Heroically?
  Alone?
  Fighting for what you believe in?
View Results

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:01 pm
Your point? I swear all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:58 pm
Thats not sarcasm. If your going to be angry, at least use the right words.  

Iron_Felix

Anabethe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:00 pm
forget it, i had to many arguments this week.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Fine.  

Iron_Felix

Zurianne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:59 am
When I die, want to be remembered. Not in fables, not in legends. Nor do I want to change the world in such a big way that people know my name. I want to be remembered by the people I love. To be a picture in an old scrapbook book. For my desendants to remember my name, the one who traveled the world on faith.
I want to be great, but in a small way. I don't want to be everything to the world......But I want to be the world to someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm
Death, in not so many words, is rebirth. At least to me. When I die, I'm going to leave a note: "Do not cry because I am gone. Rejoice because I will come back to you soon." s**t, you might not recogize me, but I'll still be here, lol.

Of course it would be nice for me to have helped the world in some small way. Even just the pure joy of helping someone else. I might not have impacted something bigger, like saving the rainforest, but I did impact someone's heart. That is something you can't replace, or do over again.

Eternally Gone

Devoted Loiterer

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:56 pm
And thats your belief. And no one can take that from you. I dont care what your beliefs are, even if there contradictory to mine, as long as you believe in it with your whole heart, mind and soul, you can believe in what ever you want to.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm
pirate Death huh?
Well, I hav heard many definitions of death, and this is what I think of it:
Death is what happens when a persons mind, heart, or breathing stops. In some beleifs, death appears to have happened when a person goes into a coma, and is buried then. Death also occurs when a person is no longer there. As in the soul had departed, and made it's way to rebirth, afterlife, the big white tunnel, and so forth. I respect that people have many belifs, andhorros, and fears about death, but when you think of it, death is just the ending,a nd the begining to life, and death in a way of thinking.

SO, anyways... The way that i would like to go is by helping someone. IF I die alone, and miserable, then so be it. But, I will never commit suicide. That is all. ninja  

Bacia Bastrave

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:15 pm
Heres another though on death...

Death is only final, for the living.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:01 am
Zurianne
When I die, want to be remembered. Not in fables, not in legends. Nor do I want to change the world in such a big way that people know my name. I want to be remembered by the people I love. To be a picture in an old scrapbook book. For my desendants to remember my name, the one who traveled the world on faith.
I want to be great, but in a small way. I don't want to be everything to the world......But I want to be the world to someone.

to me that makes sense.

because how can you tell how history will remember you anyway?

so much history is inaccurate, some is slanted for propoganda, and even what isn't is debated, like jesus or shakespeare, for all the years they have been studied people still disagree about who they were, what they said and did, and even whether they actually existed!

so your way seems better.  

chessiejo

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Theres no guarantee that any of us will be remembered, but all we can do is hope. My friend once told me that she didnt beleive in hope, that it didnt work. I told her that even false hope can get you through hard times. Even false hope is better than giving up. And she took that advice. If I hadnt had told her that that night, she told me after that she would have killed herself. I will always be in her memory for that. I will never be forgoten to her, and even though its only one person, I changed their life. And you know what, I cant save the world, but I can save its people, one by one.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:55 am
it's like the story of the man walking down a florida beach at dawn, throwing starfish back in the ocean, one by one.

a passerby stopped him and said, "how many starfish do you see washed up on this beach?"

the man replied 'certainly hundreds; more likely thousands"

the passerby said "so why waste your time? what can it matter what one person can do, with all those you'll never be able to help?"

the man bent down and picked up another starfish, tossing it gently back into the surf.

he said, "it matters to that one".  

chessiejo

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:03 am
I have heard that parable. It makes alot of sense, and is true. Che Guavera (sory for spelling) said much the same thing. He was a South American Revolutionary.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:08 am
i didn't know that about Che.

wasn't he a doctor?

he met a violent end at a fairly young age.

but he was doing what he believed in....  

chessiejo

39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces