Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:51 pm
Calamity Meets Rahu

Quiddie!
Calamity wandered around the patches of tents lining the land. He was looking for one special soquili in particular. Though he's never met him, this Rahu character seemed to be a bit of a legend among their group.

He didn't know exactly why he was seeking the stallion out. It must have been his innate drive to compare himself to anything and anyone considered special or unique among it's kind. And this Rahu was very special, if the stories were true. A stallion refusing to base himself by finding a mate?

Though he'd never admit it, Calamity liked him already.

samus x
Rahu snorted as he walked through a clearing. he had no clue that he was being seeked out by someone. giving another snort adn a shake of he head, he looked around with he dark red eyes. just to see if anyone was around. right now he felt like being alone rather than being annoyed by some mare or foal, or even another stallion.

Quiddie!
Cal almost missed the dark colored stallion traipsing about the woods. He blended well against the cool foliage. Not entirely convinced that this was his soquili, he hesitated before barking out at the male.

"You! Over there...are you called Rahu?"

samus x
Rahu glared at the colt. "what if i am. " he snaped at the colt in a annoyed tone. it was never smart to bark something out at him. snorting he eyed the colt and noticed then he was different than most but that was no surprise. having met his kind before, he could careless.

Quiddie!
Calamity smiled. What a show of bravado...what was he so desperate to prove to him?

"I'm looking for him, obviously. So are you Rahu or not. I don't feel like wasting my time right now with lesser creatures."

Cal stamped his hoof aggressively on the soft forest floor. He was no one to be talked down to. And this Rahu fellow would do well to realize this quickly.

samus x
Rahu smirked. " theres no reason i should waste my time on you ether. and yes i Rahu, and im courious as to why your looking for me." he stomped his hoof at the colt back and gave a snort. Rahu was not one to try and intimidate or try things with.

Quiddie!
"Of course you are."

Cal smiled condescendingly and nodded slowly. "But I must be honest, I expected someone more...imposing...than this. I feel let down by the reality of your appearance. Let's just hope that you attitude and intelligence don't prove equally disappointing."

Calamity raised his eyebrows and slowly inspected the stallion. "So, Rahu, you know they talk about you a great deal. Do you know what they say?"

samus x
Rahu raised a brow. " do you think i care if your let down at what i really look like." he eyed the colt for a moment. " im sure i have an idea of what they say and you know what i can care less what they say. cause guess what they are not worth my time, just like you." snorting he took a few steps away. " i still see no reason you seeked me out, cause i hate others who seek me out of follow. so bug off and leave me be."

Quiddie!
"This is terrible," Cal continued, completely unphased by Rahu's outbursts.

"They say you're malicious. Yes, that's the word they bandy about the most. Some go so far as to call you evil. But do you know what I think? And believe me, deep down you certainly do care what I think..."

Cal leaned in closely and spoke in a rough, raspy growl. "I think that calling you evil defames the nature of that very word. I think you're nothing more but a foul-tempered, crude, unintriguing little stallion. I think that soquili like me and my kind are done a disservice by the likes of you, pracing about trying to act like us. But you're nothing more than the dirt in my hoof. And I hope you never forget that."

samus x
Rahu smirked and turned around. " oh really, you really think all that and you have no clue as to who i am. you go by only rumers boy. he eyed the colt for a moment. " if you think im copying your so called evil race, your more stupid than i thought. and actualy i dont, but i will defend myself boy. oh and before i leave, whats you name? "

Quiddie!
"I know that I am. And I've had you figured out since the moment you opened your mouth. How hard is it for you to keep forcing that sneer across your face? Does it shake? Does it falter?

Do you feel cold and alone at night after a busy day of forcing others away from you? Does it hurt? They're just like you. No worse, but maybe better. You shouldn't distance yourself from your peers. It's not right. And that's where we differ.

The Kalona are peerless throughout this world. And that is why we hold all of your kind in such disdain. You could never hope to understand us, so you mislabel us all as an 'evil race'. But we don't blame you. You're too stupid to know any better."

Calamity took his stride and punctuated his words with steps and flutterings of his imperious wings. "Defend yourself all you want, and in any way you see fit. It won't do you any good, but I'll allow you to retain the pride of trying, stallion. And as for my name, I trust it is one you will never forget, even if you pretend to do so. I am Calamity. And I am VERY well named."

samus x
Rahu chuckled. " if you say so Calamity. and i met you Kalona, and i see no reason to fear you, or try to understand you." he gave a snort at him. " i have no peers and choose to distance myself from others since they are all just weak annoyances. you a colt will not tell me what i should or should not be doing. and as for you being well named, well i would have to laugh at that Calamity." giving a grin, he was not going to be pushed around. " you will have to try better than this to find anything out."

Quiddie!
"Truly a disappointment. You've neither heard what I've said nor heeded my warning. Someday you will need to rely on those you deem weak and unnecessary."

His voice was cold and foreboding, betraying his young age. "And if you have anything to fear in this world...in your life. It is me, soquili. Fear me."

With that, he turned and began to walk slowly away, having nothing else to say to Rahu.

samus x
Rahu laughed at Calamity. " i think it will be the other way around boy. and i doubt i will have to come to rely on those who are weak." giving a snorted he had enough with this colt and walked off.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:21 pm
Calamity Meets A Living Strobe Light!

devilnightshade
Vibrant Shades of Death walked calmly his mane rustled in a soft breeze, glowing eyes cast odd shapes across his cheekbones. A glittering ebony coat rustled atop powerful muscles and strong bones.

The stallion paused and sniffed at the air searching for the scent of anyone whom might be nearby, his hooves danced across the bright green grass when he trotted forward, they looked as though he had a cut and blood had started to run in dangerous amounts across the pure ivory surface.

Quiddie!
Calamity was, quite possibly for the first time in his life, on his way somewhere as he crossed paths with another soquili. This one was an adult, and very dark. Black, but his coat color was amlost unnoticeable when compared to the blinding array of sparkling colors he displayed across his body.

Cal stopped dead in his tracks, mezmerized by the dazzling stallion. He looked up at the soquili's blood-red eyes, his mouth agape. And then, he laughed. He laughed so hard his fell over, tears of mirth flowing freely from his eyes.

"Oh goodness...you're a BOY...a big...GLITTERY...BOY! Wahahhahaha...."

He rolled back and forth across the lush green field, unable to control himself.

devilnightshade
Vib cocked an eyebrow for a second when his tail slapped his rump the rainbow skull and crossbones disappeared "Yea what's it to ya kid?"

The stallion swung his hind quarters around so that he face the colt, he didn't look menacing, dangerous or even mean at the moment he was just giving Calamity an odd look.

The wind rustled his tri-colored mane once more and he stamped the earth with his hooves digging up some of the grass and sending it flying out behind him.

Quiddie!
"I...I..." Cal struggled to breathe between bouts of laughter. "I can't believe you! You do know you're covered in glitter, right? Did you do that yourself?"

He managed to roll back over and stand on four hooves again, shaking the grass off his wings, resituating them on his back. He looked back up at the new soquili again. "Who are you, and why on earth do you look like that? I can't even fathom taking you seriously right now."

He shook his head trying to fend off new waves of hysterical laughter. This was too much. Between him and Dancer...honestly what was this bizarre gene producing rainbow ponies everywhere? It was a little girl's dream.

devilnightshade
((I'm porud of his stats so far...cept the courage XD his strength is 10% and speed is 12%))

The stallion tossed his head with a snort and stamped the earth "I was born this way but I personally am proud of my sparkles it makes me different."

"And what about you, You look like a filly till you open your mouth and speak," he tilted his head at the colt and once more raised an eyebrow over his glowing eyes.

He still had yet to let a hint of anger penetrate his shell of complete control, he was hard as a rock showing little to no emotion.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:55 am
A Summer's Rain

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain blew air sharply through her nose. The cool air of the night washing over her coat and making her feel the true air of freedom. She loved nights like these, no clouds in the sky, simply a moon sending rays of light down to her iridescent coat.

Her ears rotated about in all directions as she ran, wind whipping in her hair, she would not be caught off guard. It was nights like these that truly made her love life and wish to make the most of it. What was life without a little adventure and where could adventure better be found than in the dead of night?

A hoot from and owl spooked her for a moment, but she quickly changed alarm to play and kicked her heels high into the air. The forest raced by to the right as she moved out onto the open plains, marvelling in the nights beauty. Her energy picked up and her heart raced faster as the beat of her hooves struck the ground faster and faster. How far could she go tonight, how fast? Only time would tell in this sweet placid eve.

Quiddie!
Calamity watched calmly from the cover of a nearby clump of trees as the mare ran without rhyme or reason across the countryside. He wondered vague what on earth would possess her to do such a thing, but he couldn't help but notice the fluidity of her unhindered stride. She was galloping for it's own sake; because she could. And though he didn't understand it, he watched bemusedly.

He stepped forward only enough to become noticeable if she happened to look in his direction. He would not distract or interject for attentions' sake. Not out of politeness persay, because he hardly knew the meaning of the word. But if she desired company - his company - she would seek it completely of her own volition.

Kealdra Arrikanez
As always Ran kept her senses alert and her body poised for any sign of danger. Much could happen in the nighttime and she wasn't one to push her luck. A glint reflected off to her side, a glint of something that didn't belong. She flicked an ear in that direction, but she heard little else from the interuption. Letting out a snort she arched her neck and skidded to a halt.

Raising her head back high she turned to face what was lurking near her with her head and tail heald high. It was none other than a Soquili, also out enjoying the moon in its liquid rays. She furrowed her brows at the creature and dipped her head down to get a better look. Should she approach? She inhaled a deep breath of air, stallion. No harm there, just another horse, right?

Quiddie!
Calamity silently whickered his approval at her acknowledgment of him. He stepped forward and away from the brush, fanning out his wings a few times before resettling them on his back. He'd just managed to control them into flight with his muscular frame, and occasionally they twitched with an almost autonomous longing for use.

Cal looked up at the moon. He didn't know which he preferred, the daytime of the night. The night was too cool and quiet, a realm for the spirit and the mind to speak unavoidable truths. There was too much honestly in the night. He decided then that he preferred the balmy, numbing qualities of the day.

He cursed the fuidity of the moon's refected light and shifted anxiously, wondering if she would near, or if he would have to do all the work tonight. He didn't think they'd met before. Her markings even at a distance seemed new and undiscovered.

Kealdra Arrikanez
Unlike the Kalona, Rain loved the night with all its mysteries. It sent butterflies alight in her stomach, everything was faster, out of proportion and not what they seemed. Everything was as it should be, and yet, not. This was what she loved, this freedom, even the sky was no limit as it melded with the ground in blackness.

The exciting thoughts that filled her mind pumped her body with adrenaline until she let it burst for in one swift motion. She raised onto her back feet, pawing indefinately at the air, comming down with a rush of air, wind cool in her face. She let out a wicker to respond to him and dragged out her bit of energy through movement.

Her feet were soft upon the ground as she trotted her way over to him, her head held high and proud, tail swishing softly behind her. He seemed to glow, to her, in the moonlight, his white coat standing iridescent against the black of night.

If he was out at this time of hour he must have posed some kind of excitement. Perhaps he ran as she did, perhaps he looked for trouble, either way, his appearance at these hours made her think highly of him even before their meeting.

Quiddie!
She was certainly a stranger, yet not so strange. Calamity snorted tamely in a return, bowing his head slightly out of respect for the lady. She was so energetic, so excited to be here in this moment, in this place. Practiced boredom with his surroundings since his birth made her enthusiasm seem foreign.

He couldn't tell in the blue-stained light if her eyes were as piercingly light and bright as they appread just then. He payed careful attention to her features, studying them longer at once than he had on any other creature other than himself.

"I am Calamity. You...you're not from around here are you?"

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain could feel his gaze upon her, but she didn't mind. She was used to the stares of others by now. What got her such attention she did not know, but it was another reason she so desired the night over the day.

She had recognized him immediately, stories Little Creek told her of the Kalona were harsh, but she did not falter. She greeted him with the same respect that she would any Soquili, never judging upon first impression and giving time before summing up her views on another. The only thing that could swiftly change her mind from neutrality is if he dared threaten or harm Little Creek, then her teeth would be at his throat in seconds. Normally not the strongest Soquili by standards, when Little Creek was endangered adrenaline quickly changed all that.

She cocked a brow at him, a smile spreading across her maw. "No, I daresay I am not." She eyed him over, just to see what he was. He had a nice body and interesting features. The leathered wings were a nice touch, she had always dreamed of flying. Her smile broadened.

"I run with the night, care to join me?" she asked, with a hint of deviousness in her voice. "Or we could walk," she quickly added, her voice softened, it was halfway in between a tease and a serious statement. He could take it either way.

Quiddie!
Her voice at once was both soft and strong, teasing and cajoling. And always lyrical. He wondered absently if this art of speaking was learned or even intentional. But it disarmed him instantaneously from any initial doubts or concerns he had about the newcomer.

Though he seldom displayed his pysical prowess outside of asserting his superiority over the terrain or another creature, he accepted her invitation with a jerk of a nod, and set off galloping into the night without giving her a chance to respond.

The cool air was uplifting and encouraging, driving his legs to move faster and faster until he could fly even without the need of his great wings. He smiled in understanding of why she was about so late, and looked to see if she had pursued.

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain already found him wildly fascinating. She had a soft spot for those who said little, one reason she had taken to Wapi so fondly. She could almost call him brother now, but she had hardly known him for more than a few hours. This other male intrigued her, and she respected his silence, mysteries of what lied beneath that glowing outer coat dancing in her mind.

It made her near giddy on the inside when he accepted her request in his small way and she could feel the sudden surge of a race build into her muscles as he tore away.

Having to turn was nothing she couldn't handle so she took the weight of her front legs and raised them up, spinning violently fast with her back before lunging forwards into the night. She stretched out her legs, going slow at first, then faster and faster, hooves pounding with her heart. She could feel the grass as it tore against her legs, trying to hold her back, but she always broke free. She would catch him, she was determined to.

He looked back at her and she lowered her head, charging forwards once more. One normally slowed when they looked back, the perfect opportunity to catch up. She was more or less in the attitude of passing him. Leading him, who knew where, somewhere. Maybe to run forever into the night or until the break of day. Did it really matter? The cool wind told her not. She luaghed as she came up to him letting drop the word, "Rain," as she passed. Realizing very well she had not given him a name before.

Quiddie!
He'd underestimated her speed. She was now...ahead of him, and though his hyper-competitive nature usually won out, for now he was too caught up with introspection to mind much being lead across the plains by this brilliant mare.

"Rain?" He glanced up at the cloudless sky before the realization that it must be her name. "Ah...a very good name."

He unfurled his massive wings and flapped them occassionally to speed his gait. Were he to actually try, Cal was sure he would manage to catch up to Rain without them, but why not show off the goods?

He managed to slip up next to the mare again and glanced down to admire the silhouette of her churning musculature beneath the painted coat. "Lead on, my dear."

He dropped back half a step in order to allow her the freedom to choose a direction to anywhere at all. He felt as though her could keep up this pace for days.

Kealdra Arrikanez
She smiled as she faintly heard his soft words behind her. His voice was so dark and sweet. Like living an eternity after night fall. In some ways it calmed her and in others it sent and exhilerating feel through her whole body.

She spied his radiant wings, flashing blue against the night sky. She beheld their beauty for a time, mind running over their silky leather in a world only she saw. With these magnificent specimens he was quickly near her once more.

Laughing lightly she changed directions, kicking her heels out towards him before pounding off into the darkening night. Just to test how his agility was. She would lead, lead them through everything.

Making a break for it she kept her heart set on the forest edge, determined to get their first, tearing through the grass like fire. The ground suddenly sunk underneath her, feet slipping in soft mud, but still she persued onwards.

Water splashed upwards, soaking her body and raining down in showers upon her head. Water was something difficult to run through, so instead she took it with a hopping technique, sending small waves in a circular direction, light dancing merrily of its surface.

Then she made a slight miscalculation and went down. She was never the most graceful of horses and water was never her specialty. Rolling head first, she caused another typhoon of water as her front end was submerged. Pushing downwards with her feet and jerking up with her head she tried to correct herself, gasping upwards for air.

Quiddie!
Calamity, never so agile as the mare, stumbled through a few steps before turning and pursuing. And when she fell, he was still mid-stride, and had to backtrack to get back to her.

The fall was certainly a break in their rhythym, but for once Calamity thought very little of it, other than concern as he stepped lightly around her and offered assistance to help her up.

His mind alighted back to the moment before she fell, and though the expression on her face was worth a chuckle, his memory paid far closer attention to the bright glow of her beautifully wide, crystalline eyes reflecting the moonlight. She too was like the moon, and were he a poet, he could properly articulate what he meant. But Rain was the moon to him, though a watery, mudsplattered one at the moment.

Using his tail, he tried his best to help pull her upright. She was soggy, no doubt, but somehow even prettier in her humility that moment. Laughing and proud, and indominable despite the rest of the world. He finally chanced to speak.

"Are you alright...Rain?"

He shifted slightly, his wings outspread for balance on the unstable, watery firmament.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:56 am
An Ounce of Maturity

Note: This was from a significantly longer, very dramatic story line encompassing many characters and several plot lines. I'm only including my own posts conducted in formal rp style. I couldn't help be include this because it affects a great deal of Cal's characterization and forges quite a few of his relationships with other soquili. Having said that, here's the tail end of that night...

Quiddie!
devilnightshade
Skye Starrfyre
He stomped at the ground, pulling up a clod of dirt with one of his own crimson hooves, eyes narrowing in a way that was anything but nice. "Boy, eh? You dun' scare Remy, Twinkles. Dun' scare Remy a't'all. What... No one evah teach you ta treat da ladies wit respect?" He reared up as well, showing that two could battle the air... Just as two could easily race with it. "Take it back."

Vibrant's sparkling coat had dulled and darkened once more and he let out a feral growl. "Like you scare me either there kid," His lough rumbled form his very gut "Oh yes i was taught to respect mares... the mares that earned respect " He gnashed his teeth and laid his ears flat at Remy.

"Degewi, I respect you for the stallion you are, every aspect of it. Not an ounce of pity, though, if you're asking." He clenched his jaw and turned to the row flaring between Remy and Vibe.

"Sounds like your parents were just as classless as you are. And that's just a shame. They shouldn't have been allowed to breed. Hopefully we'll be able to properly prevent that mistake with you, Sparkles."

Skye Starrfyre
He wasn't intimidated by the 'color-changing' coat. If anything, he didn't even notice the difference as it was not the other stallion's (if one could even call something as low as that a stallion) coat that his eyes were on. No... It was his eyes. His own glowing embers remained locked on the eyes of 'Twinkles'.

His nostrils flared as he stomped at the ground once more in annoyance, tail whipping back and forth against his hindquarters, dancing like an angry flame. "She did not'in' to you an' you disrespect her. Remy oldah than you, Sparkeh. He show you what happens to fools who insult da wrong ladehs."

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain smiled and swished her tail lightly from side to side. I am Rain and from the bickering I have deciphered that you are called Vibrant, no?" She dipped her own head in respect and winked at Calamity who was attempting to settle things his own way.

devilnightshade
"It's a pleasure to meet you deary and indeed I'm Vibrant...or as these two are calling me sparkles or twinkles." His tri-colored tail swished back and forth across his hunches. He was practically ignoring Remy and Cal now, they weren't worth him talking too.

Kealdra Arrikanez

Rain let out a harmonious laugh as sweet as spring. "Well I'll avoid calling you Twinkles or Sparkles for now." She eyed him over once. "And I quite like the coat, it makes you stand out in the crowd." Calamity stand out, too, she added to herself silently.

Naysha Aysha
Degewi: *smiled* Hmm..then you I can accept you as an equal and respect you as well Cal, your not as dim witted as you make yourself out to be.

devilnightshade
"I like my coat perfectly aswell," he shook his msucles and a shower of sparkles fell form his ebony sides "well..not so much the sparkle shower everytime i move." His blood lookin hoof stamped the earth again but this time just to expend some pent up energy. "I've never been one to 'go with the crowd' what's the use of it?"

Quiddie!

Cal looked over at Rain and scowled. Not this punk...he would lose an irrecoverable amount of respect for the mare if she pursued conversation with Glitter-boy.

He glared at her, snorting moodily at her airy demeanor. "For once in your life, Sparkles, be a gentleman."

Skye Starrfyre
He snorted once more, not the one to be ignored... Especially not by one who'd just been challenged for insulting a mare. He pawed at the ground, rearing up once more while letting out fierce whinney. Once his hooves touched the ground he charged at Vibe, intent on taking him down.

Quiddie!

Cal rolled his eyes and bit his tongue for once in his life. "I'll take that as a compliment, apparently, oh Sage-and-Cryptic warhorse."

He bowed slightly in jest and smirked, taking in the odd assortment of tribal paint on the horse. "So, how'd you get all...this?"

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain flicked a gaze over at Cal. "If you know all, then you can use all. Know only one and the whole world will be against you." She hoped he realized what she meant, for she did respect the Kalona greatly. "The crowd is where the Soquili's are. If you can't be there, life is dead for most. Solitude is a hard thing to grasp. Let us hope that some of us can hold our wits in such a state. But I believe I've lengthened my stay, you still have issues to settle and greviences to repair. With a farewell smile she trotted over to join Calamity.

devilnightshade

Vib saw him cing and leaped forward standing as still as a marbel statue his ears were flat against the back of his head. The stallion didn't move to intercept Remy but stood there as if his legs were steel pillers drille ditno the ground, his eyes glistning "Back off boy... stop being jealous cause you didn't get the mare's attention." His voice was cool and he stayed in control of his emmotions.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya snorted, whuffling around the crowd. This was the most Soquili she'd ever seen at one time. It was rather intimidating. She hoped she blended in well.

Naysha Aysha

Degewi's eyes though blind seemed to sadden.
"My one and only family member gave it to me. In the time when I was young and war raged between the tribes over the land.....though I shall not bore you of my life's story.Though I can say that my family no longer walks the land that we do."

Skye Starrfyre
He didn't listen to the words uttered by the eyesore. No, those words meant nothing because he knew... knew... That Vibrant had no idea as to what he was talking about. This was not jealousy. This was protection... Honor. Even scoundrels and rogues knew well that there were certain things that were never said of ladies, especially if they were untrue.

Vibrant didn't move. Good. He hadn't wanted him to move. No, standing as he was, he could easily barrel into the other male. Male. He refused to refer to that tack piece of horseflesh as a stallion because he'd done nothing to deserve the title. He let out a shrill screech as he attacked the colorful one... He'd better put up a good fight.

Quiddie!

Smiling softly as Rain trotted lightly back towards him, he gave her a cordial bow and whicked softly at her to return by his side. He gestured towards the ensuing fight between Remy and Sparkles.

"That stallion is a creep...no better than a human. I hope Remy stomps him into a pile of glitter in the dust."

He looked down at her, his expression softening mildly. It was almost unnerving how easily she managed to cozy up to him and the other soquili around. He'd have to be wary of her in the fututre. But for the time, he would privately wallow in the delight of her having chosen him for company over the arrogant blowhard Vib.

InfinitiesOfSoules

Tehya watched the fight with growing trepidation. Oh dear. Ohdear. Someone was going to get hurt.

devilnightshade
Vib let out another unhorselike roat inherited from his parents as he ducked low right as remy reached and suddenly came up slamming his body into the other stallions head and jaw.

He reared once more over Remy his eyes glowing with hatred for this disgusting pile of dung. He bared his teeth again once mroe wishing he'd had his parents fnags, but that didn't matter his teeth and hooves could still take care of remy o ntheir own.

Quiddie!
Cal laughed arrogantly and called over to Tehya. "You look lost! Get over here, sugarpuff!"

He noted the look of concern on her face and tossed his mane proudly. "What's wrong? You prefer a lover, not a fighter? don't worry, pet. I'm a bit of both."

His tail lashed over to hit her in the side.

Naysha Aysha

Degewi had had enough of this and not caring for himself he galloped between the two stallions and let out a roar of a whinny waiting for the pounding before he would speak.

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain's gaze flicked over to Vibrant and Remy. She respected the male for jumping in front to protect her even as she had turned to leave. To her the fight truly meant nothing, they were both battling it out over something not worth the spill of blood. They were words, until they became actions they were nothing.

"Humans do what they can with what they have. In some ways they are better than us, they can be forgiven for they are not blessed as you or I. Vibrant cannot change who he is, and I must not hold that against him. As long as he hurts neither you or I there is nothing I can rightfully do to him, or wish upon him. Do you understand I cannot hate him for you?" She smiled at him sweetly, hoping he had the heart that he seemed to show towards her.

Skye Starrfyre
That glittery toad was lucky to have missed Remy's head... Or maybe it was Remy's luck. He reared up, letting loose another cry as he prepared to slash his hooves at the pathetic excuse for a stallion... Ceasing his actions rather than harm someone who played no foul in this game. His eyes narrowed as his hooves hit the ground, snorting with great distaste.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya scowled at Calamity and dodged his tail. "You watch that thing. And I'm not your sugarpuff." she told him sternly. Her eyes almost glowed as she waited for what would surely be blood spilled... And gave an involuntary sniff of disappointment as a third stallion jumped into the fray.

Her pinkish eyes drifted over to the mare they were fighting over. She was a classic beauty. Tehya sighed, head falling. Not like she cared if people thought if she was pretty though. No, she didn't, of course.

Quiddie!

Cal listened anxiously to Rain's words. He did not agree, but responded to the lilt and song in her voice as she spoke. Just as he was about to open his mouth to reply, he saw Degewi dart between the clashing soquili.

Faster than he'd ever moved before (thanks to the added push of his great wings) Calamity jumped to aid Degewi in case the stallions would not stop. He knew he would hold his own, but he stood there regardless, rearing back on his mighty hind legs and letting loose a powerful neigh that echoed more like a roar in the woods. He stamped back down hard, newly aware of his immense size.

devilnightshade

Vib froze and came down with a thud when Degewi jumped in the way, and for respect of the stallion Vibrant stood proudly "I refuse to fight a sensless battle." He let out a disgusted snort but he didn't leave Degewi there alone with Remy for who knew what that psychotic stallion would do.

He snorted at Cal's roar and never even turned to agknowledge the kalona's presence but kept his eyes squarely on Remy and Degewi.

Naysha Aysha
Degewi's ears twiched at the sound of Calamity comming to his aid.
"Cal?" he couldnt help, but say shocked by calamity's actions.

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain nodded her approval at Calamity. What he did was noble, she didn't care why he did it, but he had done it. Her eyes shifted over towards the mare that had joined them. "You are?" she questioned of the mare, raising an eyebrow. Calamity seemed to show interest in her, and Rain naturally was inquisitive of her surroundings, her mind at ease now that the fighting seemed over.

Skye Starrfyre
He bared his teeth at Vibrant, wishing that the large stallion hadn't stepped in. Someone needed to teach that glittering blemish on the face of the earth mother a lesson... And he would pray to the great spirits that, someday, he'd get his chance.

InfinitiesOfSoules
"I'm Tehya." the mare answered, and bobbed her head politely at the other. Her eyes watched Calamity for a moment. Okay, so THAT earned him brownie points. At least he would have one good thing attributed to his growing up. Then her gaze drifted back to Rain. "And who might you be?

Quiddie!
Calamity snorted and gave a little grunt in the affirmative to Degewi. He spread wide his wings, hoping to push the warring stallions a bit father away from each other. "This is over. Both of you leave. Your points have been thoroughly made."

He puffed himself up a little more and sneered, wondering why the hell he was involving himself. Degewi could manage this more than capably.

Kealdra Arrikanez

Rain nodded her head, it was an interesting name. Her attention was caught by Calamity again. The male was apparently trying to fix things. Odd for him, she automatically assumed from others reactions, but good none the less. Who was she to judge?

The voice of the mare brought her back to awarness again. "I'm called Rain by most." she stated, her ears rotated to listen to Cal, but her eyes intently focused on Tehya.

Skye Starrfyre
"Remy's leavin'... Dun want ta breathe same air with scum any longeh..." He snorted, nostrils flaring once more as he stepped back. He made sure that he was a good foot or so beyond the reach of the stallions who seemed insistent on keeping him seperated from the colt before turning back, eyes gleaming as he spoke one final warning before trotting off. "Don' let me evah hear you disrespectin' mah chere again... Or any otha chere... I hear... You goin' down."

Naysha Aysha
Degewi turns his head as though he could see Calamity.
Degewi had never been aided or protected like that.
Though it made him feel small, it also made him feel like he had a real friend. Degewi wouldnt let himself think to much into it though.
He had had the lion's share of dispointments before.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya smiled. "A pretty name." she said softly. Her tail twitched, batting at the flies in the air. "Ugg, the bugs." she murmured, snapping viciously at one as it tried to light on her ear. Her eyes followed Remy as he turned, then said something. Oh, how she wished she could hear more clearly.

Kealdra Arrikanez

Rain flicked one ear towards Tehya as she spoke. "Here. Let me help you with that. Those insects can be quite buggy." She turned her body so that her tail end was towards Tehya's front and she could properly flick the flies away on the fore end of the mare's body and the mare could adequetly flick the flies away from her body as well. "Just an old trick of the trade" She confirmed, swishing her tail lightly from side to side.

Quiddie!
Cal couldn't bring himself to inquire about Degewi's well-being. He was already way out of his comfort zone, and though he was itching for a fight himself, he knew he'd thrown himself into harm's way just for the sake of a stallion he could hardly call a friend. Strangeness...and getting stranger.

He growled again out of a mix of several current frustrations and closed his eyes, working to control a rising wave of rage inside of him by breathing slowly. Tehya was insufferable, Rain was proving too quick to get under his skin for his liking, he's actually apologized to another soul for the first time in his life, and every fiber of his Kalona being wants to tear Vibrant limb from limb. And with his newfound adulthood, he knew he was complete capable of it.

He staggered back and away from the group without a word.

InfinitiesOfSoules
Tehya nickered her thanks, trying not to giggle as Rain's tail swished across the end of her nose that she lowered too far. She let out a slight sleepy noise, absently pulling up a chunk of grass and chewing it delicately. She watched Calamity go without saying a word. Silently, she took up more grass.

Kealdra Arrikanez
Rain stomped a hoof as a fly landed on it, causing her skin to twitch. He went of in the other direction. This annoyed and perplexed her slightly. Ran was in no mood for food so she simply watched and listened to her surroundings. A bird chirped here, something else moved there. She missed the wind.

Letting out a sigh as she could take it no longer she broke away from Tehya and loped over to meet up with Cal. Whether he wanted to talk to her or not was his choice, but she could at least be there to show that she cared and if she had hurt him in any way that she was sorry and would try and make up for it.

Naysha Aysha
Degewi could hear Cal backing away.
~I knew it~ Degewi thought to himself.
Degewi resumed his normal pose his head down aligned with his back and started to walk off away from to other stallions unknowingly headed towards the mares.

devilnightshade

Vib laughed at Remy "I'd like to see you try small fry," He looekd calmly over to Degewi "you oculda been hurt stepping in like that Dew...but thanks ya helped me clear my heead...that was a pointless fight started by a jealous child." He snorted and turned to leave himself "you take care of yourself Degewi ...i'd be devestated to hear of somethign happening to you." Vibrant's tial slapped his rump and he moved on hhis head raised out of pride for whom he was and how he looked.

Naysha Aysha
Degewi just nodded to Vib's words due to the fact that he was returning to his normal emo, quite, wandering self.

Quiddie!
Cal walked, trying vainly to siphon off bits of anger on the neighboring trees, marring them mercilessly with the clawed tips of his wings and muscular tail. A sudden swing and accompanying flurry of motion made him pause, as another soquili sidled up to him.

"Rain. I should have guessed."

He hardly slowed his step as he addressed her, folding his wings back only his back. "You're well-named, mare. You're unrelenting and sudden like the rains around these lands."

He looked down at her icily, working harder than she could imagine to maintain his cool demeanor. "And that was not a compliment."

Kealdra Arrikanez
Ouch. That stung, majorily stung. Rain cared deeply about what others thought about her and she wasn't doing so well with Cal. She could weave her words to make him happy, but he didn't like being happy. She looked up at him with furrowed brows, easily keeping her pace with his long strides. She turned her head away from him and dropped her head low to examine the ground. Perhaps she had been wrong to think something of him afterall. The Kalona weren't dangerous, just heartless. Danger, adventure, fun, all that she could take. But bitter hatred for change of what once was? She wasn't so sure of that one.

Quiddie!
"You're allowed to speak your mind, you know that right?" He sighed unwilling our unable to stop the spout of unnecessarily heard words. But she had pursued him, after all. He would not deign to adjust himself to make her any more comfortable.

"Are you only capable of using that silver tongue to sedate stallions? does it serve no greater purpose? I will not be cajoled by the likes of you, no matter how strong a gauzy viel you make weave over my eyes. I will be fooled only for so long by you, Rain."

He did not stop himself. He jew set, and the muscles in his large frame grew visible with the strain of his tension. "Pretty eyes and pretty words. You're a mare like other mares, and I'd do well to be free of you. I am newly grown, and unable to fend myself off your wiles. If this is adulthood, I already grown nostalgic for the placid waters of my foalhood."

Kealdra Arrikanez
Bitter distaste filled Rain's mouth and she snorted, her first sign of defiance yet. "This silver tongue is used for much more than any sedating of horses not worth my time. I use it to find my way in the world. Did you not notice I returned to you. I came back. Does jealously drive your heart away, or is it something else? I do not wish to persue those stallions, I simply take them for what they are. It is cruel, Calamity, but I use them to my ways. They melt before me like butter, am I crazy not to take advantage of that. If I live in a world with no enemies who is there to stop me. I live in freedom, then, and I have no worries." Her intentions were not to fool him at all, but he only saw on the above surface. He was as thick souled as she previously presumed and probably not worth her continued time.

"I came over here to offer you some comfort, for no one else has. They don't want to see beneath your hard surface, they see as you see, only the glittery outer-coat. It is apparent that you think me only a toy to please and whom likes to please. I'm sorry I could not fall into your perfect world. Do you speak out, or do I go now and leave you to yourself?" She finished her speach with a hiss, something she had not shown in her voice yet to anyone. It was sweet creme talk then, but serious business now. She would not be taken for a fool.

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 pm
A Kalona and a Gambit

Quiddie!
His first introduction to the stallion so regularly whispered about (especially by the mares) had come during a particularly intense night a few days earlier. Words and blows were exchanged; new alliances and enmities created. And despite the sudden drawing of lines, Cal had not formed any distinct opinion about the heavily accented midnight colored beast he had more or less sided with.

But today was a new day, and Calamity strode purposefully across the lands, following winsome whispers and rumors of the stallion's current location. He would speak to him, and decide for himself what he really thought of the supposed lothario, but although he knew they were of a common understanding, he just wasn't sure he liked Remy.

Skye Starrfyre
He had cooled considerably between his last encounter with the kalona... Of course, he couldn't quite recall that part of the night clearly. He knew that two had come between he and his prey, and that one had told them both to leave... But his mind had been clouded considerably by other thoughts.

The stallion had chosen the perfect place to continue cooling his tempers; back at the lack where he'd last frolicked with the mare who he'd been defending the night of the 'fight'. There were good, happy thoughts here... And cool water. Water that the tip of his muzzle was now pressed to, drinking deeply of the crystal clear liquid.

Quiddie!
Against the cool blue of the large lake opening up before him, he probably could have lost Remy and his inky coat. But that mane...that tail...and were he at a clearer angle, his eyes would have quickly betrayed him. They blazed like fire on the horizon, and Calamity though he actually may have squinted slightly in compensation.

The night drove intermittent chilling breezes across the water, and unlike Calamity who couldn't help but shiver (despite his best efforts), Remy stood entirely unfazed by the wind other than a gentle stirring of his vibrant hair.

Cal approached, unassured of how to address. He decided to follow suit and drink from the lake's edge. The water was cool, and made him realize how thirsty he'd actually been. The tips of his long mane fell into the water, and Cal cursed himself knowing how annoying the wet hair would prove to be momentarily.

His eyes snapped open from his parched reverie, and he looked over at the other stallion, wondering if he would have to further assert his presence, or if he had already been acknowledged.

Skye Starrfyre
He might have been in thought but he would have been a fool to not notice the approach of another male. The sound of hooves on the ground, no matter how soft, was distinct... As was the drinking of water that followed after the approach. Calamity, for all of his size and accessory-like appendages, had a silent grace about him that was much appreciated.

By the time the pale stallion's gaze lifted it would find, and meet, with Remy's burning embers. They spoke of an innate fire burning within and a challenge to all who would seek to extinguish it but, as midnight lids fell over them in a blink, that 'threat' was taken away.

When they opened again his head tilted towards the sky, muscles along his neck rippling with the movement. He wasn't a brute of a stallion. He wasn't thick or anywhere near to being a wall of power... But there was a strength about him, backed by determination. "Evenin'..." One word spoken. As far as he was concerned, it was the only word needed for now.

Quiddie!
Cal's ears pricked up in attention at Remy's near-forgotten drawl. He stood, stepping back and away from the water's edge, turning his large form at full attention to the stallion.

Much to his chagrin, he couldn't think of exactly how to address the other beyond this point. Unfortunately, Remy had summed things up impeccably in a dingle word. He sighed silently, searching for words and avoiding the unforgivingly intense gaze bearing down on him.

Finally, Cal's chin lowered and he cleared his throat slightly before it's use. "Your name is Remy? I don't think we were properly introduced at any point. My name is Calamity."

His words were clear and deliberate, even-toned so nothing of his character and disposition could be read from it. The only meaning given were his words, not his inflection. He did it almost as a conscious acknowledgement of Remy's lyrical accent.

Skye Starrfyre
He nodded once as the stallion voiced his name in question; a fiery tress falling over his eyes only to be blown away by a gust of heated air from his mouth. His words, once they came, flowed from his tongue like the cool waters that fed the lake they now made 'conversation' by. "Non, we not been introduced a't'all. Matter 'o fact, I think we only meet because someone step out o' line." He snorted at that, nostrils flaring as his inner fires blazed for a moment before cooling as much as they were likely to.

He 'pawed' at the ground with one of his front hooves, stirring up a bit of dirt before his movements brought him back away from the lake's edge. It would almost seem as if he were trying to put more distance between himself and the kalona... But such was certainly not the case. No, he, much like the other stallion, wished to face the other male as they spoke.

"S'there somethin' I can do for you, Calamit'eh?" His brow raised slightly out of curiosity. Was he going to have to defend himself? He couldn't recall the kalona siding with the fool... But one could never be certain.

Quiddie!
"No, Remy. I'm here for exactly the reason you mentioned. We've not been propery introduced, and whether or not you're aware of the ways of this land...I am more or less the authority of these herds. I make it a point to meet every newcomer myself. Having said that, I seldom tolerate strangers, especially ones that cause such a disruption so quickly."

He smirked and flapped his long wings in an obvious display of prowess. "Then again, Vibrant Shades of Death has been more than a nuisance since the day his glittery, arrogant hide stepped into the fold. Do know that under other circumstances I certainly would have allowed you to do as you wished with him. But at that time, the peace had to be preserved. Another day, then."

The cool breeze rustled his mane and emblodened him to spout further exaggerations of his own importance. "You are welcome here, Remy. But you'll do well to stay in line. I'll be watching you."

He gave an extra flap of his wings for finality and stood up as straight as possible, puffing up his chest.

Skye Starrfyre
Those burning embers remained fixed on Clamity as he spoke and, for a moment, something flickered within them... Something so close to amusement that one might have imagined laughter coming from the stallion who stood so still that, had it not been for the rise and fall of his chest and the flicker of his mane in the gentlye breeze, one might have believed him to be a brilliantly painted totem. The ultimate authority to be obeyed at all costs?

He waited for the pale kalona to finish his speach before speaking his own thoughts. "Dat name's not one worthy o' bein' uttered by anyone's lips, let alone the lips of one who claims to be the local authoriteh. Fools like dat think they powerful... But they loose dat power da moment you turn away. They invisible." He accented that particular thought with a snort.

Then, that look of amusement returned, a slight grin moving the corners of his mouth. "Why you be watchin' me? See somethin' you like?" It should have been obvious that he was teasing. "Dun' worry... Remy always on best behavior."

Quiddie!
He couldn't help himself. Perhaps it was the lilting accent, or maybe the very relaxed-yet-alert nature of the midnight stallion, but Calamity's demeanor immediately broke with Remy's joke. He had shown the Kalona proper respect, and in doing so even proved himself to be worthy of more than Calamity's disdain and wariness. He was, in fact, a brother.

"I couldn't agree more. And don't get your hopes up because I've got pink in my coloring, friend. I don't swing that way."

He chuckled and tossed his mane, turning away from the lake. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, Remy."

He smirked and looked back at the deep, inky blue-blackness of the sky, water, and soquili. Despite his natural camoflauge, and even without the flare of his eyes and mane, Remy could never be invisible. Not by a long shot. And even with his amiable nature, Calamity still felt there was a lot about that stallion he'd never know. But then again, as long as he never crossed him, there was no reason other than idle curiousity to find out.

He'll be quite a hit with the mares, I think. Nothing appeals to silly females more than an air of mystery. Remy's cornered the market. He's competition, but no enemy...that's for certain.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:57 pm
Rahu Revisited

Quiddie!
Calamity stomped arrogantly through the woods, like he did every other day. Very much preoccupied with the wonderous feeling of his newly-realized adulthood, he took great pride in leaving his mark wherever he could manage it: be it through the merciless thrashing of trees and growth, or the occasion crushing of rocks in a primal display of Kalona strength.

He did not worry about the ruckus he created, because he cared not if he annoyed or offended any other living soul. And most of all, he saw no need for surruptitiousness in is encountering any other soquili in these forests. They were his by rite of power, and he would do in them as he pleased.

samus x
Rahu awoke at the sound of someone stomping around. Snorting in annoyance, he had been out running and worn himself out from it. Getting up he was annoyed at being woken up from his sleeping. He went in the direction of where he heard with nose, glaring with pinned back ears.

Quiddie!
Through the cacophony of his own making, Calamity's ears picked up the distinct set of noises outside of his own. He stopped mid-step, turning to see a pair of familiar, cold eyes glittered back out at him from the shadows like a pair of rubies.

He quirked his head to the side in a gesture somewhere between invitation and daring to upend his fragile good mood. "Rahu, brother," he oozed in unveiled challenge to the stallion he now looked eye-to-eye with, "how are you this fine summer evening?"

samus x
Rahu snorted. " first time someone ever decided to call me brother. and as to how im doing, i was happyly sleeping til you came stomping around Calamity." glaring, he saw he had grown but that made no difference to Rahu. still it annoyed him a bit how Calamity stared him right in the eyes. " seems you grown, but it also seems you taken to stomping around."

Quiddie!
"This is one habit I've gladly dragged with me into adulthood." He lingured of the last word in intention emphasis, reinforcing once more that he was now of an age and size to be a real threat to Rahu if he so chose.

The very idea pulled the corners of his mouth into an arrogant smirk. "It is both too early and too pleasant to be wasting your life away in sleep. Besides, don't you think you're a bit vulnerable just lying about in the open? You never know what manner of ill-wishing beast could come upon you and do you harm. Goodness knows noone would want that to happen."

He made to effort to hide his biting sarcasm, and threw his bi-colored mane casually over his shoulder.

samus x
Rahu smirked as he could tell Calamity was thinking he was a threat. oh Rahu knew Calamity could but then Rahu was not just all talk adn knew how to fight if need be. " my oh my still the cocky one. and no i tend to be a light sleeper. oh and i do know those who would love to see me get attacked." tossing his own long mane, he was starting to find Calamity amusing.

Quiddie!
"Really?" Cal feigned utter surprise and lifted a hoof in mocking shock. "Whoever would wish you harm? You're such a pleasant stallion, after all."

He lowered his hoof and pressed it into a particularly soft spot in the soil, leaving an imprint. He smiled inwardly at once again asserting himself against the terrain. Mine, he thought shallowly, only halfway returning his attentions to the conversation at hand.

"And I choose not to consider it cockiness, Rahu. Moreso an open acceptance to how truely awesome I am. How you interpret said confidence is none of my concern, but certainly a reflection of your own inner workings. Remember that."

He raised his eyebrow slightly, focusing his gaze nonchalantly on a nearby shrub.

samus x
Rahu still had that smirk on his face. " i think you have had enough fun mocking Calamity or shall i let you continue to. and i find one who thinks they are awsome as you put is being cocky." he saw Calamity eye a shrub. " seems you have learned nothing since the last i saw you."

Quiddie!
"I've learned a great deal, old man, since we last met. Perhaps you can't see it now, but provoke me further and I will gladly show you."

He tried to betray not an ounce of his growing annoyance in his voice, but Rahu was raising his ire a great deal. "You can try to be cutting and cruel to your hearts' content, but you just don't pull it off as well and I do, friend. Let that sweet comprehension lull you off to sleep and you fade away, utterly obsolete. Go be a hermit at the far edge of the mountains if you care so little for contact with others. Frankly, you just haven't the guts to pursue what you really want."

He grinned a vicious grin, lowering his head for the final dig. "Either that, or you're simply to stupid to know what you want. I haven't decided which is worse, but rest assure they are both very pathetic."

samus x
Rahu grinned maliciously. �Seems I can even annoy you calamity. And oh I think I pull off being what I am just fine." he then gave a mocking bow. �Thank you for saying that. No really thank you. And I do know what I want, cause well I would not do what I do if I did not." flicking his tail, he was growing bored of this game. �Now enough of this game, i grow bored of it."

Quiddie!
"Unfortunately," Calamity stamped down his foot forcefully in a show of his authority over the situation, "I'm not done with you yet. So kindly do whatever it takes to retain your attention here. Because I absolutely must know what makes little Rahu tick."

He stood up erectly and lifted his chin as he narrowed his eyes in cunning thoughtfulness. "What exactly are you, then? Why do you do what you do? And don't give me that same tired line about it being none of my bsuiness. That hasn't stopped me before, and I'm not above beating it out of you. As you can tell, you've peaked my curiousity."

Cal began to slowly circle Rahu, assailing him with words. "There must be some cause for this, some ultimate goal for this behavior you wear so thoroughtly yet imperfectly. Let me play doctor a bit and drag it from you, Rahu..."

samus x
Rahu�s grin returned to a smirk and stood there calm. �First I�m old and now I�m little. My oh my seems you can�t make up your mind as to what I am.� Still standing there, he found it amusing Calamity was so intent on trying to figure him out. �Why should I bother saying anything about myself? Last time we met you said you had me all figured out. Are you not able to and so annoyed at that fact, which you will resort to trying to force? And go ahead play doctor and see if you can figure out anything.�

Quiddie!
"Don't think me a hypocrite, Rahu. I seldom eat my words. I've figured out that hard shell of a persona you've created for yourself. I did it as a foal. It's wasn't terribly difficult. You are known as a stoic, a lone rogue stallion with an overblown superiority complex. That was obvious enough."

He continued his circling, gaining momentum with his steps in sync with his words. "My goal is simply and unapologetically to pull this little fortress apart. To know why soquili do what they do...that is a source of real, unhindered power. A power I seek overtly. And I will start with you. So why? Why, dear friend. Open up and let a little Calamity into your mind."

He snorted and chuckled at the double entendre.

samus x
Rahu still wore the smug smirk on his face as Calamity circled. �Ah but see even a fool can figure that out. Though what you say is true, you still don�t get it all, you only figured out the first half.� He gave snicker. �You say that�s real power do you, then by all means go attain it. And you can try all the little mind games you want. You won�t get in as you have yet to even do so in the slights way.� Oh how he was enjoying this. �all I have to say is this mind game of yours is boring and I might as well fall asleep standing right here. So keep going on if you think you can.�

Quiddie!
"I'll go on what I know, and make up the bits I don't. We'll see how close we get in the end, alright?"

He stopped behind Rahu's back and whickered tauntingly. "Well, let's trace things back to the root of all earthly evil. Females."

He laughed and thought of the treacherous and intoxicationg mares in his own life, family and otherwise. "So, what was her name, this lost love? This doomed romance of yours? Even you aren't immune to infatuation's wiles, Rahu. So don't offer up a noble lie."

samus x
�hehe have fun with that.� Rahu stay still even though his back was to Calamity now. �Do you really think I have a lost love? Is that why you think I am the way I am. My, my, my you don�t think outside the box very well. And I assure you I won�t lie, there�s no need for me to lie when you can�t even come close to figuring me out. Now I am sure you can come up with something better Calamity.� He was actually telling the truth and he was not about to tell Calamity why he was the way he was.

Quiddie!
"There's a human philosopher that coined something called Occam's Razor. Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem, or entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity. Do you know what that could possibly mean? I'll clarify. Usually the simplest answer is the correct one. And I don't find you to be anything but simple, despite what you may think of yourself."

"What's her name? Oh...wait now. I've seen you around with a mare. Gasp! The loner has a companion?" He knew he was showing his cards early, but there was no denying he had the stallion now.

"So pretty, with those teal feathers in her hair. Pretty coat, fit and clever. Aruna is a lovely mare, isn't she?"

samus x
�Seems you catch on quick but dispite me hanging around Aruna, I have hung around other mares before. They just tend to find me.� He shrugged with a smirk. �And she is not the reason I am the way I am.you thought you had me there did you not. But keep on trying to dig in I dare ya.� In his head it angered him how Calamity knew he had been around Aruna as of late, but did not even let on at all as to what he was thinking in the back of his mind. Flicking his tail he stayed calm, though Calamity was getting close to setting him off and figuring things out. Oh well he thought, let him keep trying to dig deeper.

Quiddie!
"Don't try and pass yourself off as a playboy, Rahu, or you'll begin to tread in hypocritical waters. You and I both know that good or bad, Aruna is different to you than the other mares you supposedly hang around with. My point is this: she is something to me as well. Not necessarily more than a good acquaintance, but that is enough. You will make your intentions clear with Aruna, and you will do it now. Are we clear, Rahu?"

He stamped angrily, driving his point more clearly across, if the directness of his words hadn't done the job. Cal knew Rahu wasn't as thick as he occasionally passed himself off to be. What's your next move, Rahu? Don't disappoint me.

samus x
“I never have or will. I merely stated I have been around plenty of mares though I hate them. Oh really you think so and for you to have her mean something is quite interesting. I have no intentions with Aruna and if I did I would have already made them clear. Oh and we are clear, crystal clear.” Oh he knew well what Calamity was driving at. And to him he was pissed anyone would get into something that was suppose to be only between him and aruna. Though he already had others like Hania, Dyami and ever Aruna’s brother on his case about her. it also was one of the many reason he choose to let her go.

Quiddie!
"You are a coward, and of no worthy stock to breed with any mare, ever. It's a relief to know that for the moment, the world won't be scourged with your progeny. I'll never understand you fully, Rahu, but that's only because I firmly believe you don't even understand yourself yet. For an old stallion, you've got quite a lot to learn."

Cal chuckled conscendingly and turned away from the dark stallion. "I have no qualms about acknowledging my association with mares or any other soquili, even if they are of an obviously lower standing than myself. There is something to be respected and admired about Aruna's fierce individuality and engaging mind. You are a fool to have disregarded these things."

He sneered and shook his head, still not facing Rahu. "Don't let your supposed superiority blind you to what can be learned and used from other soquili. It is a terrible flaw, and will come back to haunt you sooner than you think. Even the youngest Kalona knows that."

samus x
Rahu growled. “I actually do know myself quite well. But I have become quite able in not letting others know me at all.” He then snorted. “Supposed superiority pfft no more like confidence in my ability to take care of myself and own problems. Don’t mix up the two Calamity. Me disregard Aruna’s individuality and engaging mind never I knew she was different from any mare I knew. I let her go for reasons and I’m not going to tell you.” He snorted and started to walk off. “I had enough of your stupid little games. im going and you better not try to stop me.”

Quiddie!
Calamity repressed the chronic bloodlust he fought every day, and allowed the inferior stallion to walk away. Only because I'd rather not have the soquili think I killed Rahu over a mare...especially Aruna. He snorted to himself and stomped in the other direction, but not before calling out one final time to Rahu. "Your day will come, Rahu, and I'll spill your blood yet."

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:31 pm
Calamity Meets Harper

Quiddie!
*glares at Ho'kee*

You'd better back off my Harpet too, punk.

Harperking

*Wambli walks over to Harper and nuzzles for a treat as well, getting a carrot in return*

Quiddie!
Cal eyed the black and gold mare with mild surprise at her daring, since he'd just warned another stallion to back off of Harperking. His mouth twitched in a suprised smirk, and he cleared his throat.

"Well, alright then. Who might you be?"

Harperking

*Wambli rustled her wings, settling them against her dark sides.

"I'm Wambli Zikala. Harper's the human I watch out for, though she thinks it's the other way around, of course" She whickers a laugh.*

Quiddie!
He looked over his shoulder at Quiddie, chatting about breeding and things in the corner.

"I know what you mean. But their hearts are in the right place, for the most part. Even though sometimes they get a little out of line. Yours is nice, for a two-legger. A little flower-happy, but she gives me apples and things all the time."

He nodded and smiled blandly. She was nice enough. And not badly put together, for a wind soquili. "I'm Calamity, by the way. It's nice to meet you."

Harperking
*Wambli nodded her head in greeting.

"Nice to meet you, Calamity. She's gotten me with those flowers a time or two as well!" She winked at him.

"But for all that I do love her."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:44 pm
Calamity and Aruna, part II

HERE!  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:28 am
Of a Feather...

HERE!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:36 pm
Mares at the Lake

HERE!  

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quiddie!

Beloved Humorist

15,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:46 pm
First Threat

Meeki
((*sends Rötschreck over to Anevay to show her what a real Kalona stallion is about* sweatdrop ))

Rötschreck: twisted heart

Drizzt: I resent that!

Quiddie!

*Calamity darts in front of Rötschrek*

I don't think so, friend. Stand down. I saw her first.

*narrows eyes*

Meeki

Rötschreck laughed. "I'm sure the female is capable of making her own decisions, friend."

Quiddie!

"I don't doubt it...but I'm just trying to make her choice a little bit eaiser. Stand down...now."

Calamity sneered and cocked his head at the unfamiliar Kalona.

"I've never seen you before. Why is that?"

JadeEye
Ane watched the two Kalona males with great interest, yet kept her posture loose and her expression neutral, minus the little bit of flirty smirk that kept creeping over her features.

Meeki

"Tell me to stand down one more time and you'll find a horn embedded into your a** so far that you'll become gelded. And if for any reason you are able to pull off the impossible and sire foals, your testicles will be so withered that the foals themselves will be so grotesque that the ugliest nag will refuse to milk them. I won't be so audacious to demand nor ask you to stand down, friend, but I will ask you to step out of my way." Rötschreck was growing tired of running into male Kalonas that persisted on issuing orders.

Quiddie!

"If you think I'm suposed to be any manner of intimidated by your eloquently articulated threats, you must not know me very well. And if you think that I'd be frightened of any other creature in the world, especially one so obnoxiously SPARKLY, you think far too higly of yourself."

He lowered his chin slightly and snorted. "Even the lowest beast with mind enough for speech can spit cruel words, kalona. And were this even about the mare anymore, I'd be more than willing to allow you fair chance at her. But you see..."

He smirked and looked around at the other soquili that were watching, "...I simple can't allow you to disrespect me in front of the others. So I will not step out of your way, and the only way you'll get around me is to succeed in your oh-so-graphic threats. Friend."

JadeEye
Anevay glanced from stallion to stallion, sizing each up. The odds of a true fight were looking good and even she couldn't resist watching. Especially since she seemed to have started the fight in the first place with her mere presence. The red one looked and sounded rather intimidating, by Kalona standards, by his blood red skin and hair, but the second was just as clever in tongue. Whether or not Cal's refusal to move was out of stupidity or in confidence, she wasn't certain. Regardless, this could prove to be fun to observe.

She tilted her head to the side and gave both expecting and calculating once overs. Neither were too bad on the eyes...but she was more interested in seeing how they fought.

Meeki
"I'm quite flattered by your compliments but I've never said anything to lead anyone that I think highly of myself." Rot couldn't help but sneer. The baby face Kalona before him was starting to irritate him. Also, his 'sparkling' body was the best defense he had. When the sun came out, he became quite blinding to his opponents. So he let most of the comments go through one ear and out the other.

"Need I remind you that were the one that started issuing orders. Jumping in front of me and demanding I stand down? Who disrespected who? You should not only practice what you preach but at least accept responsibilities when you do happen say or do something extremely stupid. If you want a fight, I'll give you a fight. However, I don't think that will fix your problem. No, I think your problem lies between your legs. Nothing an icy jump into the lake won't fix."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff