A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] Join the Zombie Horde Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Smerdle rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Nzambith's worry was not misplaced, as Koroth was already feeling some strain. His giddy loops and spins were ill-suited for this chase, but he continued circling, swirling wide around the green's pursuers as he climbed.

Dusty indeed, but a lovely view.

He began to hum, sharing his little tune with Nzambith as the flight continued on. It wasn't quite somber, but its tone was definitely more subdued than he had been thus far. As thoughtful song for a thoughtful dragon.

stamina: 8

medigel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 pm
It was a soothing thought, but not one Dhumavath believed in, and he mentally turned it away as if to push the curtain over a window and hide the light. Not that it was Nzambith’s fault: no-one could really cheer the brown up unless he allowed them to, and that moment was more rare than a kind noble from Nabol. Even his rider had trouble trying to make him positive, though to be fair E’roe himself wasn’t a ray of sunshine himself.

Perhaps she did not think herself worthy, either. It would explain the warbling. And yet here she was with two shiny bronzes, two opposing blues. Flights evened things out and made them all lesser creatures for it, all seething into the air for a chance to bite into something resembling satisfaction when it was nothing more than animal lust. Like a good meal, ravaged and then excused for something equally opportune and delicious if and when it was presented.

Dhumavath didn’t project these thoughts directly, but they seeped into his touch as rain into fabric, and could be tasted as such. He did not envy greens and golds. They had it worst of all among dragons.

You are kind. He was all the more mournful for it. And they see it. And they partake of it for their convenience, to charm, to soothe. I would give you mercy instead, Nzambith-As-Dawn-Dies. I would numb your hearts until they grew silent and still, that you would never be hurt by that which you cannot control. It was a gentle suggestion, as one offering to tuck the other into bed.

————————————————

npc brown dhumavath stats
STAM: 20

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:04 pm
Though she was much smaller than he was and as a green, her stamina wouldn't hold out for an extremely long time, Haezeth had to give Nzambith that she was rising straight into the air like a shot towards the sun. Impressive was an understatement as all the males rushed after her, but he at least had a sort of confidence in that his wings and body were strong enough to follow her wherever it was she wished to go. Indeed, gold flights were much more stressful and lengthy than this. Maybe it was the confidence that had him grinning at her little trills and all the gentle noises she'd made, maybe it was simply that she was a bit different than any other green he'd chased, though there'd been few.

Images flashed into his mind, filling his head with other greens and... was that her rider?, then she herself all wrapped together. When he'd been young he'd of course slept with D'ein, wrapped around his boy with his wings covering him as if he could hide that gentle soul, as he'd grown that had gone away a bit. Would he, if he caught the green before him, wrap up with all of them and 'cuddle'? On the surface if any other had asked him any other time, he might have responded gruffly with an admonishment, but in the midst of flight lust with a shy green his coarser exterior crumbled a bit at the question.

Admittedly it's been quite some time and only with my own rider, but given the opportunity to catch such innocence, that wouldn't be unwelcome. Haezeth admitted almost awkwardly, managing to keep the worst of the inexperience with such things from his voice. For certain he wasn't sure about the others he'd seen in those images, but all he could do was shake his head free of those and focus on her.

Stamina: 21

---------------

Still at an almost breakneck speed, as much as one could run that fast on sand, Ty'bar's eyes widened a bit when he saw exactly who he'd come for and slammed to a halt just feet from him. Anxiety rolled off him in waves, but he could tell just by the unfamiliar look on Vennodren's face that the same was happening to him. Likely it was because this was Nzam's first flight, he could vividly remember what happened the first time that Asilaeth had risen. But all the older man could do was swallow and try to find the words, to ask permission for something he'd just assumed at when his dragon wasn't even involved.

Oh I'm involved, you scatterbrain. Sand kicked everywhere as the little green landed and bumped her head harshly against his back, sending crashing into Venn even though he threw his hands out to grab the other's shoulders. Either way it left him looking square upwards into his face and his dragon obstinately bumped him again and kept her head in his back. Who needs words? You're no good at them after all.

"Would you...? 'Laeth!" Skin darkening from his face to his ears and all the way down his neck, Ty'bar tried to swat at his green, but he couldn't let go.

SilverLutz rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 1 Total: 8 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm
Ah, the first bronze to answer her call had spoken up once more. Nzambith glanced over her shoulder a bit as he spoke, unable to help herself. Flying almost directly up at the sun meant the two bronzes were sparkly and shiny as ever, the sun reflecting off them so intensely she had to squint a bit. The flash off his wings as Ansheth performed a neat if slow barrel roll made Nzambith's dreary hearts flutter with delight, her gaze steady on him.

You look lovely in this light, she said shyly in return, not at all interested in what lay below. The sea was shiny as well as the sun continued to rise but Ansheth was far more impressive a sight.

It was difficult to tear her gaze from the brilliant shine of his hide, but as Khandjith pulled her attention to him she gave him the respect he was owed, purple eyes locking on his own. He wasn't flirty or dark, but his direct way of speaking wasn't flowery or poetic and she didn't have to think too hard on how to reply. Indeed, her own comments seemed dry and lacking after what some of her suitors had said to her already. He, at least, didn't need to wait a few moments as she puzzled how to reply.

Swimming is nice, but if we were rain we could dissolve into the sea, become insignificant and small and forgotten. Maybe a dolphin would swallow us on accident, she said, lost in her thoughts despite wrapping them around the blue's mind. It was a slightly depressing thought but there was true interest and an urge to feel what that might be like. Khandjith was already blue so he had a head start in becoming part of the sea. Lucky.

Koroth caught her eye before he spoke to her again, his loops and dives and impressive tight turns were fun to watch. She had seen quite a few green flights that were all about acrobatics, but this was more her speed. Straight, steady, and with a clear goal in mind. The little tune he hummed to her made her close her eyes for a moment, her wing beats falling into rhythm with his song, and eventually she trilled along with him. Her tone was somber, bringing down the gentle, thoughtful melody, but the sadness in her voice twisted nicely with his more upbeat one. Words weren't needed sometimes, and this was one of them. It was nice.

Darkness seeped into her thoughts once more as Dhumavath spoke and she opened her eyes to turn them to the lone brown, still keeping pace despite his wounds. His words, however, gripped her and held her tight, his mild warning of being taken advantage of hearkening back to Vennodren's constant words of wisdom. With a tinge of grey to her eyes she surveyed the other dragons that flew with Dhumavath, wondering if they were simply taking advantage of her for their own desires. But they seemed so genuine...

That sounds nice, she admitted, looking back at Dhumavath for a moment. Although his offer mind sound awful to others, Nzambith welcomed the idea of death and ceasing to exist. It meant no pain, not suffering, no fear, no sadness, no nothing. Of course she didn't wish to die now, not when Vennodren had waited so long for her and he had such big dreams with her, but the offer was appreciated all the same.

But what about what you can't control? It was an honest follow up question that was brought to the front of her mind, for even though he was a brown and certainly bigger and stronger than she, there were things he couldn't help, either. She didn't say it to discourage him, but rather because his words were so enticing.

But then a touch of warmth and a flare from the second shining bronze drew her attention away from the darkness of the brown, the grey leaving her eyes once more. Haezeth seemed a bit confused by the things she had shown him but he was replying as gamely as he could and his agreeing to cuddle had her sad hearts fluttering once more. She wasn't too sure about this whole flight thing, but if whoever caught her wanted to simply curl up and nap afterwards, she'd be quite delighted. And if said victor happened to be shiny that was all the better.

Good! You'd better catch me then. We'll have to make my wallow larger, she added thoughtfully, realizing that although she fit nicely in the divot in the sand, Haezeth certainly would need a larger bed. They could dig that after the flight, she assumed, and she let out a soft sigh as she allowed herself to gaze upon his dark, beautiful shining body once more. Then she focused her attention to the rising sun, once again angling her incline and urging her wings to beat faster. Now she could certainly feel the strain in her joints, but she had energy aplenty and she wasn't stopping now.

Come, she called to all five dragons, urging them to make the grade of their climb steeper with her.

Stamina: 18

---

All right, any rounds after this are uncertain! Nzambith's next roll could be her last, so keep an eye on her posts! When she meets or beats her stamina score I'll let everyone do one more post to see if anyone drops out, then roll from there. I'll remind you all once that happens, too. Hold on to your butts, blues! Things are gonna get bumpy! Brown and bronzes, you're good to go still, but not for much longer. Things are getting strenuous. I'll have my next post up tomorrow in the evening EST, I'll be out and about all day, so you'll have a little extra time to roll/fill in posts. That being said, if all remaining suitors roll and fill in posts before the 24(ish) hours are up, I might roll early. GOOD LUCK!

Sweet Symmetry

demon_pachabel

medigel

Hattaki

Smerdle

---

As if on cue, a figure appeared at the edge of the beach. Vennodren squinted just a bit, trying to make out the figure that was literally sprinting to the sea, and his heart jumped into his throat when he recognized Ty'bar. He had come after all! The taller man remained frozen in sheer surprise and delight, allowing the older rider to finish his approach and stall just paces away. They stared at one another, both faces flushed for two different yet similar reasons.

A familiar shadow fell over them for a moment, alerting Venn to the small green before she landed, and without ceremony Asilaeth shoved Ty'bar towards him. They bumped rather hard and he would have been knocked backwards if Ty'bar hadn't grabbed him, keeping them close, the strong hands on his arms squeezing almost too tightly. Venn's eyes widened just a bit, waiting for the question, but when it was cut off by another shove from Asi the spell of insecurity was broken and he let out a laugh.

"I would," he said in reply, the delight clear on his face and in his voice, even if Ty'bar couldn't hear it. He wasted no time in wrapping his arms around the smaller man, but before he did anything to him, he gently shifted the two so he could lean in and press a small smooch to Asi's nose much as he had done to Nzambith before she had taken off.

"Thank you," he whispered against her soft hide, a knowing smile on his face. Surely she had been the one to tell Ty'bar to literally come running.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

medigel rolled 3 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 1 Total: 7 (3-18)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:39 pm
What I cannot control is shared by all: Thread has returned, and it will never stop. History of Intervals and Passes be damned. They had been given peace for too long, and now Pern was being punished for it. All we can do is mitigate its damage.

Dhumavath could not see beyond that curtain of fatal rain and knew in his hearts that he was not as up to the task to fight it as his brethren, even without counting his physical problems. It was a dark outlook all around.

But I can choose not to chase. Perhaps I should have. His wounds protested the flight up, and now his wing muscles did too. You and all greens and golds, however, cannot choose not to rise. Limit it, perhaps, in your case, and with time in between for a gold, but the imperative remains. Yet at least golds deliver a new generation of fighters. What do greens give but a fleeting moment? What might some think then if not practice targets?

He did not mean to sound critical, but rather sorrowful.

This is your first. You will learn how fickle the hearts of contenders truly are with time, but I tell you this as my second mercy, my gift, Nzambith-Sheer-As-The-Mountain: Do not let the shine blind you. Do not allow the rush let you forget that they all leave in the end, and that your hearts are not the prize, but your body. Some because they could not see beyond the depth of a pond if asked, some because it was never any deeper than one to them, and some because they are malicious and discontented.

I answered,
he said, close to whispering, letting the words tumble out of him as the tingle of alcohol began to deep into his connection, because I sense deeper depths in you. I can feel that darkness call to mine. Rare is the dragon that cultivates it. And I answered because you are new, in spite of the rot you carry, and if it is to be that someone else might begin the tarnish of the hearts, I would bear witness and mourn.

————————————————

Sweet Symmetry rolled 3 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 3 Total: 9 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:42 pm
That this fair Lady complimented him gave him pause; he had never thought of himself as a particularly fine specimen of dragonkind. No, there were many others suited to that title. There was bulk and lumbering limbs where grace and elegance should be… and, really, well, far too much tail. Yes. She was being nice for the sake of the Flight- that could be the only possible reason for it. He gave a small croon, twisting slightly to catch a thermal that propelled him in a burst of height.

If I compare to you, by even a single measure, then I would be most pleased. His tender thoughts were an echo of the feeling that he simply could not compare to a Lady- more beautiful by the nature of their very being. He was, perhaps, too traditional in that regard; had he been more aware of the current of Nzambith’s thoughts… well, he spoke from his hearts, and he pursued her as doggedly as any of the competitors. This is a most enjoyable Flight, sweet Nzambith. Are you comfortable, and enjoying yourself as well?

Stamina: 22  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel rolled 3 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 5 Total: 8 (3-18)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 pm
It was perhaps to his detriment that he had never chased before and now a green as steady as could be had pushed his never tested luck. More than that, he was not built to last forever - unlike many of those around him had been built to last forever.

Then perhaps we will meet in the tide, when all is inconsequential again. he agreed - then allowed himself to drop, knowing the waves would catch him and his frankly weak body. But for a moment, he could be a part of that ocean that he'd shared with Nzambith for a time. Even there, he'd share a moment of mental tether of the water that rushed up to claim him.

But he was fine. It was only water, after all.

Khandjith's Stamina: 8 - He gone. Farewell lovely green.  
Hattaki rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 5 Total: 16 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:28 am
Such a mystery it was why some dragons rose to chase, when it was clear that there was sour in their hearts, but then the green that was rising clearly had some capacity for it. Could have been the focus that he was paying her, but Haezeth could sense and all but feel her switching back and forth between emotions and frame of mind as she responded to each male in turn and some were... different than others. As long as she was still interested and not upset by it he supposed that it wasn't a bad thing, but it made him long to show her a better time all the same, as if to make up for it.

Where one of the blues chasing, a bubbly one that seemed to lighten the mood, had been helping, suddenly both he and the other small one had fallen towards the ocean below. Eyes whirling yellows of concern that were still shot through with purple from his overwhelming flightlust, Haezeth nearly drew up some as if he could dive down to save them from the waters. Dragons of course knew how to swim, but it was effort to stay swimming as they didn't float nearly well with all the muscles on their frames, but exhausted and falling from a height, would they be okay? While he might have been somewhat coarse and gruff on the surface and wasn't extremely familiar with other dragons, that didn't mean he didn't care about them either and his instincts were to rush down to catch them both lest any harm come to them.

Yet Nzambith's voice called him back, drug his attention back to his original goal and away from the males that had tumbled out of the flight. Should he lose, he'd make certain to go back and see they were safe and unharmed, it was a promise the big bronze made himself as he looked back towards the green seemingly glowing in the sunlight. I don't foresee that as a problem, beautiful. Let these strong wings catch you and I'll make certain to show you what promises will be kept.

------------------------

Still unable to move from where he held onto Vennodren with every bit of every month of desire he'd kept hidden deep down inside of himself, Ty'bar looked in vain at his dragon and then back at the taller man before him as if something might happen. She was assuming entirely too much out of this, just because flight lust was strong didn't mean that Venn would want him of all people. They'd spent one night together, of course, but they'd been friends since then as he watched Nzambith grow joyfully, seen the pair become a strong force to be reckoned with. Between the head still pressed to his back and the man before him, the greenrider wasn't paying any attention to what was being said, not looking so much at the other's lips as he was his eyes.

It wasn't until arms wrapped around him that he was started up from his inner thoughts and his eyes widened. Behind him Asilaeth wiggled the end of her nose a bit and let her eyes turn varying shades of purple for the younger man as he pressed a kiss against her nose. Always. she responded gently. Don't let the fool's anxiety confuse you, there was never any question of his thoughts. These thoughts she shared privately to just Vennodren before pulling back and slinking around the pair of them to head towards Nzambith's wallow in the sand. While she had been the one to get the pieces falling, she wanted no part of any events to follow as she could already feel the emotions swirling as her rider wrapped his own arms around the man before him.

Go get lost in a good way.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Smerdle rolled 3 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 5 Total: 13 (3-18)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:09 am
Koroth tried, he really did, but it wasn't long before he realized his time was up. He hadn't stopped sporadically twirling and trilling during the flight, but now that he was ready to concede the blue was outwardly silent, putting on one last burst of speed to get as high as he could before he fell.

It was a joy to fly with you, stormy Nzambith! I must retreat, but I do hope you find what you're looking for. Koroth gave her one last fanfare, his breathless honks following him back toward the ground.

stamina: 8 - farewellllll <3

SilverLutz rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 2, 5 Total: 14 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:39 pm
Nzambith was silent as she listened to Dhumavath, his words reaching deep into her soul to touch a side of her that was frequently pushed down. She tried to be more positive for Venn but it was difficult and this brown certainly shared in her dreary thoughts which made her yearn for the darkness and stillness of sleep, if nothing else. Not now, but when she was done. She could feel her muscles burning, only her will was powering her on now, Asi's words echoing in her mind to fly until she exhausted the lot.

Is it bad if that is all we are? she asked. She knew golds were the only ones to produce eggs, but they rose so infrequently it was important to practice. Perhaps that's all she was - practice - but it could mean a stronger clutch in the future because of it. She was, in the eyes of some dragons, nothing but fodder for thread, an expendable part in a huge machine, but she was all right with that. She knew her purpose even if Vennodren wanted so much more.

His second warning made her shiver a bit despite the warmth on her hide and she pushed on, the thought of him surrounding her in the end not unwelcome but certainly strange considering the burning feeling within her. He may say he chased for her 'depths', but she didn't consider herself all that deep. What you see was what you get. She was a gentle, soft dragon with a mind for death and pessimism and little else.

Don't mourn me for something that is a part of my existence, she said with a soft sigh, wrapping her mind around his for a moment. Mourn with me should we fall together that we are slaves to our own bodies and must act upon things like this without second thought. For although males could choose to chase or not, there was still purple in Dhumavath's eyes. He wasn't chasing simply for her personality.

Again, the darkness of the brown was pushed away by a polite, warm presence as Ansheth's voice drew her attention once more to the bronze. Beware the shine...but she liked the shine. Was it so bad to be drawn to something physically? He seemed to be quite the proper dragon, one worthy of chasing and clutching a gold rather than hovering after a simple green like herself. Perhaps he was only here to satisfy his own desires, but if that was the case, Nzambith would enjoy every shining moment with him.

His questions surprised her and for a moment she wondered if doing the flight this way was right. Normally dragons were battling one another, chasing the quick, agile greens with everything they had. It almost seemed as though this group was on a leisurely flight together. She glanced away in embarrassment, unsure of how to reply.

It is...more than I expected, she admitted, figuring only a few blues and maybe a brown might rise to answer her call. The fact that there were two bronzes in the mix was overwhelming but in the best of ways. The flip flopping between sunshine and care and darkness and depression was jarring as well, but flightlust was the supreme ruler of her mind at the moment. It would surely come back to bite her once she settled down.

A soft trumpet and a shy, but thankful caress brushed Khandjith's mind as he gently floated down out of contention. She was grateful for his attention and was sad he couldn't continue, but understood that pushing himself too much could result in injury. She wasn't worth that, certainly. Koroth, too, was given a moment of attention and thanks as he descended. Nzambith hoped she'd find what she was looking for as well, although she wasn't sure she would. She did hope the two blues had an enjoyable time at the very least and that they didn't feel as though they had wasted energy and their morning at her expense.

Haezeth was pressing on as strong as ever even after faltering a bit as the two blues descended to the sea below. Nzambith was thankful someone else was concerned for them, not at all upset that his attention had broken from her for a bit. Someone as bright and glorious as him would clearly think of others before himself and she couldn't help but fawn over that attribute, finding it almost as attractive as the shine to his body.

Soon, she agreed softly, warmth wrapping around Haezeth's mind, beckoning him to follow her still. She knew she wouldn't be able to keep up this angle and speed much longer and she hoped that at least one of them would be there to catch her when she fell despite Asi telling her to wear them all out. If no one was there to catch her her fall would be terrible. But Haezeth seemed steady and strong - they all did, really - and as she pushed herself onward she glanced behind her again to watch the dark bronze fly. Such a magnificent beast...

---

Good try, blues! Nzambith appreciates your attention and thanks you for your participation <3 Brown and bronze boys, this is where things get dicey for you, too! Good luck to all those who remain!

medigel

Sweet Symmetry

Hattaki

---

Venn chuckled softly and lifted a hand for just a moment to give Asi's cheek a fond pat as he nodded before letting her retreat to Nzambith's sandy bed. The arms around him tightened which drew his attention back to Ty'bar whom he wasted no more time in pulling in for a kiss. His hands moved to frame the older rider's face, keeping him still as he satisfied the urge he'd had for months now, finally feeling Ty'bar as he hadn't in over a year.

He broke the kiss enough to pull back, speaking so Ty'bar could see him.

"I was hoping you'd show up," he said with a shy grin before stepping away, his hands sliding down Ty'bar's strong arms to grab his hands. Without hesitation he tugged him along as he walked backwards to his home, not wanting to break eye contact for a second.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hattaki rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 4, 6 Total: 13 (4-24)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:45 pm
Warmth seemed to wrap around his mind like tendrils, drawing him closer and ever higher after her as she seemed to rise even higher into the sky than any green he'd seen do this before. Truly Nzambith was an impressive creature herself and so he sent a flood of appreciation as his eyes finally swirled the entire way back to a deep purple. There was no use worrying in this moment about things out of his control, about others that he could worry about later.

No, there was only her and she deserved that sort of attention.

Pushing forward as if some sort of renewed strength and speed might get him closer to her, Haezeth rumbled at the strain it must have been putting on her to keep climbing and climbing. While there was no flair to her flight, there didn't need to be with how high she was rising, any flair might have caused her to fall all too soon.

---------------

Just as before, all those months ago when a raging gold had been in the sky, Ty'bar could almost feel his brain starting to short circuit and it was taking everything he had to even pay attention to what Venn was saying. Not that it mattered as the younger man simply showed him exactly how he felt and with his arms still around the taller man he pulled him towards him even closer.

Or he tried to until he broke away and started to move. Shaking his head in an attempt to clear it of all the cobwebs that seemed to be forming up there just from being this close to Venn in this sort of situation, Ty'bar managed to register that he was walking backwards on the sand. Well... that wouldn't do at all. Despite the height difference there was a decided weight difference in them and it took almost nothing at all for him to sweep the other off of his feet, planting a kiss as gently as he could before his own feet carried them both towards a hut he could locate like the back of his own scarred hands.

"Just watch you twist an ankle doin' that, can't ruin everything that way or little green might never let you live it down." Why did his voice sound so hitched?

Sweet Symmetry rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 2, 5 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:20 pm
It need only please you, Nzambith, and that will make me happy. He pushed after her, giving a small croon of encouragement. You are such a strong flier- an example to the rest of us to never lose our strength, no matter what.

As some of the blue competitors peeled away, Ansheth found himself bugling a greater challenge. There would only be one victor to claim Nzambith’s hearts, and he wanted to be sure she had all the room and space to make that decision. Should the world become too much for you to bear alone, I am here. You need only let me know. His voice was soft and rumbly, still as gentle as ever.

Stamina: 22  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

medigel rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 5 Total: 10 (4-24)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:24 pm
A few of them peeled away in her show of endurance, a funny quality for a green. Though it made sense, given what little he gleaned from their conversation so far: tentatively optimistic as Nzambith seemed, there was still a ponderous weight to her thoughts that he preferred when he wanted company at all.

Only if it is against your being, he replied softly. Perhaps she didn’t mind being only a temporary target, just as he hadn’t minded being torn to shreds. It was all ephemeral, really. Maybe she understood. It was nice think so, for once.

He crushed that spark before it started something, as one would put out an old campfire.

Dhumavath squinted as the rising sun began to catch his bronze competitors’ hides, forcing himself to move faster if only to avoid the nuisance. The air was getting thinner. He wondered who would fall next - the axe, or a tree? He didn’t have the concern about his fallen brethren others probably did, but it was starting to become a precarious height as a straight drop into the ocean now...The brown wondered idly how far one could go from there, what depths awaited in that dive.

Would you ask an artist to create music without an instrument? A voice? His hands and feet? You are right, Nzambith-Cloud-Borne: we are slaves to our own bodies. Sorrow is as much a part of me as hide and bone. What cuts I have seep sour with it. He could imagine there was an invisible fog about him, or miasma rather, that kept many at bay or at least at length.

(Never mind that Dhumavath was also purposefully avoiding the cheery bronzes as well.)

What would I find, were I to cut you open?

————————————————

SilverLutz rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 3, 3, 1 Total: 17 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:01 am
Nzambith closed her eyes as exhaustion crept in, closing in on her rapidly, her muscles straining and screaming for her to fall, to give in to the urge, to choose someone and end it all. But she hadn't completed her task yet. Fly until they all dropped. She would follow those words as best she could until her body could no longer drag her an inch higher and despite its exhaustion, she willed herself on.

So tired was she that she didn't speak to any of her suitors, although she did give them all individual attention to ensure they didn't feel forgotten or left out. To Haezeth she sent encouragement and hope, not wanting him to fall yet, hoping he'd hold on for her to see how high they could go. For Ansheth, assurance that she was as happy as she could be despite the overwhelming exhaustion crawling through her, and the hopeful thought of being caught by the bronze. Should he be here when she fell she would certainly give him due consideration. And to Dhumavath, images of ichor and gore and bone filled his mind to answer his question. And yet through the incredibly detailed images of what Nzambith thought her insides to look like, an urge for him to continue to follow her despite the non-verbal reply. Although he didn't shine like the other two, he was still very much in contention to catch her.

On she flew, opening her eyes again as she gave an exhausted trumpet, wings burning not from the sun but as she struggled to get enough air in the thinner atmosphere to sustain the pace at which she was going. She did slow, but the incline did not, each movement pulling her closer and closer to the zenith of her flight.

Stamina: 18

---

After this roll Nzambith will be rolling d8s instead of d6s. All remaining suitors, keep rolling d6s! If she doesn't peter out in the next roll, I'll bump her up to d10, then d12, and so on. Chasers will remain at d6. As always, if all three posts are rolled/filled in before the 24 hours is up, I'll roll the next round to keep it moving.

medigel

Sweet Symmetry

Hattaki

---

It didn't take long for Ty'bar's stunned expression to shift a bit as he allowed Venn to tug him along for only a few steps, at which point he took matters into his own hands and scooped the taller man up, much to Vennodren's delight. He let out a startled yelp that quickly turned into a laugh as he wrapped his arms around Ty'bar's shoulders, one strong arm under his knees and the other supporting his back. He was already flushed in the face from the flightlust coursing through him, but that flush deepened from the older rider's actions. The quick but meaningful kiss was returned and Venn kept his arms tight around Ty'bar to help keep his weight manageable. He wasn't heavy, but he was no kid!

"Ty'bar, I'm not sure I'd notice a twisted ankle right now," he admitted with a laugh, pressing his forehead to Ty'bar's temple as he was carried back to his hut. "Look at you, running all the way here to sweep me off my feet..." He trailed off as they reached the stairs and he wiggled out of Ty'bar's arms, not wanting either of them to fall down them. He didn't let go of the other man, though, and now that he was so close to privacy he nearly dragged Ty'bar up the stairs to the porch and through the door.

"Lock that behind you, dear," he called as he let go of Ty'bar's hand, more than eager to shut out the world.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sweet Symmetry rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 6, 5, 6 Total: 24 (5-30)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:53 pm
Perhaps, in his desire to be there fully in the moment, he had lost sense of himself and of time. The reassurance she sent him was echoed, returned in kind to her- a silent communion of will and gentleness. But his wings began to burn, and he gave a small hiss as he grew aware of his own stupidity.

Forgive me, Nzambith, I was foolish and reckless. I do beg your pardon, for not being able to accompany you further… He had overworked himself in his single-minded pursuit, and a note of frustration lanced otherwise sweet words. Oh, he blamed himself, of course- how could he have been so blind to the rigors she was putting them through!

So he let the wind hold him, spiralling gently away from the Flight, the lovely Lady, and the last of her suitors.

Stamina: 22 Down and out!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces