Homosexuality is...
  wrong
  fine
  I don't know
  poll whore
View Results

mintychica

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:57 pm
Orientation helps define who you are. In reality, there isn't much difference between homosexuals, bisexuals, metrosexuals, etc... We all fall in love, we all feel passion, we all hurt, we all live.
Also, I agree with Yotsu. You cannot choose your orientation, you are born that way. It just takes some time for people to realize, or accept, who they are. That's why it's possible to hear people claiming to be homosexual or bisexual at the age of 10. They just realized/accepted it sooner than others.
Now, as for gay marriages...woo-hoo do I have one heck of a comment for this. This is a pet peeve of mine, one which I encounter frequently. I have been told several times. Same-sex couples aren't the optimum environment in which to raise children. This is 100% NOT true. Check it out: murderers, convicted felons of all sorts, even known child molesters are all allowed to freely marry and procreate, and do so every day, with hardly a second thought, much less a protest, by these same critics. So if children are truly the priority here, why is this allowed? The fact is that many gay couples raise children, adopted and occasionally their own from failed attempts at heterosexual marriages. Lots and lots of scientific studies have shown that the outcomes of the children raised in the homes of gay and lesbian couples are just as good as those of straight couples. The differences have been shown again and again to be insignificant. Psychologists tell us that what makes the difference is the love and commitment of the parents, not their gender. The studies are very clear about that. And gay people are as capable of loving children as fully as anyone else. We're all humans, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:57 pm
I think homosexuals are totally fine. I have some friends that are gay, and a friend that is bi. Gay guys great! They're so funny, and seem to be better understanding women, and clothing, and the like (like in queer eye for the straight guy!). Anyway, I think gay marriage is fine, but can't they be happy just living together? Some heterosexual couples do that too. A friend of mine has parents that are happily living together, but aren't married. Actually, it might just be simpler that way, especially if you want to divorce. You just move out! I don't think gays should be having those gay parades either. They are just asking for it. Critisism I mean. And why would they want that? Hm.. what else was I going to say..?. Ugh, I am so out of it today.  

fantasier_xp

MustangDragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:32 pm
fantasier_xp
I think homosexuals are totally fine. I have some friends that are gay, and a friend that is bi. Gay guys great! They're so funny, and seem to be better understanding women, and clothing, and the like (like in queer eye for the straight guy!). Anyway, I think gay marriage is fine, but can't they be happy just living together? Some heterosexual couples do that too. A friend of mine has parents that are happily living together, but aren't married. Actually, it might just be simpler that way, especially if you want to divorce. You just move out! I don't think gays should be having those gay parades either. They are just asking for it. Critisism I mean. And why would they want that? Hm.. what else was I going to say..?. Ugh, I am so out of it today.

Hmmm. I am a lesbian and the idea or homosexual marrige (or a non-marrige but a contract) makes total sense to me. If a gay person is dying in the hospital, their partner will not be allowed to visit if the parents don't want it. Their children, if they have any in partnership, will possibly be taken away from the partner and give to the parents of the dying/dead partner. If they bought a house together, there will be problems in who inherits what. If not a legally recognized marriage, then at least a contract addressing these problems would help enormously.

As for the outrageous parades and so forth, it is generally the most agressive people who open the doors for the more quiet people. Im not a dress it up, outrageous dyke, but I will march in the parades and wave and smile at the weird guys and gals. lol They only make me laugh, cause they are having such great fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:28 pm
Homosexuality is not wrong. And I think that anybody who thinks it is, is just afraid. Isn't America the land of the Free? Then why can't gays and lesibians get married? Some people might be afraid that 'the population might decease rapidly if we allowed this' but wouldn't that just help with how our population has been growing?
There is nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, or bi. I'm bi, and I wouldn't like it if I was walking down the street with my girlfriend (don't have one though, as I am dating a boy) and people were making remarks or just looking at me weird because of my likes and/or dislikes.  

psaturn

Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Contributor 150

Maginus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:38 pm
psaturn
Homosexuality is not wrong. And I think that anybody who thinks it is, is just afraid. Isn't America the land of the Free? Then why can't gays and lesibians get married? Some people might be afraid that 'the population might decease rapidly if we allowed this' but wouldn't that just help with how our population has been growing?
There is nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, or bi. I'm bi, and I wouldn't like it if I was walking down the street with my girlfriend (don't have one though, as I am dating a boy) and people were making remarks or just looking at me weird because of my likes and/or dislikes.
youre so hot. and gays rock! marrige is now not religious but a state thing. you can get married in a church but have to bring the papers down to the courthouse and everything. however, it only makes it legal and if gays put it as a religious belief they can get married then it is uncontitutional to not let them get married. case closed. i win america! in your face!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm
AgentKeg
Kataton
Homosexuals are fine as long as they don't start hitting on me. Let them do as they please for all i care.

What would you do if a gay man did hit on you? (99% of gay men and women won't hit on straight people)
I beg to differ, every single gay man I've met has always hit on me. Along with women who though I was female.  

xHideki_s_vomitx

xHideki_s_vomitx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:26 pm
I hold nothing against it, unless you're pretending to be "homosexual/bisexual" for popularity. However I frown upon children who already claim their sexual preference at the age of 10. The mind isn't developed nor are they old enough to make that decision.

I'm quite fascinated with transexuals, personally I find it to be an honorable way of living. A person has to be strong to live with such traits and go through operation after operation. I just question why it's illegal in Japan.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:44 pm
xHideki_s_vomitx
I hold nothing against it, unless you're pretending to be "homosexual/bisexual" for popularity. However I frown upon children who already claim their sexual preference at the age of 10. The mind isn't developed nor are they old enough to make that decision.

I'm quite fascinated with transexuals, personally I find it to be an honorable way of living. A person has to be strong to live with such traits and go through operation after operation. I just question why it's illegal in Japan.

Being gay is not a decision. It is inherent, and already decided when you are born. I do agree though, that children should be sure of what they are saying before announcing it to the world.

Japan is only trying to hold onto its values system. Though you (nor I) may not agree with it, there isn't anything one can do to change this. Many, many other countries outlaw transexuals and even homosexuals.  

Epic Fail Girl

Kiro_Kun15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:48 pm
I have alot of bisexual friends, gay friends, and all of thee above; I have no problem with it. I have some striaght friends who don't really like those kinds of people, but I don't care one way or another; as long as they are happy with who they are with then I see nothing wrong. Some people say they wouldn't like it if they were to try and flirt with them or something, I just say if they do it's not really something to be offended by or anything... One bisexual girl tried to flirt with me and I told her I'm straight, she felt kinda embarassed but it was all cool, and now she and I are good friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:46 pm
This is my opinion so please people dont bite my head off. i think that homosexuality is wrong. It wasnt meant to be, yes i am catholic, humans were meant to be with the opposite sex, and its against nature. but ill tell u one thing, nobody should discriminate against them, i respect their opinions as long as a girl doesnt hit on me.  

Anabethe

Kiro_Kun15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:51 pm
They don't usually hit on straight people, it's very rare; and if it does they don't mean any harm or offend anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:21 am
I have absolutely no problem with gays/bis. One of my friends happens to be gay, and you know what? That's one of the first things he mentioned when we met. We became friends anyway, even though he is 4 years older then myself. Why? He has great insight, and is an awesome person. Alot of gays/bis are perfectly normal and just want to be understood. I gave him a chance, and now we're good friends. I think people should be more open, and gays tend to be some of the most open people I know, even though I myself am a heterosexual.
~Angel.  

SimpleElegance

Kiro_Kun15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:35 pm
What I don't understand is why alot of people hate people who like people of the same gender... why is that? I don't understand, and am kinda confused on why people have issues about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm
I don't care what sexuality a person is, If I like some one, I like them I become friends with them were all human , love is love regardless of which gender it is with.
I agree with the idea of civil partnerships (gay marriage) and think its effective from a legal standpoint to give every couple the same rights.
As for kids/ adopton why not? A loving (stable) family is better than a state run ophanage.  

tatterkin

[ Mod ] James

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:43 pm
Roman Shepherd
Well, to start, gay marriage in the secular world shouldn't even be a discussion. Within religions, it's up to the leaders and teachings of that religion to decide if gay marriage will be sanctioned. Homosexuals bugging the Christians or Jews for gay marriage doesn't make sense. In the destruction of sodom, gay sexual intimacy is not only shown as immoral and evil, but also as a weaponized evolution of excess.

There are some issues here though. Gay pride parades have reached a point of excess that's simply uncalled for. Homosexuals banding together is fine, however, parading through the streets in minimal or overly suggestive clothing and throwing condoms into crowds has nothing to do with pride. It is rather an embarassment, that makes all the teachings of the faith which see it as immoral seem true. Gay people should not claim that their relationships are any more intense than straight relationships, and thus should not display them as requiring some extra flamboyancy.

The problem is that homosexuality is sometimes simply a sexual orientation, in which case those who fall under this category should be treated the same as heterosexuals. However, if it is chosen as some kind of elevated fetish, then it should be as hidden as anyone would hide any strange fetish. Decadence is supressed in religion always for a reason. There is such thing as moral decay, and public indecency.

The people who are craving a full strength sexual revolution are often simply thinking on more animalistic terms, having not witnessed the consequences of a society defiled by excess. This can be compared to anti-war advocates who have never truly looked into all aspects of war. Had world war 2 not raged across the many lands which it did, than the furnaces of the holocaust would have continued to blaze. Though motives in warfare can always be questioned, there are truly just motives, where force was needed to combat corruption and evil. I'm using the word evil abit liberally here, but that's an entirely different debate all together.

Anyways, the trick, as always, is that equal rights DOES NOT mean special treatment, and some groups and individuals need to figure out which they are really grabbing for.

OMG thats like all my thoughts summed up exactly. Gay pride parades are demoralizing and embarassing. If they dont want people to hate them they shouldnt have gay fancy little parades thet just strengthens the common social stereotype and screws over all the other gay people.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff