Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:40 pm
She stretched her neck to lean into the boop, creeling softly. Perhaps Meihuath was a bit easy, but it was a genuine level of smitten at the very least.

It must be! she agreed eagerly where maybe a less vapid green would have perhaps hemmed and hawed and thought out the actual odds of it. Especially one who was such a handsome-dragon watcher as Meihuath was. But with any depth of thought what she would have hit was 'but most of the handsomes didn't come over to talk', so the logic would have been completely solid. What do you think it means?

Perhaps Meihuath would dare be a bit hopeful as to what Broleith's opinion on it was as though he hadn't been completely obvious about it already.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:53 pm
Oh, certainly a sign of good things to come. I think it means the Weyr is finally ready for the best pair of dragons to find one another. I think-

Broleith? Where have you gone?

Broleith stopped mid-sentence as Trissa's soft voice echoed in his head, drawing him to a slow halt. He didn't remove his wing from over Meihuath's back, though he did glance back in the direction they'd come from. Was dinner really over with? He heaved a sigh, his lungs releasing a little squeaky sound as he did so, but he sent Trissa an image of where he was and who he was with and his feelings went right with it. He was happy, he was reluctant to go, and yet he wanted Trissa to meet the speckled wonder beneath his sails.

Mine is calling, he said reluctantly, perking up just a bit at the warm reception Trissa sent back. Would you like to meet her? I think you'll like her very much. She is small and cute and very kind, just like you. He didn't hesitate to flood his words with nothing but affection and hope, eager for Meihuath and Trissa to gain each other's approval. He had no doubts they'd get along and the more he thought about it the more he wanted it to happen.

If you wish, of course.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:02 pm
As Broleith looked back, Meihuath couldn't help but twist her own head around as though she too would spot something of interest - but Ko'zenn was still eating* so it would be a time yet before he came calling for her. She'd not have recognized His for it either way, though she still played along like she'd known that's who he was looking off towards when he explained.

Of course I would like to meet Yours! Meihuath agreed, seeing no reason why she wouldn't enjoy it - especially when he spoke as if the pair had so much in common. Plus friends of the two-legged (intentionally two-legged) sort were never a problem! Perhaps she could introduce her to Ko'zenn later! And they could be friends!

It was an awfully delightful idea. Lead the way!

SilverLutz

*crying into his food.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Meihuath's enthusiasm bolstered Broleith's delight and he lifted his head to let out an ear-piercing trumpet, drawing the ire of a few dragons already tucked into their wallows for the evening along the sandy shore. He paid then no mind, though, and gently urged Meihuath to turn around so they could head back to the main area of the Weyr.

Come on, then! he said, eager for the two to meet. He tried not to rush her too much since Trissa still had to make it to the shore and he wasn't sure how steady on her feet Meihuath was after losing her eye. She was clearly still getting used to having only one and the last thing he wanted to do was end up sending her toes over tail into the ground.

Trissa, for her part, followed the mental snapshot Broleith had given her and made it to the shore. She spotted Broleith and a speckled dragon making their way towards her. It was clear Broleith was pleased just from the way he was carrying himself and she had to hide a smile behind her hand, beyond delighted at how he was clearly fawning over his new companion.

Oh! There she is! Trissa, this is Meihuath. Meihuath, Trissa. His tone was beyond pleased and pride was swelling his chest quite a bit. Trissa gave her blue a fond look before turning to Meihuath, a warm smile on her face.

"A pleasure to meet you, Meihuath. Broleith wasn't lying when he said he'd found a pretty dragon on the beach."

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm
Following along would be little issue for Meihuath, who was content to remain tucked under a wing as the pair made their way back along the beach and towards the young lady that Broleith called his awaited them.

As he made introductions, Meihuath leaned her head down to croon in Trissa's face, turning her head so that her good (well, only) eye could look over the young woman. Ah! Hello, Trissa! Your Broleith is very handsome - I found him first! she explained, clearly pleased with the discovery as she lifted her head back up to boop her nose against his cheek again.

He is very nice. You must be very nice too! it was an easy leap to make, and if Trissa was who Broleith chose clearly she was a good'un. Perhaps it was the nature of a dragon to be able to make such a bold and sudden decision, however. They did make rather snap decisions (sometimes) as to who they were a part of forever and ever.

Are you done eating? I made a friend! Meihuath reached out privately to Ko'zenn who all but jerked to sitting straight upright and nearly knocking his plate right off the table. Who? Where are you? his worry was obvious and Meihuath send him a fond wave of love back. Where you left me, silly! Come see! she bid.

Then she announced, My Ko'zenn will be here soon! Yay!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:10 pm
Trissa's pale skin flushed slightly at Meihuath's declaration, though Broleith was radiating nothing but delight and pride. For his new beau to appreciate his rider so readily, to see how good and perfect she was validated his decision out on the sands when he'd first hatched. Of course he knew he'd picked the best one, but for his selection to be confirmed by other dragons was an honor few could lay claim to.

You did find me first, he agreed, more than eager to give her that victory. And she is. Don't let her tell you otherwise! She's too modest for her own good.

"A little modesty never hurt anyone, Broleith," Trissa said gently, though the smile from before was still on her face. She reached up a small hand to press her fingers lightly along Meihuath's cheek, the bright green hide very alluring. She was very soft to the touch and from that alone Trissa knew her rider cared quite a bit for her. The obvious injury had probably cut him deep.

"Oh, that's lovely," she said, giving Meihuath a little rub before pulling back. She didn't want her rider to come up to a stranger with her hands all over his dragon. Though she had been born and raised here at Western it was impossible to know everyone's name, and since she'd only been standing for a year she hadn't had the chance to meet many other Candidates. Ko'zenn didn't sound like a name she'd heard before but she knew it was one she would get to know quite well.

Great! Broleith seemed just as excited, not a bit nervous or worried. He'd impress this Ko'zenn as he had impressed Meihuath and prove he was worthy of the green's affectionate gaze.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm
As she'd declared, Ko'zenn soon enough had made his own way to the beach, panting from having very obviously run to see what mischief his beloved had gotten herself into. His appearance was almost enough to drawn Meihuath out from under Broleith's wing, bugling brightly to greet the young man as he drew closer.

"Let me see, are you alright?" Ko'zenn reached his hands out, bidding for Meihuath's head - which she leaned right into his palms so he could frown and fuss for a moment. Her eye hadn't gotten any worse since the last he'd looked, but... "You didn't fall while walking around, right?" he almost ducked right under Broleith's wing to start checking before Meihuath nudged him towards Trissa.

I'm okay! Say hello! she pressed, looking from Ko'zenn back to Trissa with another croon. The young man frowned slightly, wringing his hands. "Oh, right. Hello, I'm..uh..Ko'zenn. This is my Meihuath. I'm..uhm...." He's being a big silly billy and worrying too much, Meihuath explained, first booking Ko'zenn's head, then reaching out to boop Trissa as well before she booped Broleith's cheek again. Ko'zenn absolutely flushed at Meihuath defending his manners.

"I'm not being silly, though."

You are! Meihuath replied nonchalantly, before continuing, Ko'zenn! This is Broleith! she absolutely beamed as she leaned into his side. Ko'zenn was already bracing himself for her hearts to be broken all over again - every handsome dragon was a perpetrator when it came to her thus far, he was ready for more of the same. "I see. Have you been treating my darling well? She seems to like you well enough."

I do! Yay!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:35 pm
Broleith stood a little taller, holding his head high as Meihuath's rider jogged into view, ready to make a good impression. He didn't spare him nor Trissa a passing glance as he reached where they all stood, though, his attention focused on nothing but Meihuath. Had it been any other dragon Broleith might have taken offence - he was here to meet them after all! - but with Meihuath's recent injury and her sweet nature he couldn't possibly be upset that he and his rider were ignored.

Trissa, for her part, didn't get in the way of Ko'zenn and Meihuath. She stood by Broleith's stocky leg, a hand on his neck as she watched the older rider fuss over the green. She couldn't help but smile as she watched, her assumption correct. It seemed Ko'zenn was more worried about the state of her eye than Meihuath herself was.

Upon gaining his attention, Trissa gave him a little wave. He looked a bit anxious and put on the spot but she was tactful enough not to mention it.

"Nice to meet you, Ko'zenn. I'm Trissa. And I'd say it's well within his rights as your rider to worry about you," she added, wanting Ko'zenn to know he had an ally. It seemed Meihuath's ideas about what a rider should and shouldn't stress over lined up pretty well with Broleith's.

Speaking of the devil, the blue lifted his head high as he was introduced, shuffling his feet to take what he thought was an impressive stance. He was a blue, he was a small one at that, but he was proud and quite pleased to have been caught by the green beneath his wing, thank you very much!

Quite well, Ko'zenn, never fear. Your darling Meihuath will always be safe and sound when I'm around. He lifted his wings to prove his point, his stocky chest and shoulders rippling with muscles as he showed off. He quickly turned his head to nuzzle Meihuath's cheek again, wanting her rider to be absolutely confident in his ability to protect and to be kind. He wasn't some brute, after all.

She is the shining gem of the Weyr. No, all of Pern!

Trissa had to cover her mouth a bit to stifle her giggle. Broleith had always been one for a bit of flare and dramatics.

"He really is a good blue," she said softly. "He looks a bit rough around the edges...he's a bit loud...but he's got good hearts."

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:58 pm
Meihuath leaned sheepishly into Broleith as Trissa backed up Ko'zenn being a worry-wart - was she being bad? The faintest twist of grey whirled into her eyes at the thought.

Ko'zenn, for his part, dared a small smile at the backup. "Well, one of us has to do it and she's certainly not," he gave a nervous laugh, as though he'd thought it meant to be funny in a sort of ironic way. But she seemed to be in good spirits, especially with her mysterious blue catch on the beach, causing Ko'zenn to sigh out the breath he'd been holding.

Still, he placed his hands on his hips and puffed his chest out a bit at Broleith's declaration, looking between the mostly-unknown blue and his darling Meihuath who leaned her head into him and returned the nuzzle graciously. Dragons sure had a way of getting smitten fast - especially Meihuath. But she seemed content - and Trissa seemed nice enough so it was hard to imagine him as a big ol' mean brute there to simply torment hearts and have his fill of the lovely ladies.

Meihuath couldn't help but gush affection, leaning her head against Broleith's neck at his praise and letting it wash over him, all grey in her eyes now lost to vivid purple hues.

"She is the finest green on all of Pern," Ko'zenn agreed readily, receiving a wave of love in response from Meihuath who had already known that, but delighted in hearing it again. He'd have said finest dragon in general, but hadn't come to insult anybody with it - a rider was always the most biased anyways. "So you be good to her or you'll catch my hands, got it?" Ko'zenn held up a hand as though it was an actual threat.

Though he made sure to tell Trissa, "I won't actually hurt him, though. It would be his loss to not appreciate her, hmm?"

Not that Ko'zenn's permission had actually been needed, but Meihuath keened with delight, brushing her tail lazily against Broleith's at the 'blessing' from her rider.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm
As Ko'zenn puffed up and put his hands on his hips Broleith puffed up as well, the wing that wasn't over Meihuath arching just a bit. It wasn't a challenge but a meeting of protective males. Broleith could appreciate the way Ko'zenn fretted over Meihuath since he'd be doing the same, though her wound wasn't of concern to him as it seemed to be to her rider. Broleith knew the healers were skilled and trusted them to ensure each dragon was in fighting form and they would ensure Meihuath healed nicely.

The 'threat' made Broleith trumpet in amusement, his nasally, high-pitched tone hardly a nice noise, but the emotions that came with it assured both riders and his fellow dragon that he was certainly not offended by Ko'zenn's assertation.

Her hearts are safe with me. And the rest of her. None shall lay a finger or claw on her so long as I'm there. His promise was quite grand but again, his tone was earnest. He truly believed he'd shelter Meihuath from anything that may befall her short of Threadfall. He lowered his head finally to nuzzle Meihuath affectionately, clearly delighted that he had her fussy rider's blessing. He cooed quietly - this a much more normal sound - and let his tail twine with hers. Who would have thought today would end like this? Not him, that was for certain.

Trissa gave a little sigh, part exasperation at her blue's rather grand way of speaking, part delight at seeing the two so happy. She was glad Broleith had someone to focus on that wasn't her. She loved him dearly, of course, but he could be a bit stifling at times when she was doing anything he considered dangerous.

"Certainly his loss," she agreed, giving Ko'zenn a little smile as he turned to face her. "Trust me, he could use a little smack now and then. Very headstrong. But I'm confident he'll treat your Meihuath with the utmost respect and devotion...and if he doesn't he'll have both of us to answer to." Trissa was a wisp of a young woman, slim and delicate and honestly it didn't look like she could harm an insect let alone threaten a blue dragon. But there was a little glint in her eye that promised Broleith would certainly get it from her should he dash Meihuath's hearts.

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm
"I'll hold you to that," Ko'zenn stated firmly, though lacking any real vinegar behind it for the time being. Not that he could imagine Meihuath needed much protection from any claws when she was nothing by sweet and mild and very unlikely to get into any fights as it was.

Meihuath, for her part, was practically giddy, hopping between her front feet as she returned Broleith's nuzzle. It did sound like an awfully big promise, but surely he wouldn't have made it willy-nilly, right? I'd say I'm gonna miss looking at the sky, but you're much better! She could not boop the stars in the sky, after all!

Ko'zenn smiled, looking between the two. Dragons certainly could be quick to make up their minds, and he was very certain Meihuath had never spent more than 5 minutes thinking too hard about anything but if it didn't bother the blue, he wasn't going to worry about it (for now). "Hmm. Sounds like I should be just as careful about it," not that Ko'zenn would have dared break Meihuath's hearts. It had been a losing battle the moment she'd called him out to make introductions - and he did like how pleased she looked.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:18 pm
Broleith was glad Ko'zenn seemed to give them his blessing and puffed up his chest again as Meihuath complimented him. Trissa could feel the confidence and happiness dripping off her dragon and while she knew he always had good intentions at heart, she knew she'd probably have to remind him that Meihuath didn't seem the type to appreciate good-natured teasing. Sometimes Bro would get a bit carried away and, while she understood it was from a good place, not all others did.

I'll be your sky and you shall be my morning star, Broleith proclaimed triumphantly. And you shall brighten all my days!

"What am I, chopped wherry liver?" Trissa asked, teasing her dragon with a tiny grin. Broleith was quick to try to stammer a reply - obviously nothing was greater to a dragon than Theirs - and his attempt to correct himself drew a light, delighted laugh from his small rider.

"I'm only teasing, Broleith. I know there's no comparing the two." She glanced at Ko'zenn, her smile settling into something a bit more mild.

"I suppose I'll know where to go if he's reluctant to give up where he's scurried of to," she said with a knowing brow raise. "If he's ever bothering you, Meihuath, or getting in the way of important things you have my full permission to chase him off."

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:29 pm
The titter of delight from Meihuath across their bond made one corner of Ko'zenn's lips pull into a half smile. If she was happy, he'd let her stay that way for as long as it lasted - though it was unlikely if Broleith was able to upset her she'd stay that way long. But what if...hmmm. He'd barely started his thought of a downward spiral when another titter of laughter soothed it over.

Really? Even brighter than the sun? That bright? she asked, practically skipping between her feat like an eager canine that had just been shown the ball and was ready to go running after it. Do you think so?

"I don't think anybody is capable of bothering Meihuath," Ko'zenn confessed, "She's too darling, too sweet for that." Of course, he was very biased. "If a lost eye doesn't bother her, the attentions of what she is very insistent is a most handsome dragon, look look, see won't do it." Not that Meihuath had ever thought otherwise of any dragon, but this one paid attention to her, and therefore Broleith had been upgraded to the most handsome in all of Pern, look!.

"He just better not keep her out partying too late!" ah, like an overprotective father to a free-spirited teenage daughter.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:57 pm
Meihuath's enthusiasm and delight soothed over Broleith's mild conflict, not wanting to insult his rider nor his new lady by saying one was more important than the other. Of course Meihuath knew Broleith would always put Trissa before anything and everything - it was simply how things were - but he didn't want to say it aloud and possibly make her upset. While Broleith was rough around the edges to most, sweet and gentle creatures like Trissa and Meihuath wormed their way right into his hearts. Hurting them at all would be a fate worse than death.

The brightest. You outshine it without even trying, he insisted, shading his eyes with the wing that wasn't stretched over her back, occasionally bumped as she bounced on her front feet. He began to copy her movements after settling his wings against his own back once more, sending sand flying as his pounces got more and more enthusiastic.

Trissa hid a smile, then a little giggle as Ko'zenn voiced Meihuath's dialogue that was apparently running between dragon and rider. Trissa was biased as well and did consider her blue to be the most handsome dragon, though she did know it was all objective.

"Oh no, he'll behave himself," she promised, watching the two dragons bounce around in the sand. "He's very pleased he caught the eye of 'the prettiest green'," she added, changing her tone to deepen it a bit in an attempt to mimic Broleith's voice. "He won't be pushing his luck any time soon."

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:11 pm
Meihuath immediately keened with concern for Broleith's poor eyes as he mock-shielded them with his wing - Oh no! I can try and be less bright! Would that help? she asked, actual concern lacing her tone as she touched her snout to his. Ko'zenn stifled a laugh. You're not actually hurting his eyes, my love, Ko'zenn assured her privately, but Meihuath clearly needed extra reassurance to her rider's words.

Ko'zenn, for his part, seemed rather mild about her sudden switch to distress. He'd used up all of his distress points for the day on the state of her eye, after all. And for fussing over an unknown blue who had swooped in to woo his little lady. "As he should be. She is the prettiest green," again, completely biased. Even if she was very aware how very.... special she was in a way that was far too endearing to him.

"Should we leave them to it?" he asked Trissa, uncertain if the pair really wanted to be left to whatever...'it'...was.

SilverLutz

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces