Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Six months of missing you (Oreune + X'teis/Damisath) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:54 am
Quote:
"........I'm...not really angry." Her face has to be red enough now that it was on fire, or at least it felt that way, and Oreune paused to look over. "And you look ridiculous, getting all flustered. I don't recall being able to bully you around this much before."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 am
"I'm not flustered!" he quickly replied, despite all evidence of the contrary. He wasn't worth her time, maybe, but...

He just missed you, Damisath added, directing his words to both individuals. He figured he could step in, now that the poor dears had had enough of a time. He yawned, from where he sat in the barracks. Of course, I did no such thing, as I don't know you yet, but I would absolutely love a chance to meet you.

Meanwhile, X'teis just grimaced and gave a sheepish shrug.  

sariraii

sariraii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56 am
Quote:
"........" Oreune was still not into this hearing another voice into her head, but she took in in stride as much as possible. "I want to meet your dragon. Like, right now. Up and go." If she didn't act so forward and change her subject and push herself then Oreune had no idea what she would end up doing. Confess more feelings? Maybe ki - no, wait. Awkward. "Can I meet him?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56 am
"Now?" X'teis blinked, and straightened. Sure, he could do this! She wanted to meet Damisath, which...would be good, if Damisath didn't embarass him. He'd be happy to have them meet each other. Still, he brushed it off. "I mean, if that's what you want to do." Oh, she was going to love Damisath (he hoped). Awkwardly, stiffly, he gestured for her to follow him to the Weyrbowl, and Damisath left the barracks to meet them there. Much more comfortable for a first meeting, and that did matter oh so much to his rider...  

sariraii

sariraii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:57 am
Quote:
The look X'teis was given clearly said "Yes now!" and she followed him out. It took all her strength not to fully walk beside him, to not have their shoulders brush up. They hadn't been really physically close anyway before all of this but right now she was just wanting some form of contact. Six months had been a really, really long time and it was just nice to be next to someone she more or less grew up with. Was that why she felt this way? Confusing familial affections for something else? Ugh, it would be awkward if true. "I didn't bring anything for him but uh, I think it'll be okay?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:58 am
While Oreune resisted walking beside him, X'teis had no such issues. He slowed down, letting her walk beside him. "Oh, you don't need to bring anything..." X'teis trailed off, running a hand through his hair a bit awkwardly. He pushed his bangs back, making them just a tad neater--an excuse to do something with his hands that didn't involve them brushing against hers. As the two humans walked, Damisath settled in the weyrbowl, keeping a keen eye out for their arrival. His tail flicked to the side a few times--impatience became him just a bit too well.  

sariraii

sariraii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:59 am
Quote:
When X'teis slowed down it completely negated the whole point of what she was trying to do and, feeling a moment of do or die, she simply waited until he lowered his hand down before she let hers bump against him. It was obviously intentional to anyone with eyes to see considering neither of them walked hard enough to swing their arms, and yet Oreune did her utmost to make sure she played it off naturally. The sheer amount of red that covered her neck and ears was a dead giveaway, as was the way her eyes flicked over to catch him brushing his hair back. Six months apart had not been good for her heart in terms of loneliness but these barely six flicks of a candlemark were not any better for an entirely different reason.

Thankfully the dragon they were going to see was in view and - "Shardin' looms, he's huge."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 am
X'teis lowered his hand; there was only so long that he could play with his hair. As her hand brushed against his, he quickly looked in the opposite direction from her. He was afraid, and he wasn't quite worth her time, he knew that much. He didn't notice her blushing, as a result, and tried to pretend it hadn't happened, but...

He gulped, and for a moment, he thought he might have the courage to reach out and hold her hand. He wanted to, he wanted to, but there had been so much time between them, and that made it all the more difficult.

Finally, after an eternity, they reached the Weyrbowl, where Damisath's eyes whirled with blues and greens of amusement. At Oreune's comment, both dragon and rider surged with pride; Damisath was hardly large for his color, but he was growing oh so nicely...

Yes, and she's smaller than I thought she'd be. Damisath was teasing, of course, but X'teis still winced. Pleasure to finally meet the lady who stole his heart.

X'teis only winced more at that.

houllow

sariraii

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Oreune paused again at the voice inside her head. The thoughts and feelings of Loom were one thing and had taken her a while to get used to but this? How - "How do you handle that, Xe...er, X'teis?" She needed to keep using his proper name now, his special rider name that she'd said so many times over the last six months that the fact she was stumbling on it was basic travesty. "The whole sudden voice in your head thing." She imagined it got easier over time but it was still unsetting as a whole right now, which is why Oreune probably didn't hear the full context of what was being said.

If she had it was quite likely she might have turned and left or, like usual, not believed a word that was being spoken directly into her mind.

sariraii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:26 am
X'teis blushed fiercely, but Oreune didn't seem to notice his dragon's teasing. Can you let up, just a little? he thought, practically begging his dragon. I really...need to make this right, before...before I can worry about--

No, she'd asked him a question. He could hardly stop to feel self-pity, or even to reflect. "It was a bit hard at first, but...to be honest, it was more of an adjustment to have Damisath at all. The bond, it's...magical. Everything that everyone says it is, it's...a bit to adjust to, though. But now, having him here is second nature--not strange at all." Shards. He was rambling.

"What, er, have you been doing...over the past few months?" Probably not good to talk about Impression. Probably a sore subject. Oh...probably also not good to draw attention to the fact that he had avoided her for six months, too. Well...it was too late.

It is truly lovely to meet you, Damisath added, trying to soothe things over a bit. I have been looking forward to this meeting, you know, Oreune. Also-- he added, a bit of a smirk in his mindvoice-- You can speak to me, directly, you know, instead of asking X'teis. I'm right here, after all! X'teis winced at that, giving Oreune a sheepish, apologetic look.

houllow
I'M SORRY OREUNE I LOVE YOU

sariraii

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out