 pm
{Music equals love.}

I really don't think I could last a day in a sound-proof box. I would probably die if I couldn't listen to or play music for even a day. If I ever become deaf, I think I might kill myself. I can't imagine a world without music. It would be Hell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:46 pm
User Image  

Rogue.Squirrel

GameReaper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:06 pm
Oh gosh where can I start. Some of the symbolism is not ment literally. Also, I tried to make a sorta time line... but it came out bad, so just bear with the misplaced stuff.

Classical I always keep in my back pocket in case of emergency, I love Beethovan, Bach, Vivaldi, that other guy that I can never remember his name...
I will always have a profound appreciation for music written and performed during the 1800's so many bad times with such vibrant and amusing music.
The 1900's I cant just generalize, too many differnt things all in once.
I am sorry to report that I cannot stand country, nor the fact that all the singers strive to sound exactically the same.
Rockabilly music, in about the 1950's (please correct me if im wrong I am horrible with dates) was great, too bad it was so short lived. You had to love the snapping thumbing of the standup base while the lead singer belted out some of the best music written.
Then came along the psychodelic period Janice Joblin, Jimmy Hendrix, The doors (I think they were in there)
Rock, Alice Cooper, Def Lepard, ZZ top, ACDC!!!
Heavy metal, Iron maiden, Kiss, the guys that did the song breaking the law...

Yea I could go on and on.

Bottom line is, I love metal, rock, and even some of the oldies. I especially enjoy the recent musical stylings of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen (yes I know malmsteen does a lot of arpeggio's)

I believe that music is the heartbeat of the world. Music fills in all the unplesant gaps in your life. And finally, it is the noise that rids us of that horrible defaning silence that fills every field and acre of woods.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:50 am
Any music that flows well, which is usually done by the work of good DJs, is considered lifeforce for me. 3nodding  

Sephiroth-zen

I CUP fUnKy c0l0rZz.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:43 am
Music = love.

My favorite genre is broadway, considering that's what I do. I also like alternative punk/rock, like Panic! At The Disco [one of my favorites], Angels and Airwaves..And my new obsession is Flogging Molly [celtic rock..that's IRISH, people]..

I also like country, such as Martina McBride and Rascal Flatts..the classics!, Beatles, Beach Boys, Billy Joel..

And a very weird and varying collection of random songs. ^-^

And when I don't have my music to LISTEN to, I SING!! Preferably broadway songs, but I can sing anything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:43 pm
Music keeps me sane!! ::shhh! you hear that! that's a world without music:: That would suck...indeed

I like japanese music. Some of my favorites are: Gackt, L'Arc~en~Ciel or Miyavi for now. O and Buck-Tick! And I listen to AFI, Korn, Eminem, HIM(Ville(sp) is so sexy) and a bunch of other american artsists that I can't think of at the moment...

Cronic~Obscurities

sezzykitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:26 am
I used to always have music playing but now I hardly ever do, except in the car. I also don't have a good radio/stereo in my dorm and we usually have the TV on sooo no music. I do like Rock/Alternative and Country the best. :]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:29 pm
i went a week without music and it sucked.if it weren't for music i would be one of the most depressed person ever. music is my life! i like a lot of kinds of music, im even liking country! I heart MUSIC!  

Sakakichan-sensi

Devilish Lady

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:25 am
without music there is no life  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:05 pm
Music is what gets me up every morning. Music is what makes me go each day. Music keeps me alive...

My favorite genre of music is trance and metal. (Odd, I know.)

Those two set my mood. Trance is when i'm happy and metal is when i'm annoyed at something.

I will not get into the bands and DJs I listen to, if I did that I would need a whole page to tell you them.

In relative words....Music is life! <3  

x_Yui Tsukioka_x

JustSomeThing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:23 pm
Totally agreed.
Today, I almost lost my iPod...And I almost cried because I knew I wouldn't be able to get another one if I lost it...Haha. Triangleofdeath, I completely agree with you.
Music IS my life.

I'ma rock person. Love many, many bands. Main favs=Evanescence, A Perfect Circle, Living Syndication, Seether, Lacuna Coil, and Puddle of Mudd. I haven't heard much of the full songs yet, but I'm slowly but surely getting into Nine Inch Nails. I would've gotten into it awhile ago, but due to unreasonable-sounding reasons, I didn't. Eh, yeah, that's all I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:54 pm
Music?...

Yes I listen to it. But It's not my life, I could live without it. I like the peace and quiet environment. Helps me think on other issues that I have to deal with. Though I may not want to think about certain things, it helps me to write poems, the peace and quietness. So the question is...

Is music my life as it is like other people? My answer. No. Music is not my life, but it helps me tune out what is going on around me that I don't feel like facing just quite yet.  

Michikoyama

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mack7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:59 pm
gold post  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:35 pm
I suppose...  

Michikoyama

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 pm
I've moved this to your subforum as I am trying to make the main forum more inviting. You may keep this Sticky or delete it as you wish.

Post anything you want to say about your subforum in the following Sticky on the main forum. Looking for Real World topics that Entertain?

Thanks!  
52: Music is Life

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces