stupid o.O
  shiny! Gold! Yay!
View Results

Sumari_57

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:22 pm
AstronomyGirl
Endrael
Unreligion
There's also the mystery spot in Santa Cruz, California.

I was born kind of near there. San Diego, specifically.

oo cool. But yea, there are lots of places, I'm guessing, where the magnetic field is wierd.

y do u think these spots occure  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 pm
Sumari_57
AstronomyGirl
Endrael
Unreligion

oo cool. But yea, there are lots of places, I'm guessing, where the magnetic field is wierd.

cause the earth isn't perfect. It's not a perfect sphere, it's not the same thickness everywhere, the way that the liquid outer core moves isn't uniform, there's lots of factors that contribute to the strength of the magnetic feild. Too many to really list here. There's always going to be annomilies since our earth is not the ideal case.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

Endrael

Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:00 pm
AstronomyGirl
Sumari_57
AstronomyGirl
Endrael
Unreligion

cause the earth isn't perfect. It's not a perfect sphere, it's not the same thickness everywhere, the way that the liquid outer core moves isn't uniform, there's lots of factors that contribute to the strength of the magnetic feild. Too many to really list here. There's always going to be annomilies since our earth is not the ideal case.

I don't think there really is an ideal example outside of the lab and computerized models. Nature may be perfect, but that doesn't mean it has to fit our expectations of what would be the logical scenario.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:30 pm
Endrael

I don't think there really is an ideal example outside of the lab and computerized models. Nature may be perfect, but that doesn't mean it has to fit our expectations of what would be the logical scenario.

That's true. I guess that's what I was implying. In studying physics and astonomy we're always talking about ideal cases cause they're simplier and the math woudl be to complicated otherwise. So I'm use to thinking of things in the ideal case sence and then in the real life sence. blaugh  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

radioactive waste101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:06 am
Both of them are really interesting to me. (I think the bermuda triangle just has more magnetic reactions because of its geographical location)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:03 pm
radioactive waste101
Both of them are really interesting to me. (I think the bermuda triangle just has more magnetic reactions because of its geographical location)

cool. 3nodding  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

kittysmouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:02 am
all very interesting =)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:31 pm
kittysmouse
all very interesting =)

Indeed. 3nodding  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Aar000n3yTheL000n3y

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:03 pm
AstronomyGirl
I just skimmed over that article. Seems iffy to me. ... I dunno about it. confused Then again anything about the Bermuda triangle seems iffy. xp

It is very real. It's almost proven that it's all from methane bubbles from the sea floor. Because of these bubbles, ships lose support from the water, and sink. Gas engines (for planes) need oxygen, and completely shut down when exposed to methane. Methane bubbles explain all of the events that go on there.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:56 pm
Aar000n3yTheL000n3y
AstronomyGirl
I just skimmed over that article. Seems iffy to me. ... I dunno about it. confused Then again anything about the Bermuda triangle seems iffy. xp

It is very real. It's almost proven that it's all from methane bubbles from the sea floor. Because of these bubbles, ships lose support from the water, and sink. Gas engines (for planes) need oxygen, and completely shut down when exposed to methane. Methane bubbles explain all of the events that go on there.

I guess... but then I dunno. It still seems iffy to me. There must be a very large supply of methane down there then since enough is constantly being released to cause these things, as well as the fact that it's gone on for so many years.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:19 pm
I belive that there was an atlatntis island, but not so super high tech, and the only thing weird about the triangle is the magnetic field, messes up compases and stuff. The UFO sightings are just abunch of glory seekers trying to cash in on it...still wouldnt go in there though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:56 pm
Maybe Atlantis was real, once, but myth and fact have confused it so much that I don't think what is known as Atlantis today could possibly be true.

As for the Bermuda Triangle, the only thing I can say about that is that there are way to many horror stories about that place to even possibly be true. wink  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Seanchaidh

Aged Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:13 pm
There have been so many Atlantis stories nowadays that I forget where it all started. I'll have to go back and read Plato's verion on page one sometime.

There have been many suggested sites for Atlantis. What are your favourites and why?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:54 pm
Seanchaidh
There have been so many Atlantis stories nowadays that I forget where it all started. I'll have to go back and read Plato's version on page one sometime.

There have been many suggested sites for Atlantis. What are your favorites and why?
The most plusable is in the Medteriaian region, not sure of the island; but there is evidence and prod the island scummed to a volcanic eruption.  

UF6

72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces