Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyPipen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 pm
Gray or Black Pup? Black

Pup’s Name: Bump in the Night

What’s his greatest passion? He’s gunna be the very best, like no one ever was…. His passion isn’t a rank, nor anything so trivial as simply becoming strong. No, these are temporary pursuits- nothing truly worthy. He wants to be as great as the moon- to leave a legend like his dad, but greater. One that everyone will remember, not just a story some silly she-wolf will tell her pups, and then be forgotten. No, when he dies, he will come to be a second moon in the sky, he’s certain of it.

What’s his greatest flaw?: Arrogance. Pride. Ego. Aggression. The list could continue- while he has plenty of the positive traits that such things could be flipped into, such as passion and confidence… He is, and always will be, a self-serving bully. Much of it can, and will, serve to better the pack, but there will surely be just as more who curse his name when he leaves than those who praise it, and he’s quite fine with that.

How does he handle the cold? He hates it- it bites and claws fiercer than any wolf… But he’ll never complain. It’s part of his destiny as a great wolf of the Moongate to shoulder hardship and suffering without so much as a whimper- and that, he shall certainly do.

How does he handle conflict? He crushes it. Have an arguement? Best be ready to beat him in a physical fight. Have an opinion he doesn’t agree with? Fight. Exist where he doesn’t wish you to? Oh boy oh howdy you better be prepared to have your a** kicked. He doesn’t do the ‘talking’ thing- after all, words hardly matter if you can’t back them up with action. Nor does he respect or care for those who can’t stand up to or hold their own against him- it doesn’t matter who wins, it matters that you threw your being into it. If you spar sloppily, if he can’t feel your spirit in combat, if you simply roll over without a fight? How dare you even call yourself a wolf of the Moongate- much less sully his view with your presence!

What’s his quirkiest trait? He can’t turn down a dare. He has a very unhealthy love for unreasonable and dangerous challenges- wanna ride a log down the mountain slope? He’s there. Dare him to dive down a hole in the river ice to fish? He’ll be with the healers for the next month because you bet he did it, and brought back 5 fish before he was too frozen to continue. He’s a glory hog and an adrenaline junkie, and not at all wise….

Is he a follower or a leader? Neither- he’s not keen on following anyone, being too prideful to be a submissive type, and while he likes to say he’s a leadership type…. He really doesn’t work well with others. He’s not adept at assessing others, much less their strengths and weaknesses and how well they’d work together. He may have a problem with authority, but pity the souls of the wolves required to work beneath him, because they’re in for the hardest path possible, simply because their leader believes that physical strength is the only valid strength, and muscling through adversaries is the truest way.

Any other tidbits of personality/information you want to share or expound upon:

- Boy collects scars like souveniers, and doles them out just as easily. HE loves them, and cannot fathom why anyone else wouldn’t be as enthusiastic.

- Despite his high aggression and eagerness to spar, it’s not out of malice- really, he’ll only respect and enjoy the company of wolves who can give as good as they get. Kick his a**? You’re his best friend now, congrats.

- Is slightly masogynistic. Someone give him a lady to kick his a**.

- The BIGGEST momma’s boy ever.

Gray or Black Pup? Gray

Pup’s Name: Sky’s Fall

What’s his greatest passion? Running- it may seem simple, mundane, but when he grows, he’ll find that racing the world is his greatest love. Nature is more dangerous than any wolf, no matter what anyone says- a misplaced step, a cracked ankle, that can kill you. The cold will lull you into a comfortable sleep from which you’ll never wake- ice hides dangers in every line… He lives to test himself against nature, not any wolf. He’s not stupid enough to set one off, but his greatest goal is to race an avalanche- and win, of course.

What’s his greatest flaw? As far as the pack is concerned… Apathy. He’ll learn to put forth just enough of a fight to get away with it, but he rolls over easily and has no passion for physical conflict. He’d rather sit back and watch, learn… His strength doesn’t lie in combat or struggling against his peers, but rather, conquering nature- who he likes to think is a far fiercer adversary.

How does he handle the cold? He quietly loves it- sure, it stings your cheeks, and has plenty of unpleasant adverse effects, and you may sting when you find a warm place after…. But when you sit in the ice and snow long enough, it has the strangest softness that he finds strangely comforting after the sting fades- nevermind that it’s a sign of oncoming injury and death.

How does he handle conflict? He doesn’t- he simply doesn’t care for the conflicts between wolves, and is quite satisfied with whatever is said of him from it. Why would he care, when words could roll down his back as water down a duck’s? They only hurt him if he lets them- now, physical hurt on the other hand… But he learns the delicate art up putting up just enough effort in a forced spar before showing his belly to minimize physical injury.

What’s his quirkiest trait? He likes to collect oddities- hagstones are his favorites, but he’ll also collect dried flowers of all sorts, interesting rocks, gemstones, geodes, a particularly interesting knarled root… Anything that catches his fancy. He’s also very particular about organization and nesting- when he grows up, he’ll have a nice, den hidden away somewhere, and take care to line it with the softest moss and the warmest downy rabbit fur he can collect… despite his love of the cold, he doesn’t actually wish to die in it.

Is he a follower or a leader? Surprisingly enough, he’ll grow into a leader. He’s quiet, humble and rolls over easily in a spar… But if he manages to gain a rank as ranger? His observational skills will lend him well in assessing threats and the best paths to take from point A to B, and he’s just as well-suited for dissecting the personalities he works with and matching them to the best tasks and partners to their abilities- he may not show a great deal of force in enforcement, but he won’t take much in way of nay-saying either. Let someone speak against them once, and he’ll personally set them to the path of most resistance… Should they return alive, they’ll shape up right quick, he’s certain.

Any other tidbits of personality/information you want to share or expound upon:

- He’s apathetic, generally. Not to the point of depression, but he feels emotions in mute- they’re there, just not as intensely as most feel them.

- Has a habit of employing very dry sarcasm. “Oh, no… Don’t sit on me with your fat a**… What ever will I do… Help, I’m smothered…”

- Is actually incredibly embarrassed with his collections- they will never see the light of day, ever, and discovery of it will likely be the most vivid showing of emotion one will ever get out of him.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:03 pm
This contest is now over! I will be reviewing the entries and posting the winners asap <3 Thank you all for participating!  

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:33 am
Thank you all for your patience!

After reviewing everyone's entry (more than once, haha), we finally have our winners!

---

For the black pup, the winner is...

Straye
Straye! This 'monster within' is an intriguing concept, and one that Cloud By Night himself would have (very likely) related to. I look forward to watching this unfold, seeing how it plays into his interactions, and where it takes him in the end.

For the gray pup, the winner is...

RuIerr
Rulerr! He reminds me some of Ivory Lace who, although viewed as a b*****d now, was often known to take the weight of the world onto his shoulders when it came to life in this strange family unit. I enjoy the idea of a level-headed pup in the midst of (potentially) more rambunctious, over-zealous, and otherwise power hungry youths. At least, that is what most of the pack would expect from a Cloud By Night litter.

---

Welcome to the family you two!!! I will be posting for their certs today! Feel free to poke me with any questions you might have ;3

And a BIG OLE thank you to everyone for participating! I apologize for confusion in the middle there, but I appreciate everyone's flexibility! This turn out was fantastic and I'm so grateful for the interest.  
[OOC] Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff