Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
War on "Terror" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The War on "Terror" is...
  Not what we were told it was.
  A complete lie made to complete a hidden agenda.
  being fought for a good reason.
  other (please post)
  poll whore (I have no opinions)
View Results

Saiyumei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:31 pm
Umm.I know this is kinda dead, but hey why make a new thread if we wish to rant about the same thing =P
The way I see it, the administration is spending so much money on this 'war' when we havent really made progress on s**t.
I mean, we could use all that funding going into that 'war' for other useful stuff, the USA's debt, for one, maybe a way to stop gang violence, or education, or poverty.
My two cents, feel free to flame me, about what I just spoke, and kinda postin on a dead thread @_@.
Im from Canada btw =P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:23 pm
i am an American citizen. I feel that the War is for the greater good. While many people have died they have died in an effort to bring freedom and hope to a country where before a women couldn't even show her face in public. And now those women are starting to show the faces, and not fear horrible reprocussions. A country that finaaly had a truely democratic vote, for ,I believe, the first time in their countries history. So yes i believe that the War is for the greater good of the world. I don't nessecarily believe it is a war on terror, so much as it is a war on fear. Fear to act and do as one thinks.

Sylvie 4laugh  

sylviemasters777

Jiachi Kieln

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 pm
sylviemasters777
i am an American citizen. I feel that the War is for the greater good. While many people have died they have died in an effort to bring freedom and hope to a country where before a women couldn't even show her face in public. And now those women are starting to show the faces, and not fear horrible reprocussions. A country that finaaly had a truely democratic vote, for ,I believe, the first time in their countries history. So yes i believe that the War is for the greater good of the world. I don't nessecarily believe it is a war on terror, so much as it is a war on fear. Fear to act and do as one thinks.

Sylvie 4laugh

A problem with thinking in that manner, though, is that we then are contradicting ourselves. We remove one fear by instilling another. The ends we seek may be well mannered, but we are going about the means in a poorly thought out way. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:28 pm
AgentKeg
I am not asking for anti or pro Bush comments, because you must realize it does not take only one man to declare war. He still must gain Congress on his side.

That is where you are wrong. The president needs congress to declare war. the last time we declared war was WWII. Bush does not need congress to send troops to fight, it's just not considered a war.

Also, on a side note, Bush has said that our rights will be returned to us when there is no terrorism. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE TERRORISM. as long as there is an organized goverment, there will always be enemies of such goverment, aka, terrorists.

Quote:
Do you think the war is being fought for hidden precedent? Why do you think that?

Of course. Bush and Daddy Bush are in the oil buisness. Iraq has oil. Put the two together, and what do you get...?  

minion630

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:57 pm
the war on terror is a lie. little georgey is just tryin to finish what his father wasnt able to finish himself. the bush family has wanted to declare war on the middle east for decades, they just needed a reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:35 pm
I feel a need to quote a line from the movie Munich:

Quote:
I cut my fingernails, even though they grow back.

You cannot stop fighting terrorism simply because there will always be terrorists. You cannot stop fighting terrorists because their leaders will always be replaced. You cannot stop fighting terrorists because it's a war of ideas. They cannot be allowed to keep using violent attacks against any nation they choose. We must show that we are not willing to tolerate such behavior. We can't be all, "Well, if you have a problem with us, then we'll change ourselves until you like us." They want everyone to be like them, and anyone who gets in their way is an enemy, even other muslims.

They're not reasonable people. At all.  

Der Freischuetz

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:16 pm
shadow_alchemist92
the war on terror is a lie. little georgey is just tryin to finish what his father wasnt able to finish himself. the bush family has wanted to declare war on the middle east for decades, they just needed a reason.

I would like to see documented, video, or a written testimony of this. Seriously, this is a serious allegation, are you prepared to back it up?

Also, war was not declared on the middle east out of spite. It wasn't even declared on the middle east all together.

Get your facts straight and stop believing everything you read on the newspaper and the media.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am
fantasier_xp
I'm not American, and don't really understand this war. It seems so pointless. How/why did it start in the first place? I'm so confused. It just seems stupid. What is the purpose?!

it supposedly started because of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction, but its actually just George W. Bush's best reason to attack iraq (his whole family's wanted to for pretty much, well, forever)  

shadow_alchemist92

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:23 pm
shadow_alchemist92
fantasier_xp
I'm not American, and don't really understand this war. It seems so pointless. How/why did it start in the first place? I'm so confused. It just seems stupid. What is the purpose?!

it supposedly started because of terrorism and weapons of mass destruction, but its actually just George W. Bush's best reason to attack iraq (his whole family's wanted to for pretty much, well, forever)

False flag, huh? But can you give any valid points as to why they'd want to attack Iraq? My guess is your answer is oil, because all rich people like oil. Hell, I'm middle class and I like oil, because there isn't a decent and replacement for fossil fuel right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:56 pm
Der Freischuetz
They want everyone to be like them, and anyone who gets in their way is an enemy, even other muslims.

I'm sorry if this is very far off subject, but I just have to poke fun at how religious this sou- oops. mrgreen  

Jiachi Kieln

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:29 pm
Jiachi Kieln
Der Freischuetz
They want everyone to be like them, and anyone who gets in their way is an enemy, even other muslims.

I'm sorry if this is very far off subject, but I just have to poke fun at how religious this sou- oops. mrgreen

It is a religious issue, in a way. The terrorists would prefer that everyone be like them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:25 pm
Der Freischuetz
False flag, huh? But can you give any valid points as to why they'd want to attack Iraq? My guess is your answer is oil, because all rich people like oil. Hell, I'm middle class and I like oil, because there isn't a decent and replacement for fossil fuel right now.

"George W. Bush and his neoconservative advisers saw the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah as an opportunity to expand the conflict into Syria and possibly achieve a long-sought 'regime change' in Damascus"
-Bush Wants Wider War
by Robert Parry

"The evidence of an Iraqi assassination plot against George Bush, the basis for a United States missile attack in June on the intelligence headquarters in Baghdad..."
-Plot by Baghdad to Assassinate Bush Is Questioned
By TIM WEINER, New York Times reporter
October 17, 2006

"The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack."
-THE IRAN PLANS
Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?
by SEYMOUR M. HERSH

"In an interview with CNN's Paula Zahn, former president George Bush spoke recently of his "hatred" of Saddam Hussein. "I hate Saddam Hussein," said Bush.'I don't hate a lot of people. I don't hate easily, but I think he's, as I say, his word is no good and he's a brute. He's used poison gas on his own people. So, there's nothing redeeming about this man.'"
-Bush Senior:
Hating Saddam, Selling Him Weapons

by Kurt Nimmo

i would continue, but this post is already getting annoyingly large. ur obviously thinking, though, for considering oil, however this isnt the only reason, for if you remember, saddam once attempted to kill George Bush Senior, thus this is also partly a revenge topic  

shadow_alchemist92

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:06 pm
AgentKeg
I would like to see documented, video, or a written testimony of this. Seriously, this is a serious allegation, are you prepared to back it up?

Also, war was not declared on the middle east out of spite. It wasn't even declared on the middle east all together.

Get your facts straight and stop believing everything you read on the newspaper and the media.
As for you, you can see the same evidence i just posted. specifically the quote from George Bush Senior, the last bit of evidence i just posted. And, just to ad to my evidence:
"He (George Bush Senior) added: 'I have nothing but hatred in my heart for him (Saddam).'"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:22 pm
shadow_alchemist92

"George W. Bush and his neoconservative advisers saw the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah as an opportunity to expand the conflict into Syria and possibly achieve a long-sought 'regime change' in Damascus"
-Bush Wants Wider War
by Robert Parry

"The evidence of an Iraqi assassination plot against George Bush, the basis for a United States missile attack in June on the intelligence headquarters in Baghdad..."
-Plot by Baghdad to Assassinate Bush Is Questioned
By TIM WEINER, New York Times reporter
October 17, 2006

"The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack."
-THE IRAN PLANS
Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?
by SEYMOUR M. HERSH

"In an interview with CNN's Paula Zahn, former president George Bush spoke recently of his "hatred" of Saddam Hussein. "I hate Saddam Hussein," said Bush.'I don't hate a lot of people. I don't hate easily, but I think he's, as I say, his word is no good and he's a brute. He's used poison gas on his own people. So, there's nothing redeeming about this man.'"
-Bush Senior:
Hating Saddam, Selling Him Weapons

by Kurt Nimmo

i would continue, but this post is already getting annoyingly large. ur obviously thinking, though, for considering oil, however this isnt the only reason, for if you remember, saddam once attempted to kill George Bush Senior, thus this is also partly a revenge topic

Your belief is that this is nothing but a personal war. However, George W. Bush mentioned the many human rights violations that Hussein's regime had committed, which would have been reason enough to go to war with Iraq, considering that in order to keep the cease-fire from the Gulf War in effect he would have to do certain things to keep it alive, which included but was not limited to: the dismantling of all WMD's, to end its support for terrorism and to ensure the rights of its citizens.

Here's a link to Bush's speech adressed to the United Nations.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/09/20020912-1.html

Quote:
In 1991, Security Council Resolution 688 demanded that the Iraqi regime cease at once the repression of its own people, including the systematic repression of minorities -- which the Council said, threatened international peace and security in the region. This demand goes ignored.

Bush doesn't start off with WMD's, but human rights violations. There was, in fact, another reason to declare war on Iraq.

Oh, and look! A law that gave Bush the right to go to war with Iraq!
This is in PDF format, by the way.  

Der Freischuetz

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas