Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Feast] Let's Get This Party Started! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:04 pm
Ty'nan and Bllue Chinanazith

Chinanazith lolled at his mother's feet, rolling onto his back and curling his front feet in as he gazed adoringly up at his sire. Oh Papa, I will, I'm sure. I just want to cuddle with you for a little. The baby blue dragon squirmed a little, then rolled back and got to his feet, only to walk to Turoth's feet and repeat the same flop-roll-lounge action. I would love nothing more than a big soft cuddle pile...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
At the feast itself, Ty'nan was looking for a table to stake out before fighting his way through the weyrfolk gathered around the food to get himself something to eat. He finally spotted one and laid claim to it just as another weyrling was moving toward it. "Hi!" he greeted jovially, sitting down. "It's... V'ime, right? Saw you at the feeding table. Beautiful little green you Impressed! Have a seat, wait out the mad food rush." Patting the table, he grinned at V'ime. "We can let the party come to us."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:05 pm
Z'rai and Kaloth

Ferrying people was satisfying. It made a constant happy hum of contented noise rumble through Kaloth's head, at least, particularly as he had so recently been grounded from flying at all. Z'rai's reminders to take it easy hadn't exactly thrilled the bg brown, but he understood and took it in stride, and kept making the journey.

And now? Now there was time for not only the dragon but the rider to stop and relax and enjoy himself. Kaloth settled outside, watching those who passed in and out with excited curiosity. The new dragonets might not be coming home to High Reaches, of course, but it was still good to see and know what was happening in Western.

Z'rai, for his part, had pulled himself together for his time at the feast. He hadn't pulled out all the stops in clothing, because tonight wasn't about attention on him, but he was presentable enough, he thought. Smiling and nodding to those who met his eye, he threaded his way between people and table, making very certain not to bump into anyone. Along the way, he spotted Martirae, and not honestly surprised, made his way toward her, saying once he reached her, "I'm always surprised by how many people can be packed into one place at the same time. Evening, Martirae."

Anakumath! The brown hadn't spotted her yet, but she had to be close, given that His had found the young woman matched to her. I should have known you would be here. Have you been here long? Did you see the Hatching? What do you think of the new little ones?

demon_pachabel

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 pm
User ImageStrigonth (Western)

Such a lovely day. A lovely day, and a lovely clutch of eggs, all hatched into lovely children of lovely parents. Yes, yes... it was all so very... precious. And really, nothing to do with the blue, but all the same, unbidden he came winging from his ledge on high to drop, silently down towards the gathering rabble. Swift and soundless as a shadow, the slender dragon swooped down, landing with delicate poise before folding his wings and striding towards a certain white-bronze-gold trio. And oh, look—such a delight, some of their little hatchlings were there with them, along with.. yes, he did believe that was Khamaith's sire as well. A joyful little family gathering, wasn't it?

Well done indeed, Baihath, Khamaith. He purred as he sidled up, close but still respectfully at wing's length from them. And you as well, Turoth, of course. Such darling little ones would not be here were it not for you as well. His eyes whirled a friendly, gentle blue-green as they trailed over the little family gaggle. He gave a friendly bob of his headknobs to Cordrath, and a soft hum to whichever hatchlings were gathered near, though he did not speak to the bronze or them—they had not met, and in truth they wasn't the ones Strigonth was there to see. I'm glad to see you all doing so very well. And I would be quite beside myself to even think of keeping from sharing my compliments, and my affections, from you, my favorite couple in all the Weyr. His eyes flashed deep purple at Baihath and Khamaith, genuine fondness in them—in truth, he was quite fond of them both. He could remember quite clearly when they'd come to the Weyr, so small that even Khamaith had been able to walk beneath his wings without touching them. My, how the turns flew...

Tsunake
Checking in on Baihath!
Prism Shine
Checking in on Khamaith!
SilverLutz
Checking in on Turoth!
Quote:
And anyone else around!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:48 pm
Niobet and Aedeth

There were reasons, ample reasons, to stay away from Western. There were also those occasions when the reasons could be set aside for a while. A Hatching was one of them, so Niobet and Aedeth had come.

More than watching hatchlings find their mates and begin their new lives together, Niobet loved the pageantry and spectacle of the feast that followed. Everyone dressed in their finest. People strutting like proud peacocks to draw attention to themselves. Snippets of conversation that were, perhaps, not meant to be overheard, and yet were spoken a little too loudly because of the din of other voices in the room.

It made Niobet smile.

So she stood and she smiled and sipped a glass of wine. Her hair was up tonight, festooned with tiny dark stones that all but disappeared into the curls, announcing themselves only when she turned her head or tipped it while in conversation, a spark o reflected light that disappeared again. The dress was simple, a rich, ruddy brownm that came close to matching her eyes. It was cut close, left long, fittered to flatter but not overshare.

She might have felt out of place here, once, but she was comfortable now. Comfortable enough to lift her glass in toast to a familiar face before she drank again.

Quote:
Open to anyone, if anyone is interested. smile

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:41 pm
Ezyzu and Khamaith

Having spent the entire hatching on the edge of her seat, flanked by Alya and Ar’ad, as equally captivated with each hatching egg like it hadn’t been over two turns since she had been on Western’s hatching sands like all those candidates milling about. She had wept solidly multiple times, even harder as Khamaith had to help such a handsome little white out of his egg, and the blue who had mowed candidates down in his egg just as Baihath had done, as well. Each perfect baby that Khamaith, Turoth, and Baihath had helped nurture and bring into the world, and every shine of rainbows that solidified new bonds.

She hadn’t needed the bucket her darling weyrmate had brought for her, and an ache in her leg wasn’t enough to slow her strides after Demodeth had made his choice, and the hatching grounds had emptied. Changed into a flowing dress of purple and gold, her leg freshly cared and braced, and had headed to the feast.

There was no sadness anywhere across their strong bond, as Khamaith--freshly eaten herself and gleamingly oiled--approached the feastivities. While she would miss the quiet moments of lovingly tending her clutch, private moments between her, Baihath, and Turoth -- it was all worth it to see those pretty little shells crack and shatter, to watch each and every step her children took to find Theirs. They were on their own journeys now, to grow and learn with their riders and find their own footholds in the world -- and Khamaith couldn’t wait to see how they grew.

She’s awash in Cordrath’s love, and happily returns her own to her father. I’m so delighted you were able to come. There had been months of fretting for her father over the ocean, hurt and unable to see him but a few times when Khamaith had been able to. Thank you. They’re.. perfect. Her words are still soaked in that awe-filled tone, a feeling she had been steeped in every now and again when she had tended to beautiful eggs. But here they are, and Khamaith cannot wait to greet them to their own party.

Khamaith first approached Baihath, doing her best to not knock her beloved darling over while nuzzling him -- his prancing alights her hearts, for she wants to play. But perhaps there would be time for that later -- for it seemed like it would still be a while before she returned to active duty. But some of their children had Baihath’s playful spirit, and no doubt he would find babies to play with.

She turned, nuzzling underneath Turoth’s chin and settled between both him and Baihath. Ezyzu standing next to her absolutely beaming, though she cast a glance at Ar’ad -- at least he looked in better spirits now, over when there had been some mild reprimanding to the stands. She’s.. partially sure that she had looked similar to Khamaith’s admonishment, but there was nothing to do about it now. Only smile as guests and children began to arrive.

Alenciath was first to arrive, screeching to a halt, and Khamaith dipped her head to nuzzle at her daughter. As much as she could, anyway, with so much pep in every step. Hello Alenciath. Are you excited for tonight, my love?

Next to arrive had been Ilaorunth and Hers, and Khamaith was all too happy to nuzzle and croon to her daughter. Enjoy tonight, Ilaorunth. A party all for you and your siblings, my darling. There was quite a few family members for her to meet -- especially those from High Reaches that had come to visit, and her hearts are warm as she watched her daughter move to converse with her grandfather.

Booping her nose against Chinanazith’s, Khamaith crooned as she shifted her paws, to give her son somewhere more cozy to lean against. But there’s a small delight as he moved off to cuddle with Turoth. Are you comfortable, Chinanazith? She of all dragons could relate to a cozy spot to find in, and, in her case, a nice cozy nap to take.

Rhodonth was offered a nuzzle, crooning softly to her pale daughter in return, watching with a fond eye as she went to converse.

There’s a soft chuckle that pangs through Khamaith, her hearts alight at seeing Quinineth come forward, dipping her head to gently boop her tiny son. Darling Quinineth, seeing you and your siblings happy and about does me more joy than I could ever put into words. For her first clutch, her first children, had been everything she had ever expected and more. You and Yours take tonight, enjoy your party. You and your siblings are the lights of tonight.

A sweet croon for her friend as she noticed Strigonth, a delighted curl in her otherwise purple eyes. Thank you -- a delight to see you come to the festivities, dear Strigonth. There was nothing but warmth in her hearts for a beloved friend, to join the festivities and celebration of her children. So long ago, when Western had been so large and she so small, her first friend who was not amongst her siblings. Khamaith turned an affectionate eye onto her children who had gathered and her hearts were ablaze with love -- for her children, for her mate, for dear Turoth who had helped to bring such beautiful babies into the world, for family and friends gathered to help celebrate.

Tsunake

SilverLutz

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

tatterpixie

Hattaki

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:48 pm
Nadry and Menankith

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nadry hadn't known quite what to expect from a Western Hatching - not that it was actually all that different from a High Reaches Hatching, apart from the apparent propensity Western bronzes had for causing a scene. She had enjoyed finally having the opportunity to attend, as circumstances had always prevented it until now, no matter how much she'd wanted to watch her brother Stand. And, as it happened, their nieces had both opted to Stand as well, which had come as a surprise to her, though there was certainly nothing wrong with it! She had worried, though, that one might Impress while the other did not, as Elibrie seemed particularly dependent on her older sister. Whatever she had expected, she had not expected Rykin to Impress a bronze.

Not that there was anything wrong with that, she'd just always imagined that he would wind up with a brown, as she and M'yk had. Still, while it was a mental adjustment, she was no less delighted for him, and as excited as she was for a night out with her beaus - and was eager as ever to sample the delicious variety of food on offer - her first order of business was to find her brother so that she could congratulate him properly.

Menankith, like His, wasn't quite certain to make of Rykin with a bronze, although he knew that some bronzes were fine indeed, and if one wanted Rykin, then surely it was among their number. Perhaps they would even meet before the night was done, but at the moment, the brown was quite happy to be cuddling with certain someones on a warm beach. While His saw to her brother, he reached out to her nieces with a gentle touch. He knew they'd not been hurt, but he was curious to know how they fared otherwise. I do hope you are well, little hatchlings. Do be sure to eat!

...you may also drink, if you want, he added after a moment of consideration. That was another thing His had been very hesitant about, having never been permitted such a thing, so her first taste had been at their graduation.

Menankith! Nadry mock-scolded, You're a terrible influence.

Uta

Mr Cheri

Tsunake

Smerdle
lookin for bro

Rio and Tierboskath

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. What a delightful clutch! Rio was absolutely thrilled for Alya and Baihath, and just as much so for his dear friend, who had Impressed the most darling little green - at least, from what he could see in the Stands, and because she had chosen Rasthell, Rio assumed she was darling. How could she not be? In his Feast best, he was torn about where to go and what to do first: did he go to Alya and Baihath, or seek out R'thell and Triesteth to offer his congratulations? The former, he knew, were sure to be busy, with Weyrlings to greet, while the latter now had classmates to mingle with.

Perhaps he would simply mill about and mingle for a bit, socialize and check in with his Candidate friends to make sure they were holding up, and hope to catch R'thell if there was an opportunity. Or he could take Alya a drink, or...

You could bring me deepfish! Tierboskath interrupted. There is deepfish, isn't there?

I don't see any, Rio informed him regretfully, while knowing it was probably for the best. They'd been indulged at their own Feast, but it was very different to indulge a full-grown dragon with food that was intended for partygoers and guests. He could practically feel the blue wilt, however, and sighed. I'll put my plate together, and you can have one piece of fish from it, okay?

Out on the beach, Tierboskath perked up considerably. You know where to find me!

Elibrie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Elibrie wasn't at all in the mood for a Feast, but it seemed rude to her to avoid it entirely, and ruder still to ask to go back to High Reaches early, so here she was, though she'd not made it to the Feast proper. She was a fair ways down the beach, sitting on a blanket (the thought of getting sand on her dress made her cringe) and enjoying a last glimpse of the waves. Her trio of blue flits accompanied her, Lullaby in her lap while Lord Chomps stood stoic guard at the edge of the blanket, and Snoops nosed his way under it.

When Menankith spoke, she ducked her head and thought back, I'm perfectly well. Thank you, Menankith.

She was hungry-but-not after the day she'd had, but she wasn't up to eating just yet. And drinking? Goodness!

Savindri

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. What a fantastic day! Far from being disappointed, Savindri was brightly happy, completely and totally delighted with the way everything had unfolded...well, except for the part where there'd been some injuries, some of them bad, but other than that, everything had been pretty much perfect. The babies had all found Theirs, and one of them had even picked his friend! He couldn't wait to see Zh'gan, and hopefully say a real hello to his bronze.

He'd cleaned himself up after the Hatching, and though he lacked any of the fancy clothes some people were sporting, he wasn't at all bothered to be dressed simply. He was presentable, although his hair defied his halfhearted attempts to finger-comb it into proper order, and that was all that mattered. As long as he didn't drop any food on himself, he'd be just fine! Spots, the blue flit perched on his shoulder, did give him a pop of color, so he wasn't entirely plain. He'd sent Little Green off elsewhere so that she wouldn't steal any of the people food, but as Spots was better able to control himself, he was allowed to come along.

Now then...what to eat first?  

Meepfur
Crew

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:54 pm
User ImageUser ImageTheo & Iweth, (High Reaches, He/Him)

It had been a delightfully exciting day, and Iweth and Theo both had watched the events unfolding on the sands with a great amount of awe and wonder. It still never ceased to amaze the bronze, to see such tiny hatchlings scuttling about. Had he ever been that small? But then, he supposed he must have been once, very long ago. He had gone on and on and on at length to any who would listen about how charming the babies were, how preciously sweet, the most lovely, the most splendid, the most most ever... such was the drama king that he was. For Theo it had been a treasured reminder of happy times, and the joy that came with impression. Dragonriding... was far more terrifying and exhausting and ugly than he had always dreamed before he'd been a part of it, but when he got to see those hatchlings down below, finding theirs... well. It really was just as romantic in ways as he'd always imagined it must be.

Of course, the feast was the next stop, before the hop home bearing the sadly remaining candidates, doomed to wait and wonder. He'd found himself and Iweth to be quite popular among the hopefuls when the chance to ferry them arose—he himself having impressed, and to a bronze at that, far older than most were allowed to stand at High Reaches, he was something of a beacon of hope to some who'd been turned down. He didn't mind, of course, although the attention made him somewhat shy. No, he'd be quite busy reassuring whomever rode with him later on. For now, there was a party to attend.

And a gold, as well—Iweth heard and relayed Hes' call, and then, with all the correct decorum and just enough pause so as to not seem hasty or over-eager, about-faced and took wing to go soaring to the gold that had bid him near. He landed in a plume of sand, twirling merrily blue-purple eyes at the older queen, his thoughts lilting towards her with his usual flair and bard-like flow. Hello, O most splendid lady, golden setting sun, casting her radiant light over all of Pern that falls within her sight! Hesperith, my darling, how are you finding the evening?

Back at the party, Theo spotted Sylfie just as she came around a small crowd of revelers—and froze, his mouth gone suddenly quite dry. He'd seen her in that gown before, not that he'd ever point it out... especially not when she looked so lovely in it. Not that he'd point that out either, of course. She was his friend, his dear friend, his very dear, very lovely, Faranth-gifted-unto-Pern, floating-on-air... Oh dear... He'd better take a swig of his wine before he swallowed his tongue, and get a grip on himself. Before he quite knew what was happening, he was crossing to her, a half-drained wine glass in one hand, and a full one in the other, which was reaching out to offer it.

"S-Sylfie..." was all he managed to stammer out.

Oh dear. Oh very dear indeed.

Meepfur
Coming to see Sylfie and Hes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:17 pm
User ImageFinnisa, Candidate (High Reaches, She/Her)

Finnisa had changed into her gather outfit—no dress for her, this time, but she felt like the breezy shawl and light trousers were nice enough, and done her best to shake off her disappointment. Her little firelizard had snapped into existence from High Reaches almost the moment she'd left he sands, and crooned and cuddled up to her so much that she'd felt a good deal better. So she hadn't impressed, she'd have more chances. And in no time at all the feast was upon them, and she had that to enjoy.

But first, of course, more sober business. Asking around had won her directions to the infirmary, and given there was no somber nod to the fallen candidate, she could only assume Oreune had survived. While the rest of the candidates left unchosen had gone tromping off to drown their sorrows in food and drink and dancing, she'd hung back, and meant to make her way to the healers. She'd stuck close to Dipsi after everything had resolved, for lack of anyone else to mingle with (and she honestly appreciated being able to leave a lot of the excitement to her new friend), and now turned to her. "I'd like to check in on the girl who got mauled—Oreune—she's a friend, from High Reaches like me. Would you like to come too, or, maybe, should I meet you at the feast?"

Sinders Path
Talking to Dipsi!
houllow
Coming to see Oreune in a sec!

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:41 pm
User ImageX, Dragonless (Western, accepts any pronouns)

It was always... something. The hatchings. It was honestly one of X's favorite things, even if every time since... then... they'd ended up sobbing in their room after. It was alright, though. They always emerged after some time to pitch in and help prepare the feast for the new riders-to-be. For all that it drove the wedge of pain deeper into their heart, they did not blame the hatchlings or their chosen ones. Rather, they felt it was critical to help celebrate them, and the wonderful bond they'd found. There was nothing like that bond, that love, in all the world. They knew, after all, because they'd had it too, once upon a time.

So they chopped the meat and stacked the plates and swept the floors, and any other small task that they could do to help before the doors were thrown wide and the party spilled in. And they smiled when they saw the happy faces, and helped pour the wine, and made sure there was always enough to go around. Because they, more than maybe anyone else at the feast, knew that it wouldn't last. And they knew that treasuring these moments of joy, real joy, was going to be so, so important. They hadn't done that enough when they'd had the chance, and they knew they wished they had. Even when they spotted the first of the hatchlings roaming about with their new bonds, they smiled through the crowd to see them. After all, Halcyath had told them to be good, and to work hard, and to do their best. And so they worked and smiled, and did their best to force it to reach their eyes, and to smother the constant pain inside from the sensitive young ones. They didn't want to let him down, after all.

Quote:
Gloomy sad-sack is open to any interaction!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:43 am
Dipsi - Candidate- Western weyr

Dipsi had also returned dressed to impress. She was from a poor community and grown up with little so her dress itself was rather simple, a pale blue affair without pattern that ended just above the knee and left rather little to the imagination. It's only real feature being a stylish tattered frill along the bottom which gave the outfit extra movement. However what made it stand out was Dispsi's home made jewellery all made from seashells and a few polished bits of stone and pebble that had pleasing patterns. The main one hung at her throat staring a beautiful pink swirled shell. She also had shells piled in her sunkissed hair and a make shift belt around her waist.

She happily hooked her arm through Finn's with a smile and bump of her hip. "Of course I will. I know roughly where it is since I got a small tour when I arrived. Though if I come with you then you should at least promise me a dance after!" she declared happily, her eyes shinning as they caught the lights set up around the feast area. Dipsi clearly was not that perturbed by her failure to impress. Not when she had a party to look forward to and many more hatchings in her future.

Without hesitation she lead her new friend off to find the injured girl, and probably drag her back to dance as well.

ShinosBee
Finnisa, Candidate (High Reaches, She/Her)
houllow
Coming to see Oreune in a sec!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:09 am

R'lyr of brown Andelath

R'lyr had dressed a bit more subdued, for him, in a dark green tunic, and striped yellow orange breeches, with dark black buckle boots and a dramatically large and flowing coat. Which as much as he loved the dynamic lines of it, was warm for the climate and resting on Andelath's back.

It was easy to catch sight of Akaris, she had always been breathtaking but her dress of choice was bright and eye searing notice me shades. He took a moment to gather up some drinks, wine because he knew she would want it and walked over. "Well, you out did yourself again, my lady," He said warmly, offering her the glass of wine. "Did you see anyone you wish to speak to?"

Andelath had found a place to watch, the brown stretching, wings flaring wide to show off his patterning before settling down to relax.

Meepfur
Akaris and Samodith

Andelath is open if clutchmates or others want to talk.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:50 am
Ar'ad and Bronze Turoth

The baby dragons and their riders were certainly starting to pile in now. Had he been able to, Turoth would have smiled as their smallest son made his appearance. He had to admit he'd been delighted to see each color of the three parents represented in the clutch and the parallels between Khamaith and Baihath's hatching certainly hadn't been missed by many who had gathered.

You found her all on your own, Quinineth. And quite quickly, might I add. You're a dragon who knows what he wants. Leaning down, he gently rested his large head on the ground beside the tiny white to ever so gently nudge him, love flooding into the little dragon. Each and every child of theirs was just as dear to him as the next and he wanted them all to know that.

No sooner had he lifted his head than Chinanazith toddled over to him, drawing a delighted laugh and content hum from the bronze. He shifted his talons to make a comfortable little bed for the chill blue to recline in, careful not to let the sharp claws rest in a way that his blue son might harm himself.

I think you'll find that many of your siblings are quite warm to the idea as well, and I know your mother, Papa and I are always there for cuddles whenever you wish for them. No matter how big or small his children got, Turoth would always be there for them no matter what their need. A cuddle pile was one he certainly didn't mind helping with considering that's how he'd been spending the past few months with Turoth and Baihath.

The approached of Strigonth had Turoth raising his head once more, a fondness washing over the blue in thanks for his approval. He knew Strigonth was here for Khamaith and Baihath more than he, though the praise was welcome. He bobbed his head but let his gold and white companions take the lead in conversing with him.

Glancing beside him to Khamaith and Baihath, he gave them both a comforting but delighted press from his mind, a gesture that if her were human would have been compared to wrapping an arm around both of their shoulders and giving a squeeze. All their hard work was finally paying off, the hours they'd spent tending to the eggs and rotating who went out for food and to stretch for a bit. The love they'd given to the eggs, the doting and care and hard work was clear for all to see now. All of their children were here, there had been very little drama on the sands, and they were all healthy and well.

Hattaki

tatterpixie

ShinosBee

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:11 am
V'ime and Green Rhodonth

More of Rhodonth's siblings approached the little group of gathered dragons and she was quick to greet them as well. She let them speak to their parents first before giving them each a welcoming brush of her mind against theirs, polite and demur and very proper.

You look very dapper with your wings like that, Quinineth. Yours looks very nice as well. She had turned her swirling blue and green gaze back to look at the delighted girl who was currently...strangling?...someone else. She seemed to be a bit of a rougher type like her V'ime, though she did have much nicer clothes than he did. No matter. She'd ensure he bought something worthy of his new status as a dragon rider, something sharp and fancy and beautiful.

Looking back up to her parents, she stepped forward again to inspect Khamaith's large paws. She pressed one little, dainty one to a massive claw before giving a loving creel up to the massive dragon above her.

You are radiant tonight, Mother. Just as you were this afternoon. I hope you'll find time to enjoy yourself tonight and not be stuck here for the whole thing. Greeting people and their children was certainly an honor, but after a certain point she knew she'd be itching to socialize. There was an undertone to her words, one of pure love and adoration for the dragons before her.

Hattaki

Prism Shine

V'ime was making a beeline for the free table and was just about to pull out a chair to sit when another man did the same thing at the exact same time, just a few chairs away. He paused and almost conceded the table to the other weyrling, but that would be silly. There were plenty of seats here and, much like the sands, if Niviora took too long and the seats were taken, well. That was her fault, wasn't it?

"Thanks," he said as he did take a seat at Ty'nan's offer. There was easily room for ten more at the size of the table they'd found. If it filled up would remain to be seen.

"Er...yes, she's. She's something," Although V'ime still felt rather overwhelmed and underdressed for Rhodonth, he couldn't suppress the love that snuck into his voice. She had chosen him, after all. How could he not?

"Your blue seems quite relaxed," he added, recalling now the the way Ty'nan's had been almost reclining while being fed. "He's quite the handsome dragon as well. And..." He glanced out towards the throngs of people, a wry smile twisting his lips.

"The party can stay right where it is. I don't mind." He wasn't much of a feast person beyond eating the free food, but he'd gone to enough to know that it wasn't quite as bad as he thought it would be the first time he attended one. Glancing back at his table companion, V'ime held out a hand. He'd seen Ty'nan at hatchings and touchings before but had never gotten to know him considering they were at different Weyrs. That was going to change now so it would be in V'ime's best interests to get to know his new peers.

"Ty'nan, was it? Seems we'll be seeing a lot more of each other now."

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:03 am
Alya and White Baihath

The young woman turned with an easy smile as someone approached her, her expression fading only slightly with apprehension as she recognized Erastan. She never quite knew how to interact with him after he'd given her a little fright early on. Still, she watched and listened quietly, her smile blooming once more at his words.

"Thank you." She told him sincerely, and her eyes lit up. "I'm so happy for her! He was such a polite little thing, wasn't he?" Oh, but she was getting excited again...

He was still intimidating, but she appreciated that he'd taken the time to approach her and made an attempt to be civil. It was a kind gesture... and probably not easy, judging by his stance. A girl suddenly tackled him from behind, and Alya could only laugh at delight. This had to be Etansi. "Oh, congratulations!" She beamed at the pair, for the girl's happiness was infectious. "Your Quinineth is perfect!"

Baihath dropped his front legs down to better nudge at Alenciath, his rump still high in the air even as he regarded her with adoring purple eyes. Hello, hello! You did so well today! He was so proud of her!

Cordrath's love made his own hearts swell, and he crooned at his sire with delight. Aren't they cute?! I love them all so much!
He would sneak a quick moment to rub his cheek against his father, beyond happy that he could make it to Western for this special day.

Hi, darling! He chirped at Ilaorunth, watching as she greeted her grandfather with a happy sigh. Today.... was his second favorite day, ever. The first being when he found his Alya, of course!

Chinanazith was watched affectionately, and Baihath gave him a mental nudge of love. Hello, sweet boy!

Turoth was given the mental equivalent of being leaned on, and the white dragon could only give another sigh of utter happiness. What a good day. Being a dad is more fun than I thought. He confessed. He'd been worried he wouldn't be very good at it.

Hello, Rhodonth! She would, of course, be given a gentle nuzzle before Baihath pulled back to admire her. All of his children were so pretty! It was hard to stop staring at them.

Thank YOU! Baihath would nudge Quinineth next, his eyes awash in purples. You and your brothers and sisters have made us so happy. I'm so proud of you!

The next visitor had Baihath rearing up in delight, prancing closer to nose at Strigonth. Strigonth, Strigonth! I'm so happy to see you! Thank you! It was all he could do not to wiggle and twist with delight. He was just so happy that they were all here, friends and family alike.

And, at last, his golden beauty arrived. Baihath creeled and chirped like a hatchling at the sight of Khamaith, batting harmlessly at her with his forepaws before he coiled and curled around her in a constant flow of motion. There were no words, but his love and delight radiated forth for her, and for their family. He didn't hesitate to tuck himself against her side, and had he been a feline, he would have been purring his little hearts out. I love them. I love you.

Baihath was so very, very happy.

--

Sinders Path

Hattaki

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

tatterpixie

SilverLutz

Hattaki

ShinosBee

Prism Shine

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:26 am
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

Demodeth had not wanted to attend. If the spectacle surrounding his own hatching had been a charade, the feast was an outright farce, full of comically false sentiment and displays of emotion that could not compare to actual experience. If there had been a way to distill the reality of impression into a painting, play, song, pastry, or perfume, the world would have ground to a halt as people desperately sought to consume it. He didn't need a party. He had His.

He longed to do anything else. But R'in wanted to see his sister, so here they were.

The little bronze had requested to be taken the long way around so as not to be caught in the crowds by the main entrance. Their slow meander had also allowed Demodeth to see more of the weyr, an activity he was quite in favor of. It was no sprawling forest or snowy mountaintop, but the pockets of nature he did see were promising, at least for now. There would be plenty of time to explore in the months to come.

As they wove through the attendees, slowly advancing toward Nadry, the bronze caught sight of X, his placid blue eyes lancing with bright discomfort as he pulled knowledge of the flightless rider from R'in. It might have been a mistake to be so direct, but Demodeth was rarely anything else.

Thank you for coming. If it is not too painful, I would like to speak with you in the future. He continued walking, neither looking their way nor identifying himself until he realized that was probably a bad idea. X was not a dragon, nor did they have one who might shed some light on who was speaking. My name is Demodeth.

When R'in was certain he was within sight of his sister, he put on a burst of speed that left the bronze quickening his pace to catch up. He bent to gather Nadry into a hug, his smile so wide it was almost manic.

"I'm so glad you're here. This is... I didn't think it was possible to be this happy."

ShinosBee
    hello x
    Meepfur
    ouo

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items