still be illegal
  be legal
  some of them should be legal
  other
  poll whore
View Results

Anabethe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:05 pm
I dont take drugs but this is my belief, if cigarrets r legal they should make other drugs legal, because i dont think that (an example mariguana) has worst effects than cigarrets, a cigarrett is pure poison and they still sell it. they should either make all drugs illegal including cigarrets or just let most drugs be legal.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 pm
I refuse to use drugs, alchohol, or anything else of that nature...I've seen first hand at what it does to people. My father was a stoner and a drunk, he made life a living hell. It changes a person, never for the better. If people want to get stoned, drunk, whatever...it's your choice. A friend of mine asked me if he were to take me out or whatever would I get drunk and high I immediatly said no, and so did my other friend. He then called us losers, but I'm proud to be a loser than some (no offense) but some idiot for doing the crap. My mom and father FINALLY divorced a little over two years ago and it was the greatest freaking day of my life! When she kicked him out the house and everything, at first I was upset then I realized I was MUCH happier without him. And so now my mom is married to my dad, who also had gotten a divorce but for a different reason, and they got married last december. I still see my father from time to time, and so all he does is smoke, but he's "suppodely quiting"..so I hope in years to come he'll become completely clean and I'll be able to have a good father...but until then I'm happy without all the fighting and yelling, and drama! All because he wanted to do drugs and drink  

Kiro_Kun15

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:23 pm
disgrace_to_humanity
I refuse to use drugs, alchohol, or anything else of that nature...I've seen first hand at what it does to people. My father was a stoner and a drunk, he made life a living hell. It changes a person, never for the better. If people want to get stoned, drunk, whatever...it's your choice. A friend of mine asked me if he were to take me out or whatever would I get drunk and high I immediatly said no, and so did my other friend. He then called us losers, but I'm proud to be a loser than some (no offense) but some idiot for doing the crap. My mom and father FINALLY divorced a little over two years ago and it was the greatest freaking day of my life! When she kicked him out the house and everything, at first I was upset then I realized I was MUCH happier without him. And so now my mom is married to my dad, who also had gotten a divorce but for a different reason, and they got married last december. I still see my father from time to time, and so all he does is smoke, but he's "suppodely quiting"..so I hope in years to come he'll become completely clean and I'll be able to have a good father...but until then I'm happy without all the fighting and yelling, and drama! All because he wanted to do drugs and drink

What you describe there is a good example of irresponsible use. I resent being reffered to as an idiot because I choose to get high. You don't even know me. Not every stoner allows drugs to rule their life and not all people who drink get drunk so often that it effects their life negatively. I respect your situation and understand your opinion but before you attach a blanket statement to a (rather large) portion of the population, think about it. Also if you plan on reffering to other people as idiots, you might want to run a spell check. rolleyes Good luck on your dad's "suppodely quiting."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:14 am
Drugs drugs drugs. We are taught in school they're bad. Think for a moment, not all of them are bad. Right now, drugs are saving my grandmother's life. Also right now, drugs are ruining the lives of some of my friends. Think for a moment, perscription drugs are good, right? Yet some of them are illegal because some selfish people had to go and overdose adn/or misuse them in some other way. Meaning the people who DEPEND on those certain drugs have to go to a different drug to live. I think drugs might be considered as a necissary evil, and in need of a better term. Sure, some of them are horrid, but others are very necissary for the survival of hundreds, thousands, perchance millions.
~Angel.  

SimpleElegance

tatterkin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:54 am
Should they be legal?
I don’t believe all drugs should be legalised (and yes, I know this is going to sound hypocritical).
Which ones do you think should be legal?
I don’t feel I know enough about drugs to say this should be banned and this allowed but there are reasons that some are banned
But I think we should re-evaluate our out look on them.
Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes and does bring pain relieve, but it can be abused like any drug can.
Caffeine, alcohol you name it , but societies view depends on the rep the drug has ; morphine is associated with hospitals , heroin- addiction and junkies ; but these are essentially the same drug. More evidence and hard facts needs to be present before any legislation is passed
But cigarette ? Ban em !(sorry to any smokers out, there but I think this type of addiction should end with this generation. I’m sick of people blowing smoke in my face ruining my lungs and yes I know not ever smoker acts like this)
Do you use drugs?
I’ve never used illegal drugs , but that’s my choice.
But lets be clear, I do use drugs my inhalers which I need to use every day are drugs , the caffeine I have is a drug, I do drink alcohol ( a depressant) occasionally when I’m out with friends. But it’s one or two drinks max. I’d rather have an orange juice or something most of the time.
I hate seeing people just getting smashed for the hell of it to show off how big they are and making right prat of themselves causing trouble irrisonsible use annoys me not responsible use.

Why do you think this way?
My attitude to alcohol is so what, one coke please; because it’s not a big thing to me I was introduced to it in a family setting .At Christmas/ new years when the family came round you got a sip of someone’s glass or a snowball at midnight .So I’d picked up responsible drinking just by seeing examples.
Also credit to my maternal granddad (I’m sure this was deliberate now) He gave me a gulp of his beer when I was 8 just after drinking a coke (reaction of Yack! Need Water! Horrible!) this made sure I never touched beer or larger .(to this day I still can’t drink the stuff and am very picky with what I do drink).
Have anything else about drugs you wish to share?
I know a little of both sides one of my friends Dad was an alcoholic, now she can’t be around anyone who’s drinking even friends and I know why from some of the stuff she’s told me .So while I don't think we should have draconian laws on drugs there should be more safe guards to help prevent abuse, before it destroys lives other than their own  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:58 pm
Well I didn't really mean the entire population that does do drugs and stuff. But yeah, I don't see what getting high and drunk is going to do for you or anyone else, then again I don't really understand people in general. All I know is when my father did it, he wasn't him, he was a monster. My friend she got high one time and she wasn't the same either, no one liked to be around her anymore. She wasn't her, she did alot of stupid stuff after that too. I've not seen anything good, come out of getting high or getting drunk. Yeah I know not everyone is bad, and sure some are ok, but seeing only the bad side of it all, I pretty much won't see any good out of it.  

Kiro_Kun15

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:01 pm
disgrace_to_humanity
Well I didn't really mean the entire population that does do drugs and stuff. But yeah, I don't see what getting high and drunk is going to do for you or anyone else, then again I don't really understand people in general. All I know is when my father did it, he wasn't him, he was a monster. My friend she got high one time and she wasn't the same either, no one liked to be around her anymore. She wasn't her, she did alot of stupid stuff after that too. I've not seen anything good, come out of getting high or getting drunk. Yeah I know not everyone is bad, and sure some are ok, but seeing only the bad side of it all, I pretty much won't see any good out of it.

Basically, it makes you feel good for a little while. It relaxes you. That's why people do it. If drugs didn't work, nobody would use them. It sucks that you lost your friend, but are you sure it was the drugs that changed her? Maybe she got annoyed at your self righteous attitude.... I admit I lost two friends when I started using psychoactives, but that was because they were not mature enough to deal with my decision. They wouldn't leave me alone about quitting, and it became the main topic of conversation, so I no longer liked being around them. I think my decision changed them a lot more than it changed me. I am very much a live and let live person. I have many friends who don't do drugs and don't approve of them, but they don't bother me about my choices, so I have no problem with them. I don't make any more or less stupid decisions now than I ever have. I'm a semester away from getting a college degree (earlier than most people my age). I have a normal social life, relatively normal mental health (I'm OCD, the weed actually helps with that) and am headed towards a successful career. My dealer has been smoking marijuana for 30 years now. He's a software developer who makes more money in an hour than most people make in a week. He just sells around the office on the side (he takes little to no profit b/c he sells to friends). What do you have to say for yourself, I wonder? I'm not saying that the weed has anything to do with their success, in fact I'm saying it had nothing to do with it. I'm saying you can't blame weed for prolems in your life, it may even help cover up some minor personality flaws to boot. There are however many drugs which can have a severe negative effect on your life if you can't handle them. Meth, cocaine, heroin, alcohol, oxycontin and codiene have very high rates of abuse due to their physiological (not psychological) addictive properties. When something is physiologically addictive it replaces a chemical that your body naturally produces causing your body to stop producing it. When that happens, you can no longer easily give up the drug because your body becomes dependent upon it. The trick is to remember the old addage "everything in moderation." Anything in the world will kill you if you use it too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:10 pm
disgrace_to_humanity

I'm sorry, but whatever your friend smoked, it wasn't cannibus. If it was, it was probably laced with PCP or something. Cannibus won't change your personality after one time, it isn't that powerful, at least not by itself. There are other drugs besides alcohol, pot, and cigarettes, which are debatebly mild compared to cocain, herioin, opium, ecstasy, acid, crack, etc.. My point is, stay educated. If someone's behavior is extremely erratic, they are probably doing more than pot and alcohol.

I myself maintained a 4.0 average my entire high school career, and I smoked pot for the last two years of HS. I have a prescription for cannibus, however. I really think that all drugs should be legalized, but there should of course be regulations. If a person chooses to abuse drugs and start to ruin their lives, then they should also be ready to accept the consequences. I'm a college student and I plan on majoring in biology, and I am certainly capable of doing so. I think that people who really fail at life when they take drugs would probably fail sober as well. I don't mean to be harsh, but I am refering to the person's psychological need to take drugs in the first place.

Aednit X.

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 am
Aednit X.
I'm sorry, but whatever your friend smoked, it wasn't cannibus. If it was, it was probably laced with PCP or something. Cannibus won't change your personality after one time, it isn't that powerful, at least not by itself. There are other drugs besides alcohol, pot, and cigarettes, which are debatebly mild compared to cocain, herioin, opium, ecstasy, acid, crack, etc.. My point is, stay educated. If someone's behavior is extremely erratic, they are probably doing more than pot and alcohol.

I myself maintained a 4.0 average my entire high school career, and I smoked pot for the last two years of HS. I have a prescription for cannibus, however. I really think that all drugs should be legalized, but there should of course be regulations. If a person chooses to abuse drugs and start to ruin their lives, then they should also be ready to accept the consequences. I'm a college student and I plan on majoring in biology, and I am certainly capable of doing so. I think that people who really fail at life when they take drugs would probably fail sober as well. I don't mean to be harsh, but I am refering to the person's psychological need to take drugs in the first place.

Would you mind elaborating on how you have to come to take cannibus?

Also, what regulations would you put on certain drugs? Just a few for example, if you please.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:01 pm
AgentKeg
Aednit X.

Would you mind elaborating on how you have to come to take cannibus?

Also, what regulations would you put on certain drugs? Just a few for example, if you please.

I receive medical cannibus for dysmenorhea, insomnia, and nausia. Sorry for not clarifying earlier!
What regulations would I suggest? Of course there should be severe punishment against driving under the influence (loss of license, fines, classes, jail if repeated DUI). No one under age should be able to purchase substances. I also think that there should only be a certain amount that a person can buy (of course it would be different for each substance). I've never taken LSD or other "heavy" drugs, so I'm not really sure exaclty what measures to take. There should be rules though, everyone shouldn't be allowed to just get as messed up as possible. I think that moderation is really the key to any addiction (even apart from drugs)

Aednit X.

Kaotika

Tipsy Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:03 pm
I was born a drug baby so I was raised around it even after all that one drug should be legal Marijuana because all the others are Highly addicting(if you use them everyday)but this is my opinion and it can't change anything but I stand by what I said  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:43 pm
As far as I'm concerned, keeping them all illegal is fine with me. I see no benefit from them, even though marijuana is supposedly not that addicting and possibly "healthier" than tobacco. Sure, there's the whole issue of making it a choice for a person, but how many people would choose to do drugs and end up screwing up their lives and the lives of their families by blowing all of their money on their drug of choice? They'd end up penniless and eventually dead. Some use to society a drug addict is.

This is a case of male prohibita. Drugs are illegal because the State says it's illegal, and that's all there is to it.  

Der Freischuetz

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:14 pm

I think Aednit X. has some good points. 3nodding
Alright, a (relatively) brief over view of my little drug spiel:

Let's just skip over the whole "are they really bad?" deal. My opinion is that is not a reason to make them illegal even if they are awful. Drugs can be a bad personal choice, but just that - a personal choice. The job of a government is to protect your individual rights from other people-- what you do to and for yourself is your own business that they don't have the right to step in and impose power over. Now by making drugs illegal they are doing just that, and wasting tax money on it too. I say just make them legal and let people deal with their own problems and not make the entire society pay to try to save them from themselves. Will you have a whole lot of people suddenly on drugs and getting really messed up right after you make them legal? Yup. But, give it some time then. Over time, people will start learning (and much more concretely then all these dare classes they give in health classes in school instill upon people) and know to not do them/get themselves under control/quit doing them, or they'll die off as a result of their own conduct with nobody to blame but themselves and then won't go around doing nothing but being a burden. Things will get better again in this way. You either become responsible for your own success or your own failure. If You succeed, good, if not, you're out of the way.
---Oh, and if somebody goes to say "But what about the drug addict's kid/s! They can't help their parent doing drugs!"-- well, on the kids behalf I'm sure there's somebody around who could take care of them instead of the drug addicted parent. Drug addict mom? let the dad take the kid. No dad and a drug addicted mom? Got an aunt, grandparent, friend of the family, anybody interested in having you while the problem persists? Most likely there's somebody around who likes kids and would want to and has the ability to afford you and you can thank and repay them when you are older or the drug addicted parent, as the source of the problem, can if they recover pay for it. If not, I find it hard to believe ALL the adults in your vicinity would be of the child free variety or ALL too poor, so, perhaps you are a bit of a brat with some blame to put on yourself any way. Or what about date rape drugs? Drugging others would still illegal as that falls under doing things to violate the rights of others. Protect your drinks though people. I'm pretty sure anybody who would be with legal drugs willing to pull off this illegal use of them would still have been the type to try it even if the drugs were illegal still.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:15 am
bluecherry

I think Aednit X. has some good points. 3nodding
Alright, a (relatively) brief over view of my little drug spiel:

Let's just skip over the whole "are they really bad?" deal. My opinion is that is not a reason to make them illegal even if they are awful. Drugs can be a bad personal choice, but just that - a personal choice. The job of a government is to protect your individual rights from other people-- what you do to and for yourself is your own business that they don't have the right to step in and impose power over. Now by making drugs illegal they are doing just that, and wasting tax money on it too. I say just make them legal and let people deal with their own problems and not make the entire society pay to try to save them from themselves. Will you have a whole lot of people suddenly on drugs and getting really messed up right after you make them legal? Yup. But, give it some time then. Over time, people will start learning (and much more concretely then all these dare classes they give in health classes in school instill upon people) and know to not do them/get themselves under control/quit doing them, or they'll die off as a result of their own conduct with nobody to blame but themselves and then won't go around doing nothing but being a burden. Things will get better again in this way. You either become responsible for your own success or your own failure. If You succeed, good, if not, you're out of the way.
---Oh, and if somebody goes to say "But what about the drug addict's kid/s! They can't help their parent doing drugs!"-- well, on the kids behalf I'm sure there's somebody around who could take care of them instead of the drug addicted parent. Drug addict mom? let the dad take the kid. No dad and a drug addicted mom? Got an aunt, grandparent, friend of the family, anybody interested in having you while the problem persists? Most likely there's somebody around who likes kids and would want to and has the ability to afford you and you can thank and repay them when you are older or the drug addicted parent, as the source of the problem, can if they recover pay for it. If not, I find it hard to believe ALL the adults in your vicinity would be of the child free variety or ALL too poor, so, perhaps you are a bit of a brat with some blame to put on yourself any way. Or what about date rape drugs? Drugging others would still illegal as that falls under doing things to violate the rights of others. Protect your drinks though people. I'm pretty sure anybody who would be with legal drugs willing to pull off this illegal use of them would still have been the type to try it even if the drugs were illegal still.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How long do you think it'll take people to learn? Have people learned yet? Do you think they'll learn even if they're leagl? More than likely, they won't learn. Even if people start dying in droves, people will probably still believe that the "reward" is greater than the risk. There are also those that believe that drugs serve as a "fuel" for their "creativity." They're not gonna quit just because their drug of choice is bad.

I don't have that much faith. People aren't gonna learn by themselves. People are also determined to believe that whatever the State tells them is wrong. Well, that's their fault for not believing the State, when the State is, in fact, right.  

Der Freischuetz

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces