Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:40 pm
Dalia Thail

Rain certainly enjoyed it when she fed from him. He kept his sounds to a minimum but his breathing did increase. He couldn't help it. He liked what he liked.

Then she backed off and he took a moment to get himself under control before turning to look at her. He saw her put a hand over her mouth and growled as he moved up and put one hand around her waist to pull her against him while pulling something out of a small pouch at his waist while he backed her against the wall.

In one movement he pulled her hand from her mouth and popped a mint into it then cupped the side of her neck, "Look at me, Raff," he tried being soothing with her first but she shook her head.

His purr shifted into a rolling growl, "Eyes!" he barked that one at her and was rewarded when she automatically looked up into his eyes, "Good girl. Now take a deep breath and tell me what you smell. Everything," he told her while still growing. She shook her head again and he repeated himself, "Inhale! Fill your lungs. Then tell me what you smell, Raff," he had a reason for it, of course.

Okay, more than one reason.

He wanted to get her mad again. She tended to think less when she was mad.

But he also wanted her to use her senses.

"Raff... You are no longer human. Tell me what you smell," he pointed out the obvious to her in the hope that she'd check her brain back in instead of simply reacting with a conditioned response.

With his hand cupped around her neck he could feel her instinctively swallowing after sucking on the mint. It was such an instinctive thing to do with a mint. One simply did it without thinking. Having it in her mouth made her suck on it and swallow.

Having him pressing her to the wall was probably a bit of a trigger for her but he was in front of her instead of behind her and he was insisting on eye contact. He was also giving her something to do that was unusual. Tell him everything she could smell?

Yup. He knew there was so much for the senses to pick up. Scent, sound, touch... Those three alone would distract her enough to realize what she was doing until he could explain it to her.

He'd already seen how intelligent she was. He needed to see if she was simply resisting or if she was willing to learn how to live her new life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:55 pm
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

It was happening again. Gone was the chic room, the lulling lights.. All Raff could feel was the chilled air of that damned warehouse and the static ringing of what had sounded like cheap lightbulbs beyond her blindfold. A part of her understood this wasn't real; That this memory was in the past and what was happening had long since occured but... The panic wouldn't let go and both mentally and aloud Raff let a yelp escape her lips as she felt herself getting grabbed yet again. The sound was.. fear. Not for being grabbed but rather what would always come after. A thud, ungodly searing pain, that sickly copper taste mixed with dirt on her lips-- "EYES!" Jolting at the stern voice Raff felt herself blink rapidly, focus returning to her stare as she realized a demanding pair of eyes were looking back down at her instead of the bitter darkness of her binding. The blindfold was gone? No.. no it wasn't real. It had felt real, that cheap fabric that rubbed her face raw and blocked her sight was a oddly vivid memory and yet at his sharp call Rain managed to shake her mentally free of it. That growling masculine tone came again and it took a moment to register his words; Raff's mind firmly locked between what had happened and where she was now but a crack had formed in the memory just enough for reason to crawl in thanks to his call. What.. did she smell? " Dirt. Sweat. I hear the rats but.." Those were memories. Slowly, painfully slowly, the woman started breathe through her nose until the merry scent of peppermint broke through the fog. It wasn't just a smell, she could taste it too.. Her tongue rolled the mint in her mouth and her breathing deepened as she understood why her words had felt so hard to say when answering him. She didn't 'need' to breathe anymore but something about doing it was calming.. at least it would have been if not for Rain's verbal prodding which fanned the embers of her temper and motivated her to focus on him even more. " ... Mints. You. Alcohol. Cleaning solution on the furniture.. The waitress's perfume from earlier." It wasn't hard to piece together the fact that he was trying to provoke her intentionally, the fluctuation in his normally velvety pitch made it pretty obvious to the woman even now, but she didn't have the energy to try and riddle out his plan. Instead Raff did something unusual.. She chose to trust him and let her anger surge instead of repressing it. Fingers shaking Raff lifted her hand to grasp the wrist of the man's hand at her neck, more to steady herself than anything as she made it a point to crack the mint between her teeth and vent a little of the temper prickling her skin. The flavor helped... " You think I don't know that...?" Lifting her chin sharply Raff answered Rain as he wished, baring her inner thoughts as the memories of her hell withered away from her rage. " A Human couldn't describe your scent if they wanted to. A Human wouldn't feel how warm you are and crave the contact. A Human would have died on that damn concrete floor crying about how unfair life was instead of dragging herself home and dealing with it!" Aha.. Snapping her mouth shut at that insight the woman shifted in Rain's grasp, her mind sluggishly dragging itself back in the wake of her temper as she finally skirted her eyes away from his and gritted her teeth. So that was it. She hadn't thought of herself as human since long before the kidnapping.. by the time that criminal bit her she'd already become a machine of her father's design. Almost dying made her realize she'd lost her humanity and by then... it was swept out of her reach entirely. To still 'need' people after all of that just to live? Maybe.. a part of her just hated the cruel twist of it so much it rejected everything about it. " I can rip companies off of the map without chipping a nail.. I'm not scared of clawing my survival out of stone if I have to so why is this so damn difficult.."

Thanks to his mint Raff couldn't taste the residue of blood anymore, even the scent of it was muffled by his own as close together as they were. It was a mercy, even if understanding helped her admit why she couldn't drink properly she wasn't ready to face the fact that she'd liked the taste of it yet. A flavor her body loved born of a substance it hated.. The sigh that escaped her lips was heavy, almost soul-weary as Raff gave in to the exhaustion and collapsed entirely into his embrace; Her face nuzzling into the crook of his neck as she closed her eyes and focused on the comforting warmth surrounding her as she slid her free hand along his side and nestled her fingers into the fur along his lower back in small self-soothing petting motions. " ... I'm biting you harder next time. I told you not to grab me." A petty threat of punishment.. but she was still a little mad at him. Logically she understood what he'd done, at least somewhat.. but understanding didn't mean she had to let it go easily. It couldn't go on like this. Raff knew it, her people knew it, and even this man she'd just met knew it. So how did she make her body know it?

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:20 am
Dalia Thail

Her first words told him more than she thought. He knew why Cassarria had called for him. Anyone else would have panicked.

When she curled herself into him, he held her there and smiled at her threat. He pressed a light kiss to her hair, "You'd better," he whispered softly through a sound that was both purr and growl.

For a long moment, he simply held her like that. She idly petted him and he purred for her. It let her know that she was here and not in that dark nightmare.

Gods... Holding her like this was both a balm and a nightmare for him... Even the nightmare part was a mix for him...

He finally moved them both to his seat and pulled her to sit on his lap with her head still pressed to his chest. He felt it when she wanted to get up but gave her very nice a** a light swat, "I need to hold you while I tell you something. So just give up and relax for a little bit. I can't say it while looking at you," he told her, his tone telling her that this was important to him.

He gave a soft sigh when she gave in and relaxed against him, one of her hands petting his chest. He reached into the pouch at his side and pulled another mint to offer it to her, watching as she fingered it.

"You're not the only one that's been in the dark, Raff... Some of had to fight our way out the hard way. Sometimes it's harder to remember that we're not there anymore. The mints help me remember where I am when it happens to me," he said softly.

He put his hand gently over hers, pressing her fingers past the fur and to the skin underneath over his heart, "Close your eyes and concentrate on feeling the skin," he told her, knowing that it was the best way to feel the scars.

He was thankful for his fur, it his so much. No one could see the raised scars that showed how close he'd come to dying. They'd tried so very hard to kill him, but they'd tortured him first.

One couldn't get information from a corpse, after all....

He could feel it when she found them and started tracing them, one leading to the next, "Eighteen of them. I almost bled to death. I was down there for almost a week, the best we can guess. They wanted my village. They ended up dead and I had to crawl out of the the place. I didn't look this good at that point," he said it calmly but he knew his pulse gave him away.

He had his own flashbacks, his own nightmares.

He gave another sigh and closed his eyes, letting his head fall back against the back of the chair, his hand petting her thigh like a touchstone to keep him grounded, "I was given over to the Church by someone I thought was a friend. They're very good at torture, you know. But they're also good at keeping a subject alive when they do it. I'd like to say that I got to kill the idiot that betrayed me, but he's still alive," he paused there and gave a soft chuckle.

"Joke's on him though: I'm still alive too," he gave that one. That was his defensive move against the nightmare. One of them, anyway.

He gave a heavier sigh and inhaled slowly, "My fight wasn't with a vampire, I know. But it did change me. It changed me in ways that I'm still learning about. Sometimes you need something that doesn't fit to snap you back from it. I'm not going to ask that you tell me anything about what happened to you. I'm not going to ask you about it. When you're ready to talk, you'll do it in your own. I don't need to know anything until then," he told her, needing her to hear that he meant it, "But I can help you pull yourself out of the darkness. You need blood to survive. That's a fact of biology. When you're feeding, you get lost in it and you can enjoy it. It's when you're finished that you get a flashback. You can create mental loops that can help but I think that your first line of defense is going to have to be something simpler. I can supply the mints, my aunt makes them. They're a start. The rest of it for you is your own fight. You don't have to do it alone, but it's still your fight," he offered her that then reached up to strong her hair before opening his hands to let her up.

He watched as she sat up to look at him, still fingering the mint he'd handed her. But he felt the weight of her eyes, "I sleep alone for good reason. I don't deal well with my nightmares. The mints help keep me grounded when I'm awake because they have nothing to do with what I remember," he did offer that much to those demanding eyes of hers.

Then, if course, he couldn't help it.

He gave her a slow teasing grin that offered a glimpse of one sharp canine tooth, "But I have to admit that I really like it when you bite me," he offered a truth that he was not going to hide from her.

Okay, he admitted that one to get a rise out of her. But he still told the truth...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:05 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

So I've found myself a masochist.. As if I've any room to talk? The dry thought was born of morbid amusement more than anything as Raff absorbed what he had told her and how he had said the words. Even that little quip about enjoying being bit. " We'll see how much you like it next time, I might bite hard enough to dispell this kink of yours." Sniffing daintily in response to his grin a degree of her normal confidence returned to her voice as she answered, yet it was still obvious how mentally fatigued she felt in the fact that she didn't attempt to leave her place in his lap despite his hold easing upon her. Her body felt full and at ease but her mind... Raff suspected that if not for her naturally ramped up healing she'd have a raging headache right now thanks to that little trip down trauma lane and for once she was just a little grateful for being what she was. Reaching up deftly the woman loosened the binding on her hair; A thick cascade of mahogany waves spilling down her back as Raff pushed her hand through the soft strands to spread them. The locks around her face were wavy, softening the normally severe edge from Raff's pale features as her fingertips continued to tingle with the memory of touching his scars. No two hells were the same and though she couldn't bring herself to tell the entire story yet... She could empathize with being betrayed. " ... I betrayed myself. I was arrogant and naive and my father took advantage of it to teach me a lesson. "

Shame wasn't in her nature; Embarrassment was a luxury she'd never had the time for so it wasn't hard for her to face the fact that she'd lost control of herself in front of this virtual stranger. The only reason she didn't bury the discomfort of her vulnerability with rage and leave was because this silly man had shown her his own scars quite literally and that inspired.. well, not quite love but certainly feelings of camaraderie. No two hells were the same. But.. the scent of sulfur still resonated between survivors. Rolling the mint he'd given her between her fingers the chilled blue of her stare fell to focus on the little treat; Somewhere between awe and grim determination as she pondered Rain's kindness towards her. This attachment developing between them was dangerous, whatever the relationship was or could potentially be Raff understood herself well enough to know she was very much her father's daughter. Whatever this was, she wanted it.. Whatever Rain wanted to be for her, she was starting to consider him one of 'her people' and her ruthless need to punish his offenders had started to take root in her chest as she slid her gaze towards the man without turning her head. " Tell me the traitor's name?" Raff wasn't innocent, though certainly she had tried to keep some semblance of morals it didn't change the fact that she had, and would, do whatever it took for her loved ones to survive and thrive. If that made Rain uncomfortable.. Well, unlike her dear old man she could handle rejection and wouldn't push the issue. Besides... She really liked his mints and wanted to repay the kindness in her own way.

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:32 pm
Dalia Thail

Rain couldn't resist running a hand over her hair. A little like petting her, maybe. The Hylarr were a very tactile race. Touch meant a great deal to them and it wasn't uncommon to see a lot of touch happening within a clan.

He offered a brief growl at her description of what happened to her and shook his head, "None of that was your fault. Don't take on his mistakes as your own. He's the rotten b*****d that decided to betray you and got you hurt in the process," he told her, hoping that she'd take the different perspective seriously instead of dismissing it.

But then he let it go.

He shifted his hand to check her bite and noted that it was already sealed. It would have healed quicker if she'd been taught that trick but he'd teach that to her once she was able to feed without the flashbacks.

For now, he had to grin at that side look from her when she asked him for the name of the idiot that had betrayed him.

"Sweetheart... Collin Reed is long dead by now," he tapped his chest where the scars were hidden by his fur, "This happened about a hundred years ago. The Hylarr are long-lived. We usually get a few thousand years unless something changes it," he explained calmly and shrugged one shoulder.

He pulled another mint out but popped it in his mouth, "Now then... I think it's time for you to actually ask some questions about vampire biology. You can ask about Hylarr if you want to as well. But now that you're calmer and have kept that feed down, I think you're ready for questions," he suggested, knowing that it was probably a good idea by now.

Besides, that would distract him from how good she felt in his lap, or how good it had felt to hold her... Or how good it had felt to have her sinking her fangs in his neck...

Yeah... The distraction would be a good idea...

Okay, he admitted that one to get a rise out of her. But he still told the truth...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:58 pm
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

Sweetheart? As if she hadn't just considered finding and erasing someone... It was a strange pet name but not entirely unpleasing in his deep voice. Mixing that with his gentle petting against her hair and one might think he'd found a way to tame her temper a little. A low sigh answered him, the sound distinctly amused despite how collected Raff seemed in posture. A grown woman, perched on a stranger's lap in a club's backroom and yet for all the world Raff managed to seem like it was a perfectly natural spot for her to be. May as well be drinking tea at a social event for how neatly she'd settled in place.. Though her flowery entourage would likely faint if they saw her rather comfortable and perhaps too-appealing chair. Maybe that was part of why she couldn't bring herself to move, the other part being the fact that he hadn't moved her himself. Self-bemusement faded a little as her gaze flicked from Rain's feline features to instead study the messy remains of their drinks and she became aware of the dampness pressing against her thigh along with the combined scents of their drinks seeping from the material of her skirt. Ah... so she'd caused that. ".. I believe I owe you another drink, I'll cover the damages.. So thank you for helping me." The topic, though important given the trouble she'd caused, was more to stall than anything as Raff weighed his prodding carefully and she had to concede that regardless of how it happened she did feel more stable after feeding. More so, in fact, than she had in months.. and with that comfort came the shrewd business mentality that helped her organize and prioritize her goals.

" I want to know the weaknesses of this species, I have not had time to test common superstitions and I'd rather avoid pain if possible. Nutritional needs are also a concern, I understand blood is.. necessary.. but does the type influence anything?" A slow inhale interrupted her thoughts, Raff steadying herself as she neatly crossed her legs at the knee and tapped her raised sharp heel gently against Rain's booted leg in a absently playful manner. The majority of her weight was balanced on her hip squarely in his lap and though she masked it well the elegant posture was being held through pure force of will. It had been ages since she could so clearly focus on her situation and now that it had her attention... her guard had dropped dramatically towards Rain as his role as 'teacher' overlapped his role as 'food' in her mind. It wasn't that she trusted him entirely.. But he had earned a little faith and it showed. " It is a sidebar topic.." Raff's voice softened and to those that didn't know her one might think her following thoughts were said with concern... rather than the glittering traces of determination in her deep blue eyes as she lifted her hand to tap one perfectly manicured fingernail against her chin in a telling gesture of interest. ".. but I also want to know about any etiquette or cultural facts about the Vampiric peoples. I do not intended to involve myself in power struggles or the like but I will not be ignorant of a society I don't have a choice in joining." If nothing else... Raff had always enjoyed the challenge of adapting to new social climates. It would be a lie to say she didn't find the potential work ahead of her a bit thrilling. That said... Turning over Cass's earlier comments about Rain's situation Raff felt her head tilt a little in his direction; Interest warping into curiosity as she inquired gently. " I would also like to know this information about the Hylarr, if you can share it. That rat might have died already but it wouldn't hurt to look at ways to ensure others don't find their way in after him."

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 am
Dalia Thail

Rain found her change in posture as amusing as it was enticing but he didn't comment on it. He was enjoying it too much. Then came the offer of drinks and he had to smile, "Since I work here, my drinks are free. It's easy enough to get a refill though. I just need to get the attention of the young lady in the hallway," he teased her a little bit since she hadn't caught the scent of the wolf shifter in the hallway, about two rooms down, if his hearing was accurate, "And I'm sure that Cassarria planned for a change of clothes for you, just in case. If you're not uncomfortable," his grin flashed again, "then that can wait a little bit longer," he couldn't help it by now. Teasing her was becoming fun.

But he shifted to the more serious topics anyway without dislodging her from her enticing position. He was already fighting to not purr as it was.

Still...

He cleared his throat and nodded a bit, "Mythology has a few things right. A stake through the heart damages it beyond repair, so death is highly likely. Same with acute blood loss and beheading. You'd know by now if garlic effected you, so that one is a 'no'... Sunlight can be problematic for most vampires, though that can change as you age. The older the vampire, the more powerful, and the harder to kill. You can develop resistance to some things, but others are still a guaranteed kill. You would also know by now if silver was a weakness, so I'll ignore that burn," he covered the basic weaknesses for vampires in a conversational tone, keeping things as simple as he could.

"As for the society, I can only describe the majority as pompass upper class society types. They're very big on proper manners and the like. The younger set like to blend in better, so they're not as stuck up as the older ones. They have similar vices to some demons, though, but they keep that to the back rooms, if you know what I mean," describing the vampiric society showed that he knew them well but had a sense of humor about them.

He let that digest for her as he heard the girl starting to pass their door and called out to her, "Willa!" He said simply, knowing the girl could hear him easily through the cracked door. He smiled when she popped her head in, her magenta hair showing a flare for fun that was very prevalent within the shifter society, "Could you please be a dear and get us another round? And possibly check with Ice to see if Cassarria arranged for -" he didn't get to finish as he was interrupted.

"All set up. I'll bring both when I come back through. Ice said it was a joy to design for someone besides Cassarria for a change," she said with an amused tone before leaving them alone again.

When she raised an eyebrow at him, he had to smile, "Cassarria's personal designer has arranged for a set of clothes for you to change into before you leave. You'll be the only outside of the Club to wear the Iced Designs label," he explained, smiling when her eyes widened at the mention of the very exclusive fashion label. Even royalty had to pay top dollar for his clothes. And Cassarria had arranged something for Raff as a gift.

Before she could question it, he pushed on, "For the Hylarr... Silver is worse for us than it is for the shifters. Especially since the Church started adding silver dust to the weapons of their Hunters. Now the smallest slice can be lethal. Since we live so long, we usually don't reach a majority age until about forty. When we reach twenty, we usually go live with a guardian for twenty years. At that point we learn different skills. Our parents teach us the traditional things and basic survival skills; cooking, cleaning, sewing, hunting, gathering, playing, laughing... Our guardians teach us to fight and how to use the abilities we develop as we age. Usually around age thirty-five we develop the ability to... Well, it's usually an elemental ability, but sometimes it's psychic ability... I know of one Hylarr that can manipulate fire, another can do water, while another can teleport," he was probably all over the place with his explanation but it was with good reason.

His grin flashed again, "For example," he offered and held his hand over the wet spot at her hip and thigh. There was a brief smell of rain in the atmosphere and then the liquid simply moved drop by drop out of the fabric and into the air to accumulate about an inch from his palm.

He knew she'd be able to the fabric drying as the liquid moved out of it and while it might be a bit strange to feel, it wasn't unpleasant.

When all of the liquid was puddled hovering in the air below his hand, he turned his palm over and shifted the floating puddle above his hand. It was easy to the different liquids mixing as the colors swirled a bit.

Then he decided to show off a bit, "Manipulating liquids can be useful in any number of situations. Parlor tricks, of course," he started, letting the liquid change into ice, then back to liquid, "But it's more useful in combat," he added as the puddle changed into an icy dagger, then broke into a dozen tiny spears. He melted it again then turned it into vapor to dissipate into the air before looking back at her.

"I can do more things with it, but that can wait until another time," he offered with a shrug of one shoulder.

"The Hylarr have been around for a very long time. Our race watched humans evolve, and shifters and vampires with them. We saw the elves, demons, and dragons leave the human realm for new homes. We saw humans nearly died out several times. We showed them how to survive, even saved them a few times. The thing to keep in mind is that we were never human and we never will be. We are an entirely different race. We have our own instincts, traditions, practices, abilities, and weaknesses. We will find things commonplace that surprise you. But we are also tied into our senses in ways that humans have never been," he paused briefly to tilt his head a bit at her, "That last bit is something that can help you. Vampires have stronger senses as well. You just need to learn how use them. I can help you with that. You just have to be willing to learn," he offered, hoping that she wouldn't turn him down outright.

He paused and looked at the door then nodded to it, "For example... I can hear and smell Willa in the hallway, about three doors down, I think. As she gets closer, I can smell the drinks on her tray and I can also hear the sound of the garment bag she's carrying for you," he wondered what she'd think of that display but didn't ask about it as Willa tapped a fingernail on the door before entering. She laid the garment bag over the arm of the loveseat then set their drinks on the table beside them. She gave them a finger wave on her way out the door to deliver the rest of the drinks on her tray.

He gestured to the garment bag, "If you want to change, I can leave the room. While my people don't have nudity taboos, I know you will. But whatever it is, Ice designed it exclusively for you alone. The demon has a nack for getting the perfect outfit for a person, even if it's not what they'd expect," he took a sip from his glass then set it down again as he waited to see what she was going to do.

If she went for the garment bag he'd wait in the hallway for her to change. If she didn't move, he knew she had more questions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:08 pm
Red Gypsy

Ravari slipped through the Club, avoiding as many people as possible as she moved towards the bar. She knew that she was safe here, but it didn't change the fact that she really didn't like crowds. Being around so many people in such a large and open space still messed with her so much after what she had been through.

She instinctively blinked forward as someone nearly bumped into her, a soft crackling sound and quick flash of purple light signaling her magic as she teleported around the crowd. Even after being at the Club for a little while now, the crowd could still cause her to jump randomly if she got a bit too close.

Ravari eventually made it to the bar and asked for drinks for herself and Ice. She had been hesitant when Cassarria had told her that she was going to get someone to act as a chaperone for her, but she had to admit that it had been a good call. With as jumpy as she was, it wasn't hard to trigger a random burst of teleportation. Ice was good at pulling her out of any walls that she accidentally jumped into, and he never made her feel bad about it. Hell, he never even said anything about it at all, even as he was doing it. He just always carried on whatever conversation they were having as if nothing was going on. It surprised her how much that helped to put her at ease about it.

She was pulled from her thoughts when two drinks were placed in front of her. She thanked the bartender and made her way over to the table that she and Ice preferred to sit at. She placed the drinks on the table and sat down to wait for the demon to appear, doing her best to not look a bit uncomfortable as she did so.  

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:52 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Ice moved through the dancing people like he was born to it. It seemed to be second nature to him. He was wearing his human form right now and looked absolutely delicious. And he knew he looked that good.

He was over six feet tall and built like a swimmer, long and lean with just the right amount of muscle. His hair was blue, however. And it wasn't dyed. It was all natural for him. He absolutely loved the shades of blue his hair came in. Namely, all of them. His eyes were a pale clear crystal blue that reminded people of his name. In this form his skin was just the right shade of tan that showed up nicely against his clothes.

Tonight he was wearing blue, of course. He was in a 'blue phase' as he called it. He'd probably switch to a different color in a few decades, but he was enjoying the many shades of blue right now. His slacks were midnight blue linen with streaks of silver in the material. His shirt was a mix of electric blue, indigo, azure in a silk that moved just right around his torso as he dodged bodies like an expert.

He finally got to the table and leaned in to give Ravari a kiss to her cheek before dropping dramatically into the booth, "Thank you so much for getting the drinks, Vari. I'm exhausted. And not in the nice way. But I am pleased to see you finally wearing my label. I told you that dress was perfect for the club. The material works with you and keeps you cool at the same time, despite your beautiful fur. And grey is sooo your color. The only thing better would be blue but I'll get you there eventually," he said in a playful tone as she scooted into the corner booth with him.

He moved his eyes over the dance floor then turned a teasing smirk to her, "Anything of interest out there? I will say that I caught sight of Sam getting turned down by a lovely brunette earlier. I swear that he'd make a try with any set of boobs taller than he is, the idiot. Polish, he's wearing Reds label. I swear that he has no taste whatsoever. And he's got a flat a** too," he showed no shame in his commentary.

Plus, he was letting her know that Sam was on the prowl. She'd already sunk her claws into the wolf shifter once. Then he'd had to pull her out of a table but it hadn't stopped him telling the idiot off.

He leaned back in the booth until his head was in her lap, "How's my bestie tonight? I'm sorry I wasn't there when you got up but I had to deliver a design for Cassarria. She requested one for a friend of hers and you know I can't turn that redhead down for anything," he said, his icy blue eyes begging her forgiveness for making her come up to their table alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:17 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

So at least a bit of her sleuthing had been accurate then.. It did catch her attention that Cas had seemed prepared for... something... to warrant a change of clothing and yet Raff didn't comment or argue at the necessity as the current situation proved all too well why the precaution was wise. Though surely it had been for the potential mess of blood, not more... carnal motives.. Briefly the woman's mind traced back to what little she could remember from the feeding and, with a swiftness that tapped into her vampiric speed, Raff's heeled shoes tapped on the floor neatly as she stood from his lap and lightly crossed her arms under her bust in a thoughtful manner. If not for the faintest hints of red at her ear tips one might think she'd just made up her mind to move and yet... as the sounds he'd made whispered through her mind Raff had to admit she'd become a little more aware of just how realistic her earlier dismissal seemed. Vampires were rumored to be a bit more sexual in their approach to feeding, she didn't have experience with being on the receiving end of that sort of bite but Rain hadn't seemed in pain from hers... It wasn't lost on the woman that, though clearly inhuman, the man was quite lovely in his way and he'd made it a point to express his feelings; Raff finally had to admit that there was a potential risk here she hadn't considered for herself when first agreeing to this situation. Cas had said she'd like him... It was troubling to realize how easy the woman could be right and the dangers that sentiment might cause. Romance was... complicated. Then there was the matter of his Magic, she really didn't know enough about the subject to tell what dangers came with courting a man so much stronger.. Realizing she'd fallen into her thoughts, absently studying Rain's figure on the couch, she blinked slowly and turned her stare to the bag that had been placed for her. It would be a lie to say her little fashion-loving heart didn't skip a beat at the idea of what was in it; It was almost a relief to admit that much of her old self still remained in this odd new existence and it was a welcome distraction to take her attention off of her new awareness towards Rain himself. Stripping wasn't particularly embarrassing for her, Raff was rather proud of her body, but... Well, there was no harm in being a little modest while she felt out how far she wanted to risk going with this strangely charming man. Her mind was urging caution; The rest of her... A firm shake of her head and Raff was turning away to gently grab the bag and lift it curiously, gratefully distracting herself from that thought as she motioned for Rain to step outside. " I'll take you up on that then, please give me a moment to freshen up." Shooing the man out the door with a elegant flick of her fingers Raff waited until the door clicked softly before peering into the bag, the soft fabric of her gift slipping around her fingers like most given form. It was.. beautiful. It looked like something her mother would have worn, once upon a time, and the thought made her heart ache a little..

After about ten minutes the door to the room opened again and Raff stepped out, her strappy heels replaced with the softer tap of delicate white sandals on the carpeted floor and the long folds of her white sun dress swirled around her lower legs in a fluid tumble. It was a deceptively simple dress yet the intricate stitching and quality cloth showed the true art of the piece, a deep blood red ribbon synching the waist and trailing a subtle bow down the back of the dress in two whimsical tails. The dress had small straps over her shoulders, the bust gently swooping into a soft V and a dainty red ribbon necklace had been fastened like a choker around her neck safely pairing with her mother's necklace. Raff's hair had been combed thanks to the brush smuggled in her gift bag, the dark strands woven into a loose braid that she'd pulled over her shoulder and teased the plaites cautiously with her fingers to fluff the braid before she'd grabbed her old outfit and placed the items into her gift bag gently. Carrying the bag like a purse Raff tucked her arms behind her back and clasped her hands together over the bag's handle, her posture playful as if giddy from indulging in her fashion hobby had pleased her. The new outfit design made her seem younger, less intimidating even as the pale dress hugged her frame sweetly, and despite herself Raff halted in front of Rain to sway for him before asking "Thoughts?" While the dress was far from her typical style of city chic it fit her oddly well, Raff had taken a few moments alone earlier just to make sure she'd put it on correctly and for some reason she did want Rain's feedback.

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:16 pm
Dalia Thail

Rain had no issues with moving into the hallway but found himself disappointed about the soundproofing that came with closing the door. Still, he was patient and simply leaned against the wall with his arms and ankles crossed in a pose that appeared casual.

As always, though, appearances could be deceiving. And with the Hylarr, they usually were.

While he waited, he nodded to Willa as she passed him a couple of times and ignored her teasing grin at his expulsion from the room.

He was rewarded when Raff exited and couldn't resist looking her over from head to toe. As his eyes made the trip back up, he didn't bother to hide the heat in them and even gave out a pleased rumble that was somewhere between a growl and a purr but still expressed exactly what he thought of the outfit.

He finally pushed away from the wall and offered her a hand. When she hesitantly put her fingers on his palm, he held them gently and leaned down just enough to place a teasing kiss to her knuckles, "You look fantastic, Raff... This looks much more like you. While I'm certain that the other is you, I have to admit that I like this better," he admitted in total honesty.

Yes, he'd admitted that he knew there were two sides to her: the professional, and the private. But he had to admit that he liked this side of her.

He used her hand to make her give a spin and flare the skirt of the dress, making him give another one of those rumbles as he smiled again, "Very beautiful," he said while looking into her eyes. That look said that he was talking more about her than the dress.

But he finally released her hand and gestured to the hallway, "While I would love to continue to admire you and Ice's work on you, I know you have to get home before sunrise. I'll escort you through," he offered then looked behind her and had to grin as Willa approached with a full professional garment bag and offered it to him, "Ice?" he asked simply.

Willa nodded with a wink, "Yup! Apparently he wanted her to have something professional as well. Said something about 'office wear is much too severe for such a beautiful woman', or something like that. I admit that he went over my head when he started in on Elvish Silk and Demonic Satin," she said and offered Raff a cheery wave of her fingers as she turned to go back down the hallway.

Rain simply nodded as he folded the garment bag over his arm and offered his other arm to her, "Well, you can look at it later. Ice is never wrong about clothes. It's why he's got a waiting list three years long for new clients begging for his designs. Apparently, he likes dressing you," he offered with a wink as she finally took his arm and let him lead her the other way around so that they wouldn't have to deal with the dance floor.

They came out by the bar this time and Laura let out an appreciative whistle at her new outfit but left it at that. Rain led her to the elevator where one of the Sniffers was waiting. He passed the garment bag over to him and turned to Raff.

This time, he openly leaned in and pressed his furred cheek against hers, "I'll see you next time you come in, Raff," he told her softly in her ear before pulling back just enough to place a teasing kiss to her lips, pulling back before she could stop him, "I'll let Wayne walk you out from here," he gave her a polite nod and turned to disappear into the crowd.

Wayne waited a moment then gestured to the open elevator, "Ma'am?" he said simply, his accent something close to Southern but holding a hint of something else in it that was more exotic.

The Sniffers were fiercely loyal to Cassarria and somehow managed to be able to tell what race anyone was. But they were unfailingly polite as well.

Wayne was here to escort her safety to the car waiting for her, as she'd arranged when she'd arrived earlier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:35 pm
Red Gypsy

Ravari looked out over the crowd as she waited for Ice, zoning out a bit as she thought back to the first time she had run into a crowd after finally escaping her captor. She remembered the looks of pity or disgust at seeing her slightly charred body and the scars around her wrists and throat. Almost everyone had chosen to step away and avoid her as she tried to deal with everything. Some had said some very horrible and disgusting things that had really hurt and stuck with her. Only one had actually understood the state she was in and had snuck her to his home to help her.

She came back the present as Ice arrived, realizing that she had been rubbing at the scar on her neck without thinking about it. She offered the demon a happy smile upon seeing him and giggled a bit at his kiss to her cheek. "I hope you're not too exhausted to have some fun," she said. "My day just started, and I was hoping to get to have a good time with my best friend."

She smiled at his comment about how pleased he was to finally see her wearing his label. She gave a quick spin to show off, hoping to amuse him. After a moment, she scooted into the booth with him and gave a quick shrug when he asked if there was anything of interest. She frowned a bit when he mentioned Sam, remembering her encounter with the damn wolf shifter that had left her teleporting into a table.

She shook her head a bit. "He really is the worst, isn't he? No taste, no class. And despite getting turned down by literally everyone, he never seems to learn. Hell, I would have a way better chance of getting somewhere with any of the women that he hits on." She gave a soft chuckle. "Maybe I should go out there and show him how it's done."

She smiled down at Ice as he leaned back and placed his head in her lap. "I'm okay, Ice. I know you would've preferred to be there when I got up, but you have a job that you have to do. Wouldn't want to risk making Cassarria mad." She looked out over the crowd again for a moment and then back down to Ice. "I made it through the Club and to our table with only one instinctive jump, and I went around the crowd instead of through them. So I think I'm doing pretty well."  

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:59 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Ice gave a giggle at the thought of Ravari showing up Sam but didn't comment on it. Instead he pulled her hand down and pressed a kiss to her palm, "You're learning well, Vari. Next thing you know, you'll be picking up a guy for me and bringing him to the table for a feast," he teased her with a wink.

He finally sat up and took a sip of his whiskey sour, giving a pleased sound at the taste of citrus before pointing out another guy on the dance floor with a snort, "Can you believe that guy?! Who wears white pants to a club these days?" he asked then frowned as he got a better look and nearly turned green, "I'm wrong. That's not white. It's yellow corduroy. I think I may get sick," he groused and turned to look in another direction, "Vari... I think my eyes have been poisoned by that sight," he whined a bit.

This was their usual routine for an outing from their room. They came up to the club floor and compared guys. Sometimes they danced and had fun. Sometimes their party got crashed by a certain vampire mentor that Ice dearly loved poking at. Sometimes they hid in his office and she helped him with fabric suggestions for his designs.

Oddly enough, she'd never actually asked him what his abilities were exactly. True, he hadn't shared. But it was working for them.

Besides, as far as he was concerned, his true ability was design. He certainly had enough people begging for his work to prove it...

The direction of his gaze caught something that made him turn a grin to her, "Now that, Sweetie..." he pointed over his shoulder as Rain started to pass their table with a nod for them both and Ice made no secret of watching the male walk away, "That, my bestie... Is a prime a**..." he said with a pleased sound before he bit his lower lip.

And yes, he knew what he was doing. He knew what her reaction would be and he did it every time to get that reaction, hoping she'd change it at some point and loosen up over the male. Besides, it was Ice... He wasn't going to change his behavior any time soon...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:10 pm
Red Gypsy

Ravari shook her head a bit when Ice made his comment about her picking up a guy for him and bringing him to the table. "Pretty sure that you want that guy to be in one piece when he gets to the table, so I think we should let him walk over for the foreseeable future," she said with a teasing grin. "Not opposed to jumping into the crowd to find someone for you, though."

She looked out over the crowd as Ice sat up, laughing a bit when he pointed out the guy in white pants before realizing with horror that the pants were actually yellow corduroy. "I guess that it is possible to go past having zero taste and get into the negative somehow. Even I know that they've gone too far with that."

She couldn't help but smile as they spoke like this. She never would've expected this to be her usual routine, but there was just something nice about hanging out with Ice and comparing guys on the dance floor like this. It relaxed her and made her smile every time.

She knew that it was probably a bit odd that she hadn't really asked him about what his powers or abilities were. But she wasn't really concerned about that. He had quickly proven himself to be a wonderful friend that truly cared for her, and she wanted nothing more than to be a good friend for him and show that she cared for him too.

Ravari noticed Ice's gaze shift to something before he turned to grin at her. She didn't even need to look where he was pointing to know exactly who he was probably pointing out. But her gaze still moved to find Rain as the older Hylarr passed their table with a nod in their direction. She blushed and looked away quickly, knowing that Ice wanted her to react that way but unable to stop herself.  

Dameon Black Alt
Crew

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:39 pm
Dameon Black Alt

Ice gave a soft chuckle and gently raised her chin with a finger before teasingly tapping her nose with the same finger. He gently caressed her cheeks to flatten her fur again from her blush then directed her eyes towards the dance floor.

He leaned in to press his cheek against hers so that they were both looking in the same direction, "Alright now... Vari. I want you to honestly and openly look over everything else on the dance floor then verbally tell me who has the best a**, abs, chest, and please, dear gods, don't leave out forearms... I tell you that every time we come up here. This time, it's your turn," he told her softly then pressed a kiss to her cheek.

Yes, he pushed her. All the time. But she was making progress because of it and because he wasn't malicious about it. So far, he'd gotten her mostly comfortable in her own skin and fur.

They'd even turned her wardrobe around to work with her scars instead of hiding them. That one had involved admiring a few choice demons that loved their scars to be admired.

She'd blushed, she'd teleported a few times, and she'd fidgeted. But she'd finally done it and learned to love her body. Sure, she had moments. Any trauma survivor did. But she was making progress.

This was just another blip on the journey.

And she knew he wouldn't let us until she did as he wanted. He'd had them sitting here for hours one time until she looked at the way the dancers moved and relaxed into the music. Now, she was just as good on the dance floor as he was.

Progress!

That didn't mean he was wrong to push her. He just had to do it in stages. It had taken him weeks to get her to decide on the color to paint her bedroom, but she'd finally picked the color on her own.

He reached out and picked up his glass to take a sip before looking back at her rather pointedly then pointed to the dance floor, "And don't start Mr Yellow Corduroy over there, please. I'm halfway tempted to have security remove him for burning my eyes and sensibilities," he said in a superior tone guaranteed to make he giggle at him.  
Human Realms - NA Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff