Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:17 pm
"Never said I don't like people, I just don't trust their compliments when I have something they want," Matotoka corrected. "If I didn't like people, I'd say I'd not have come to a Weyr. They're full of all sorts!"

Though he'd also not come to to the Weyr with the purest of dragon-impressing intentions in mind.

"Don't you worry, little guy, Heist isn't going to get your cookie if you take a little longer. He still needs to finish his." Heist, again, had the dignity to look offended that his desire for more cookie was being thwarted.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 am
"That's very fair. Given my siblings' knack for being the most helpful right before they ask for a favor, I think I know where you're coming from." Sometimes they wanted an extra cookie, sometimes it was someone to cover for them when they'd done or were about to do something they shouldn't have. Sometimes it was the classic 'I already asked someone else and they said no so I thought I'd try you instead.' Her answers had always varied, depending on what they wanted or what they'd done (or claimed not to have done).

Altan paused long enough to look up at Matotoka's words, which also gave him an opportunity to breathe before he shoved the last hunk of cookie into his mouth...and promptly coughed it back up. Startled, the brown stared at it for a long moment, then grabbed it out of the sand and choked it down again. This time it stayed where it belonged. Victory!!

"Oh now that's attractive," Nashwa observed dryly.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm
A coughed up cookie wouldn't deter Heist who went through an entire journey of being disappointed the Cookie-that-should-have-been-his-but-wasn't-his was eaten, to excited that it had returned to where he could have gotten it - even hopping off of Matotoka's shoulder to cautiously approach it, to a creel of distress as Altan took his second go at eating it. Heist immediately pressed his nose up against the other brown's snout to sniff around - perhaps hopeful that it again would return so he could have it.

It didn't, and Heist creeled sadly again.

"That's disgusting, buddy," Matotoka informed Heist flatly. Why were animals weird? With his cookie still unfinished, Heist appealed to Nashwa again. Cookie? "Dude, eat the one you have." Creeeeeeeeeeeel? "Heist, I'm going to take your cookie if you don't eat it." Creeeee-SQUAWK!

Matotoka indeed had taken the cookie, stuffing it into one of the pockets that lined the inside of his tunic and sending Heist scrambling after it.....after another long look at the plate of cookies.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am
Now that his cookie was safely his, Altan looked quite smug as Heist investigated him for evidence of it, not hesitating to open his maw when the other brown came to sniff out evidence of the devoured cookie. He cheeped in response to the sad creel, quite amiable now that his treat was no longer at stake.

Nashwa pulled a face, but couldn't help but laugh at their antics. "If I was ever tempted to share food with a flit, I think that's taken care of it quite nicely."

While she did consider offering the possibility of another cookie - Heist looked so terribly pathetic, after all - she knew it wouldn't be good for them to have too much of such sweet treats.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:54 am
"No more, Heist," Matotoka ran his fingers along the frills on the back of the brown's neck and the firelizard flopped into a pathetic heap in the sand, making the most dismayed sound he possibly could. His cookie was gone (as the idea of climbing into the pocket after it had not yet occurred) and there was no more.

No more for Heist.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

"Faranth help you, why are you like this?" Matotoka didn't seem exasperated, but more amused as the slow roll his firelizard did, clearly a show to hopefully change somebody's mind about what foods should be given to firelizards. Matotoka scooped him up with one hand and held him like a limp doll.

"I'm going to tell the story of what just happened to anybody who ever considers a firelizard a majestic pet."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:18 pm
Altan tilted his head to the side at a comical angle, watching Heist creel and have his little tantrum. His only input on the matter was another cheep as Matotoka scooped up the other flit.

"Right?" Nashwa laughed. "They might look much more exotic than canines, but they're clearly not anymore sanitary." They were fairly intelligent and had a ramge of uses, yes, and the appeal of looking like miniature dragons, but at the end of the day, they were still animals (not that she didn't love Altan).

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:17 pm
"I mean, a flying anything that is bonded to you and can jump across the world is pretty exotic," Heist had gotten surprisingly good at hopping 'home' with letters, "but I'm pretty sure the canine back home understood the idea of don't eat vomit off the ground that's disgusting when told no."

Part of that was simply Heist was a brat and while he could go through the steps of being trained, all bets were off when food was involved.

Matotoka rested the pouting brown flit over his shoulder, balancing him there as he stood. "He's going to forget about the cookie until I pull out the rest of it later. Never seen him so fascinated with sweets, though."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:37 pm
"They are quiter a bit fancier," she allowed, "And they don't shed, so I'll give them that, too, but canines are absolutely just as happy to eat foul things. Or roll in them and then eat them."

With nothing more of particular interest occurring when the other flit was concerned, Altan hopped into Nashwa's lap before climbing carefully up to her shoulder. "Oh, aren't you?" the Candidate asked, directing the question directly at Heist as though he could answer. "Maybe I should be flattered, then, that he likes my cookies so much."

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:26 pm
Heist was now sulking.

"Maybe they're magic. Magic firelizard-attracting cookies," Matotoka suggested, standing back up with the brown teetering on his shoulder - and making sure to use his claws to hold steady. Hisssss! "Hey. If you're going to be a brat you can get off me," he chided, using his index finger to thwap the brown's face. "You are really hung up on the cookies," which meant Matotoka would hold onto it longer.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:46 am
"If they are, I'll have to be careful! I don't need every flit in the Weyr following me around, begging for cookies."

"I'd offer you the recipe, but if he likes them that much, he'd be fat in no time." Nashwa shook her head, grinning. And that was in addition to whatever digestive issues might arise from a flit gorging on cookies. A little snack here and there wasn't a problem for Altan, but too many baked goods were very likely a bad thing.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:11 pm
"Heist, do you want to be fat?" Matotoka asked his firelizard. Heist huffed in disappointment, his tail flicking and bapping the young man on the other side of his face. Swatting the tail away, Matotoka laughed. "He'd probably love being fat if I'd let him - and I'm honestly not really a good cook. I'd be better off hoping you always have a plate I can make hopeful eyes at - since you do like to share."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:42 am
"Just a little more of him to love!" She'd seen a fat flit here and there, one she'd even wondered at its ability to fly, but luckily, much as he loved food, Altan wasn't one to overeat. At the revelation that Matotoka wasn't much of a cook, she teased, "Oh, are you the one who keeps burning the soup?"

It did seem to happen with alarming regularity. "Maybe I won't always have a plate, but I'll keep you in mind whenever I have a chance to bake."

x demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 am
Matotoka laughed. "I burned it once," he defended, not that it made it any better, "and it would be, but I'd like to see him get into his favorite hiding places if he was too big for it." It likely took effort for a firelizard to be fat anyways.

"I'd certainly like that! I'm sure he," Matotoka bounced his shoulder where Heist was sulking, "would too."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:33 pm
Nashwa receivdd the answer with a teasingly skeptical look. "Mm-hm, of course it it was only once." Regardless of who was responsible, there seemed to be a cooking disaster at least once a sevenday. Some people were just plain dangerous in the kitchen. "That would be rather inconvenient, if he's used to squeezing his way into places."

For...whatever a brown flit dubbed 'Heist' would be squeezing into small spaces for. "I'll make sure to set one aside for him especially," she promised solemnly, with a nod for the sulky little fellow.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:30 am
"It was!" Matotoka defended with mock offense. Sure, he'd been around during several of the other incidents, but he hadn't been anywhere near the food at that time! But it really seemed to be a far-too-common occurrence. "Oh, yes. He's a whole load of trouble - he'll lose all grace in stealing cookies for sure."

Heist cheeped - a huffing, pout of a noise at mention of the cookie. His stolen, pilfered cookie. Woe was he. "I'm sure that'll be appreciated, won't it?" Matotoka asked, earning a small whine that wasn't really an answer. "Hmmmm. I wonder who you get your manners from, really!"

Surely not him!

Meepfur

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas