[CONTEST] Vikings Don't Die, They THRIVE! [CLOSED!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 pm
This is closed and being judged smile we will roll after this is judged. Please be patient. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 pm
MUCH EXCITE!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm
LadyPipen
First Born Daughter
Name: Frida
Personality:
A quiet cub, it's quite easy to dismiss Frida as shy and cowardly- and for sure, it is her strategy to keep her head down and make as few ripples as possible, and at first glance the cub seems timid and better suited to life in service of her betters. However, this would be where you were wrong- quiet and subtle she is, but a coward she is not. She enjoys her peace and quiet and calm, but make no mistake, this does not mean she'll simply roll over and suffer in silence. Oh, you may beat her in combat, that's true- but Frida is a staunch believer in the phrase "Don't get mad, get even."
So, a bigger, stronger cub wants to show off and shove her nose in the dirt? Alright, go on with it, she'll allow it in interest of ending the conflict quickly and with minimal injuries- but when that meaner cub is found later that week retching his guts into the dirt for the fifth day in a long sickness, you can bet it's because Frida has found a way to sneak nasty herbs into his meal. Or sunk a rotting rabbit into his family's drinking water- or some other devious action and hey- he's not bothering anyone any longer.
Prompt Response:
(I did both together~ they tied in nicely! <3)

Frida was not stupid- she knew when something was amiss. Sure as the sun in the sky... It was Momma Astrid that gave it away, really, otherwise the cub would have been none the wiser. Young as she was, with her fly-on-the-wall ways Frida was growing more in-tune to her family's moods and habits every day, and Momma Astrid wore her heart on her sleeve.

It was something Frida usually loved... She could be her spineless, unconfrontational self and sneak back home for affection and comfort when other cubs got too rough and their harsh words and accusations began to sting just a little bit more than Frida was willing to admit.... To anyone, she wasn't about to confide in Momma Astrid- she wasn't as strong, even at such a young age, Frida could sense it. She always made up stories- falling out of a tree was a favorite, and so was accidents while rough-housing. She didn't mind being accused of softness, not really- how could she, when snuggling up with Momma was just so... nice?

What she did mind was when the teasing was directed at her moms. Even at a young age, she'd figured out the relationship was.... Not exactly normal. Which was odd- she loved her mommas, her mommas loved each other, really the basics were covered with that alone, and yet the stigma existed. It even fell to her, from time to time, as quiet and odd as she was.

"HEY! Get away from my sister, you little freak!" The cub came out of nowhere, interrupting Frida's conversation- not about any worries of her own, no, that was too personal to confide in anyone, but the weather and other cubs and lessons were all safe topics. Family was not the only company you had to keep, after all- and Frida always found herself more comfortable around other girl cubs. Not from any romantic interest- but simply because she could carry a conversation with the sister, while the brother charged and tackled her to the ground for simply existing in proximity.

From under his paws, Frida gave little expression more than pinned ears and a curt frown, half-heartedly pushing at the brick of a cub- he was older, and bigger, the fight was lost before it even began, and she wasn't about to encourage such a one-sided battle. "What'd you think you're gettin' at, messin' around with my sister? You think I don't know what family you're from? If you think I'm gunna let you get my sister into whatever s**t you and those bitches are into you're crazier than you look," The words the cub spat gained some scandalized gasps from the nearbuy cubs- already surrounding the fight that was beginning. Not from the accusations, but that the cub dared use forbidden grown-up words.

"Stop it, I can talk to whoever-"

"You shut up! Dad would kill you if he knew who you were hanging out with, you're better than these freaks and don't you forget it," the cub snarled when his sister tried to intterupt, furious glare changing target only for enough time to snarl his sister into silence before his attention turned back to Frida herself, still barely giving enough effort to be considered fighting.

"Look at you, you're pathetic. That's what you get when you stick around unnatural freaks. Is this the best you can do? You're no better than a Thrall, I bet if I smacked you hard enough I'd find flowers instead of blood like we have," the cub jeered- Frida didn't cry, but there must have been something satisfying in the way her face twisted, because the older cub simply spat, raking claws down her face as he jumped off her, laughing.

"Look, she's not even going to deny it!" The cub jeered, leaving Frida to weakly shake the dirt from her pelt and rub at the angry red lines that marred her face- it'd be harder to explain to Momma Astrid, she'd be so upset when she saw it- "If you all know what's good for you, a snarl is the only 'talk' you'll give the likes of her, or her freaky family! In fact...." The cub paused- he'd been shoving his sister home with a shoulder when the idea hit him, and he turned back with a wicked grin, scanning over the crowd of cubs who had gathered for the one-sided fight, "If I ever see anyone talking to her again, I'll make sure she isn't the only one picking herself out of the dirt, you hear me?"

And with that jeer, the cub shoved his sister away- snapping when she tripped, leaving Frida to watch them leave, memorizing just where they disappeared to with narrowed eyes as the crowd of disappointed cubs dispersed, whispering- the fight wasn't violent enough for them, but Frida was glad enough for it. It could have been worse....

Once all the cubs had found their way back to what they had been doing, Frida finally stood, shaking the dirt from her fur- the pitiful act was over, there was no one left to fool, and it was with unusual confidence Frida bounded off- sure, she could wallow in the pity of the encounter, but that would distract from her missions, and was best left to knaw at late at night, safe in Momma's paws.

It was the dark lioness that caught her eye. Frida still didn't recognize everyone in the pride, but she was slowly learning who was friendly, and who was not... a*****e bigger cub was not, but this was Inanyesha's personal thrall, and Frida noticed her, and how similar they were. They both sat back and watched- perhaps that's why the older cubs thought she was better fit to life as a thrall, but Frida would never- could never- accept that. There were differences, such as how the adult lioness took notice of the freeborn cub immediately, pausing the moment Frida approached and becoming as attentive as if Frida was a grown-up, too... It was a power the cub rather enjoyed.

"I need you to catch me a rabbit," Frida ordered- she wasn't quite sure if this was right, really, but she had sense enough to know thralls were ordered and listened to orders so it went to figure that the lioness wouldn't argue, and though Aphria blinked, she didn't protest, so Frida continued, "The biggest, juicest, yummiest rabbit you can possibly find. Not fluffy-big, fat-big, it's very important. And.... Tomorrow. I need it tomorrow afternoon, we can meet right back here again when the sun is highest in the sky, is that okay?"

The longer Frida spoke, the less commanding she tried to be- by the end of it, she was positively giddy with her plan, shy smile gracing her face as she tried not to bounce on her paws, and Aphria herself softened at the sight- Ina surely wouldn't miss her for the little time it would take to find a rabbit, she was sure, and clearly the cub had something in mind, sweet thing- a gift for an upset mother, she figured, though she couldn't be further from the truth. Then again, there was no sweeter gift than revenge, was there? "I will do as you say, my lady," Aphria responded gently, watching as the cub swelled with pride- look at her, commanding grown-ups.

Frida whirled around, ready to bound off to her own mission- to find a very specific plant- when a second realization tickled her mind and she suddenly looked back once more at the dark thrall, "Also, um.... Do you know who Helvegr is?" Big, pale eyes stared expectatly at Aphira as the lioness puzzled- young cubs still thought adults held the answer to everything, and the lioness did not care to let the cub down- by the look of that face, someone had already done enough of that- but the most she had ever heard was rumor and gossip, she didn't know the cub's parents herself.

Still, she settled down next to the cub without sigh or complaint. "I think," she began softly, "That this is best a question answered by your mothers. I do not know all that happened- what I do know, is that Helvegr was the same type of lion as whatever cub left his mark on your face, a true Stormborn, Freya's son. But I am Inayesha's thrall, not Freya's, and more than that I do not know."

Frida listened with wide eyes, regarding every little bit the lioness said with great reverence- no one usually told her anything, really, usually they just said 'you'll understand when you're older' and left it at that. "Okay," Frida answered after a short silence, subconciously in the same quiet tone Aphria had used to explain. Making Helvegr into a bigger version of her own bully suddenly made everything make sense- why Momma Astrid and Freya talked about him when they thought they were all asleep, only in hushed whispers were they thought no one could hear, why Momma Astrid no longer smiled- not real smiles- and seemed so.... Not-Momma. Frida stared at her paws as she considered all the information she had been given, gently holding it in her mind like precious gold before she suddenly looked back up at Aphria with a bright grin.

"Okay! Thank you! Don't forget the rabbit- sun-high tomorrow, right here!" She chirped, jumping to her feet and bounding away with a new spring in her step. Momma had bullies, too, it made since once Frida had considered it, and she was much softer than Frida. Now that she knew, she could help- she was a cub, but she could help more than they gave her credit for, she knew. Even if she had to get a whole bush of leaves for whoever Helvegr was! She bet a grown-up would underestimate her even more than the other cubs did...

Cheza has dmed me and Pipen is the winner of the first born girl <3

User Image

Stay tuned for the 2nd girl rolling . Pipen will be taken out of the rolling because she won prompt girl <3  
Alpaca Chobi generated a random number between 1 and 8 ... 3!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm
1. AstoriaFallen
2. nessaing
3. NovaCracker
4. MangoMeow
5. Daffupanda
6. Midnightglow18
7. -_Wish of Tevarae_-
8. Kitsune Mistress Nyoko  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:11 pm
NovaCracker

Second Born Daughter
Name: Frigg
Name Meaning: "Beloved"

And Nova has RNG powers <3

User Image

This is the end of the contest. Thank you everyone for your patience : )  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff