Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[IC EGG BETTING] Make it Quick, Please. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 am
((PACH MISSED MEEP'S BET BECAUSE SHE RAN OUT THE DOOR AFTER HITTING SEND EARLIER, WHOOPS))

Oh! Niika was aware of Sylfie as one of the ever so lovely Goldriders of High Reaches, though her bet did cause her brows to raise. "So to clarify, you win if this gold chooses a girl from the Stands or a Western Candidate, correct?" She had to be thorough on these sorts of thoughts, after all.

She considered her counter bet, looking at Shalaera's notes thoughtfully to see if she had any ideas on this. "I bet this gold of yours will be considered small for a gold," there. That was a good bet.

Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:31 am
Lelte had heard about the bets, she wasn't really sure about it but, why the heck not?

“If... if it's okay, I'd like to make a bet, please.” She took a deep breath. Before spitting it out in a rush “ A gold in each clutch, more will be injured by Fianth's clutch than Rhianth's, and between the clutches more greens than blues.”

She nodded and turned to walk away as fast as she could. There, she had done it.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 am
And there the girl went before Niika could place a counter bet - or clarify it. So she looked at her list and nodded slowly.

"I guess if she gets all of this, it doesn't matter..."

Niika makes no counter bet.

Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more greens than blues overall - all in one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Amila had never bet before, but it sounded somehow enticing when a kitchen worker was handling it, and so the girl decided to prepare a large swath of cloth, hand weaving thread when able for clothing before seeking her out, the tan girl tucking her bob of light blonde behind an ear as she approached shyly, soundlessly with wide eyes, a shy gaze, and trembling hands.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" She spake, voice light and shy -- used to other candidates briefly, lessons, or animals, not a voiuce at all commanding attention. "But I'd like to place a bet, please -- if I may."

A swallow, a shy fidget, and a breath, and Amila focused. Maybe -- scared as she was of not doing well -- or doing anything properly -- and the fact she was betting when she was to even stand! -- but she wanted to try, and she let her fears lower a moment, and looked Niika in the eyes, a rare gesture.

"I...I'm like to bet I will impress a green please!"

And then she covered her mouth a moment as if voicing any hope might be presumptious, then she moved on. "And I'm offering clothing instead of marks if I may. I'll make it myself!"

Amila is betting on Impressing a green, if but shyly because she's an awkward turtle and I OOCly think the who idea of her betting is adorable.

--

H'lare was beaming as he sauntered into the kitchens, the rider all too happy to bet with anyone. It was a lovely past time, one Toth really was patient with him for, and the man beamed at Niika as he drew near, bowing deeply.

"Hello, my dear!" He crooned happily. "I understand you're the lovely miss taking the bets this time. So I have a bet for you."

The man remained cheery, eyes twinkling as he bowed his head politely.

"JMy proposal, my dear, is that a bronze will make an unlikely bond for a lifemate! After all, a surprise would be Splendid, yes?"

H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC.

---

It was Nidhoth's idea.

The brown was a grouchy, possessive male that normally avoided weyrs, but word od two simultaneous clutches drew the pair,and Nidhoth even agreed not to pick squabbles with other dragons -- at least not until either after the hatching, or unless a sibling male turned up. The male was eager outside, watching.

Well mine? Did you find the woman yet? Nidhoth asked demandingly. Aerone rolled her eyes, accustomed to her grumpy brown and drew lose to the kitchens patiently, her dragon's bet in mind as she hummed.

"I'd like to make a bet, please." The rider said patiently, ignoring the eager mental stare her dragon was projecting.

"Well, I'd ratyher like to bet a dragonety will try to break a sister out of her shell."

A face, the roguerider making a face at the thought.

"And for a second bet, I'd rather like to bet we'll see a white from one of the two clutches."

Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a sister from her shell, and that a white will hatch from either clutch.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 pm
"Correct," Sylfie answered with a nod and an inner release of tension. There, she'd done it, and her bet had been accepted! For her, it was a tiny little triumph that brought a pleased smile to her face. For Niika's counter, she had another nod. "That sounds fair."

Rhianth was an enormous Queen, so if one of hers was gold, perhaps it would take after her, although some might guess that with a brown clutchsire, that could affect size...but it had clearly not adversely affected clutch size in any way. Then Fianth, on the other hand, was a smaller gold, so if she had a golden daughter who took after her... But shards, they could both have a gold! Wouldn't that be something? Or maybe neither would - whatever happened, nearly five dozen new dragons was more than impressive enough!

Sylfie confirms her bet!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 pm
The way everybody spoke to her as though she was some old lady (she was only 27, but maybe it was like being an old maid - 27 and no dragon) was grating Niika's nerves just a bit, but she kept it to herself, masked behind a serious frown.

"A green, hmmm?" Niika jotted the note down, the frown remaining on her face. It wasn't that she didn't like Amila, she didn't even know the girl. That was just kind of the look that existed on the young woman's face most of the time. "Very well. I bet your green will be from Rhianth's clutch," she countered, before pausing to consider the extra terms.

"That will be fine," she wasn't sure if Shalaera would actually care, but if she did, Niika would handle the difference between clothing and Marks.

Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch.

-----

Niika was arm deep in bread she was kneading when she was approached by a rider who made his intentions for doing so very clear - a bet! She'd been a popular woman as of late for taking up the task of bookie and it was no surprise to her. She took a moment to wipe off her hands before fishing her notes out of a pocket in her skirt to write H'lare's suggestion down.

An unlikely impression, hmm? There wasn't exactly a lot that would fall into that territory.

"Very well. I bet more of our metallics impress to children from Western Weyr than High Reaches taught."

Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do.

---

It seemed she had two bets to entertain - one that Niika would be absolutely and completely clear on, and another she'd be fine to handle on her own.

"For your first - if a dragon is assisted and it is a brother, will that invalidate your terms?" she inquired, waiting to find out before she countered the bet. As for Aerone's second bet.....

"For the second bet, your white will impress to a girl," she stated decisively.

Niika is clarifying the terms of the first bet. Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl.

NovaCracker

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:58 pm
She's asking if a brother is the terms or any. Aerone poked at her brown with a patient sigh, motioning she was thinking before the brown all but rumbled back his pleasure.

A brother is ideal, if gender is required, a brother is the preference.

Another eyeroll, but she would amuse her brown -- he WAS behaving.

"A brother is the preferred gender."

A white to a gbirl? Well! That was rather precious -- and it would be cute if the cards played out that way. Who knew?

Aerone is clarifying it will be a brother! Because her dragon is a brat... LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:07 pm
"Very well. If the assisted hatchling is a sister you lose," Niika confirmed, jotting down the note with a nod. "I have no counter bet beyond that," she added, just in case it wasn't clear that she was going to take bet that it was a girl.

Though she never said it had to be a white sibling.

Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am
So he was doing it. The whole...candidate thing. Some mornings Falienn still woke up with utterly no drive to go one with it. Nothing but that empty sort of exhaustion he'd become intimately familiar with in the last turn. But he was doing it, and almost every day he managed to lever himself up out of bed and get on with it. Today's been a hard day to get started, but he was moving now. Moving, and with ears open. Rumors of betting...once upon a time he'd been the type to race off and indulge. Today it'd taken him all morning to debate on if he wanted to or not. Still he eventually found his way to where the magic was happening. But...what to bet? He lingered off to the side for some time, debating.

A morbid, terrible thought came to mind, and he shoved it away—a conscious effort he'd begun to try to make lately—determined to think about something else. A minute later when little else came to mind, he gave in. Shrugged. Approached the table.

The glint in his blue eyes was bright, almost clever, as if he'd thought up a grand joke.

"I bet I bite it, down on the sands," He smirked. "Green got a taste of me last time, so I'm betting if I don't impress, I won't be walking off either, yeah? Hey, also, oh man, this'll be great—If I win, mind forwarding the egg on to Wingleader K'ienn? I suppose if I lose I'll be happy enough with that to not mind owing you the marks, so I won't have you send him the bill too..."

Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching because he's got a case of the morbs. And wants the egg, if he 'wins', to go to his dad because GET REKT.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:49 am
That was an absolutely morbid bet, and Niika's opinion on that was...actually not too clear on her face. But her dark eyes gleamed with mysterious thoughts while she took note of it.

"I'll forward him the bill anyways if you lose," she stated vaguely, though perhaps it was meant as a joke. Or perhaps that was her counter to that bet? "I bet your lifemate will try to get a taste of somebody else before you," she decided in a tone that sounded much more like an actual bet, than a misplaced attempt at humor. Maybe she was just being a bit too serious for her own good.

It kept her from seething on the inside quite as much.

Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:10 pm
Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch

The young man was impressed by the queen's double clutch. So many eggs! So many possibilities! Surely! Surely, here would be his chance to find his dragon. But which clutch would his dragon hatch from?

He'd heard about a woman taking some bets for the clutches and decided to place his own. It took a little tracking down, but eventually he found with woman. Makimton gave her a smile. "I will be quick, for I feel I will impress from Rhianth's clutch." Now to see if his bet came true.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pm
Makimton's bet was a simple enough one to counter, at the very least. "Very well. I'll see that you impress from Fianth's clutch instead," her answer was quick and to the point, at the very least. "Good luck," she added. Perhaps he'd caught the former candidate feeling at least in a bit of a good mood.

Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:07 pm
"...and why not, sis, it's not like we'll get to go and enjoy the eggs before they're nice and cooked."

"Hatched," Glinda corrected mildly.

"Cooked," Oz insisted. "Eggs in hot as s**t sand, crowded by people and dragons? Cooked. No wonder you got babies wanting to gnaw a foot off at birth." He leaned in with a grin, flaring his hands at either side of his face. "They're scrambled."

His sister made a disgusted noise.

The two weren't an uncommon sight, peddling jewels and kitschy gifts and Faranth knew what other oddities that day, as Oz had a penchant for handling things Glinda was quite sure he should not have been laying a finger on so easily. Tall and bright haired, they exuded complimentary (paradoxical) auras of inviting eagerness and poised calm, a yin and yang that had both won and confused customers who so much as glanced their way, as Oz had a way of inveigling a person to paying attention, to just window shop, to consider the properties of this and that. But right now, he needed to turn that charm to a certain somebody and indulge in an old past time.

Cavalier as you pleased, Oz flashed the woman a smile as he approached. "Speaking of egg-cellent things, why, I hear you're running a little game, miss! Might I have your name before we play? The wher that whispered in my ear didn't share such important information before it skittered off."

Glinda sighed and, while still behind her brother, shook her head slightly at the kitchen worker, as if to apologize for whatever came out of his mouth.

demon_pachabel
they'll make bets, oz just wants to chat....just a teensy bit............

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Strangers came and went - yet oddly the woman who had left the eggs in Niika's care hadn't made her way back yet. She was travelling by foot, however, so perhaps her destination was so much father away than she'd initially thought it would be. That just meant that for so much longer, she had to hope that the Dragon eggs hatched before the Firelizards. They'd wiggled a little bit here or there, but....

Well, some nights she was more nervous about them than others.

Niika had been half in the middle of her work, and half distracted by thoughts of 'please don't let all 9 of those eggs hatch on me' when the pair had approached. Oz was given a mostly uninterested look when it came to his pun. She had a lot of thoughts on the theatrical way of asking for her name, but they weren't important ones, so they were tucked away with little fuss. She was used to stashing her thoughts away like that. "Niika - and I am trying to do my job," she added, just in case that meant anything outside of herself.

Medigel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 am
It was fun to bet. Nyaranau often did it on stupid, silly things- like which trundlebug would out-speed the other, or which weyrbrat would stop licking the wall first… often, Ruunan was dragged into these shenanigans against his will. Sometimes, he laughed. She lived for those moments.

As it was, the promise of flitter eggs hung in the air, accompanied by the name ‘Niika’. It was lunch hour, and the woman in question was not difficult to find in the dining cavern.

“Niikaaaa, hi.” Nyara greeted, with her regular cheeky grin. Ruunan trailed a step behind her, offering the older woman a half-sympathetic, half-kindly smile. He knew his sister could be a bit much- and she had her bit-much-voice on. “I wanna put some bets on the hatchings-to-come, and I hear you’re the go-to woman for that. Although willingly or not, I never caught the details…” There was a second or two of her trailing into silence, before she reanimated with a bright smile. “Anyways--” She cast her brother a significant glance, “I bet there will be two gold dragons- each Impressing to a candidate from each Weyr; the first to Impress will be a brown from Rhianth’s clutch. The first egg to hatch overall will be the Auror egg. The first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg. And this bother-brother of mine… well… I think he’s going to make a dashing Greenrider. One of Fianth’s.”

“Oh.” He murmured, not quite sure where to look, his cheeks slightly flushing… “Well, erm… I think the first dragon to Impress will be a bronze, from Fianth’s clutch.” Doubt filled his voice, but Nyara nodded along, encouragingly. “I think there will be more female dragons than male- but more male weyrlings overall. And I think Nyara will probably Impress a Blue, maybe from Rhianth’s clutch.” His look had turned almost pained. It was clear that he was not enjoying the experience half as much as his sister was. But still, he had spoken. That was achievement enough for the day.

Quote:

Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch.

Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch; there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs; and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff