Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [OOC] Archive
[SHOP EVENT] The Wild Hunt - Prizes pg.2 Raffle Winners pg.3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:20 am
User Image

White Walker woke immediately, raised his head slowly and listened. He was a light sleeper by instinct. As a rogue, he could never be too careful and the smallest of noises could wake him. After a few too many fights with other wolves, he knew to always be ready to get up and run. While to some, that may have been seen as cowardice, to the pale wolf with blue eyes... it was survival. He continued to listen to his surroundings, but the forest was still. It wasn't until a moment later that he realized the thing that had woken him was the silence. There were night sounds that he'd gotten used to falling asleep with. The chirping of crickets or the soft padding of passing creatures of the night. Now, however, there was none of that. It was as though the night was holding its breath. White Walker waited and finally, he raised to his paws.

He bolted forward, the sound of his paws crunching down on leaves and ground being the only sound in the forest. He was going to outrun the silence. Whatever the forest was holding its breath for, he wanted no part of wherever that something passed through. When he finally slowed, he found a different something waiting for him. Ears pinning, he took a step back, when the hulking beserker spoke.

A Monster Hunter? The words that the wolf spoke were unknown to him, but the question in regards to hunting. That was at least one he could answer.
"To survive is an obligation and we must hunt to survive." He replied, but flicked an ear. "That said... I would be a liar to say that hunting fails to thrill me. With a hunger in my belly and a desire for action in my heart, I could admit to the passion I feel when I sink my fangs into another creature." He hadn't admitted such savagery to any other before, but then again, as a rogue, there were few he would admit anything to.

It seemed his answer was satisfactory, for he went into a proposal. His ears perked. He had no purpose prior, only to survive and to continue surviving, but this proposal... It intrigued him.
"You may call me White Walker." He said easily, for he did not want to offend a wolf who could so easily kill him if they wished. Walker was certain that he would lose in a fight between the two.

Listening to his life story, Walker did not know the wolf known as Everquest, but he listened on. He flicked his ears politely where he could at the truth that the beserker imparted upon him, he took into consideration. Certainly in the face of such a large wolf, White Walker certainly felt in the shadow of a colossal beast. He hadn't come upon any beasts from the Veil, but he heard rumors of large fire birds and the creatures of the Stonehenge. White Walker flicked his ears again. Truly, he didn't know what to believe, but it was apparent by the glint in the beserker-Kale's eye-that this large male believed in it. And White Walker didn't have anything else to do at present.

The thought of going West, finding some aquatic beast by the sounds of it, some hulking heathen... He wasn't being tasked to bring the whole thing back, thank goodness, but some semblance of proof.

If I bring back my broken body, will that count as proof? White Walker thought drily, but he nodded.
"I will find your proof." He agreed and as the other nodded, White Walker picked himself up and turned. What had he gotten himself into?

(WC: 614
Hopefully it's not too late to get into this! Sorry for the delayed post! sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Scavenge had no particular place he called his home. He was a wanderer, roaming from place to place mostly on his own, nose to the ground searching for new scrap and treasures to catch his interest. He made friends where he could, never passed up the opportunity to socialize, but had no pack, no territory, no family. It was a lonely life for a wolf, perhaps, but Scavenge never considered himself unhappy or unlucky. After all, his treasure seeking was his first love, his rambling feet helped him in that endeavor.

That night, Scavenge made his bed beneath the low hanging branches of a conifer, nestled snug and warm in the dry patch against its trunk. Wind whistles outside the nettles, crashing them against one another in an odd cacophonous lullaby, but Scavenge had slept through worse. Something other than the noise roused him as purple twilight hung in the sky. Scavenge blinked his eyes open against the dark and yawned, fighting the urge to curl tighter and return to slumber. Something niggled at his gut he couldn't decipher. A familiar feeling, in a strange contest. A desire for adventure. Something was afoot, and if Scavenge toddled back to sleep, he'd miss it.

He dragged himself to his feet, scratching a night time itch from his neck, and ducked beneath the pine boughs. His instinct for adventure had never failed him before! Maybe once or twice. Or more than that. A lone wolf could get into all sorts of mishap without someone to watch his back, but Scavenge had pulled himself out of it again. No harm done, not really. So when his feet set to go he followed. The tug led him toward the mountains, a longer journey then he'd planned, but he'd been here before. The fresh, crisp air filled his lungs with vigor.

The end of his journey wasn't the treasure he expected, but a massive berserker wolf, dark as dusk with bright coal fire blue eyes. Scavenge was appropriately cowed. He was small for a wolf, for a male especially, and living life alone left him scrawny. He approached with his belly low and ears held back submissively. Before he had much of a chance to introduce himself, the berserker whipped a question in his direction.

"It's an obligation for me," Scavenger answered, a nervous laugh tickling his voice. "I do it when I can, but most of my meals are the leavings of other predators. I think it must be an obligation for a pack, too, mustn't it? With pups to feed. Maybe some individuals enjoy the sport - and that would make it more enjoyable, I'm sure - but it's work first, isn't it? Bellies need food."

The request for his name was simpler. "Scavenge!" he said brightly, with a quick flick of his tail. His laughter was a little easier now. "Which might have been enough to answer your first question, eh?"

Kale Greenleaf's story held Scavenge rapt. He sank a little closer to the berserker, eyes fixed in wonder, mouth agape, as he recounted his tale. Scavenge loved hearing other's adventures almost as much as he enjoyed having them himself. Stories were a treasure all their own. Monsters, on the other paw, were terrifying. Beasts of legend that could snatch a wolf up in a single bite and gulp be done with them. But Kale's eyes gleamed with mystery and sincerity, and Scavenge couldn't help but bite the hook of adventure.

"I'll do it!" He shot to his feet, shedding the last of his shyness. If nothing else, he'd have a new tale and whatever treasure he might find along the way.  

Bugghnrahk

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:54 am

His clear green eyes looked up at the sky. He'd noticed that it was time to move in the dark. Fester had been restless the past couple of nights wondering where his siblings had gone and what adventures they had encountered. Their scents were not as obvious as some other wolves' markings but he had picked up a slight trail over time. He was close to one of them but just was not sure whose it was......

The lean wolf was sleeping peacefully hidden in a deep grove overgrown with toadstools and wild grass when he hard a loud snap of a branch. Too loud to be a prey's and his ears pointed up and turned as he wondered where it came from. Another crack was made and this time, his ears heard it again and he jerked up standing on all fours and looked left. It was dark enough that he was not as noticeable in the dark as he is in daylight. Lurking from the shadows, Fester had followed the passerby and its sound. It did not take long before he found the source of it all: a berserker male. His sharp fangs stuck out as he paced back and forth beside an old weathered down rockslab.

Taking precautions was always in his genes as his mother had showed the lot of them when they were young on how to approach strangers. Tail tucked between his legs as he walked forward, the young dire wolf tilted his head down as he watched the berserker with curious eyes. Apparently a couple of others had gathered around this new species he had never seen before. And he when he was really close within attacking range, Fester heard only the ending of how great this self titled hunter of a wolf is.

Before Fester could even take a look at his surrounding and check behind him, the big beastly looking wolf showed no signs of adventures and explorations as the berserker spoke about his past and about his failures and what secrets he had traded with this Everquest wolf who he presumed that the berserker had also made it up...

Fester was about to ignore him and leave but stopped when this so called Kale, the marvelous wold he claimed to be, spoke up about shadows of colossal beasts that lurked underneath the vast waters. Waters can be quite dangerous if a wolf cannot swim. Luckily he could and he was super interested in meeting one of these rumoured 'real creatures' that no wolf had ever seen. That would be something to tell his father the next time they meet: A conversation about a beast with many limbs and a beak!

Tail wagging excitedly, although none could see him move it in the dark, Fester was VERY curious by now. he knew it was either a completely made up story or something so far out there that he wanted to believe that it was real... The young wolf pondered for a moment about this offer to a new adventure to search for the unknown and unheard of creatures... It is true that there is nothing to lose...except for my own life, maybe, if I am not careful.... BUT Fester felt confident to not be dying anytime soon. He had fought against bears and other wolves in the past. He had outsmarted them and landed deep lacerations and scars into his enemies' flesh as a memory and a warning to not fight against him again, because, if they cross paths twice, he will fight to kill.

He approached the berserker once more with a delighted smile on his face. "I'm in."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:27 am
User Image

Dreams of Amber Starlight awoke fully just before her eyes flew open. She didn’t flinch or make a sound, but her body language clearly showed she was immediately on full alert. The giant berserker in front of her was an imposing figure but she was not afraid, only guarded and curious, waiting for him to speak. She knew the stranger could tell the difference in her posture and he began to speak, to inquire of her philosophy, so she didn’t feel the need to say anything. When he spoke his name, she merely nodded and said, “Hello,” offering nothing else.

Perhaps she would tell him her name but there was no sense in giving away her identity to a stranger whose intentions were unknown. Amber’s head cocked to the side as she listened, surprised at how quickly she became taken in and enthralled. As his tale wound through the air, baring his past to her, something in her chest opened, no longer guarding, no longer ready to fight and defend against the imposing stranger. She listened with an open heart, although briefly wondered how much of it was true and how much was embellished, but either way it culminated with an intriguing plea, and she considered for several moments before nodding.

“Hunting can be either an act of passion or of obligation, and on occasion the two collide. For you this hunt is passion and if I join your hunt, for me it will begin as obligation but there is no telling what will unfold.” She looked up at him, studying his face, letting silence fill the night around them as she considered. She nodded. “Yes, I will hunt for your evidence. I am Dreams of Amber Starlight,” she said. “I must point out that I do not agree in the slightest there is *nothing* to lose by joining your venture. What about one’s life, if the beast proves more dangerous than you think? And regardless of the outcome, I will lose precious time that I can never get back.” She let out a little bark of a laugh and rolled her shoulders in a shrug. “However, I have been seeking change in my life and so a quest of this sort seems to me like the opportunity I have been asking to find.” Amber paused, considering, forming words for questions that needed answers before she could begin packing supplies and leaving. “You say you want proof but short of slaying the beast and dragging its body back to you, a body that is certainly many times larger than mine, how will I know something is proof enough? If I can gather neither fur nor feathers… if it lives beneath the water, water that washes away evidence from the land, what could I hope will wash ashore that I would recognize as the proof you so fervently seek?” She waited, resolute, not planning on going anywhere without enough information. She’d help him, alright, but she needed him to help her first.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

RozeyBear

Naughty Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:04 am
User Image

tab The one night White Bone actually got some sleep instead of being relentlessly assaulted by twisted images and whispering voices, he had been so rudely interrupted. When he turned to snap at whom or whatever had ripped him from his rest, he curiously found no one there. Nothing stood or hopped or crawled or flew about him. It was only him, huddled in the dying carcass of a tree trunk to stave off the chill of another lonesome spring night. He could find no evidence of someone having been there; not even the slightest whiff of a prey beast.

tab He laid there, staring into the darkness surrounding his chosen refuge for the time being, while he turned over all the possibilities in his mind. Had someone come for him? Had his dishonoured brother finally found him? Had he sent another in his place to do what that cowardly disgrace for a wolf should be doing himself? Or… had White Bone simply gone crazy, as his pack told him he would? Had he finally succumbed to the wilds of his own mind their Seer had warned him about?

tab The wolf snorted in disgust, rising from his hole with narrowed eyes. The pack and that Seer were full of bear dung; he hadn’t gone crazy and he was going to prove it. How, exactly, he was unsure. All he knew in this very instant was the fact he was most decidedly not crazy. With that in mind, he set off into the darkness. His paws pressed into the soft dirt with more force than necessary, ensuring that if he had just escaped a mercenary hit from his younger brother, whomever it had been would see the prints and return empty pawed with a warning; White Bone was coming.

tab The dark pelted rogue had expected many things but he was not wholly unsurprised when he came across a stubby tailed, bulky male. What surprised him more came in the form of the large wolf striking up an entirely unwarranted conversation, one that he had no idea he was part of until the berserker turned to him and questioned him directly.

tab White Bone paused, mulling over his words for a moment. “It depends on what one is hunting. Prey beasts are an obligation. Every wolf needs food, prey are food. Hunting another wolf…” His voice trailed off, golden eyes suddenly alight with a degree of maniacal glee. “That is the height of passion. After all, it requires a level of compulsive obsession to hunt another predator with such ruthlessness and isn't that a form of passion?

tab Once the other male began to unfold his story, delving into tales of adventure and spinning legends from thin air, the smaller of the two listened intently. He captured his attention more than he should have allowed but… the obsession he spoke of spoke to him. He knew what that felt like, what it sounded and tasted like. The words he wove together created a tapestry depicting his life he could almost touch and he was hooked on a lifestyle he had just been introduced to, and not even properly. Though, if he were to be honest with himself, it never took much to rile him up and this just seemed like too much fun to pass up.

tab He waited until he finished and chewed his words before he spoke. Best to keep it short and simple. “My name is White Bone and I accept your challenge. Whatever this beast is… I’ll find your proof.” His mouth pulled into something that could be considered a smile had it not been the amount of teeth or the splash of off placed delight in his eyes as he set off.

tab A new hunt has begun.

WC: 640

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:18 am

Sunrise Serenade was not one to get caught in her father’s supersticions- there were times she pondered leaving his territory altogether, to leave him be to his slow descent to madness… But there were times as well that she heard the whispers of madness that hung over the territory herself.

It was one such day, staring across the eerie stillness of the lake that made up the western border of her home that a particularly jarring force came over her, skin prickling to her very paws- go, the stillness seemed to whisper, suddenly smothering, you must GO.

Not a particularly supersticious wolf… But not a stupid one, either, and only the fool refused to listen to her gut. She’d hit the ground running, taking each time the mountain trail crumbled to gravel beneath her paws and each time the wind blew as direction. Running as day turned to night and then day again, and running on still.

She’d barely stopped to drink, pondering the hunger pains that had begun to grip her stomach halfway through the second week, when the berserker caught her eye- she’d initially met him with panic and hostility- as most dires would, happening so unexpectedly on their first berserker… Until his rather unusual question.

On opposite sides of a stream- poor protection, if any at all- she answered, eying the beast with suspicion, ”I suppose that depends on one’s purpose. Those who hunt out of obligation do not necessarily find the act without passion- and likewise, those who find a passion in the hunt do not necessarily find themselves mindless beasts of killing,” A strange question from a stranger beast… But he must have recognized the distrust in her eyes, the way she held herself prepared to flee if she must.

The introduction was stranger than the question, if possible. He was as mad as her father- but his tales rang with truth, he seemed as honest about his experiences, in his many failures and few successes. IT gave her… much and more to ponder on, to the nature of reality, of their shared world. Of what other creatures might inhabit it- if strange, monsterous wolves, existed… Great birds of fire…. Why not dragons? Why nit spirits?

She almost protested, at his revelation of truth- Indominus had often insisted similar, not that they lived in the shadow of beasts… But rather, their remains. In their footsteps- those footsteps he sought so fanatically to fill and to follow in his domination. It had seemed rather much like insanity, when her father had rambled so- but this new wolf, this Kale Greenleaf, seemed to have the truth to provide new light to the myth her father clung to….

He was good company, after her days of travel, a fine male that she might have taken home, had her paws not still itched with purpose, and her mind buzzed with new possibilities. Tales…. Tales were fine, but not necessarily fact. Before he left her, as if he could smell the eager uncertainty, Kale left her with the very challenge she wished to be given.

”Everything to gain,” she answered, barely letting him finish speaking. A beast of the sea was no dragon- but should she find it? Then there was no reason to believe her father was not onto something, mad as he was. No reason to beleive that dragons were simply the creations of his lone-mad mind.

Thoughts of hunger set aside, she offered her new ‘friend’ only an… Perhaps overly friendly smile as she turned west. She now had the true direction of her path- and perhaps she was not so against supersticions after all. Perhaps… There was a purpose to this.  

LadyPipen

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 am

Midnight Frost loved roaming the woods finding many things. Even in his grumpy attitude his passion lied within the hunt giving him purpose. the thrill of the hunt since he was a mere pup excited him. It wasn't just the blood on the tongue either - just he chase that drove his ambitions thoroughly as his paws bounded through the woods in hot pursuit. The prize was the blood lingering on your tongue along with a full belly.

On this eve as the night settled in Midnight stood looking into a large shadow with piercing eyes. He'd never once laid eyes on a berserker before so his curiosity slowed plainly by his open maw. He would never admit intimidation of size but, it was on the tip of his silent tongue. This creature appeared strong in both strength and pure will. Orbs setting in a piercing blue they settled strongly on the young male.

This beserker calling himself "Kale Greenleaf" asked the question is hunting an act of passion or merely an obligation? which Midnight Frost had to ponder carefully. There seemed to be something building, forming in the back of this wolf's mind to ask something so in-depth.

"Hunting is both actually however you actually look at it. For myself its the Passion, the thrill of the hunt. While I do appreciate a good meal my passion is the chase feeling yourself nearly fly as your prey leads you on an amazing journey". Midnight Frost quivered predicting a hunt was coming just by the way Kale had spun his tale. Listening eagerly Midnight focused on many things spoken leaving him honestly intrigued.

"My name is Midnight Frost. I currently am a loner within no pack" he responded after Kale asked of his name. Hearing those words, "We have always lived in the shadows of colossal beasts. Always.” was mind boggling yet, Midnight knew this was something that could drive his will to hunt even more.

Once Midnight Frost had answered the Beserker's question there seemed to be a glimmer, hope in those piercing eyes of the larger bulk of wolf. He seemed overly relived that a young wolf would listen heavily to words that could be perceived as pure fantasy.

Then the final quest was asked of Midnight Frost- a trial into the unknown.

Midnight Frost listened preparing his response so he'd include all details, "I'm in". "I will head to the West to those shores. I will also find something anything to prove you you aren't crazy as others may whisper. I think you of all wolves in your experience would know farce from reality. Even if it is a tall tale its worth checking out and proving the truth".

Midnight's eyes settled strongly upon the larger beserker, an ember in his eyes now lighting to a vivid blue flame of his own. If there was such a precarious beast that huge with beaks, limbs, and no feathers living in the water it had to leave some trail behind. He'd have to prepare himself for this journey but, in the long run it was an adventure on the cusp of beginning.

Midnight Frost WC: 525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 am
User Image

Adventure awaits...

Kellswolves
Captain

Kellswolves
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:01 am
User Image

User Image

Upon your return Kale is, indeed waiting. His breath is audible, even at your distance, a haggard sort of intake that suggests an old injury flaring up, but doesn’t seem to slow him none. He meets you halfway, eyes alight with curiosity and excitement.

“So?” His jaw unhinges ever so slightly as a pant takes over. “What did you find?”

------

• If you found the SMALL SHIMMERING SCALE

Kale Greenleaf
    “Oh? Kaken don’t… well, they weren’t said to have had scales. It’s a good find but... I’m not sure if it’s proof of the beast I’m after.”

• If you found the TOOTH

Kale Greenleaf
    “Now THIS is a thing of BEAUTY! Wow… No doubt this is one of the thousand a Kraken sheds a day, but I wonder how old it is… Ah, look here! See how the end is serrated? That helps to shred the meat as it squeezes down the maw. By that logic, this is likely one of the fangs that grow further back in the jaws of the beast, which means it's likely seen a lot of action...what sort of monsters do you think it devoured over the course of its life?”

• If you found the TUFT OF ORANGE HAIR

Kale Greenleaf
    “This ain’t a part of the Kraken that’s for sure… no, just some sorry creature who had a pretty bad day. But hey, look at that? It’s got a piece of meat stuck to it! You want it?”

• If you found the THE PLANK

Kale Greenleaf
    "…Everquest has talked about these… things that once moved across the water. They were like giant trees but also like… basins? And supposedly they would move beasts from one part of the sea to another. She said that at some point, the lot of them floated away, never to be seen again. She even joked that maybe the Kraken got to them all, dragging them down into the depths. Look, look there! That mark! That’s it! That’s the same figure we saw in all those 'relics'! Huh… I’ll have to share this one with her…”

------

After all is said and done, he appears pleased. You get the sense he likely would have been, regardless of what you brought back to the table. Perhaps it was all a test? To ensure you were willing to go the full mile... His question, posed only a time ago, draws to the forefront of your mind once more holding a bit more weight now that you’re in the thick of things: is hunting an act of passion or merely an obligation? For Kale, it would appear to be the former. The very purpose of his existence.

In his eagerness, the Monster Hunter begins discussing your next mission… you’re already here and you’ve already done this much. Maybe you enjoy it? So why not keep going? You don’t have to of course, but… who knows what you’ll be missing out on if you leave now.

This time you must go northwest, far into it, beyond the sentries that guard against trespass and through the wilds that stretch beyond. I wonder... do those peaks stand to protect them from you? Or is it the other way around? Nevertheless, into the Waylands you must go if you are to find the one whispered to be 'King of the Sky'. The relics say it's intelligence reigns supreme over all, that the beings 'before us' tried to fell it but were, instead, destroyed themselves. This is likely why it has survived for so long. It is also believed that it's wingspan can stretch across the entire land, that a single flap of those gargantuan appendages could blow away an entire mountain, and that their favorite meal has often been the largest predator of its time. It was said to roost in the ruins, laying itself down among the bones of wars won... there may be a nest, there may not be one. Who knows how best the Roc lives except the Roc itself?

------

OOC: All items are gathered from your character and collected by Kale. Please proceed to your next objective. If you would like to give a short response to this portion of the encounter you may do so here in this thread, however it is not an obligation!

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 am
User Image

User Image

This time Kale finds you, yet again, in the dead of night. He is practically vibrating with excitement but speaks quickly and quietly, as if to keep away from prying ears.

“Sleep another day, my friend! Show me what you’ve found this time!”

If you found the BLOOD STAINED FEATHERS

Quote:
    “Hm… the Waylands is home to a great, many creatures, some of which look similar to those found in the lower region of Kells, if only by appearances. So, these could very well have come from an abnormally large bird of prey. Vulture perhaps? Everquest was insistent that this beast was the last of its kind, so children are out of the question... The feathers are remarkably soft, did you get a good feel of them? And they smell... Hm. You know, it could be—ahh, no. It couldn't be... they went extinct, didn't they? hm...”

If you found THE BROKEN TALON

Quote:
    “Yes! Incredible! Look at it! Imagine this tip connected to a seven-foot-long talon, curved and ready to swipe you and all your friends up in one go. Incredible… Some lucky brute must have just gotten away, and I’m sure the Roc wasn’t happy with that outcome… Excellent work! We're one step closer!”

If you found THE HOOFED LIMB

Quote:
    “Oh my… that is a hell of a break to the bone. Very few creatures have the capacity for such a thing, and most would have to work hard to make it happen so cleanly… My goodness… The powerful beak of this monster is enough to shatter a tree trunk, but apparently it has the precision to sever a tiny goat from its limb as well. A sure a find as any... apprentice."

------

He then falls silent, observing the item from afar for an almost uncomfortable amount of time. Something is at work in his head. You swear you see his shoulders relax, a wetness well in his eyes… but it’s gone quickly, and he reaches forward to gather the item before turning his attention back to you. He holds the silence, a half-cocked grin twisting his muzzle. You have proven yourself, this much is clear, and there’s trust somewhere beyond his intimidating stare.

“Got time for one more?” He prompts, the words filled with jest and yet almost rhetorical. Do you have it in you to keep going? Are you in this for the long haul?

"A serpent lies to the south, burrowing deep beneath the soil of Kells. I've felt the tremor of its movement myself, peered down into one of its tunnels, and likely escaped the jaws of its poison-riddled maw more times than I can count. Or well... more times than I can assume to count, for I have never quite bore witness to its majesty, not for want of trying. Be weary. Although it has been known to dwell beneath the forests, you are headed to the desert -- where last I felt its movement and, where I would assume, it traveled to for warmth. It is as long as a river, armored by scales, equipped with rows of jagged fangs (with which it might paralyze its prey), and... more alarmingly... it is said that, with but a single look into its hypnotizing gaze, could petrify a beast in seconds. If you ever come across a strange stone figure, the monster might also be near..."

------

OOC:All items are gathered from your character and collected by Kale. Please proceed to your next objective. If you would like to give a short response to this portion of the encounter you may do so here in this thread, however it is not an obligation!

User Image

Kellswolves
Captain

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:18 am
User Image
Fester came back tired and hungry. He dropped the feathers almost immediately when he saw a lake with water. He had drank so much from thirst that his stomach can't hold anymore sustenance coming in... Eyes barely able to focus, he noticed that the berserker had approached him with caution, but, he felt his eyelids had grown heavy. The still of the night felt so good with the warm calm breeze as he started to lower himself onto the grassy patched piece of land. He flicked his tail twice before completely laying down flat onto the cool earth... Ahh this feels good..

Although the young wolf was REALLY curious in wanting to know more about these ancient old mythical folk tales and about these mysterious creatures, exhaustion has swept over Fester's entire body...

Why are these feathers so soft? Why were they coated in blood? Who is Everquest? Have you seen any of these monsters before? Can you tell me more? Do they really exist? All these were questions he'd really wanted to ask Kale.

He struggled to lift his head up to look at the stranger one last time but his head did not move and Fester slowly dozed off as he listened to Kale's instructions to head south and avoid monsters with poisonous fangs... He knew he'd have to work harder once he wakes up..Sleep is what he really needed now. Even for a short moment, he just wanted enough sleep to rest his tired legs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 pm
User Image

As if to test you further, Kale Greenleaf is nearly impossible to find. How long to do you spend scouring the land? Where do you go? Do you threaten to give up this silly fetch quest business altogether or... are you patient? Willing to wait it out for however long you must? Willing to take the losses as well as the wins, knowing that in the end whatever truths are meant to surface, will? Do you revisit the question that started it all?

I wonder... What has Kale Greenleaf, the Monster Hunter of Kells, taught you?
    User Image

User Image

It's nightfall again when, suddenly, in the middle of a thought, the singular sound of a branch snapping tugs at your awareness and spins you around.

There, as still as a statue, with eyes like cores of ever-burning flames, sits the Hunter. Beneath one of his massive paws is a branch and you quickly piece it together that it was merely a victim of circumstance whose cry was the one to alert you. Kale's features twist, the grin slowly creeping back into place, before, with a quick jerk of his head, he gestures for you to come forward.

------

If you found the SHATTERED CRYSTAL HORN

Kale Greenleaf
    "This is... not... Everquest never mentioned crystals or horns or... wait. Wait, yes yes she did mention this, once, but never while we were talking Basilisks. It was when we discussed a world beyond, as written by the beings before us. Those who crafted these relics to hold their stories talked in great length about a creature with exceptional healing power -- but one who could, potentially, possess the power of destruction as well. At the time I'll be honest, I wasn't all that interested. She must have saw that in me, for she moved on quickly and we never revisited the topic. But now... now I'm wondering... with the veil opening and a wave of new life spilling into our realm... could it be?"

If you found the REPTILIAN SPINE

Kale Greenleaf
    "Ah ha! I knew you would find something! Looks like they've shed their spines, or perhaps they were sliced off at some point? Maybe during a scuffle? Or as they were taking another plunge into the depths of the earth! I don't know for sure, yet, but I will. In time. Did you find the pile of bones in the Badlands? Some say it's a burial ground. I say it's the remnants of the Basilisks many meals. Don't believe me? Go back some time... perhaps you'll find a petrified body or two as well."

------

“…Monsters come in every shape and size.” He breaks off from one tangent to step into another, only this time it feels as if ‘the end’ is on its way. Like a parent bringing the lesson full circle. He continues. “And they’re everywhere. They were smart enough to evade the beings before us, those relic users, but playful enough to leave traces in their wake. It’s as if… they enjoy the hunt as much as we do. They want to be found, but only by the worthiest among us… by the true Monster Hunters of the land.”

His eyes, which continue to burn, only now with a glint of pride, return to you.

“Just a short while ago,” He pauses, breathing in deeply. If not for your familiarity, you might have mistaken his behavior for exasperation. But it was far from that indeed, for the pride behind his gaze intensified. “I was the last of my kind. It wasn’t a terrible existence. Not by a long shot. The world was my oyster and the beasts within it my string of pearls but… I will admit. Passion is better experienced when shared and I’ve missed having others to share this with. Yes, moons ago I was the last Monster Hunter within Kells.” The smile grows a little wider. “But that is no longer the case.”

He lifts onto all fours then, a final screech let loose from the stick beneath his weight and turns tail to leave. It’s unceremonious at first, this whole finale of events. Days and weeks of scouring the land. Moments of potential danger and exciting thrill. But he stops, mid turn, the darkness ready to swallow him whole, looking over his shoulder to say,

“Vials that I’ve acquired from a particularly vibrant critter are beyond the ridge. They're yours. I’ve hidden them, just for kicks, but I have no doubt you’ll make quick work of my efforts.” He snorts, amused, but the tone shifts quickly into something rather serious. “...The horn, the feathers, the scales. I brought it all back to Everquest and she confirmed some of my theories. There are more beasts in the pantheon than you could ever imagine. The hunt will never end… and wolves like us would never want it to. Consider finding me again, when your bones ache for travel and your heart wants for adventure. When you do, I'll tell you all about your findings. Believe me, its fascinating..." You get the sense that even if you insist he share it all now-- he wont. He wants to keep you hooked... And maybe you want for that just as well. "Until then…” He gives a slow, intentional nod of his head, the adieu you were waiting for. The last thing you hear just before he vanishes into the night, is simply:

“Keep the hunger alive, Monster Hunter.

------

OOC: Thank you all for participating in Kells' first ever Hunt event!

We hope you all enjoyed yourselves, had fun fleshing out characters and playing with our newest NPC, Kale Greenleaf! Sometime in the near future he will be available to all characters, offering quests directly relating to the 'monsters' of the world! Please stay tuned for more on that soon!!

Additionally! There are plenty of secrets yet to unfold and beasts yet to uncover, but for now, we hope you will be satisfied enough with these prizes; our way of thanking you for going on this journey with us!:

*Note: We have created lists based on the requirements per prize. If you do not see your name on the list but know you fulfilled the requirements please let us know!

Prize 1
    All posts made within this event can be used towards point redemption within the shop! Including the tonic shop!

Prize 2
    • From out of the shadows of this world and worlds parallel, a few new creatures have stepped out to make themselves known. The Kirin, the Pegasus, and the Unicorn have arrived, and you might recognize a feather, a scale, a horn, and a tuft of hair while looking the following creatures over. For every finalized post (those that meet the requirements of the event) you have received a ticket towards a raffle to win one of these beasts. More information on them is to come!
    User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

1.RuIerr
    2. MiddyGlow
    3. Krysin
    4. Valdmir Talamore
    5. Erina_Nobara
    6. chelseyleez
    7. Fea Line
    8. DavyJnah
    9. -Ghastly Demise-
    10. Medigel
    11. Lunar Mirage
    12. SilverLutz
    13. Ruhane Chiisai
    14. oo DeD
    15. belloblossom
    16. Bugghnrahk
    17. FrostyPeaches
    18. Nikkichomp
    19. RozeyBear
    20. LadyPipen
    21. Rein_Carnation
    22. DavyJnah
    23. SilverLutz
    24. -Ghastly Demise-
    25. RozeyBear
    26. Krysin
    27. MiddyGlow
    28. chelseyleez
    29. Rein_Carnation
    30. Erina_Nobara
    31. Lunar Mirage
    32. Fea Line
    33. Ruhane Chiisai
    34. RuIerr
    35. Bugghnrahk
    36. Nikkichomp
    37. oo DeD
    38. FrostyPeaches
    39. Medigel
    40. Lunar Mirage
    41. DavyJnah
    42. Bugghnrahk
    43. RozeyBear
    44. MiddyGlow
    45. FrostyPeaches
    46. SilverLutz
    47. oo DeD
    48. Krysin
    49. Medigel
    50. -Ghastly Demise-
    51. RuIerr
    52. Erina_Nobara
    53. chelseyleez
    54. Fea Line
    55. Rein_Carnation
    56. Nikkichomp
    57. DavyJnah
    58. RuIerr
    59. oo DeD
    60. Krysin
    61. Erina_Nobara
    62. chelseyleez
    63. SilverLutz
    64. MiddyGlow
    65. -Ghastly Demise-
    66. Lunar Mirage
    67. Rein_Carnation
    68. Fea Line
    69. Medigel
    70. FrostyPeaches
    71. Bugghnrahk
    72. Nikkichomp

Prize 3
    Kale Greenleaf has also left every individual with a bottle of their/your choice, either a colored potion or a marking potion, so be sure to claim which one you’d like within the Tonic Shop, adding that you are claiming the win from The Hunt event! Staff has also given two green totems to every player as well and will be updating the list shortly.
    -FrostyPeaches will receive a third totem for posting an additional response to Kale!

User Image
    User Image

1. RuIerr
    2. MiddyGlow
    3. Krysin
    4. Valdmir Talamore
    5. Erina_Nobara
    6. chelseyleez
    7. Fea Line
    8. DavyJnah
    9. -Ghastly Demise-
    10. Medigel
    11. Lunar Mirage
    12. SilverLutz
    13. Ruhane Chiisai
    14. oo DeD
    15. belloblossom
    16. Bugghnrahk
    17. FrostyPeaches (x3 totems)
    18. Nikkichomp
    19. RozeyBear
    20. LadyPipen
    21. Rein_Carnation

Prize 4
    Participants who made it all the way to the end, posting finalized responses to each prompt, have now been given the title: Monster Hunter. Titles bestowed by the Monster Hunter Kale Greenleaf will be placed upon a new cert for aesthetics as well as to showcase the efforts you’ve made on behalf of your character! These will be posted soon. (We might reach out for an uncert or two) Don’t worry, there may be more opportunities for titles in the future.

Cert Example:
    User Image

Blurred Vision
    Wild Holly
    Our Lady’s Tears
    Sparrow’s Song
    Shapeless
    Piranha
    Dark Skies Bloodmoon
    Song of The Nightingale
    Ashen Snow
    Bloodlust
    Hel
    Journey
    Scavenge
    Fester
    Dreams of Amber Starlight
    Midnight Frost

------

Once again, we want to THANK YOU ALL for joining us! We enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) reading all of your responses, seeing where the prompts took you, and getting to know characters in ways we hadn't before. This was a labor of love and we sincerely look forward to the next adventure!

Until then, stay hungry Monster Hunters!!

Kellswolves
Captain

Kellswolves generated a random number between 1 and 72 ... 53!

Kellswolves
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 pm
1.RuIerr
2. MiddyGlow
3. Krysin
4. Valdmir Talamore
5. Erina_Nobara
6. chelseyleez
7. Fea Line
8. DavyJnah
9. -Ghastly Demise-
10. Medigel
11. Lunar Mirage
12. SilverLutz
13. Ruhane Chiisai
14. oo DeD
15. belloblossom
16. Bugghnrahk
17. FrostyPeaches
18. Nikkichomp
19. RozeyBear
20. LadyPipen
21. Rein_Carnation
22. DavyJnah
23. SilverLutz
24. -Ghastly Demise-
25. RozeyBear
26. Krysin
27. MiddyGlow
28. chelseyleez
29. Rein_Carnation
30. Erina_Nobara
31. Lunar Mirage
32. Fea Line
33. Ruhane Chiisai
34. RuIerr
35. Bugghnrahk
36. Nikkichomp
37. oo DeD
38. FrostyPeaches
39. Medigel
40. Lunar Mirage
41. DavyJnah
42. Bugghnrahk
43. RozeyBear
44. MiddyGlow
45. FrostyPeaches
46. SilverLutz
47. oo DeD
48. Krysin
49. Medigel
50. -Ghastly Demise-
51. RuIerr
52. Erina_Nobara
53. chelseyleez
54. Fea Line
55. Rein_Carnation
56. Nikkichomp
57. DavyJnah
58. RuIerr
59. oo DeD
60. Krysin
61. Erina_Nobara
62. chelseyleez
63. SilverLutz
64. MiddyGlow
65. -Ghastly Demise-
66. Lunar Mirage
67. Rein_Carnation
68. Fea Line
69. Medigel
70. FrostyPeaches
71. Bugghnrahk
72. Nikkichomp

Kellswolves generated a random number between 1 and 68 ... 37!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:55 pm
1. RuIerr
2. MiddyGlow
3. Krysin
4. Valdmir Talamore
5. Erina_Nobara
6. Fea Line
7. DavyJnah
8. -Ghastly Demise-
9. Medigel
10. Lunar Mirage
11. SilverLutz
12. Ruhane Chiisai
13. oo DeD
14. belloblossom
15. Bugghnrahk
16. FrostyPeaches
17. Nikkichomp
18. RozeyBear
19. LadyPipen
20. Rein_Carnation
21. DavyJnah
22. SilverLutz
23. -Ghastly Demise-
24. RozeyBear
25. Krysin
26. MiddyGlow
27. Rein_Carnation
28. Erina_Nobara
29. Lunar Mirage
30. Fea Line
31. Ruhane Chiisai
32. RuIerr
33. Bugghnrahk
34. Nikkichomp
35. oo DeD
36. FrostyPeaches
37. Medigel
38. Lunar Mirage
39. DavyJnah
40. Bugghnrahk
41. RozeyBear
42. MiddyGlow
43. FrostyPeaches
44. SilverLutz
45. oo DeD
46. Krysin
47. Medigel
48. -Ghastly Demise-
49. RuIerr
50. Erina_Nobara
51. Fea Line
52. Rein_Carnation
53. Nikkichomp
54. DavyJnah
55. RuIerr
56. oo DeD
57. 60. Krysin
58. Erina_Nobara
59. SilverLutz
60. MiddyGlow
61. -Ghastly Demise-
62. Lunar Mirage
63. Rein_Carnation
64. Fea Line
65. Medigel
66. FrostyPeaches
67. Bugghnrahk
68. Nikkichomp

Winners:
chelseyleez (First pick)

Kellswolves
Captain

Kellswolves generated a random number between 1 and 64 ... 44!

Kellswolves
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:58 pm
1. RuIerr
2. MiddyGlow
3. Krysin
4. Valdmir Talamore
5. Erina_Nobara
6. Fea Line
7. DavyJnah
8. -Ghastly Demise-
9. Lunar Mirage