[PRP] Little Talk [Shahera/L'nik] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Oh. Right. That. Shahera paused briefly and considered things. She knew she could probably make light of the matter and brush off any uncomfortable feeling. Only that would probably break whatever was trying to form between them. He clearly didn’t want that. And she didn’t want that either or she would have wandered off a while ago. Stopped giving him chances to stake a claim. Because she honestly hadn’t been sure what he wanted.

She didn’t move away from him, though she did start steering him towards somewhere to sit down. “I am glad to know that wasn’t Hessianth talking. Though I suppose I could see him saying it to Therianth. Now. We seem to have some things we need to talk about ourselves. What is this silliness about you being too serious?”

It isn’t confidence he needs, exactly. More, willingness to stand his ground. Therianth tried to find the words but couldn’t exactly figure it out.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 pm
The moment of silence felt like twenty years.

Still, sitting on the edge of the bed somehow made it easier to refocus his thoughts. Not that he didn't trust his legs to ground him, but having them out from under him and the floor not at risk of rushing up at him certainly helped. This wasn't exactly how he'd hoped to do this, but Hessianth certainly had his own plans for things.

Looking to Shahera, L'nik smiled lopsidedly. It was true he wasn't the most serious of people - especially when she was around. "I like what we have and I want to keep that, but I want to be sure we both are wanting the same thing out of it."

Hessianth considered Therianth's correction for a moment. Conviction?

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:02 pm
I think that is it. You get the dubious honor of fighting others to prove yourself every time I Rise. The only one that Your’s will ever need to fight to prove himself will be Mine.

She considered, for a brief second, sitting in his lap before she settled next to him on the bed. It would have been amusing but defeated the purpose of the sitting down. He also seemed to have missed the answer in her joking question. Hmmm. More direct. “I like what we have too. Or we wouldn’t still have it.” She grinned. “Are you asking what the ‘it’ is?” She gave him huge innocent eyes.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:13 pm
An honor all the same, Hessianth reminded, touching his nose to Therianth's before resting his head back in its place against her. And the loss of all others who don't get all your other hours, which were a far better prize.

Her answer eased L'nik's concern some, though what remained on his plate was more of his own making than anything she had done. Some twisted jumble of overthinking and underacting. "As long as you like it too, I don't care what we call it," he said as he grabbed Shahera's face and kissed her.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 am
Therianth returned the boop gently. All the other hours are when the fun happens anyway. Therianth said echoing Hessianth’s thoughts.

Shahera returned the kiss enthusiastically before gently but firmly pulling back. “I think that you do.” She said softly to L’nik. For his sake she would do this just this once. She dropped all joking and games. Gazing at L'nik seriously, she told him. “There are a lot of ways that this could be an ‘it’ that could end up hurting you depending on what it is that you want out of it. What are you worried about that has you so twisted about?”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:05 am
L'nik would have loved to have hidden away his jumble of thoughts behind the kiss and leave it at that, but it would have left him where he started in it all - and Shahera was sharp enough to know that. Her serious tone twisted his heart in his chest, leaving him wishing again that Hessianth had left it alone until he was ready. But you would find excuses to not be Hessianth didn't have to say it, but L'nik could feel it from the brown never the less.

"I don't know, exactly," he admitted. "The other night sort of...solidified that I really only like being with you," L'nik ran a hand up his neck to ruffle the back of his hair. Words were hard. "All I want out of this 'it' is to be with you and only you," it sounded dumb in his mouth, like his thoughts were going through a filter that said 'make this sound as stupid as possible' before they made it off his tongue. "And maybe I have no right to that when I didn't back up my words before."

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am
“The actions of the past don’t always dictate the future. Exclusivity can be asked for at any time.” Shahera was beginning to understand. It seemed that L’nik wanted to stake that claim after all and had no idea how too. Well, she was willing to help him along with that. Hopefully in the future he would be better about picking up on the hints that she dropped along the way.

Shahera realized that she wasn’t sure what being exclusive actually was like though. She was fully aware that she flirted with every living human on the planet in some way or another. And she wouldn’t be able to stop that. It was essentially who she was. Would he want her to stop though? Shahera wouldn’t be able to do that, which meant this ‘it’ would have to end. She was a little worried about what this all meant.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:09 am
Exclusivity. That was a word with some weight, but he didn't want to be a ball and chain on her freedom. Her freedom was so much of her charm, after all.

"Then at the end of the day, I want you to be mine just the way you are now." It was the least dumb sounding thing he'd said the entire conversation. "And if that means changing, I don't want that," he wanted free and playful Shahera, not an entrapped spirit without all of the luster that made her wondrously blinding at times.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:39 am
That alleviated some of her worries. If he wanted her as she was now that meant he didn’t mind her flirting, right? Maybe she was overthinking things?

“What? You want me all serious and stoic?” She asked playfully as she purposefully misunderstood his words to mean right that minute. Poking him in the chest she said, “well, then we have a few things we I need to talk to you about.” She could do exclusive in, not the same way Therianth did...sort of the opposite. Only ever L'nik when it came down to it, but a roving eye? She wasn't sure how to put it into words.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:14 am
"Yep, you know it," L'nik teased right back, "just serious all the time." He rubbed his chest when she poked it, trying to let the fact she hadn't immediately rejected the notion defend against the concern that wanted to creep in on it's heels. "Like what?"

And where would you be if I hadn't helped? Hessianth asked smugly in private, but not moving from the comfortable position he was curled up in with Therianth. He had his priorities straight, after all.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am
“No more thinking and worrying alone until you are all twisted up inside. Do something, talk to me, act before our dragons start meddling again. If we let them keep meddling they will start thinking they can do it whenever they want.” She threw her hands up dramatically. “Then where will we be?” Dropping them back down she took his hands in hers. Shahera looked up at L’nik. The fact that the only time she wasn’t looking up at him was when they were laying down made her lips quirk. “Okay? If we are in this, we are in this together no matter what noise goes on.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:33 am
Oof.

It hit home, as intended, and he knew no matter what he said, it would be an excuse for not speaking up sooner. Something he would have put off and put off until he convinced himself it wasn't important or too late now. L'nik squeezed Shahera's hands as she took them, leaning so his forehead could rest against hers.

"Deal. I'm clearly no good at doing it alone anyways," if she could pick out what he meant through the 'I'm stupid' filter in his brain, she was already four steps ahead of him, at least. Not that it would change Hessianth trying to do whatever he wanted anyways.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Shahera shifted a little and kissed his nose playfully. “Good.” She moved to lean against his chest. “We have to try to at least limit their belief that they can control out lives.” Playing with the fingers of one of L’nik’s hands, she asked, “Any other worries bouncing around in there?” But before he could answer she continued. “I would be rather impressed if you could manage a two person relationship all by yourself you know.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:51 pm
"I think I'd need some extra help if I could manage that," L'nik joked, though he knew he would struggle, if even for a while, with being willing to pour out his headtunnelsnakes when they came knocking. That Hessianth treated them differently than Eosphoth had was already a world away from before.

"I don't think I have any - besides that I know your Nameday is coming up and want to make sure I don't step over any plans you may have should - when - I decide to do something for it."

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 pm
Shahera tucked herself up next to L’nik. “I don’t have any plans, myself, and you are the first to mention any thing about it so you get to make them.” She gave him a gentle pat. “Just let me know what you need from me but I leave it in your capable hands.” Too bad for anyone who might have been trying to surprise her she mused.

“Glad that is sorted. Do you have training today?”

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas