Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Greenflight] Long Awaited (Samodith's Maiden Flight) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 18!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:43 am
The ire that hit them had Ddraigth tilt his head, watching the green with quite a bit more interest then he had before. The sweetness she had called all of them to her with had been the usual fair and he was quite use to that. Though it did seem she was not as pleased by the turn out of her suitors, perhaps she had expected someone else to be chasing her? Whatever the case, when Samodith change her direction, Ddraigth was quick to follow her.

Staying nearer to her, the bronze reached out to her, chuckling some. You are quite interesting, dear Samodith. Such a sweet call to us and yet you are so quick to turn your anger at us. The arrogant bronze saw this lovely green at a challenge. Show me your speed...Lead us upon a chase that will test us more then any Gold would do.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ddraigth's Stats
Bronze: 35
Between 6-20 Turns: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
Intelligent: 3
Total: 58

Strength: 12
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 10
Wits: 12

Round 1: Spd+Dex; 14+10=24(1 cool  
sariraii generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 22!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:40 am
User Image

Hey, M'kai. The blue's voice rang through M'kai's mind, filled with something familiar to M'kai. Oh, oh no. Not today. If not today, then when? She's rising now, you know. Shall I ask her to wait? M'kai did not want to deal with this. He didn't have a partner, he didn't have anyone, and he did not want to wander the Weyr in hopes of finding such a partner. But still...Asakoth dropped down from their Weyr, catching himself on his wings, and M'kai knew there was no changing the blue's mind. Come on, M'kai, it's just a flight. I've chased before.

Rarely! Why her, why now? As much as M'kai lamented his woes, it was hardly the worst time for Asakoth to chase, he supposed, and--

Well, if I have your blessing, then there's no problem! M'kai scowled in annoyance, but sighed, and turned to lock his door, while Asakoth, already late, tried to slip into the chase unnoticed.

He'd have a word or two to say to the lovely green, of course, when she noticed him, but until then...he was here all along! What did she mean, he wasn't? Had she just missed him? Clearly, no one saw anything.

As she took them through the air, some of the bulkier males might have struggled; not Asakoth. He was lean and sinewy, and certainly not large in any way, so he kept up easily. Beautiful and agile, he commented, finally speaking to her, Not to mention, dangerous. Any rising green could be, but this one...moreso than some, he thought. His usual snark was muted, but a hint of amusement colored his otherwise dry and disingenuous voice.

Asakoth
+Noble+ | +Clever+ | +Loving+ | -Insecure- | -Sarcastic- | -Aloof-

BLUE: 45
LESS THAN 5: 2
AVERAGE/NORMAL: 5
INTELLIGENT: 3

Strength: 7
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 7
Wits: 16

Round 1: Speed+Dex=25 (22)

Reposting so I can actually roll, whoops.  

sariraii

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 7!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:28 am
She had liked the blue, for a so-fleeting moment.  Though he went on to praise her abilities, it was not balm enough to smooth over being told to let him see, that he was watching. What have I to show you? she snarled at Litanuth. It is you who must prove yourself, not I! Ddraigth, too, bid her show him something, and received annoyance similar to Litanuth. We will see if it is a test any of you can pass. And for Asakoth and his late arrival there was a mental lash like a tailwhip and a low-hissed I see you.

The ire for those was nothing when compared to her contempt for the other latecomer, Zellatath. My match? A bark of cold laughter preceeded a sharp mental slap. You are no such thing!

A few were passable and clearly making an effort, but for now, Rizoth alone appeased her, though he earned not affection but smug approval. Put you through your paces I will, and we will see what remains when I am finished.

Aryath received a wordless feeling of approval for his words, bit there was also a ripple of amusement that coursed over the young brown who trailed near the back.  Was that really all he had?  That Weveneth passed her for a moment was impressive, in a way, but in her current mood it was more an annoyance, and she snapped her jaws at him.  Cusnth claimed willingness to push himself to the point of injury to serve her, a tantalizingly savage notion. More than your muscles may be torn before this night is done.

Abruptly, she abandoned her quick-twisting path upwards and fell-

But not to be caught, oh no!  Samodith did not yet seek the claws of another, instead extending her own, flashing wicked in the moonlight as she made targets of her suitors.  Perhaps they saw in her the beauty and ferocity they claimed to; perhaps they simply knew how to flatter.  That they wanted her, at least, was not in doubt.  Of course they did.  But what of what she wanted?  Not merely another grasping, lustful male who thought he understood and presumed to know her hearts.  She was not just another young green, a maiden with fluttering hearts who didn't yet know what she wanted.  Oh, she knew...and was seethingly angry not to see it.

And yet she refused to adjust her expectations: they would rise to meet them, or she would cut them down for their failure.  Tonight, her whims were law, and she would see them bowed to.

Strength: 9
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 11

Score:
Round 1: 17
Round 2: 7

For Round 2, roll Wits+Dex to try to evade, or Strength+Stamina to tough it out! Dragons can sustain your choice of minor damage, she's not out to inflict serious harm. Round 3 will begin in about 48 hours, at 1 PM EST on Sunday 7/7 (or when everyone has rolled - some delay possible, as I will be at work).  
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 28!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:54 am
NPC I'tan of bronze Rizoth

Rounds:
1. Speed + Dex = 8 + 7 = 15/11
2. Strength + Stamina = 15 + 13 = 28/28
Total: 39

Rizoth watched as the green turned from the skies and dropped upon them. While others might swerve and dodge out of the way, Rizoth wasn't going to evade. This was her moment, and he wasn't here to turn her away from her, or risk pulling away. He well knew that this might well be the closest he got to the fierce beauty; if she wished to tear him from the sky, than he was not the sort of dragon to pull away.

Instead, as she streaked by, the bronze took the pain she wished to inflict. Her claws raked his neck and chest, leaving ichor in their wake; that said, he was quick to change his position in air, so he might also follow behind. There was no fear in Rizoth--only lust, desire, and passion. Such ferocity! Tear me apart, and rip me limb from limb if that's your desire; I shall wear my scars with pride, or fall from the sky cherishing your ichor-stained touch. Your every wish is my command; your every passion my desire.

Rizoth wasn't a complicated bronze. The music of the night was what he was here for! She deserved nothing but his best, and nothing but his all. If she wanted to tear him apart, so be it; he would be a victim to her ferocious charm

- - -

About Rizoth: He is an older dragon of the Weyr, but he'd have you know that just means he's experienced. ; ) He is a familiar face in many flights, as he is always tempted. He has caught and sired many High Reaches clutches, but he's also hosted and loved many a green. He isn't necessarily a heart-breaker--he never is intentionally cruel--but he is a bronze with quite an appetite, and that appetite hasn't yet be sated.

About I'tan: He's a known bronzerider of High Reaches. While he isn't colorist, per say, he has no problem taking full advantage of what his rank gives him in High Reaches Weyr. Like dragon like rider, he is more of a known heart breaker. He's not the sort to do relationships (so he claims) but he does have some favorites that he's seen with. Casual dates or bed fellows are just fine by him--and he is good about making those he's with feel like they're the star. Someday he'll be bit by the love bug, but that day is not today.

Rizoth's Stats:
Above 36: +5
Motivated/Fit: +5
Charming: +5
Intelligent: +5

Total: 55

Strength: 15
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 13

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 26!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 am
He was not swayed by her rage - not put in his place or humbled to stumble backwards to correct himself. I did not ask you to prove yourself, he stated firmly, Or would you have me not want to see you? I will not play a fool who only sees how you shine when you glow. Let her be furious for it - she deserved to be furious for it!

But she would not have his hide yet, allowing his wings to catch the air as he twisted away sharply from her outreached claws.

----

NPC BLUE LITANUTH: Intelligent, but dark minded. Prone to enormous bouts of envy once he's decided he wants something and doesn't get it. Can be hard to read at times.
NPC H'AAL: Sharp minded, but has a tendency to be spiteful. Used to be a Sailor and definitely acts it. Only came to the Weyr when Threadfall took out his ship.

STATS:
Blue: 45
Between 21-35 Turns: 7
Fit: 10

Speed: 10
Wits: 20

Round 1: (speed + dex) 12
Round 2: (Wits + Dex) 26  
Stygian Supernaut generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 4!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am
The words stung Zellateth pride somewhat, because he certainly was a distance behind the pack but far from discouraging the young brown they only spurred him forward. She was right, he'd been no match for her yet, but she would soon see he meant every word he said... as soon as he got near her, anyway.

You're fiery, Samodith! But I have faced flame before! You'll see it takes more than a flash of anger and the gleam of claws to turn me aside!

When some of the others maneuvered to avoid the green's wrath, the brown took the opportunity to head to the front of the pack. His brilliant plan got him swatted across the face hard enough for his rider to wince and growl, and he bared his teeth and snarled as his eyes whirled first red then the deepest purple yet. Yes, this one was certainly fiery and more than worth a scratch on the muzzle.

I'd face a thousand times worse to share this night with you, my lady! These cowards aren't worthy of you!

Was that ichor? That was definitely ichor. How was he going to fly with a nose full of ichor? No matter, he wasn't giving in yet!

NPC Bretah: An honorable traditionalist with a history in the healer craft, caring but can be cold towards those who earn her disfavor.

NPC Brown Zellateth: A large brown without an off switch, if something is happening he's there, and that definitely includes a flight regardless of whether he has a chance to catch. He can get a bit angry if he doesn't get his way or something takes too long, but his rider generally keeps him in check. +Enthusiastic +Courageous +Confident -Cocky -Impatient -Temperamental

Brown (+40) Under 5 turns (+2) Motivated (+10) Aggressive (+2) Total: 54

Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 12
Wits: 11

Round One: (Spd + Dex) 1
Round Two: (Str + Stam) 4
Round Three:

Tis only a flesh wound!  

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 6!

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:42 pm
He wasn't expecting the quick snap of her jaws, and Weveneth flinched as she caught his forearm, losing much of the ground that he had gained while showing off. There would be none of that until he caught up again, so the brown kept his challenging and complimentary words to himself as he regained speed. They weren't doing many of the rest of Samodith's suitors much good anyway.

Quote:
Strength: 10
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 11

Quote:
round one: (speed + dex) 19
round two: (wits + dex) 6

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 24!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm
Aryath rumbled in amusement back at Samodith. Alas, aerial acrobatics are not something I excel at, fierce Samodith. But he did try again to prove his worth and didn’t evade her claws when she came at them all. There were far worse injuries each threadfall and they weren’t for so lovely a being. Your wounds will be a badge of honor I will wear proudly and show to the world that you require for more than sweet words and fast flying to win your affection.

Brown: 40
Less than 5 turns: +2
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Charming: +5 pts

Strength: 13
Wits: 13

Round 1: 3
Round 2: 24
Round 3:  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

medigel generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 2!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:52 am
< Dizzy? >

Yeah, Cooz?

< Quick revelation: I think I like it when they hit me. >

Hah! You probably got it from me.

A trickle of ichor fell from his torso, and Cusnth trumpeted yet again as if in delight as he turned to follow in Samodith’s wake. He might not be the fastest thing that night, but he was definitely proving to be the loudest about his enthusiasm. < Take more, then, my lady! > the bronze, undaunted by his place in the flight. If anything, the challenge made him fight that much harder. < And let me gift you some! >

As he passed Zellateth, Cusnth made to buffet the brown out of the air with his bulk, snapping at him with his own claws like some miniature comet sparkling in the night.

- - -
CUSNTH STATS
stre: 12
spd: 9
dex: 10
stam: 10
wits: 11

round 1: 9
round 2: 2 (strength + stamina)
round 3:

Lothwolf
of course doesn’t have to get hit! they’re just in the same general score area so he went for it

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 7!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 am
Samodith's anger and ire just amused Ddraigth more. He was normally use to greens who were being sweet, there was something about this one that was quite interesting. Even if he seemed to be putting his own foot into his mouth with what to say. He never claimed to be a ladies man, he was an arrogant bronze who took what he wanted and fought for it.

The sight of her suddenly falling was disappointing to him and unlike some of the others who may have rushed to try and catch, Ddraigth kept a steady pace. Which may have been for the best as she was suddenly lashing out with her claws.

With Samodith coming right towards him, Ddraigth didn't move. He took the slashes against his shoulder and twisted his head around to her. Red and purple whirled in his eyes as he turned his head to look at her. He snapped out at her, not caring if his jaws made contact or not but he wasn't afraid to bloody her as much as she would bloody him.

Stained with our ichor you look even more beautiful in the moonlight. You are a force to be reckoned with, dear Samodith. These fools do not know what they are getting into.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ddraigth's Stats
Between 6-20 Turns: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
Total: 58

Speed: 14

Round 1: Spd+Dex; 14+10=24(18 )
Round 2: Str+Stm: 12+10=22(7 )  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 19!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:03 am
You have faced nothing and no one like me before, she hissed at Zellateth, whose words continued to miss the mark.  Litanuth's at least sat better this time, but when he evaded her strike - in an admittedly impressive display of agility - Samodith shrieked frustration at him.  But that was nothing compared to the scream of fury she had for Ddraigth when he returned the favor of her claws by snapping back at her.  She spun out of the way with a parting tailwhip, shutting out his words and boiling with fury over the audacity even as she struck out at the next.

Rizoth continued to please, taking every inch of the clawing she gave him and offering himself for still more: whatever she desired, even if that was to rip him from the sky. I do not doubt that you would enjoy it. Perhaps it was the turns of experience, but the bronze clearly knew just what to say...and yet she didn't doubt the sincerity of it.  The prospect of such devotion, even for a night, was tantalizing. Or that I would, as well.

Aryath also took her blow without complaint, earning a sweet croon from the green. Something to remember me by, whatever comes of this night. Cusnth went a step further, lashing out at Zellateth, and would feel a surge of approval and ripple of delighted laughter as he went after the brown who had thus far failed to impress. A worthy gift!  I thank you for it!

Would it be enough?  Would any of them be enough?  That remained to be seen, but it would be sooner rather than later.  Her ire had been soothed somewhat, bled out with the ichor of her suitors, but that frenzied drive to lash out at them had also sapped precious energy, and she needed to regain the altitude she'd lost and then some. Have you seen enough?  More than you bargained for, perhaps? Samodith snapped her wings and shot upward once more, this time without the alluring twists and turns: just up, and up, and up, climbing for the very stars.  Well if you still want me, come and get me!

Strength: 9
Dexterity: 14

Score:
Round 1: 17
Round 2: 7
Round 3: 19
Total: 43

For Round 3, roll Speed+your best stat! (Speed x2 is fine if that's your best one!)  Round 3 will end at about 4 PM EST on Tuesday 7/9, and she'll make her choice when I get home from work (or when everyone has rolled).  
Stygian Supernaut generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 17!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:08 am
From the Samodith the brown would gladly accept any challenge, this was her flight and testing her suitors was her right. From this presumptuous bronze? Absolutely not.

A fierce snarl escaped the huge brown as he felt the ichor dripping down his shoulder where the bronze idiot's claws had connected. The sudden rage from the brown would hit like a blow. They were already behind, both of them, and that fool did this?

A blaze of red joined the purple in his eyes and, winging hard to recover from the hit, he made to snap at Cusnth's tail, aiming to grab on and tug the bronze back or pull himself forward or... anything! He wasn't out of this flight yet! If Cusnth had no honor in this, neither would Zellateth, he was fair game now! Samodith wanted the ichor to flow? So be it.

Get behind me where you belong!! If I won't have her, neither will you!

NPC Bretah: An honorable traditionalist with a history in the healer craft, caring but can be cold towards those who earn her disfavor.

NPC Brown Zellateth: A large brown without an off switch, if something is happening he's there, and that definitely includes a flight regardless of whether he has a chance to catch. He can get a bit angry if he doesn't get his way or something takes too long, but his rider generally keeps him in check. +Enthusiastic +Courageous +Confident -Cocky -Impatient -Temperamental

Brown (+40) Under 5 turns (+2) Motivated (+10) Aggressive (+2) Total: 54

Wits: 11

Round One: (Spd + Dex) 1
Round Two: (Str + Stam) 4
Round Three: (Str + Spd) 17

Total: 22

medigel
Chomp! You have a very pissed off brown on your hands, but he won't do toooo much damage.

Stygian Supernaut

Sparkly Husband

6,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 22!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 pm
NPC I'tan of bronze Rizoth

Rounds:
1. Speed + Dex = 8 + 7 = 15/11
2. Strength + Stamina = 15 + 13 = 28/28
3. Speed + Strength (Best stat) = 8 + 15 = 23/22
Total: 61

The sting of the green's claws, the green ichor that dripped down his chest, ah, what a night of it! Up and up the green went, and the bronze pressed on. Samodith was certainly a feisty creature, and the bronze found himself quite pleased. She was young, but she certainly commanded the air with a notable presence! He had been right--those who sat idly upon their ledges were fools to miss out on such an opportunity.

Cowards, all of them.

But Rizoth would not waste his energy on any further words or commentary. The green had demanded to be caught, and instinct sensed that, perhaps, her time drew near. If the green wished to be caught, Rizoth had no qualms about that. Let the other males bicker and make fools of one another; while they fought, he would focus only on the fierce and wondrous beauty ahead of him. His claws were ready--not to cut, but to catch--and he would use any advantage he could to stay ahead of the pack. He was extensively experienced, certainly, but that didn't make his desire or his words any less genuine.

Samodith had her pick, after all; she could choose a boy, or she could choose a man.

- - -

About Rizoth: He is an older dragon of the Weyr, but he'd have you know that just means he's experienced. ; ) He is a familiar face in many flights, as he is always tempted. He has caught and sired many High Reaches clutches, but he's also hosted and loved many a green. He isn't necessarily a heart-breaker--he never is intentionally cruel--but he is a bronze with quite an appetite, and that appetite hasn't yet be sated.

About I'tan: He's a known bronzerider of High Reaches. While he isn't colorist, per say, he has no problem taking full advantage of what his rank gives him in High Reaches Weyr. Like dragon like rider, he is more of a known heart breaker. He's not the sort to do relationships (so he claims) but he does have some favorites that he's seen with. Casual dates or bed fellows are just fine by him--and he is good about making those he's with feel like they're the star. Someday he'll be bit by the love bug, but that day is not today.

Rizoth's Stats:
Above 36: +5
Motivated/Fit: +5
Charming: +5
Intelligent: +5

Total: 55

Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 13

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 19!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm
Ah, so angry - so much frustration in her veins and here it was being let out to pick the arms of a suitor instead of aimed true at the sky. A shame, perhaps, but if she so chose, Litanuth'd give her his hide when there weren't so many to choose from. Let the Red Star lose out on a chance for such glorious, beautiful fury for a night.

Such a show, such a beauty. More. I have so much more to see - a teaser. If any are sated now, they are fools. Your beautiful fury could drip all the ichor from our veins and there would still be so much more to see, that twisting want crept into the blue's voice, like someone who had found a treasure that could be turned over for years and still find something special and new about it in every moment.

Up, up. Litanuth would follow.

----

NPC BLUE LITANUTH: Intelligent, but dark minded. Prone to enormous bouts of envy once he's decided he wants something and doesn't get it. Can be hard to read at times.
NPC H'AAL: Sharp minded, but has a tendency to be spiteful. Used to be a Sailor and definitely acts it. Only came to the Weyr when Threadfall took out his ship.

STATS:
Blue: 45
Between 21-35 Turns: 7
Fit: 10

Wits: 20

Round 1: (speed + dex) 12
Round 2: (Wits + Dex) 26
Round 3: (Speed + Wits)19  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 21!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 pm
Ow...Well, if anything, being fought against made him happier. Cusnth wasn’t bloodthirsty about it, but fighting for attention was just something ingrained in him and HisDiz; it was only natural to find obstacles and then overcome, every movement a chance to be flashy and spotlight himself. But he wanted to do more than that: he wanted to shoot for the stars as Samodith did. Did he not sparkle and shine like them as she did now? Cusnth tried to shake the suitor off his tail, but if he had to drag the silly brown with him, so be it!

The extra weight was...definitely a lot more than even a young and strapping bronze could hope to move around with, though. Cusnth bugled again like everything was perfectly fine, totally part of the plan, and pumped his wings feverishly, tail lashing and back claws scrabbling against the intruder’s grasp. Fighting was perfectly allowed in the chase, he felt, but this? This was horrendously dirty! Being dragged down by someone else’s mediocrity was super uncool, dude!! He refused, refused he said, to lose altitude for a sore loser!!!

This was definitely going to pull something. Or three somethings. Oh well. Cusnth was young, he was sure he could sleep it off later.

< He did not like my gift! > he called with a chortle, his breathing growing heavy. < But it’s very much not about what he likes, isn’t it? Have you a craving for ichor, my lady? I shall come to you so you can have more, even if it means pulling all of my wing muscles to drag this oaf! An underserving last glimpse of you for the dragon that can’t keep up! >

Though the wing straining was a very real possibility at this rate. To be fair, though, when Cusnth had said he was willing to tear muscles, he hadn’t been kidding.

- - -
CUSNTH STATS
stre: 12
spd: 9
dex: 10
stam: 10
wits: 11

round 1: 9
round 2: 2
round 3: 21
TOTAL: 32

xLothwolf