A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Horse Clutch Weyrling Lesson] Health Checkup! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 16 Total: 20 (2-40)

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:00 pm
Rolling for Uvaldoth!

Ailment
Overly Itchy Dragon - The weyrling needs a remedial lesson in oiling. Either they're missing spots, or aren't applying liberally enough. This could result in cracks which can be fatal or risk infection.

Severity
16-20: Just happened so should likely be easily taken care of with proper attention/changes.

Spockat rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 15 Total: 28 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 am
Rolling for Urzoh and Cartujanth

Quote:
13. Overeating/Bloatedness - Your dragon has a tendency to overeat or has been feeling uncomfortable. There may be some gas that has to pass, or some food that isn't digesting right. In some cases this can simply come down to how the meat is being cut, or how your dragon is chewing; in other cases, it might be the result of what your dragon is eating, especially if they got into something they shouldn't! This can turn into thicktail, if it hasn't already!

Quote:
11-30. They're getting better! Not by much, but there is some improvement. Maybe another sevenday and they should be just fine, provided nothing else goes wrong!

Spockat

Hattaki rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 17 Total: 36 (2-40)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:07 am
Phone Roll. lol

1. Issue
2. Severity  
dawns_aura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 10 Total: 29 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Quote:
19. Dehydration - This dragon needs to drink more water! The weyrling would be encouraged to ensure their dragon is drinking enough. They would likely be assigned immediately to take them to nearby weyrlake for a long drink. It's also possible their dragon gets to the water, and either plays in it instead of drinking, or gets so sociable with fellows and others, or is so nervous, they're just not drinking as much as they should and hurry through.

Quote:
6-10: Not great!

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Princess_Feylin rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:56 am
Rolling for T'nori and Chluaith.  
Princess_Feylin rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:58 am
Quote:
10. Bitten Tongue, 6-10: Not great!
Your dragon bit his or her tongue. This is common (and will be more so later on when they start chewing firestone) but it can be unpleasant and uncomfortable for everyone involved. The most severe bite wounds can lead to infection if not properly cared for or looked at--and abscesses can be common. Local application of redwort and even possibly some numbweed (in small, localized amounts) might be necessary for severe wounds--smaller ones may just need a little time to heal.

I'm sorry, Chluaith said, abashed, as he showed his puffy and lacerated tongue to the weyrlingmaster. T'nori shouldn't get in trouble for this.

T'nori shrugged off the apology. He wasn't sure how much blame he was actually supposed to take on himself for the fact that Chluaith had bitten his tongue so badly that they'd had to bring it up at check-in, but he was inclined to shoulder most of it. After all, he was the adult here, who had actually mastered the process of eating without biting his own tongue (most of the time). Not that he'd ever tried to eat chunks of raw meat with a mouthful of sharp teeth. That was an experience utterly alien to him until three sevendays ago, though now that he shared a mind with a voracious little brown he knew a lot more about the process than he'd ever expected to.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Sweet Symmetry rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 9 Total: 23 (2-40)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:47 am
14. Overweight for Color - This dragon needs to eat less, or be a bit more active. While some dragons are on the heavier side, this particular weight issue isn't due to their natural weight--but likely due to the dragon sneaking treats, eating the wrong type of food, or their rider being a push over and feeding them extra between meals.

6-10: Not great!

R'uun was nervous. He had been a nervous lad for a very long time now, but this was a different case of nerves. He was afraid… no… terrified that Indarrath wasn’t well. The slightest sneeze, a shiver, a cough… he had dragged Nyara from her weyrwomanly duties more times than could be counted on hands and feet. And he was ashamed of it. Even Mictecath had gone from overly concerned to puzzled… Indarrath was, as she always seemed to be, very well.

I promise you, I am well my love. You need not fear.

As they approached V’res for the inspection, R’uun steadied his breath and tried to look serene (no doubt the result was something between constipation and awkwardness).

“Indarrath is overweight.” Came the off-handed judgement, and R’uun gulped.

“Oh.” He wasn’t able to hide the dismay in his tone, despite the monosyllabic acknowledgement. He glanced down at Indarrath, who looked perfect to him… “I’m sorry sir. I’ll do some more physical exercise, and reduce the amount she is fed...” He felt a pang of guilt as Indarrath started a little.

My dear R’uun, it is not your fault… I will work extra hard to recover, I promise!

He stroked her stubby headknobs with unwavering affection. Everything would work out.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 100-sided dice: 59 Total: 59 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am
Rolling to see how R'uun and Indarrath do on the next sevenday.

51-65. Well, they were doing all right -- but now there's something else going on. Re-Roll from the ailment grid and see what's going on!

Ah shells.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-40)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am
7. Thicktail - Oh no! Your dragon seems to have some indigestion. Their tail is thick (or beginning to get thick) which means you may need to help try to coax your dragon into ... a bowel movement. If caught early enough, you may be able to keep your dragon from getting constipated. If it's late in the game, you're going to have to help. Sometimes massaging of the tail and stomach can help, but depending on their size, you may need to give them an enema. Your dragonet probably isn't feeling so great and might have a lack of appetite. Thicktail is common, and never usually pleasant.

1-5: Very bad!

They had been so careful, too! Shells! Indarrath winced as V’res pointed out the issue to her rider, who was hanging his head in shame.

“Trying massaging her tail… otherwise, you will need to visit the healers.” R’uun nodded his head, his face once again set.

No sense in worrying too much, my dear R’uun. This too will pass. How badly she wanted him to feel better. If only she hadn’t gotten this silly problem in the first place...  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff