[ prp ] ink and blood (ar'din/shar/durgs) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm
Shar hardly reacted to the jab, looking up at him with a blank expression as if to say 'really? That's the best you could come up with?', honestly a bit surprised his insult had fallen so short. He was rather preoccupied at the moment with wrapping up her leg - rather professionally, she noticed - so she supposed she could forgive his lackluster attempt.

The wrapping job and his 'reply' were answer enough. He had at least some training, even if it wasn't years and years. Bandages and basic wound care were pretty novice level when it came to healer training, but the practiced ease of his movements led her to believe he'd had at least a year or two as an apprentice. She rolled her ankle a bit to test both the pain level in her leg and the tightness of the bandages, finding them satisfactory before lowering her limb from the table.

As Ar'din backed off and Alque pulled his wing back, Yulan slunk over to her rider to press her head against her good leg, kreeling softly as she looked up at Shar, eyes grey and yellow once again. Shar gave a little scoff and reached down to scoop up the small dragon, one of the few riders still able to do so with ease. Although Shar wasn't tall by any means, Yulan had barely grown an inch since she had hatched. Some of her siblings were already getting cumbersome to be held.

You stop that right now. It wasn't bad, she scolded lightly, running her hand along Yulaniath's neck to soothe her as the small dragon rested her tiny head against Shar's chest.

But it hurt you, Yulan said, closing her eyes with relief at the comfort her rider was giving her. Shar snorted again as she rubbed a finger along Yulan's cheek, scratching under her chin gently.

Lots of things hurt. Pain is temporary. I'm fine now, she insisted, to which Yulan sighed and opened her eyes just in time for the blank parchment to be tossed in front of the pair. The little dragon whipped her head around to stare at Ar'din, grey eyes flashing with red now instead of yellow, irritated at his demanding tone of voice. Shar didn't seem phased, though, and glanced from the parchment to Ar'din.

"I'll help you get your ideas down but I'm not writing it," she replied, shifting Yulan to one arm so she could push the paper back. "The assignments are only going to get harder and if you have me do this first one for you how are you going to do the rest? I'm not going to smash my leg into a table every time we have a paper to write."

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 am
Unphased by the dragonet’s glare, Ar’din scowled at Shar. “Pinky promise you won’t?” he asked, a hint of something saccharine in his voice. “I would feel so much better.”

They’ve distracted you enough, Alquemieth said. We do not need her help. We can take it and do it elsewhere, like in the records.

But Ar’din refused to move. Pulling the page back to him, he grabbed his writing utensil and let out a harsh sigh. The bronze’s tail lashed in response, but he did nothing more than lay out on the space beside his rider, fixing the other pair with a silent look.

“You tell anyone I needed the help,” he said, “and I’ll smash your leg into the table myself. Got that?”

SilverLutz
may or may not be the end for me here but <333

medigel

Anxious Spirit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:27 pm
Shar had to push down the rising anger in Yulan as Ar'din 'threatened' her, the little dragonette not at all pleased with how her brother's rider was treating her. True, they may be a green pair and the boys a bronze, but that didn't mean someone in a potential position of power should speak down to their subordinates. Shar, however, knew better than to let some ruffled boy intimidate her.

"You know, threatening someone who is trying to help you isn't the best way to accept it. Usually 'yes, thanks', gets the job done," she returned, just a hint of a smirk on her face. As prickly as Ar'din was, Shar couldn't help but see a bit of herself in him. They were both stubborn, didn't enjoy asking for help, and wouldn't back down from a confrontation. Their conversations thus far had been nothing but barbs back and forth, but for some reason that was just fine with her. It was refreshing in a way and she knew as much as Ar'din was going to get on her last nerve, he was a part of High Reaches now and needed to be as good as he had the potential to be. If he needed help with his studies she'd offer again and again if only because some day he might be the Wingleader giving her orders. She didn't need some uneducated idiot running the show.

Pulling the assignment to her, she skimmed over it again as she let her hand stroke Yulan's neck gently, soothing her irritated green. The small female settled in her lap but kept her eyes trained on the pair beside them, silent and still just like her brother.

medigel
Sorry for the long wait! We can wrap there if you want -w-

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas