Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[ORP] The Mwezifichika - Of Myth and Legend Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:46 am
"It is better than I anticipated," The young lion admitted as he turned briefly to regard the outlines of young and old alike. He could detect some reservations in Kumonryu's voice, but it made him respect him all the more for the fact he had come out. If he were to retreat now then he would likely go with Shui's blessing... It was one thing to have reservations and avoid something entirely, and another to have them and still make an attempt.

...Regardless of whatever intentions you might have had.

"I have no disdain for those who stayed at home out of respect for the oldest iterations of the mythos in these lands," he conceded and offered a small smile, one just visible to anyone close to him. "If you had chosen to stay at home I would have accepted this was your preference," he added. "I would say I would regard those who weren't scared and had simply not come because they did not like me with a little less respect though," he conceded.

After all, he could accept that he may not be the most popular male on the planet. Hell, even his own mate had chosen to turn her back on him and ignore him with great gusto... But to turn your back on any friends and family you might have to make a statement wasn't something he quite bought in to - ironic given the path he currently walked on that was for sure.

"You've no interest in the stories though? I was curious as to what spin the youngest might put on them... or whether they would stay true to the tales of our lunar maddened ancestor."

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 pm
Now that did pull a slight grimace out of him. "I'd hope that they stay true to the old tales, though I suppose that they've probably evolved over time regardless anyway." He huffed, "I suppose we'll find out."

Ryu tilted his head thoughtfully as he considered Shui's earlier words. He definitely agreed with him there. Why some of them chose to remain here just to act like that, he had no idea; if he'd had the option, he probably would have thrown them out. Of course, he wasn't much for brawn, so it was probably for the best he hadn't. No, his expertise lay in his words.

Turning his thoughts away from that for now though, the lion instead smirked, "You tempt me. I'll admit that the idea of staying home does sound nice, indeed, but then, a gathering, big or small, is something I can't ignore. Better to make new connections than remain in self-exile." Or at least, that's what he'd told himself repeatedly before coming here.

Epine de Rose

-----

Before his brother could respond back, one of his pride mates began speaking. At first, he'd brushed it off as just chatter, but then he realized that the crowd around him had gone quiet.

Ears flicking up, Vaughn looked around them until he spotted the storyteller that was talking. The stories had started! With his parents both being fairly recent Bahari, he hadn't heard a whole lot of the tales these Pombuka had to offer. Or, well, not all of them. He supposed that his father probably got a lot of them from the others so he could tell them too, and they did get those ones told to them as cubs, but it was different hearing things from another Pombuka.

Scooting a bit closer, the adolescent blinked curiously as he listened.

Anderleit
This is just a response from Vaughn for the last prompt, and to try and get him another post. Feel free to tag back whenever, and I'll still reply. <3

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 pm
Epine de Rose

User Image

She hadn't expected to go un-noticed by him for long and his voice calling out to the shadows made her ease up a little from her tensed stance. Still, she wasn't about to move into the open where all these 'others' were. "You're looking well." Teasing him a little bit since he did seem fine for the most part, which was surprising given the speculations that surrounded his initial disappearance. He was lucky he lived through the ordeal.

"Are you about done here?" Her voice was a hushed whisper as she moved closer towards him in the shadows. "I've come to collect you, apparently word of your survival traveled slowly to home and now you must come back." What they wanted to talk to him about, she didn't know. She was just here to collect him.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Shui pursed his lips as he considered the lions remarks, it was a valid viewpoint to have and he was to be commended for his attempts to try and endear himself to the pride. However Shui knew better than to expect others to come round to his way of thinking and rather than struggle against the tide he had all but adopted a new approach. Perhaps Ryu would be open to that way of thinking as opposed to forcing himself in to these particular situations?

...Be a part of the change, enact it, and so on.

Don't just be an idle bystander who merely attempted to make his point understood. Last time Shui had checked this particular lion had also been a diplomat, though as it stood he hadn't had much of an opportunity to flex his muscles and show what he might be capable of.

"Then perhaps we should avoid temptation and simply move away from the immediate proceedings," he admitted after a few moments. He'd seen several individuals loitering in an attempt to catch his eye; one in particular he hadn't seen in several months as a result of their falling out.

"I would much prefer you are comfortable and while I appreciate the attempts to work with the pride, there are some things better suited to external affairs," he smiled wryly. "I wouldn't call it exile, so much as a personal decision to pay homage to this evening in your own specific manner," he added.

The tale had continued as they had spoken with the storytellers delving in to further detail about the lunar madness, but ultimately despite a few embellishments here and there they seemed to be sticking to the script. It brought him some relief, while the gathering was new, the lessons would remain the same overall.

"That and it would appear that...There is someone else who acquires my attention and I have not seen them in a considerable amount of time," he admitted as he nodded towards a white lioness a short way from them. Unlike the darker coats she stood out a touch more than others might have.

He rose to his paws and gave a small bow before beginning to make his way towards the white lioness. He wouldn't speak just yet, in fact, he glanced over his shoulder somewhat deliberately.

"In the morning would you do me the favour of calling upon me? I may have a request." he finished; and with that, moved to bridge the gap between himself and the awaiting lioness.

Now he just needed to figure out what she wanted; they hadn't left one another on the best of terms to say the least. Ah, but soon his own form 'disappeared' into the night, a scarce glint of white against what little light occasionally seemed to flicker in to existance...

MangoMeow
Last from Shui as I need to do some bits and pieces with him in PRPs and he needs to be isolated for them during the event! This seemed like a good time as it looks like Ryu has the full 5 RPs. <3

Epine de Rose

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:32 pm
[This will be the last meta post from the mule as I'm going to allow this to essentially 'fade to black' (lol). If I leave this open any longer it'll run in to any other plans I have and it won't work out timeline wise. While the post will fade-to-black and there will be no further posts from the mule, feel free to complete any posts you might need to make to finish off your 5 posts for a valid rp - however for the purposes for ending this in an orderly fashion, there won't be anymore mule posts.]

It was safe to say that Mesa still needed some work to ensure that his stories flowed in a better manner. The pacing was off and it took him quite some time to get to the point of it all... However, as the story went on it became clear that the tale was of that of a maddened lion, one who had lost his sense of self and with it...his sanity.

It was said that in his solitude, one he had once picked willingly, his darker side had come to fester. The blight within him grew, the taint ever greater and soon he succumbed to violence. Though he had once so desperately desired the company of others, this soon twisted into a more irrational logic.

...He was alone because they had left him alone.

...Those who entered his lands had come to steal it.

Such was the manner of his crazed sense of self that in the long years that followed he became a shadow of his former self. He was no longer a lion and more a demon, one that in time, needed to be cleansed.

Thus the lunar goddess herself had cast her benevolent gaze down upon him and taken pity upon his soul. She had taken heed of what he had once been and what intentions he might have had... And then she had cast her gaze upon what he had become.

And so as the evenings drew on he would begin to hear voices, they would call to him and coax him towards the cliffs edge. A haunting voice, a gentle voice, a kind voice. One of seduction and temptation. So intoxicating was the call that eventually he heeded it and on one fateful night... he jumped.

Casting himself from the cliff, he plunged into the depths and found himself in a new world... and with it, a sense of rebirth.

He was to become the first king of the Bahari and though his name had long been lost to the sands of time, the tale of the Bahari'mtoto kings birth was not forgotten. There was a reason the moon was of particular importance to the Bahari and to those who were the most traditional, it ensured their absolute protection.

After all, if she were to leave them again for an extended period of time then who was to say they would all not suffer the same fate as their founding father?

Now, one might say that in the grand scheme of things they had each other to draw strength from but to some, it was better not to take that chance...

Thus, the young storyteller's tale finally came to an end and though it wasn't entirely anticlimatic it had certainly put some of the youngest to sleep.

His lips had twisted at this and he merely shook his head; he'd take this as a learning experience but there was most certainly much more to be done if he was to ever succeed at his role.

...At least those who remained awake seemed to have appreciated his efforts, eh?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:55 am
Kumonryu nodded idly at that, a small hum at the words, before raising an eyebrow at Shui's comment of someone requiring his attention. Following his gaze, the red lion let out an "ah" as he saw who he was looking at. That was bound to be an interesting conversation, but he wasn't about to eavesdrop on the leader of his pride. No, he knew better than that.

Instead, the male simply nodded, pausing as Shui turned back to make his request. Ryu raised an eyebrow at the comment, curious now as to what the lion would ask of him, "Of course." Because what else could he say? He couldn't refuse, nor was he interested in refusing anyway. Curiosity was always a strong pull for him in these instances.

As he watched Shui walk away, he clucked his tongue and cast a look back at the storytelling, before standing once more. He would make a few more rounds around the crowd and then perhaps take his leader's advise and head home where he was much more comfortable. Then, at least, he could be satisfied with himself.

Epine de Rose
Sounds good! I think I'll tap out Ryu here too. <3

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:09 pm
As the tale was spun and began to take a dark turn, Vaughn couldn't help but shiver. While his parents' reasons for sequestering themselves away had been to protect their family from the drama of the pride, he hadn't before understood why others were choosing to hide away this night.

Now he suddenly got it.

What a scary story! He wasn't sure he liked where it had gone, but he supposed he could see why they kept it. There were some that were enjoying the frightening tale, and some that had outright fallen asleep. He didn't think he'd be passing on that tale in the future, but then, he wasn't really planning on being a storyteller anyway. He much preferred making cubs laugh.

Rolling his shoulders, the adolescent decided to walk around a bit, see if he could hear anymore stories, before eventually heading home.

((Vaughn is at 4 posts, so I'll be doing one last one to really tie it off for him.))

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff