Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[META-ORP] New Dawn (open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Anderleit rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-20)

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:33 pm

Zahara's ears perked up at the Enda's voice. Something coming, eh? She was loathe to pop up again so soon after finding a comfy spot, but she was curious to know who was coming back... Their Abaholi? New males? Tawa'shilah, as the rumors flew?

The absolute scandal of an ahluke coming back to trounce the Abaholi made her smile. Maybe, just maybe, she was hoping for that one.

Instead, she squinted through the roused pride for a glimpse at the figures in the distance, but she honestly heard more about them than she saw. "Only two of them?" She'd heard the pretty fawn lioness nearby ask, and quirked a skeptical eyebrow. "You sure?"

ChexaRain

The silver female spared a glance for the Enda's call, but did not move from Hesper's side. Instead, Mokosh bowed her head at Hesper's acknowledgement before backing up a few pawsteps, lowering herself to sit a respectful distance from the mournful mother. Her movements were slow, purposefully as gentle as possible, though she wondered if she needed bother at all; it didn't look like anything was going to break through to Hesper right now.

Leaving the spotted lioness to her thoughts, Mo let a concerned gaze rest on Umlotha, following her forward through the sea of anxious bodies. If anything were to happen, she was honestly glad to have one of the...more non-traditional Omama there to speak for all. They might get more information on what was happening from a lioness more open-minded than most.

AstoriaFallen

oo Ded rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 pm
Emeka glanced up at the her dark companion as she approached, nodding and giving a bump of the head in greeting. "Umama Umlotha," she spoke softly, looking first towards the lioness then out towards the horizon. "That's the idea, assuming they'll need it."

At the question about Einion, her gaze flickered to the side towards Hesper, then back. "He is..." her voice trailed off, and perhaps that in itself said a fair amount. She was going to continue, but the sudden bustling cut her off.

The Imbiza looked once again towards the horizon, saying nothing as the Umama moved forward. Two of them. Were any of the lionesses able to see anything more specific? Even if they had, Emeka wasn't jumping to her feet in excitement, or anything. Patience. They would learn soon enough who had remained standing.

SilverLutz

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:10 am
{moved her post here since she had a reply to respond to and I don't ahve the time to come up with another post until probably monday)

Giving a nod of her head to Zwa'khala, the peach and cream colored lioness agreed with her words. "I think I actually overheard someone saying they'd march out there to find them if they didn't hear from them soon." She wasn't sure she was as brave as all that. Siti'osei's ears spun towards the sound of the Umfana's voice. She didn't bother to echo the question that more were likely to speak.
Jovi of Shadows

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:10 am
User Image

It was a slow, even pace that Nkosinhle took as he walked deeper into the Ithambo'hlabathi. So much of what Tawa'shilah had spoken to him about of these lands still held true. The herds, plentiful in his territory, were sparse here. The landscape parched for water, brittle grasses breaking beneath large paws as the pair strode into the heart of the lands. He would need to search out a place to clean himself in time, for even all of Nkosinhle's strength and prowess, his lower jaw and mane were bloody, the few cuts along his sides still slowly oozing blood. Battleworn and bloody—although difficult to discern on the scarlet lion's coat—they sought out the waiting lionesses. Just as expected, the gathered pride came into view, first the specks in the sky—vultures, as he discovered in their approach—and then the bodies grew and grew as the pair came closer. They were watched and observed by those gathered, their expressions varying as greatly as their coloring.

Stopping some distance from them, Nkosinhle stood at his full height, nearly two heads taller than the former Firekin that trailed only a few footfalls behind. With a slight bow of his head, he addressed the waiting lionesses.

"Your Abaholi have fallen; two before me and a third by Tawa'shilah. By your rites, we come as Abaholi, not strangers."

[ IC / OOC Information ]
• The Bonelands has new Abaholi! Your lioness is free to ask questions, voice concerns, their displeasure, or anything you would like, but the fact that Nkosinhle and Tawa'shilah are Umholi is undeniable in this.
• I will do my best to have Nkosinhle respond to any direct actions or questions to him specifically. SilverLutz may or may not be able to reply for Tawa, so please try and only direct things needing replies to me for the time being.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:34 am
Emeka squinted as the pair of lions continued to approach. Eventually, it became abundantly clear that the two lions weren’t any of the three that had departed days ago. At a distance the pale coloration of one of the lions was perhaps similar to the pelt of Ahlaq, but this lion was far too large to be the sandy lion she was familiar with.

The other lion, on the other hand, quickly became recognizable as Tawa’shilah.

As the lions came closer, the Imbiza rose to her feet. The evidence of a battle were clear, even at a distance. She assumed that the bright red on his pelt wasn’t some sort of coloration. Emeka continued to look him over. “A little pale,” she murmured under her breath, perhaps loud enough for any lionesses standing nearby to hear, “but…” her voice trailed off, as though the last words of her sentence didn’t even need to be spoken. The new lion might have been pale, but he was huge. That certainly counted for something, for a traditional lioness like Emeka.

Her ears perked as she listened to the new lion speak. The Abaholi had fallen. The two of them had vanquished the three, then? There was some part in the back of her mind that was truthfully relieved at that notion at least. It said a lot of the capabilities of this pair.

That thought was quickly overwritten with the reality of the situation: The Abaholi had indeed fallen. Umkhombo had been family. Truthfully, all three of them had been, even if she might had not cared for them as much. The lioness felt her jaw set. Lions fell. That was the nature of life.

She looked once again to the new, pale, large lion who introduced himself as Umholi.

“Abaholi or not, a lion seems a stranger until we know what name to call them, no?” she spoke, her head giving the slightest of tilts to the side as she stepped forward. The three-legged lioness took a pause, looking from one lion, to another, before setting her gaze once again on the Nkosinhle.

Quaji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:08 am
"It appears as though my manners have escaped me. Your request is fair," the lion god offered her a small smile as he dipped his head specifically to the three-legged lioness in a respectful greeting. "My mother gifted me the name Nkosinhle." His name was a mouthful, but elegant. However, nicknames were something he was very familiar with, having earned several throughout his existence and there was little doubt that he would receive a few more within the Bonelands.

oo DeD

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:14 pm
Oh, fine. Zahara reluctantly got to her feet as the titters from the crowd grew. Only when she had stood to her full height, stretching as she did, could she really see the figures making their way closer to the pride - and by the sun, what figures there were! The lioness' jaw loosened a bit, not quite slack-jawed and stupefied, but certainly making her surprise plain. Sure, yeah, Tawa'shilah was there - but look at his friend! She could believe he took on two Abaholi, check out the absolute size of him!

"Nkosinhle..." She murmured, quietly enough to be heard in immediate company but not wanting the attention of the name's owner just yet, "what kind of redpelt is he? How do they grow them that big?" Seriously, why was Tawa bumming around here when he had friends like that?

Mokosh just gazed at the approaching lions, back straight, with an undeniable furrow forming between her brows. The Abaholi were gone, then. It was a pity... Had they been left alive, or...? She shook her head, and chose not to worry about it just then. Maybe someone would ask.

Her eyes fell back to Hesper, just for a moment. If they were planning to leave them alive, though, would they have mauled an inselelo nearly to death as a warning? Sending him back just to rouse the trio seemed so dramatic in that light. So cruel.

There was something else, too. Placid blue eyes hardened when they returned to the giant newcomer, settling more on him than the returning ahluke. There was something about him that rubbed her fur the wrong way...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:39 pm
Igritte had been absolutely stunned the closer the two lions had gotten, almost completely drowning out Zahara's question entirely when the sheer size of one of the males completely caught her off guard.

Maybe some of the others were used to it? She heard someone mentioning redpelt and she could only wrinkle her nose, that was obviously blood marring a very nice white one.

Of course, wit would evade her once again as Igritte only managed to blurt rather loudly, "Tall." She mentally cursed herself and tried make some semblance of an actual sentence, only fumbling further over her tongue, "Why are you so tall?"

Quaji

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:34 pm
User ImageThe way back home seemed short and long all at once. Tawa knew these lands - he'd patrolled the borders as an Inselelo, roamed within them to hunt with the females as an Ahluke - so the walk was short, but he was exhausted, anxious, and relieved all at once which made it feel long. Having Nkosinhle beside him helped calm his nerves a bit, the larger male's presence a comfort he had come to appreciate over the past few months.

As they approached the heart of the pride Tawa wasn't surprised to see most if not all of the lionesses gathered there, the Enda's vultures overhead to spot them long before lions eyes could do so. He was sure they were abuzz with chatter and speculation and he only hoped his return wouldn't be made into too big of an affair. He'd lived here most of his life after all. They knew him well and hopefully they wouldn't take his previous departure from the pride as running from trouble. He'd left to help them, though he wasn't sure if Faust had passed along that particular message.

When they drew close enough to the lionesses to speak Tawa hung back. The females probably wouldn't have questions for him. Nko, on the other hand, was a stranger and someone they'd never seen the likes of before. Tawa understood their awe: he'd been just as stunned when he'd first come upon the large male and his little pride. They'd get used to it in time as he had, but for now they only had eyes for him.

Glad that their journey was at an end, Tawa closed his eyes for a moment to block out the aches of his body from the two fights he'd had, focusing on the breeze in his mane, the smells of the dirt, the grass, the other lions...home. He was home. His heart would never be whole again after the passing of his mate, but that emptiness he'd felt when he had left was gone. He'd earned the right to return.

---

When it was obvious that her friends were not the ones returning, Nike let out a roar of rage that scattered a few hapless birds that had settled in the grass. She wished to charge forward and duel the two males herself, not caring that she was still weak from hunger and one of the lions was larger than any feline she'd ever seen. That didn't matter to her.

Turning away, she didn't go to greet the new Abholi. Instead she turned away and walked towards the back of the group, seething as she fought to keep her emotions in check. If she attacked anyone now it would be a death wish.

---

"Oh, now that's interesting," Umlotha murmured as she moved with Emeka, no longer caring for whatever she'd said about the former Inselelo. Their two new Abholi had arrived, one familiar face and one completely new. She stepped forward a bit more, surveying the stranger with a critical but curious eye. He was massive - Tawa looked like a normal sized lion beside him - and all the females that had moved forward were almost laughably small compared to his height and bulk. He was pale - not a problem for her, though she knew a lot of the more traditionally minded lionesses wouldn't be pleased - and polite, courteous of the ladies before him. Surely Tawa got him up to speed on customs and expectations before they'd gone after the former Abholi.

"A congratulations is in order for you both," she said, finally speaking up a bit so her voice carried. "Four battles between two lions isn't an easy feat, even considering your stature, Nkosinhle. I'd say you've more than earned the title and welcome you both warmly. I'm Umlotha, one of the Umama here. I'm sure our good friend Tawa has told you about how things work around here."

Quaji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:49 am
She waited, the tension in her body becoming increasingly apparent the closer the pair of approaching lions became. Details were beginning to emerge, and it became abundantly clear that it was not the abaholi that had left who were returning. Zwa'khala felt sick with momentary dread, and she subconsciously sidled closer to Siti'osei for comfort. The pale lion was a stranger. A tall, very tall, stranger even when compared to Tawa'shilah who wasn't short by any means. What was this? "New abaholi..." she muttered under her breath as she struggled to rein in her shock.

Zwa's ears flattened against her skull as she attempted to breathe and calm herself. She hated change. She really did. "Excuse me, Siti, I need a minute," she said quietly to the lioness she had been unapologetically leaning on as she turned to briefly pace away from the grouping. She had lived through a few inselelo challenges, and seen those males come and go, but this was something else entirely. The abaholi had always been the abaholi in her young life, and though she knew this is how things worked for her pride, and as a traditionalist she agreed with it, it was still jarring to experience for the first time. At least Tawa'shilah was familiar, she told herself. She had to take comfort in that.

AstoriaFallen

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:00 am
Nkosinhle laughed deeply as a few of the lioness gawked at his size, one brave enough to pose the question. "Tis little surprise that I appear foreign to you, strange and obscure. I come from a land far from here, blanketed in snowfall that lasts eternally, leaving my motherland in a deep frost. My large paws kept me safe, and a pale coat free of loud, colorful patterns allowed me to become as snow in that environment. Invisible, unseen to any predator who dared trespass." A tone of sadness laced his words as if this retelling wounded him. There were so many potential answers he could speak, so many truths better left unsaid and so they remained just so.

Turning his attention to another who addressed him, the great lion nodded to the approaching Umama. "Your Abaholi fought bravely. Their refusal to yield was admirable, if tragic." Such was the way of things in the Bonelands. Death as much as life, and change as much as stability. Where they took one, they gave another. "I hope to seek your wisdom and guidance in the coming days. These lands are foreign to me, your tongue still strange and difficult for mine."

SilverLutz

ChexaRain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Namandla watched as everyone gathered around these strange lions. Abaholi or not, they were still strangers in a way. Nam did not like Tawa'shilah and his red coloring. She had never cared for that color, and it made her a little at odds with those that thought it acceptable. The pale lion, now he was a bit more to Nama's taste.

Nama might feel pale wasn't the strongest color, but she liked the size of the male. The other thing that attracted her attention was that his pale color would blend in well in well to hide. That was useful when hunting. Her daughters would benefit from such colors. Not that she had yet to have any cubs at all. That was another thing that made Nama odd.

She was getting older and had yet to even have one litter. She was so picky about coloring and attitude of the males... And often didn't even make time for them. She hunted and helped raise cubs, but she didn't take the time to get her own. Maybe things would change with these males. Things already changed because of them, but that was the way of the world.

Nama could sit here and think all she liked, but it did not fill anyone's belly, nor did it help what was happening. They lost their old Abaholi and now new ones were here. They lost friends and now a stranger would take their place. At least she knew Tawa even if she wasn't fond of his pelt. Nama chose to move beside Tawa and put a paw on his side. "You should rest. Welcome home."

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:30 am
Ritte's ears swiveled to process the coming and going of information, frowning at the sadness. She supposed home was a touchy subject, one she could also sympathize with before she found this place.
She was quick to perk up as he mentioned learning, and had to remember to reign herself in so she didn't just blurt the first thing that came to- "I'm new here too, so you won't feel too out of place." And that notion was thrown over the shoulder. Again.
She visibly winced at the Umama and offered a rather nervous smile.
"I-I mean... it's... not uncommon for.. lions to come and go...?" Her voice faded off as she spoke before she finally just cleared her throat and gestured towards Tawa, "I'll just... go check on..."

Quaji

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:09 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Avani continued to circle above as the pair of lions grew closer and then flew down to meet her companion. Liyana had already begun to move closer to the lionesses and found herself not far from Hesper. She knew right away, as the duo came within better sight, that it was Tawa and a male she had never seen before. "I would say your son fought bravely, given how healthy Tawa looks. You should be proud of what he did for the pride while he was here." She attempted to give the grey female some words of encouragement for injuries her son had sustained.

Giving a small look over towards Liyana she gave a half smile and watched as the two large males approached.

- - - -

User ImageUser Image
Khethiwe and Nonhlanhla gave looks of approval at their new Abholi, though did they have to have such pale manes? How unfortunate, Nonhlanhla thought to to herself. Still, the fact they had taken on 4 lions and came out on top in the end, that said more than enough about the duo.

Khethiwe found herself to be a little said at the loss of her father, but she could always morn later. The male's never really did MUCH when it came to raising the cubs so she had found she'd never really had much of a connection to him. Still, that was part of her history that was now gone. Such is the way of the bonelands. "Welcome, we are happy to have two worthy and fine Abholi to protect us and lead us." Khethiwe said with a small smile, hoping Tawa would feel more at home and even perhaps get the newer male to relax a little. If that was even possible, given his size.

"Yes, Welcome." Said Nonhlanhla agreeing with Khethiwe.
- - - - -

User Image
Now if this wasn't an interesting turn of events! Noku was surprised to see Tawa back, and with such a large newcomer. No wonder the others fell to him. "It's good to see a familiar face again. We should count ourselves fortunate that at least one of you used to reside here for some time." He had left, much like she had, and had returned. Though she didn't have to fight her way back in, though she sort of did. Sheepishly looking over towards her mother she'd never live down the fact she attacked her mother. But, she had been starving so....
- - - - -

User Image
Siti gave a nod of her head as the female seemed to get quite upset. "You have more than earned the titles in which you now hold, though I'm sure it will take time for others to adjust. Change can be difficult..." She wondered if many would leave because of this.

Quaji

SilverLutz
-just because there is just mention of tawa in here- nothing that needs replies to

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:34 am
In the time it took Zwa'khala to pace away from the grouping, and to take her eyes off the two new Abaholi, she had begun to wrestle with a small bout of anxiety. Change worried her, though usually not to such a degree. This was a big change, however, and she was struggling to cope. Her legs felt shaky, so she slid back down to her belly and shut her eyes to the world. Calm down. It wasn't the first-time males had been replaced, with inselelo challenges and the like, though it was the first time Zwa had been through a change in the Abaholi. She wasn't entirely certain why this particular event had bothered her so much, as she'd never felt quite like it before. Not even when her father, Mot, had been chased out by Umkhumbo a month ago. She had been sad, and a bit uneasy, but nothing quite like this.

Now by herself, slightly secluded from the gathering pride, she was able to focus on breathing and getting her bearing back. The old abaholi were gone, and now there were new ones. That was a fact. She had to accept that. What changes would they bring with them? A bit of realization dawned on her as she opened her eyes once more. It wasn't them she was worried about. Not exactly. She was worried about what they might change now that they were in power. Ah. Zwa took a few moments longer to collect herself before rising to her paws and giving herself an uncertain shake. She glanced over her shoulder to briefly regard the gathering pride, before slowly making her way back to the group.

She was quiet as she found a place amongst the lionesses once more, and carefully watched the forms of Tawa'shilah and Nkosinhle. Her mind working to untangle her uncertainties about the pair and what they would mean to the future of the Bonelands. To their way of life.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff